• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
those queues in general

it will be an extremely happy months for tanks and healers I guess.

Then again who'd be playing tank/heal when theres ninja out by then

Me if I want a quick queue for expert roulette!

Because we all know everyone is gonna level NIN hard and be level 50 in like no time at all.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
My queues as a PLD/SCH are already instant. They could not be any faster without traveling back in time, putting me into a dungeon before I open Duty Finder.

I still sometimes have to wait a few minutes as WHM.

I'd probably go healer more in expert roulette but my experience in EX DR is that the dps and tanks are crazy and I don't feel like carrying them.

My queues as a PLD/SCH are already instant. They could not be any faster without traveling back in time, putting me into a dungeon before I open Duty Finder.

Open the Tanks;Gate

Sometimes I've actually had to wait for a queue as a tank, I remember one time I was trying to do the Ramuh story fight a couple of weeks ago after everyone had already moved on past it and I waited for over 60 minutes until enough people still needed it. This was at 4 am my time though.

Kandinsky

Man I cant believe I've wasted half my Saturday on this shitty Atma farm (that still havent drop btw), I have wasted 28 hours so far on this content, almost 15 hours alone for the North Shroud one and still need 4 more, this isnt healthy I should take a break tbh, fuck this game D:

Also, Ninja is DPS? bleh.

WolvenOne

Man I cant believe I've wasted half my Saturday on this shitty Atma farm (that still havent drop btw), I have wasted 28 hours so far on this content, almost 15 hours alone for the North Shroud one and still need 4 more, this isnt healthy I should take a break tbh, fuck this game D:

Ninja being DPS is pretty old news by now. <_<;;

Man I cant believe I've wasted half my Saturday on this shitty Atma farm (that still havent drop btw), I have wasted 28 hours so far on this content, almost 15 hours alone for the North Shroud one and still need 4 more, this isnt healthy I should take a break tbh, fuck this game atma D:

Fixed?

Mature

What else would they be?

Kandinsky

The issue is you are spending too much time on 1 zone. Keep up changing up zones and take breaks in between.
I'm always about to leave, but say to myself 'next one is the one' and it never is D:
Ninja being DPS is pretty old news by now. <_<;;
Well, I didnt know about that :X
I guess you're right, I was enjoying the game immensely untill this piece of content, I should take break from it, the atma farm i mean.

Edit: An earthquake just happened, I'll take that as a sign :p

Mr. Desu

I just picked up the game again after a few months. Never really got past level 20-30ish, but made a new character to play with some buds on another server.

What should I know that's different and what's the best way to get to where they are? (End game)

suzu

I just picked up the game again after a few months. Never really got past level 20-30ish, but made a new character to play with some buds on another server.

What should I know that's different and what's the best way to get to where they are? (End game)

Useful links:
- http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/wiki/index
- http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content

For the next OT, it should be updated (cull most of those links, keep the essentials) instead of copied & pasted over and over. lol

aceface

Atma is legit making me not want to play anymore

I felt like you guys, so I gave up on Atmas. I'm much happier for it. They do provide alternate routes to gear up, i110 weapons are not all that hard to get anymore.

WolvenOne

Yeah, at this point there isn't all that much of a reason to do Relics past Zenith, what with Soldiery weapons being fairly easy to obtain. I know the developers don't think the Atma Grind is a big deal, but people clearly don't like it.

Besides, Animus and Novus got a nerf in the form of Myth raining from the sky. It's weird that they haven't greased Atma as well.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
My i90 alt cleared Turn 9 today. Pretty intense having to worry about not having enough HP to survive certain things.

Kandinsky

Yeah, at this point there isn't all that much of a reason to do Relics past Zenith, what with Soldiery weapons being fairly easy to obtain. I know the developers don't think the Atma Grind is a big deal, but people clearly don't like it.

Besides, Animus and Novus got a nerf in the form of Myth raining from the sky. It's weird that they haven't greased Atma as well.

What are these soldery weapons you speak off? :O

Teknoman

At this point, I dont care about others that have endured the Atma grind and came out complete. Just adjust the rate and everyone will be happy in the future. I know people will boo hoo at first, but they'll be thankful when they go back around for whatever other jobs.

What are these soldery weapons you speak off? :O

Get an Unidentified Allagan Tombestone from either Turn 7 or Syrcus Tower, purchase 10 Rowena Tokens and trade them in to get a Weathered weapon. To unweather it, you'll need a Sands of Time, which you can earn from hunts or Turn 8

Teknoman

Get an Unidentified Allagan Tombestone from either Turn 7 or Syrcus Tower, purchase 10 Rowena Tokens and trade them in to get a Weathered weapon. To unweather it, you'll need a Sands of Time, which you can earn from hunts or Turn 8

Is that how you unweather Noct stuff?

Jeels

Alright, so I asked in the GAF FC but would like other opinions.

Very close to clearing the main story (I mean 2.0 story). What order should I approach things going from there?

Recommendation I received was to go through 2.1-2.3 story as well. If that's the case, then what?

Right now I'm doing beast tribe dailies and PVP on the side.

Teknoman

Titan EX help night clear courtesy of Tomo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSFlDHfDyvk

You can feel the tension near the end lol.

Alright, so I asked in the GAF FC but would like other opinions.

Very close to clearing the main story (I mean 2.0 story). What order should I approach things going from there?

Recommendation I received was to go through 2.1-2.3 story as well. If that's the case, then what?

Right now I'm doing beast tribe dailies and PVP on the side.

imo keep going through with story, and clear stuff like extreme primals and coil on the side. At any rate, you always want to be as far along the story as possible.

Damn and that is fairly easy? D:

Well if you can stand to do a few days of hunts, the sand will be easy enough to come by. By now, a lot of people just ignore the UAT in Syrcus Tower and it appears often enough so it isn't tough to come by. The 10 tokens requires you to save up 1300 soldiery though. That is probably the toughest part.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Titan EX help night clear courtesy of Tomo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSFlDHfDyvk

You can feel the tension near the end lol.

imo keep going through with story, and clear stuff like extreme primals and coil on the side. At any rate, you always want to be as far along the story as possible.

That Ranketsu LB Clinch Save.

I just nearly died lol, I don't know how I pulled that off.

Thanks Tomo for for planning this and sending me the tell if I wanted the last open spot in the group and thanks to all that participated.

MechaX

those queues in general

it will be an extremely happy months for tanks and healers I guess.

Then again who'd be playing tank/heal when theres ninja out by then

The queue times is pretty much why I switched from SMN to a Fraud SCH.

Too bad I have shit loads of caster gear, and BLM is the most boring thing ever.

Redx508

Never forget RIP emote glitch

ibmLq9edT5ID9D.gif

and Mario kart glitch
http://www.twitch.tv/redx508/b/538591241

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom