• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaccard

So after 30 failed desynths on the legendary fish, I do a desynth on a frilled shark at 3:34 a.m. during fair weather on top of the chocobo stables at the FC house, and to my surprise get the vanity item and sell it immediately for 7 million gil. Then, today I get another frilled shark and desynth it same place, time, and weather and to my surprise I get the same vanity item but for males!!! I think I found my lucky desynth spot and time and weather!!! :)

Fqew3rS.jpg

#gilsecrets.com

Isaccard

Add vote to kick from frontlines was a bad idea.

I just saw a guy get kicked and rejoin the same game, same team five times

funny thing is he wasn't even doing anything wrong

flames starting to kick each other for getting steamrolled :[

Ultros minion is coming. YES GAWD.

Link?

dcye

For Animus, I was helping out a couple FC members that were doing thiers at the same time, and there was several instances when we needed the same dungeons and fates, so it mostly worked out.

And there were only like two Fates where I had to do any real waiting, most popped in less than a half hour.

So what you're saying is that you didn't have anything close to what the current experience is? Right.

nikos

Thinking about returning to the game. I stopped playing shortly after T6-T9 released.

Has much changed? Should I play again or wait a bit? Going to read some patch notes now.

EDIT: This is odd. I updated and was able to log in without a subscription. I'm playing right now for free.

Tabris

You need to figure out when PSN maintenance is tomorrow and plan for it so we can avoid any mishaps in getting our weekly clears. As long as you are logged in when PSN goes down, it'll keep you logged in.

PSN maintenance is planned for 9am to 5pm PST. Issue is Korra doesn't get off work until 9pm otherwise we can do it earlier to ensure there isn't an issue missing weekly clears.

And can't do tonight since Skoje isn't home yet.

Tabris

You need to be subscribed and logged into PSN to get into the game. Once in the game, doesn't matter after that (except for share options of course).

So once I get in, I may just AFK.

Jeels

You need to be subscribed and logged into PSN to get into the game. Once in the game, doesn't matter after that (except for share options of course).

So once I get in, I may just AFK.

Will the game still boot you after several hours of being AFK?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Purging of my stuff I held onto for so long has paid off a little...

Made roughly 60,000 seals
mK0GRThl.jpg

BLeX5bAl.jpg

Up to 30.7mil, pic a little old, should finish off with 31.5-32 million gil when all said and done
FuJbUjil.jpg

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Okay, I need some help from the crafters out there. I currently have WVR, CUL, LTW and CRP leveled to 50. I have BTN and FSH leveled as well. None of them fully melded. I am currently leveling the rest via Ixal quests, GC daily turn ins and grinding. Leveling mining as well. Sadly, I have to grind these as I have very few leves.

Now... I'm a little out of sorts. I don't have very much gil (600k or so, I can level the rest of the crafts off that) and I know there are i70 accessories out there which would nuke my pocket book should I try for them. Should I roll with the lower level accessories for now until I can either come up with the mats to have someone make these (would need a set for crafters, MIN/BTN and one for FSH since they are unique)? Should I focus on melding my current 50 crafts now? Should I wait until I have them all up to 50 then process melding one by one?

I'm a little bit overwhelmed and looking for a bit of focus to put me back on track. Thoughts?

Okay, I need some help from the crafters out there. I currently have WVR, CUL, LTW and CRP leveled to 50. I have BTN and FSH leveled as well. None of them fully melded. I am currently leveling the rest via Ixal quests, GC daily turn ins and grinding. Leveling mining as well. Sadly, I have to grind these as I have very few leves.

Now... I'm a little out of sorts. I don't have very much gil (600k or so, I can level the rest of the crafts off that) and I know there are i70 accessories out there which would nuke my pocket book should I try for them. Should I roll with the lower level accessories for now until I can either come up with the mats to have someone make these (would need a set for crafters, MIN/BTN and one for FSH since they are unique)? Should I focus on melding my current 50 crafts now? Should I wait until I have them all up to 50 then process melding one by one?

I'm a little bit overwhelmed and looking for a bit of focus to put me back on track. Thoughts?

Melding more than one crfater is pointless unless you are rich as all hell. The process to get to master level can be grueling and expensive. You NEED those tools in order to make the three star stuff and the profit potential isn't really appealing anyway since the mats are so expensive and the buyers few.

You are better off melding the class you like most and try to go master level. The melded ACC's will help all the classes as will the glasses you will get on the journey to master level.

For the classes you wont go master with, Get the HQ class gear and leave it at that. Don't bother melding.

If you need any help, I can make the clothes for you. I am davos wynter in game if your in ultros.

The i55 gear will indeed kill your wallet so just wait on those.

The Chocobo coloring thing is pretty obtuse design so far, but I think I am on the right track.

First I just fed him about 10 Doman Plums which resulted in Sylph Green.
After that, I fed him about 7 O'Ghomoro Berries which gave me Celeste Green.

Last night I fed him about 7 more O'Ghomoro Berries and am looking forward to the results when I get home.

Starting to think it might be best to restart and follow someone else's feeding guide to get Abyssal Blue. At this point I would take any non light blue color though.

Kenai

Not much point in going after master in any craft without all of them leveled to 50. Every single one of them offers cross class skills that are essential if you want to HQ with any reliability, which you will need to do to make the untradeable items for your crafter of choice's artisan stuff.

However, as you've realized, leveling them without leves is super duper slow. So I would actually take it easy and use your current gatherers to make you some money, or join spiribonding parties (or both) to earn the materia you need for the crafters/gatherers you want. Things like Ore on miner and random botanist things can add up to some nice gil over time and are always there to gather. Once you can go after one star nodes, there's clusters, Dzemhel (sp?) tomatoes, Gold Ore, volcanic rock salt, and so on, all of which will earn can earn 100k+ a day easily from gathering them a few times a day. You'll get into a routine and start to see what does and doesn't sell and maybe even find your own things you prefer to gather as well.

You can do all this while waiting for your leves to build back up. Using leves while gathering your own mats for the items will actually make it so you lose nothing leveling them and maybe even make some money. Mastercrafts are a whole nother beast, but I'd hold off on those til you're fully prepared with all 50 crafts or it WILL break your bank. GL.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Melding more than one crfater is pointless unless you are rich as all hell. The process to get to master level can be grueling and expensive. You NEED those tools in order to make the three star stuff and the profit potential isn't really appealing anyway since the mats are so expensive and the buyers few.

You are better off melding the class you like most and try to go master level. The melded ACC's will help all the classes as will the glasses you will get on the journey to master level.

For the classes you wont go master with, Get the HQ class gear and leave it at that. Don't bother melding.

If you need any help, I can make the clothes for you. I am davos wynter in game if your in ultros.

The i55 gear will indeed kill your wallet so just wait on those.

Not much point in going after master in any craft without all of them leveled to 50. Every single one of them offers cross class skills that are essential if you want to HQ with any reliability, which you will need to do to make the untradeable items for your crafter of choice's artisan stuff.

However, as you've realized, leveling them without leves is super duper slow. So I would actually take it easy and use your current gatherers to make you some money, or join spiribonding parties (or both) to earn the materia you need for the crafters/gatherers you want. Things like Ore on miner and random botanist things can add up to some nice gil over time and are always there to gather. Once you can go after one star nodes, there's clusters, Dzemhel (sp?) tomatoes, Gold Ore, volcanic rock salt, and so on, all of which will earn can earn 100k+ a day easily from gathering them a few times a day. You'll get into a routine and start to see what does and doesn't sell and maybe even find your own things you prefer to gather as well.

You can do all this while waiting for your leves to build back up. Using leves while gathering your own mats for the items will actually make it so you lose nothing leveling them and maybe even make some money. Mastercrafts are a whole nother beast, but I'd hold off on those til you're fully prepared with all 50 crafts or it WILL break your bank. GL.

You know, I think I can take a lot from both of the advice given here. I make the mistake of overwhelming myself in thought sometimes and forget that there is nothing I can do about the leves but wait. I should use the resources I do have to help me out in the meantime as well. I have a ton of materials left over from leveling the crafts I do have at 50 and I can use BTN to gather goodies as well. Perhaps I'll use the leves to level mining up to 50 so I can more easily gather materials for the remaining crafts left over as well.

Plus, there are always Animus books to keep me busy too.

I just get a bit jealous of everyone sometimes. =P

Frumix

Suffering From Success
a9c65748e040a24996f546ee3e31f5469816dc6c.png

Does not exist. Diabolos ate it and pissed filtered water all over.
I swear if it actually ever drops I'm gonna vanity into a midlander and change my name to Yandere Healer.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Been working on Amaljaa and Ixal rep quests recently...this is going to be a long road...

CLBridges

PSN disconnected me last night in the middle of a dungeon. At the time, I didn't know it was a PSN outage and the FFXIV client wouldn't load back up. Thinking it was an error with the client, I deleted it only to find out a little later it was PSN.

I'm back online now and have to download the full game (12gb) and in-client stuff (patches) again, going on 2 hours lol.

The takeaway from this post is, don't always rush to take action when a game crashes, always wait and gather more information lol. So glad I still have free log-in until 9/1, so much time wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom