• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface

I think the guy just beat the atma challenge. So it's completely possible to get all the atmas in 14 hours!*

*If you have the whole server spamming fates with you in the same zone so you complete about 3 a minute

Look like people will jump (literally) on ninja train in 2.4. I'll go with rogue then I'll wait for gunner :p

Edit: oh rogue is base class for Ninja?

I think the guy just beat the atma challenge. So it's completely possible to get all the atmas in 14 hours!*

*If you have the whole server spamming fates with you in the same zone so you complete about 3 a minute

Even when the atma thing first came and people were doing that naturally there are people that spent entire days in one zone.

Astral

Is there a point to buying the retail version of this game aside from getting a box? It's pretty cheap for PS3 on the Playstation Store and I heard you get a free digital upgrade for the PS4 if you already have it on PS3. In that case, can I just buy it on the PS3 and then upgrade for free on the PS4?

Sophia

Is there a point to buying the retail version of this game aside from getting a box? It's pretty cheap for PS3 on the Playstation Store and I heard you get a free digital upgrade for the PS4 if you already have it on PS3. In that case, can I just buy it on the PS3 and then upgrade for free on the PS4?

Retail versions are just a code in a box anyhow. If you have both a PS3 and a PS4 you can do the free upgrade after activating your account on the former.

aceface

Guess the challenge is not over! Atma guy is back. They opened a huge bottle of wine after the last one so I thought he was done.

Astral

Retail versions are just a code in a box anyhow. If you have both a PS3 and a PS4 you can do the free upgrade after activating your account on the former.

Awesome, thanks. This will be my first MMO. Well I played the WoW trial and got bored for some reason just as the game was about to open up. I just hate playing on my laptop. Hopefully since this is on consoles it goes a lot better.

He is pretty hardcore. Nakamura actually has a show with another nerdy VA, Sugita, where they play games from all times.

tumblr_naebfqMVnz1r9tozso1_500.png

Would fit right in GAF.

i like.

Ninja: The Game for the next 6 months.

pretty sure my PS3 ver. was on a disc.

Sophia

Awesome, thanks. This will be my first MMO. Well I played the WoW trial and got bored for some reason just as the game was about to open up. I just hate playing on my laptop. Hopefully since this is on consoles it goes a lot better.

The PS4 version is comparable to a mid/high end PC running at 1080p, and supports everything the PC version does. So I think you'll be happy there.

pretty sure my PS3 ver. was on a disc.

It comes with an install disc, but you don't need to use it. You can just enter the PSN code and directly download the client, if you wish.

aceface

Showing yoshiP doing the mo-cap for bard on the stream right now, lol

Edit: Hahahaha yoshi is the minstrel that gives you ultima HM and savage coil, fitting he's a troll character

I just returned to crafting to make some money after a few months hiatus and holyshyte some mats are insanely more expensive than before lol which is a good thing because I horde many of those so I don't even need to craft anything to make money lol

Today's prices aren't applicable though. At the time, I got the control IV for around 180k, the control II/IIIs were around 30k each(wtf). If I would of failed 5 of the 35% IIs I'd of broken even, which while only being a 11% chance it is still a risk. There's also the fact that I could use the 1-2k control I for my final pentameld over a much more expensive II or III. The craft 3s were only like 15k at the time, but using my prices with your suggested meld order I'd need to fail at least 7 I melds to match even one failed III. The disparity could be better or worse depending on current prices, but that was my original point.

There is really no perfect, 100%, optimal or suboptimal meld order because the prices can vary that much. I have seen as much as 150% fluctuation on certain materia. It is pretty insane.

I don't wanna beat a dead horse, but I ran the numbers using 30k for Control II, 38k for Control III (current price), 180k for Control IV and current prices for Cfaft IV (195k) and Craft III (20k). I included the costs of catalysts as well, though it's minimal.

The optimum meld is still Craft IV, Control III, Craft III, Control II, Craft III. The expected cost to meld is 557k gil. The expected costs of yours is 572k so it's not that big a difference and it's a safer meld.

In real life you only roll once, I also like to run the "worst case scenario" if RNG doesn't go you way. I use p90 which means that 90% of the time melding should be cheaper than this.

In that case your meld is better, since the expected cost is 849k, The optimal long term meld in this case would cost 1,130k. So yeah with those prices, I'd say it was a good call to go with your rotation, since it's only a little more expensive and much safer.

With today's prices however, the expected cost of yours is 642k vs the optimal one at 525k. You're leaving over 100k on the table.

Even if you are incredibly unlucky the p90 cost of yours 919k and the optimal one is 1,040k which is much closer. They flip at around 80%, so 80% of the time not using a Control IV will be cheaper, and in the long run significantly cheaper.

Sorry to bore you guys with this, but I couldn't find the difference quantified anywhere and I thought it might be interest to some.

orion434

So I used the Choco Coloring spreadsheet and have the fruits for Hunter Green, how exactly should I feed it? I've read about RNG playing a factor, what do I need to look for?

Robin64

Man.. It was fine following the story quests and doing all the others that each area would bring up until about 38, but since then I keep finding that I fall short of the story quests by more and more each time. Case in point, I'm about 30% of the way through 43 and the next part needs 44. FATE grinding for me?

IvorB

Man.. It was fine following the story quests and doing all the others that each area would bring up until about 38, but since then I keep finding that I fall short of the story quests by more and more each time. Case in point, I'm about 30% of the way through 43 and the next part needs 44. FATE grinding for me?

Just hit the dungeons, man. Or non-story quests, leves etc. You can never be short of XP in this game. It's pretty much thrown at you.

aceface

Beast tribe dailies throw a good amount of experience at you.

creid

Make sure you keep up with the guildhests, you get a decent bonus for doing each one once on each class. Completing a daily low level dungeon roulette should get you about half a level, as well.

WolvenOne

Just an FYI, I didn't get a single Atma last night. Got roughly 15k GC seals though, so it wasn't entirely a loss. Half tempted to keep trying, on the off chance it'll be awhile before I can respec my Bravura.

I mean, Parry/Accuracy is your best bet if you're going to be the main tank as a Warrior, but not so much if you're off tank, or for War DPS-ing.

I can always use the Atma's on a different class if it turns out respec opportunities will be ample.

Edit : are we certain that there isn't a quest that needs to be reactivated or something?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
FFXIV is going to turn into Naruto Online in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom