• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLCKATK

Elezen are pretty much what Elvaans would look like in HD though.

t8CGLcD.png

That HD goodness.

Truly the master race.

Is doing stuff like CM and Prae story common for the "Operation Help" that happens on Fridays? I have heard enough horror stories on the official forums that makes me totally not want to DF it my first time. I'd pretty much be willing to hours or even days just to experience it in a satisfying way vs a first time being speed-runned through skipping it all. I am only LV 30 GLD and am about to unlock PLD so that won't be for a while, but those 2 dungeons are two things I have heard awesome stuff about where it concerns atmosphere and lore.

Just jumped back into the game yesterday (Tio Garloz) after trying to get back into FF XI to no avail since the population is really low and feels kinda lonely. GAF FC seems really friendly, and even though I don't know anyone well yet it is nice to read how peoples days are going and have someone to talk to. Seems like a classy bunch just like this forum.

iammeiam

Is doing stuff like CM and Prae story common for the "Operation Help" that happens on Fridays?

You can probably get a GAF run of those on most days; people are generally willing to usher newbies through. Also PF works for those--the server as a whole is pretty cool and you can probably find randoms who are willing to wait through cutscenes. So you shouldn't have to wait days for a run.

Seems like a classy bunch just like this forum.

Are you sure you're in the GAF FC?

You can probably get a GAF run of those on most days; people are generally willing to usher newbies through. Also PF works for those--the server as a whole is pretty cool and you can probably find randoms who are willing to wait through cutscenes. So you shouldn't have to wait days for a run.

Are you sure you're in the GAF FC?

Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better. Glad I am on Ultros as things seem to be booming here population-wise (lots of new players from all the green sprouts I am seeing on characters heads). Good to hear there are a lot of helpful folks out there.

For reference I kinda had a few bad DF experiences which in turn made me read up on other people's bad experiences. It made me focus on the bad, when in reality that wasn't representative of the community as a whole.

About the FC. People seem nice so far. But I am sure the more time I spend here I will start to notice quirks for better or worse. :)

Some of you people just...I gotta agree to disagree I guess.

Based Tanaka? Prae is badly designed? Mithra? Bwuuuuuuh.

Yeah, XIV has its set of flaws, but not any of the above mentioned.

Robin64

Can I just hide a quest from the right hand side of my screen without abandoning it? I can see I can prioritise quests but can't see how to hide them.

Kandinsky

They...are pretty much the same. But worse. Everyone is Hume. Mid sized Humes. Big Humes. Galka-like Humes. Cat Humes. Taru Humes. And Elvaan who are pretty much unchanged.

They work, but they all now look the same. Which is a shame. The Eorzea races are downgrades overall.

Preach it bro, I wish my Lala looked as cool as my Taru did D:

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I'm running into some real threat issues running High Level with people like 40-50 item levels below me. Looks like it's time to dust off that AF.

Robin64

Huh. Just found a quest, level 1, in the middle of nowhere. "The Greatest Story Never Told" it's called. Talks about how I'll get no guidance on it. Seems interesting!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That was released as a part of 2.3, a questline entirely without markers.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I disagree on the XI races. Mithras actually resemble felines.

Even the lone Male Mithra looks way more feline.

Don't even get started on the attack animations, which clearly have Mithras more feral than the cut and paste Mi'qote. Mi'qote are basically cosplaying Humes. Which I bet was designed just for that purpose.

There are pretty big differences in almost every way for the Cats, Galka/Roegadyn and Taru/Lalas and XIV is a step back in almost every way. They're all Humes. =P Elezen are pretty much what Elvaans would look like in HD though.
They can look feline in ffxiv if you use the right settings. I kept the face markings from my FFXI character and think she looks feline enough. I was glad to be rid of the dark nose though. I also went with more normal looking hair. Had the wild hair in f fxi and grew tired of it because almost everyone had the same hair.

Haly

"This Paladin's gear is a bit shaky. I know what will help."

*FIRE III* *FLARE* *CONVERT* *FLARE* *MEGA-ETHER* *FLARE* *TRANSPOSE* *FIRE III* *FLARE*

aceface

Is doing stuff like CM and Prae story common for the "Operation Help" that happens on Fridays? I have heard enough horror stories on the official forums that makes me totally not want to DF it my first time. I'd pretty much be willing to hours or even days just to experience it in a satisfying way vs a first time being speed-runned through skipping it all. I am only LV 30 GLD and am about to unlock PLD so that won't be for a while, but those 2 dungeons are two things I have heard awesome stuff about where it concerns atmosphere and lore.

Just jumped back into the game yesterday (Tio Garloz) after trying to get back into FF XI to no avail since the population is really low and feels kinda lonely. GAF FC seems really friendly, and even though I don't know anyone well yet it is nice to read how peoples days are going and have someone to talk to. Seems like a classy bunch just like this forum.

I'd certainly like to do it on Fridays, prae in particular is really fun. Bonus if I get to watch the cutscenes again. But yeah as Angary was saying if you ask around enough you'd probably be able to get enough people from GAF on other nights too.

*FIRE III* *FLARE* *CONVERT* *FLARE* *MEGA-ETHER* *FLARE* *TRANSPOSE* *FIRE III* *FLARE*

Pfft, I had a tank with better gear than me anyways and I still ripped hate off him with two measly Flares. And I gave him time to ramp up hate too!

iammeiam

I'd certainly like to do it on Fridays, prae in particular is really fun. Bonus if I get to watch the cutscenes again. But yeah as Angary was saying if you ask around enough you'd probably be able to get enough people from GAF on other nights too.

Certainly not trying to scare him off help night, it's mostly that I can't remember how much story you have to get through between Castrum and Prae and I'd hate to see the guy stuck in limbo between the two for a week.

Robin64

Certainly not trying to scare him off help night, it's mostly that I can't remember how much story you have to get through between Castrum and Prae and I'd hate to see the guy stuck in limbo between the two for a week.

It's about 15 mins between the two. You finish Castrum, then motivate some soldiers and give them food, then it's on to Cid's airship for Prae.

studyguy

PLD CAN'T LOSE HATE IF THE MOB IS DEAD.
Or... Or! No one can lose hate if the entire party is dead

Haly

"Maybe if we wipe quick enough, no one will notice I fucked up the aggro tables."

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
What are some of the better crafting ingredients to buy from GCs with seals and then sell on the MB? I've been mostly focusing on Coke, but want to expand into other areas. Peacock Ore sells for a decent amount but it doesn't seem to move fast. Are Pinprick Pebbles on there? I can't remember. Don't really see the point in selling Cooking Sherry since the price cratered and it's quite easy to acquire. Coke so far has the best balance of price and speed of sale from what I can see, but still I'm curious if there are any other ingredients I may want to consider grabbing from my GC.

You just have to keep an eye on the market board and see what sells. That's always gonna be the case.

Pinprick Pebbles are a drop from Wanderer's Palace and I believe they can be awarded with levequests in Mor Dhona as well.

What are some of the better crafting ingredients to buy from GCs with seals and then sell on the MB? I've been mostly focusing on Coke, but want to expand into other areas. Peacock Ore sells for a decent amount but it doesn't seem to move fast. Are Pinprick Pebbles on there? I can't remember. Don't really see the point in selling Cooking Sherry since the price cratered and it's quite easy to acquire. Coke so far has the best balance of price and speed of sale from what I can see, but still I'm curious if there are any other ingredients I may want to consider grabbing from my GC.

Ahh you missed my grand purchase of 36 for my GSM book. I bought them a 7,000 from someone selling a bundle, I don't even want to look at what they go for now. I also have 45 Potash, because I thought that's what GSM needed for the books by mistake and thus I remain broke :(.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I guess I'll keep an eye on the board. Sorta want to get a better idea of how the market functions so I can take advantage of it, especially when something gets hit by undercutting all of a sudden. Noticed that with Coke on Ultros where prices were approaching 5k each. Blew close to 300k buying out all of the undercutters, then re-listing at close to 10k. As of this morning, the Coke market on Ultros was back around 10-10.5 each, after hovering around 8k and below for weeks. Made a little over 100k in the process, so all-in-all I was quite happy.

Now I just need to watch other areas. Consumables seem pretty consistent, but I may take a gander at cooking and alchemy ingredient price behavior. Right now it's mostly fact finding while I watch the Ultros market do its thing and amass capital, then, hopefully, I can really start to make things happen on the MB.

Do many people really bother to play the market in FFXIV?

Ahh you missed my grand purchase of 36 for my GSM book. I bought them a 7,000 from someone selling a bundle, I don't even want to look at what they go for now. I also have 45 Potash, because I thought that's what GSM needed for the books by mistake and thus I remain broke :(.

T_T

Axl

Transmuted five useless materia IVs into an even more useless vitality materia III. What did I do to deserve this.

Redx508

Group Name: Mighty Ducks
Job/Role Openings: Monk/Dragoon/Black Mage/Summoner
Number of current members (x/8): 6/8
Timezone and preferred raid times: 7pm EST M/W/F
Furthest Turn on farm or current progression: T8 Progression, working on clean T7 clears.
Who to contact on GAF for further information: Grimm Grandiron or Ari Isacaguchi
you can pm me also

Isaccard

Group Name: Mighty Ducks
Job/Role Openings: Monk/Dragoon/Black Mage/Summoner
Number of current members (x/8): 6/8
Timezone and preferred raid times: 7pm EST M/W/F
Furthest Turn on farm or current progression: T8 Progression, working on clean T7 clears.
Who to contact on GAF for further information: Grimm Grandiron or Ari Isacaguchi
you can pm me also

call it 5/8, just incase

iammeiam

Came home to a Chocobo that decided to turn Dalamud Red instead of Regal Purple (Y U DO DIS GRIMACE?!?!?), and then this bullshit happened:

14 freaking berries for ONE proc.

Fully expecting to have Rolanberry Red next and have to cram a few trees worth of plums down his stupid throat.

Chocobo coloring more challenging than Levi EX confirmed.

What would you like for that potash sir. (If your in ultros)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom