• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezn0r

More or less. I'm sure some people still run high level roulette to get into dungeons, but if you're a dps (especially a ranged dps) those queue times may be... uhh... substantial.

I'm playing catch-up and my geared up 50s are all DPS.... it's like 25m lately :(

aceface

Help night tonight on Ultros, starting 9pm eastern. Will we get clears? Will my computer make it through a whole night without crashing? Find out all this and more.

Zalasta

Not everyone can afford the demimateria for the supra.

Nevermind, even if you can afford the demimateria (or can desynthesize them yourself), it's probably too hard to craft the 3-star item needed for the supra w/o the artisan tool. I guess it's unavoidable :(

scy

More or less. I'm sure some people still run high level roulette to get into dungeons, but if you're a dps (especially a ranged dps) those queue times may be... uhh... substantial.

Thankfully, PLD and SCH so queues won't be so bad. Though learning to tank dungeons nobody wants to be in ... that could be entertaining.

WolvenOne

Hope the books get nerfed a bit in the next major patch. I honestly don't think they're a bit deal, buuuuut, I would just assume slowly start creating Animus/Novus weapons for each of my secondary classes, if only for vanity purposes, and right now even getting to Novus on another class sounds like more effort than it's worth.

I'd be happy with them just getting rid of the Fates, reducing or removing the mobs would be a bonus.

Also: I still run dungeons, sometimes even when I don't need Myth or Soldiery. As a Tank I get in almost immediately, so for me they're a quick lil change of pace for twenty or so minutes.

WolvenOne

i am the 1%

what level is your tank? i need a dungeon buddy for my level 27 THM

Note to self : I need to get back to leveling my alt, seeing as Tanks are in huge demand for lower level dungeons.

.... Everything takes so much longer without mounts though. D:

scy

i am the 1%

what level is your tank? i need a dungeon buddy for my level 27 THM

~40, though I don't mind tanking whatever just for the sake of practice. Doing the main quest + side quests means I've run most the dungeons like ... once as a Tank. And some not even at all.

Kenai

Plus you need like 391 craft and some crazy control number for the turn ins that are very hard to achieve without the artisan tools. I think the FC buff is even required, even with insane melds.

It's not super hard to the point where you need the FC buff, but you'll probably want CP food, you'll have to meet the cap for making the items (391 craftsmanship and 374 control) and yea that's nearly impossible without the artisans mainhand and hitting the melding caps on the majority of your gear, which means either several craft/control 4s or some quad/penta melds.

And then if you don't want to spend money on the demateria (and who does? fieldcraft 3s hover between 4-500k and you need 10 per weapon, plus mastercraft too) and make it yourself, getting high enough to get level 3s requires a certain level of desynthing on certain classes and then is still RNG on "breaking" 2-3 star items and hoping for what you want, which is a whole nother beast.

It's a grind, definitely.

Edit: actually on ultros fieldcraft 3s are up to 581k. weee

Ugh on those Supra tools, I will try to get the Artisan tools if the spirit moves me but they really cranked that grind up.

Probably small fry to whatever XI had

WolvenOne

Crafting in FFXIV is, interesting, but indeed it's of limited use in endgame. Hopefully eventually the devs will grow a bit more of a back bone in this respect and work it in a bit more tightly.

I can understand why they haven't, after all, competent craters are kinda a minority. However, so long as existing crafters can cover non craters, it shouldn't be that much of an issue. After all, the crafting requirement for the Relic Quest hardly prevented non crafters from getting thier Relics.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Can you guys recommend good guides for getting a handle on crafting HQ items? Still in the leveling process now on the push to get CUL to 37 but want to have a decent understanding of how to go about making the best of cross class skills and the like to consistently make things HQ.

Can you guys recommend good guides for getting a handle on crafting HQ items? Still in the leveling process now on the push to get CUL to 37 but want to have a decent understanding of how to go about making the best of cross class skills and the like to consistently make things HQ.

Steady hand 2 and hasty touch will take you miles. Its comobed with inner quiet.

Basically get all classes to 15. Try to do weaver next as careful synth 2 will make your life so much less stressful when you no longer fail a progress at 10 durability.

After that, leather worker to 50 to get brygot.

After that, you will slowly start filling in your cross classes as you level. Below 25, when you only have 4 or so skills, it will be tough to HQ. You prioritize steady hand 2 and hasty touch. Then brygot. Then manipulation. Then trick of the trade. Then careful synth 2. After that, with at least the main ingredient being HQ, you should be HQing regularly.

Some of those i90 crafted stuff is viable for endgame, like those casting gloves. Especially since you can meld accuracy materia onto them which helps for poor SMN's who have awful luck with Coil drops.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Steady hand 2 and hasty touch will take you miles. Its comobed with inner quiet.

Basically get all classes to 15. Try to do weaver next as careful synth 2 will make your life so much less stressful when you no longer fail a progress at 10 durability.

After that, leather worker to 50 to get brygot.

After that, you will slowly start filling in your cross classes as you level. Below 25, when you only have 4 or so skills, it will be tough to HQ. You prioritize steady hand 2 and hasty touch. Then brygot. Then manipulation. Then trick of the trade. Then careful synth 2. After that, with at least the main ingredient being HQ, you should be HQing regularly.

Carpenter to 50 for Byregot's. Leatherworker gives you Waste Not.

Thanks for the help. I'll start working on those. The hands-on nature of crafting in this game is really enjoyable, so I want to dive into it more.

Alright so I've been playing this week since the game's on free login and I'm resubbing at the end. Have a few questions though:
Not liking my old server anymore since friends don't play so I'm going to be transferring.

Can anyone confirm that you can transfer several characters with one transfer? I have too much gold to transfer on one char so I'm thinking of making mules to carry the gold, 8 chars should be enough. Though I might just buy a bunch of materias, the prices don't seem as high on my server as on other servers.

If I transfer to Ultros, is there still room in the FC? I checked yesterday and there were 400+ members, not sure what's the cap or if there is a cap. Also on that same note, is there like some rule where only members can become part of the FC, seeing as how I'm still Junior Member. Don't see any mention of this in the OT so wouldn't think it's an issue but might as well ask first.

Kenai

At least crafting was actually useful and integrated into endgame in XI.

Crafting now has its problems but I'd take it any day of the week over XI's. That was some STRAIGHT bullsh*t after about level 30. Random chance for your items to straight up explode, random chance at level gains, selecting every item for you recipe from memory out of your inventory one by one every time you wanted to make something, stuff you needed to level on bottlenecked by HNM or BCNM drops...

It was usually useful to make it, but that's because it was either that or you were in an HNM LS that could at least do sky, or a static for Assault or Dynamis or something. Gear in that game was so slow to acquire or upgrade, some things like the Elemental HQ staves would last you for expansions of content. I'm not sure that was a good thing.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
It appears that i90 right-side with some obnoxious melds seem if not quintessential then at least very very helpful to even surviving Savage Coil.
Want to put extra ~1.2k HP on your healer or dragoon? No problem.
And I think people were using some i70 crafted stuff when Binding Coil was the shit?
So yeah, crafting is not completely useless. Just a little.

Of course they'll probably become outdated in 2 months as usual, which considering their cost is quite evil.

Wookieomg

Hey guys, I'm filling out the application to join the GAF FC and part of the app on guildworks asks for 'Character', then 'Character Name'... I don't understand the difference. Can someone enlighten me as to the difference? :x

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Wow, some seeds actually command a decent price on the MB. Was surprised what mandrake seeds go for on Ultros.

iammeiam

Night Mare so close I could taste it.

Tomorrow I'm unlocking the conjurer pity pony to make myself feel better.
It won't work.

It appears that i90 right-side with some obnoxious melds seem if not quintessential then at least very very helpful to even surviving Savage Coil.
Want to put extra ~1.2k HP on your healer or dragoon? No problem.
And I think people were using some i70 crafted stuff when Binding Coil was the shit?
So yeah, crafting is not completely useless. Just a little.

Of course they'll probably become outdated in 2 months as usual, which considering their cost is quite evil.

i used crafted i70 accessories up to T9. i switched when they introduced crafted i90.

chrono01

SNOW WHITE CHOCOBO OBTAINED!

iCMfKWKQdHhPP.jpg

I'm honestly surprised to see myself get it after a single-feeding. RNG usually hates me. -_-

If people want to know what I did:

I started off by feeding "Kweh" [default color] Doman Plum x15. Then, I fed Cieldalaes Pineapple x6 and finally Valfruit x12. If I remember correctly, I received the notification that new feathers were growing on the…third fruit. At that point, I just continued to feed until I had nothing left (poor Chocobo…), let it sit there for six hours, and returned. I was pleasantly surprised with the Snow White color.

There definitely does seem to be a lot of RNG to it, as there are many who did the exact same thing I did with varying results [seems to be of the three between Rose Pink, Bone White, and Snow White].

I wish you all luck in whatever color you decide. May the RNG Gods smiles upon you.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
SNOW WHITE CHOCOBO OBTAINED!

I'm honestly surprised to see myself get it after a single-feeding. RNG usually hates me. -_-

If people want to know what I did:

I started off by feeding "Kweh" [default color] Doman Plum x15. Then, I fed Cieldalaes Pineapple x6 and finally Valfruit x12. If I remember correctly, I received the notification that new feathers were growing on the…third fruit. At that point, I just continued to feed until I had nothing left (poor Chocobo…), let it sit there for six hours, and returned. I was pleasantly surprised with the Snow White color.

There definitely does seem to be a lot of RNG to it, as there are many who did the exact same thing I did with varying results [seems to be of the three between Rose Pink, Bone White, and Snow White].

I wish you all luck in whatever color you decide. May the RNG Gods smiles upon you.

Is it in fact RNG? If so, I guess I was lucky as hell to get the awesome blue that I did.

chrono01

Is it in fact RNG? If so, I guess I was lucky as hell to get the awesome blue that I did.
It seems so.

In-regards to Snow White, there have been cases of people feeding the exact same materials, in the same order, and yet receiving two different colored Chocobo.

I'm not sure if it's the same for all colors or not, but it at least seems to be accurate for Default --> Snow White.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom