• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyoakuma

Banned
anyone lose their emergency password for their token before? I got a new phone and lost my app data for the token. I gotta get on chat tomorrow with square as soon as its 9am in cali. how hard is it to get ahold of support nowadays?

Isaccard

anyone lose their emergency password for their token before? I got a new phone and lost my app data for the token. I gotta get on chat tomorrow with square as soon as its 9am in cali. how hard is it to get ahold of support nowadays?

It's as easy (or hard, YMMV) as logging into your SE account and using the one time emergency token removal key

WolvenOne

You guys think grinding Atma is bad

wait till you start doing books

ahahahahaha...hahahaha..

I seriously don't get this. Personally it took me almost at much time to get my Atma's, and that was when Myth was a whole lot harder to come by.

Right now, Atma seems like the most arduous step, save for maybe gathering the gil you need to go full Determination on your Novus.

I seriously don't get this. Personally it took me almost at much time to get my Atma's, and that was when Myth was a whole lot harder to come by.

Right now, Atma seems like the most arduous step, save for maybe gathering the gil you need to go full Determination on your Novus.

I think you are one of the few that loves doing books. Not everybody likes waiting for fates/dps queues for dungeons where tanks leave and such

MechaX

Eh... The book stuff is not really that fun depending on your class. The queue times for some of those dungeons are absolutely unreal for ranged DPS, being told to kill 100 of these certain enemies in annoying spots 12 times is never fun, and the magic begins when you waited 2+ hours for your FATE to spawn but no one is available to help and there is no way you can take it down yourself. I can't say whether or not that is worse than completely being at the mercy of RNGesus like with Atma, but for me personally, it's just as tedious and annoying for different reasons.

Novus is another problem when considering that spiritbonding got nerfed and you have to pump in millions of gil into it if you want to go the market board route.

aceface

Hold up...I hadn't seen this longer video of ninja moves before...
http://youtu.be/ppn5aGLfxSk

Check out the bunny ears after that wrong combination on the first mudra...Lagomorph is back!
FFVI_Mysidian_Rabbit.png

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Titan EX help night clear courtesy of Tomo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSFlDHfDyvk

You can feel the tension near the end lol.

imo keep going through with story, and clear stuff like extreme primals and coil on the side. At any rate, you always want to be as far along the story as possible.

effing plumes mayne. Just when you think you get out of the range, you actually get hit by 3 separate plumes

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Straight Shot> Windbite>Venomous Bite>Heavy Shot>

Hawk'sEye,Internal Release,Blood for Blood when up

and some Bloodletter and Flaming arrow

should I be using Barrage all the time is up?

Okay well you should be starting out with some buffs beforehand as well. I usually do:

Raging Strikes -> Hawkseye -> Straightshot ->Bloodletter -> Blood for Blood -> Internal Release -> Windbite -> Venomous Bite -> Barrage -> Heavy Shot with Flaming Arrow some time before or after those.

iammeiam

PSN is down so I decide to log in to my PC and fish.

Lolnope, log in and load into a BSOD and now somehow launching an old launcher that won't patch to the current one, the FFXIV_BOOT fix doesn't work, and so now Steam is redownloading the whole thing.

Just let me catch my stupid fish, game.

Jeels

Is there any quest or anything that unlocks or anything I should do after completing the wanderers palace? Or is it just a matter of completing the dungeon.

I ask because in the main story completing a dungeon usually triggers a new quest chain. There isnt much direction in the post game..

Valor

Okay well you should be starting out with some buffs beforehand as well. I usually do:

Raging Strikes -> Hawkseye -> Straightshot ->Bloodletter -> Blood for Blood -> Internal Release -> Windbite -> Venomous Bite -> Barrage -> Heavy Shot with Flaming Arrow some time before or after those.

You're losing a GCD here. Not sure the best way to fix it, since you want Bloodletter and IR off before the dots go up. Possibly throw B4B in before Barrage, then hit Flaming Arrow/Blunt arrow after that Heavy Shot. You'll want Raging/B4B up before dropping Flaming Arrow for maximum effectiveness, I think. Not to say my rotation is perfect (far from it) but still.

should I be using Barrage all the time is up?

Barrage is far and away your best cooldown as Bard, so not only do you want to hit it whenever possible, put lead into it with as many cooldowns as you can to maximize every hit of it.

You're losing a GCD here. Not sure the best way to fix it, since you want Bloodletter and IR off before the dots go up. Possibly throw B4B in before Barrage, then hit Flaming Arrow/Blunt arrow after that Heavy Shot. You'll want Raging/B4B up before dropping Flaming Arrow for maximum effectiveness, I think. Not to say my rotation is perfect (far from it) but still.

Barrage is far and away your best cooldown as Bard, so not only do you want to hit it whenever possible, put lead into it with as many cooldowns as you can to maximize every hit of it.

I don't think Flaming Arrow is affected by the buffs...I think.

Eh... The book stuff is not really that fun depending on your class. The queue times for some of those dungeons are absolutely unreal for ranged DPS, being told to kill 100 of these certain enemies in annoying spots 12 times is never fun, and the magic begins when you waited 2+ hours for your FATE to spawn but no one is available to help and there is no way you can take it down yourself. I can't say whether or not that is worse than completely being at the mercy of RNGesus like with Atma, but for me personally, it's just as tedious and annoying for different reasons.

Novus is another problem when considering that spiritbonding got nerfed and you have to pump in millions of gil into it if you want to go the market board route.

To be fair, there were only about two FATE's that were pretty tough to do solo (That bloody Spriggan one and A Taste of Fear) but luckily I lucked out as there were others waiting for Sebek and a couple of folks from my FC and my static came over and helped me down that Spriggan. Everything else I was able to solo with ease. STILL doesn't excuse the bloody wait time or the fact that some of those FATE's were waaaaay out there and if you weren't there when it was up, there was a good chance you weren't getting it. And I so agree on those queue times, at times I felt doing the books as a BRD was a major mistake because I could almost kill all the 100 enemies needed before that darn queue popped.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Yeah you can throw Blunt Arrow or Repelling Shot in there along with a potion providing Raging/B4B is up.

Isaccard

Straight shot before Internal release?

why u do dis

I don't think Flaming Arrow is affected by the buffs...I think..

Why wouldn't it be? What are you basing this on?

WolvenOne

For Animus, I was helping out a couple FC members that were doing thiers at the same time, and there was several instances when we needed the same dungeons and fates, so it mostly worked out.

And there were only like two Fates where I had to do any real waiting, most popped in less than a half hour.

Valor

I don't think Flaming Arrow is affected by the buffs...I think.

The general consensus is that Flaming Arrow is affected only by Hawk's Eye.

Ah yeah, that's what it was. I think I got mixed up by reading once someone saying Blood for Blood worked with Flaming Arrow. Even then, it's still just as likely that it isn't affected by any buffs, but I like to pop it once I have buffs up anyway, just in case. Not like it can hurt, I suppose. I've seen some people throw it down early in their opening and some throw it down late. I guess that just is a matter of preference. I like having cds up before dropping it, just in case one of them matters.

Last one sold on Ultros went for 5 mil, last I checked there were none for sale :(

Yup, 5,160,999.

Mirrors and Whiskers were dropping like mad for us yesterday. I didn't even think much about them dropping until I checked the marketboard on the Whisker out of curiosity.

I guess people really want those i95 Moogle weapons.

...or a mailbox.

MechaX

I typically use one of the rotations that has been floating on reddit for a few months now. I think it's:

Quelling Strikes -> Straight Shot -> Bloodletter -> Internal Release -> Windbite -> Hawk's Eye -> Venomous Bite -> Raging Strikes -> Blood for Blood -> Bloodletter/Heavy Shot -> Barrage -> Heavy shot/Bloodletter -> Flaming Arrow -> Bloodletter/Heavy Shot -> Straight Shot -> Blunt Arrow/Repelling -> Windbite -> Blunt Arrow/Repelling -> Venomous Strike.

From what I have read, the rationale behind this opening rotation is:
1) You have every cooldown up while Barrage is up
2) Dots will be up during a time where you have 20%+ crit, and I think Straighter Shot's proc is solely dependent on Heavy Shot; it's just weighing if you want more bloodletters through River of Blood or more Straighter Shots.
3) You will be clipping your dots a little towards the end, but if timed right, it should be at the tail-end of Raging and B4B/Hawk's Eye.
4) Raging Strikes will recharge a bit later than the others, but at the very least, you will always be able to combine Hawk's Eye and B4B with Barrage if you just weave in cooldowns as soon as they are up.

The problem is that Flaming Arrow is going to come up way before Hawk's Eye recharges. Plus, people did testing on the rotation, but I don't know if it was made before people really knew how some things worked (ie, Flaming Arrow and buffs).

I usually use Raging Strikes before anything else because it has the longest cd then do a usual BRD rotation with every other buffs between attacks.

supergiz

So after 30 failed desynths on the legendary fish, I do a desynth on a frilled shark at 3:34 a.m. during fair weather on top of the chocobo stables at the FC house, and to my surprise get the vanity item and sell it immediately for 7 million gil. Then, today I get another frilled shark and desynth it same place, time, and weather and to my surprise I get the same vanity item but for males!!! I think I found my lucky desynth spot and time and weather!!! :)

Fqew3rS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom