• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

Well I've never done Ramuh ex either so we can all carry each other. And I think mumble is helpful mainly so the tanks can say when they picked up their orbs so the party can clear out the rest. Someone who's done it can correct me if I'm wrong though.

It's been awhile, but in the last half orb pick-up becomes more complex, as two people get chained together, and one of them needs to grab three to become unchained. I, forget the exact method that was used to deal with that last time I was in there. I think possibly the party just waited until there were enough orbs to go around, or something. <_<;;

Frumix

Suffering From Success
First set goes to tank.
Second set goes to party.
In the last phase the party set is picked up by the tethered person.
Set up priority system 1-2-3-4-5.
Lowest number breaks out charmed, highest number breaks the tethers.
Order should be casters -> ranged -> melee -> healers.
This way healers and casters should move as little as possible.
If your bard is bored enough to bait chaotic strikes, swap melee and ranged I guess?

iammeiam

Crunchberry chart updated again, and at this point adding "JOHN FUCKING MADDEN" would be pretty fitting, and prevailing wisdom indicates all messages after the first "grows new feathers!" per feeding are not indicative of anything. Soooo I'm probably going to have a pumpkin Chocobo when I get home.

Well I've never done Ramuh ex either so we can all carry each other. And I think mumble is helpful mainly so the tanks can say when they picked up their orbs so the party can clear out the rest. Someone who's done it can correct me if I'm wrong though.

A few of the strategies mentioned that the furthest person away from Ramuh will always be picked for Chaotic Strike, and that having a ranged person baiting strikes is good because it means you'll never end up with double-healer-strike.

Sounds like an excellent excuse for me to do nothing half the fight!

Wilsongt

Crunchberry chart updated again, and at this point adding "JOHN FUCKING MADDEN" would be pretty fitting, and prevailing wisdom indicates all messages after the first "grows new feathers!" per feeding are not indicative of anything. Soooo I'm probably going to have a pumpkin Chocobo when I get home.

A few of the strategies mentioned that the furthest person away from Ramuh will always be picked for Chaotic Strike, and that having a ranged person baiting strikes is good because it means you'll never end up with double-healer-strike.

Sounds like an excellent excuse for me to do nothing half the fight!

Fuck yo chocobo feathers.

Edit: I ended up turning my chocobo Honey yellow because that was all of teh food I could afford.

Time to go the other direction and get Lavender blue!

studyguy

New SMN in our coil group. We're go.
Well... a previous tank, turned healer, turned SMN.
You make due with what you got

He no longer finds kicking the Renaud sandcastle fun any longer now that he's responsible for it.

While I haven't gotten a Ramuh EX clear yet, the strategy we have been using is probably the best one for a standard party makeup. Use the A B C way markers in a triangle around Ramuh and rotate the group around them during the add phase. Bard always baits one of the target icons by being at the edge of the arena. Use limit break on the second to last add.

Buttons

Thread needs screenshots again!

fishingtsubuttonsqus0r.jpg

WolvenOne

Honestly, if I wanted the gear more, Ramah would probably be just as ho hum as Leviathan or Garuda by now. In my admittedly limited experience, having just a few people knowing the fight, makes it vastly easier, even for newcomers.

They should have made the rings 110 or something. People would be farming that fight like crazy if that was the case.

Honestly, if I wanted the gear more, Ramah would probably be just as ho hum as Leviathan or Garuda by now. In my admittedly limited experience, having just a few people knowing the fight, makes it vastly easier, even for newcomers.

They should have made the rings 110 or something. People would be farming that fight like crazy if that was the case.

People farm it anyways, just keep it to FC runs mainly.

iammeiam

Am I crazy for thinking the Ramuh bard ring is actually really good? My understanding of stat weights makes it seem preferable to the unweathered sold ring if you don't need the accuracy.

I'm pretty sure we had cured you of this...

Eldren

Argh I'm so mad. The other day I saw some guy wearing Scylla's culottes of casting and I thought they looked like a cool pair of shorts, plus they're better than the sorcerer's tonbans I had, so I decided to get a pair. I've been grinding Syrcus Tower almost non-stop for the last two days and tonight they finally dropped (after seeing about a dozen DRG helms in a row).

I equipped them, excited to see how they look with the rest of my character's gear, and it turns out that despite what they look like in the icon, they're not actually shorts at all. For female characters, they're basically underwear with a pair of leg straps. God damn it, I'm so annoyed. They look ridiculous! Why make them so different from the male version? Now I feel like one of those catgirls you always see running around in their underwear :(

Ken

Argh I'm so mad. The other day I saw some guy wearing Scylla's culottes of casting and I thought they looked like a cool pair of shorts, plus they're better than the sorcerer's tonbans I had, so I decided to get a pair. I've been grinding Syrcus Tower almost non-stop for the last two days and tonight they finally dropped (after seeing about a dozen DRG helms in a row).

I equipped them, excited to see how they look with the rest of my character's gear, and it turns out that despite what they look like in the icon, they're not actually shorts at all. For female characters, they're basically underwear with a pair of leg straps. God damn it, I'm so annoyed. They look ridiculous! Why make them so different from the male version? Now I feel like one of those catgirls you always see running around in their underwear :(

it says culottes right in the name

studyguy

We can't get a solid schedule going. Looks like we get no runs this week.
Really puts a damper on my enjoyment of the game now. It's a weekly problem.

Like the healer panties, they are only meant to be worn with the ST casting dress.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Updated flowchart of Totally Hasn't Helped Me Yet:

WNH3nFv.jpg

The semi-dead end paths are good to know to prevent waste, I guess.

I'd probably be fine with RNG if results were instant, or with waiting if I could be secure in the outcome, but piling on both and locking the whole thing behind gardening is just... Ugh. And yet, I'm hooked. Grimace must be purple!

I had a bone white Chocobo and followed this chart and got my Snow White bird.

Ken

Nope

How do I set up one?

Fake edit: So the one-time password involves paying $11(once) and then everytime I boot the game input the regular pass+the w'e number the soft token gives me?, is that correct?

You can just download the OTP app on a compatible mobile phone device for free.

Info here: http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/otp/

On Excal unfortunately and we're 7/8 too.

What are you missing? Er, PM me so we stop cluttering the thread lol.

HowZatOZ

Banned
So I've decided to jump back into this game thanks to discovering a random unused copy of the original FFXIV, and I'm having some trouble figuring out what class to go first.

My main problem I had with FFXIV: ARR was the rather slow GCD, putting me off actually playing the game because it was just far too slow. I'm really eager to tank as when I played on the launch of both the 1.0 and 2.0 I went with healers, making it quite a slow and painful experience.

At the this time I'm looking at Gladiator or Lancer, which of these has the "faster" skillset that won't bore me to tears?

Ken

So I've decided to jump back into this game thanks to discovering a random unused copy of the original FFXIV, and I'm having some trouble figuring out what class to go first.

My main problem I had with FFXIV: ARR was the rather slow GCD, putting me off actually playing the game because it was just far too slow. I'm really eager to tank as when I played on the launch of both the 1.0 and 2.0 I went with healers, making it quite a slow and painful experience.

At the this time I'm looking at Gladiator or Lancer, which of these has the "faster" skillset that won't bore me to tears?

Lancers/Dragoons have a "faster" skillset than GLD/PLD because they have more abilities to fit in between GCDs. Outside of I think two offensive abilities, Paladins usually wait around for the next GCD most of the time (sans defensive CDs). The overall DRG rotation is kind of static and strict though so it might be boring. Monks have lower GCD timers because of Greased Lightning and slightly more flexible rotations so that might be more interesting to you?

Alex

FFXIV Paladins (the advanced job that stems from the Gladiator class) are possibly the most boring class in the entire genre right now, I have issues with a fair bit of XIV's class design but Paladin specifically is just the most simplistic thing out there since at least TBC's Beastmastery Hunter. For your tastes and the issues with a sluggish GCD, you might want to consider Monk (Pugilist), actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom