• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Bluebirds go for 2 mil so I just made one myself.

dQCoocB.png

That was easy. I just stuffed the guy full of plumes.

Frazley

Found an Onion Helm code on eBay and just redeemed it. That makes ARR PS4 preorder items, ARR CE items, both soundtracks & their minions, and now an onion helm! Can't track down the Garlond Goggles or FFXIII Asuran Armguards and I don't have FFXI for the shoes. Heard those three items are hard to get.

Wasn't planning on buying the Onion Helm, but good price for a hard to find item.

EDIT: The Hermes' Shoes are no longer being given. Heard reports the Asuran Armguards code doesn't work anymore. The only possible item to maybe get is Garlond Goggles.

My search for special items ends for now unless I happen upon the goggles. I just randomly happened to see the Onion Helm when I decided to see what FFXIV stuff is for sale on eBay.

aceface

They are are sh*t compared to the relic though.

Say what? The i110 unweathered weapons have the same base stats as the highest level relics you can get. The secondary stats won't be as good since you can't choose them but they are certainly comperable to Novus and more than good enough for anything in the game right now.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
What seeds are worth gathering for gardening? Starting to be able to get them on botanist. Are there certain ones that are well suited for various chocobo foods? I'm guessing in terms of soil it's Thanalan top soil (grade 3) to go after primarily for cross breeding plants? Not sure how much I'd want to be using the others.

Ken

This is why we have soldiery weapons.

I don't know see how this is relevant. Functionally yes, they're a good substitute for Novus at the moment, but I have to assume most people going for the Novus are doing it for the long term nature of the weapon which the soldiery weapons don't have.

Valor

That thing used to be so amazing. :<
That was probably when you were galmouring that thing over the Tidal Wave bow. You should glamour regular Allagan over the HA just for fun.
Also it will stop making me jealous.

I don't know see how this is relevant. Functionally yes, they're a good substitute for Novus at the moment, but I have to assume most people going for the Novus are doing it for the long term nature of the weapon which the soldiery weapons don't have.
Problem is that most players are more into having a band aid than put in any sort of effort or work into something that doesn't have immediate results.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I haven't run Labyrinth of the Ancients since 2.3 dropped.
After tonight, I don't want to anymore.
It's worse than it was.

Taruranto

Novus is fun to do because it's a long term objective, but don't expect a weapon that is going to last long.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Oh damn. I wanted to get back to the game because of the free weekend, but it seems I forgot to write down my password when I changed it and I don't know the answer to whatever security question I put in.
I guess I'm out of luck then?

orion434

1 Oaknot = 2x Coke / Potash, etc. Until the next Tier comes you can still make 6 mats per day. Those prices are going to crash, that's equivalent to 15K GC Seals.

iammeiam

Given that every step in the relic chain starting around Atma has just been straight grind, it's not insensible to encourage people to check out the sold weapons if the Atma grind is damaging their enjoyment of the game. "Keep doing this shitty thing so you can do two more shitty things to end up with the second-best weapon for like a month before they introduce more shitty stuff to do to make it better." Is.. Eh. Unless post-Novus steps are less bad, the effort to return ratio on the relic is kind of jacked up for anyone trying to play catch up.

Best solution, IMO: sold weapon and then do relic when you have nothing else you'd rather do.

1 Oaknot = 2x Coke / Potash, etc. Until the next Tier comes you can still make 6 mats per day. Those prices are going to crash, that's equivalent to 15K GC Seals.

Yesss. Come to me, affordable i70 accessories.

aceface

It'll probably last longer than the soldiery weapon that gets advertised a lot here.

Yeah and next patch there will be another alternate weapon with the same ilevel as the highest level relic which you still won't have to do shitty atmas for.

aceface

And here we go missing the point of pursuing the Zodiac weapon again.

Sure yes, long term nature of the weapon, potential for growth etc. As long as they are going to keep introducing comparable alternate weapons (which they have up to this point) I see no reason why you should subject yourself to the worst content in the game.

And for the record I'm talking about atmas. I'd love to do books and Novus seems interesting.

Valor

Sure yes, long term nature of the weapon, potential for growth etc. As long as they are going to keep introducing comparable alternate weapons (which they have up to this point) I see no reason why you should subject yourself to the worst content in the game.

And for the record I'm talking about atmas. I'd love to do books and Novus seems interesting.

I hate to be "that guy" but I felt the books for animus were way worse than the atma grind. Atma is annoying since you can't control it, but animus is annoying because of the time it takes. Novus is annoying because of the money you need to spend or the amount of gear you'll need to spiritbind. Atma is the easiest step, in my opinion.

Ken

Like Taruranto said, people do Novus cause it's a long term objective. Whether or not there's a comparable alternate weapon is irrelevant.

Wilsongt

Diablo III is really eating into my FFXIV time... Though, I've been weary about logging in at night because I am getting so much lag it's not funny anymore... North Shroud is a bitch to navigate before Ixal quests, now it's even worse...

aceface

I hate to be "that guy" but I felt the books for animus were way worse than the atma grind. Atma is annoying since you can't control it, but animus is annoying because of the time it takes. Novus is annoying because of the money you need to spend or the amount of gear you'll need to spiritbind. Atma is the easiest step, in my opinion.

I'll take something I can chip away at slowly like the books over atma RNG hell any day. At least you can see your progress. I've been chipping away at the beast tribes since the quests were introduced, and I enjoy it even though I'm going slow (still have the Amaljaa to go). The problem for me is that after spending hours grinding fates without getting an atma, I feel like I've accomplished nothing. I spent a week doing fates for an hour or two a day in the same zone (North Shroud) and never got the atma. It felt like I was making no progress and that I was wasting time I could be spending doing other fun stuff in the game. So, I decided atmas weren't for me and gave up.

Like Taruranto said, people do Novus cause it's a long term objective. Whether or not there's a comparable alternate weapon is irrelevant.

Well, if the end result is a high level weapon, I don't think the presence of other comparable high level weapons is irrelevant. If atma was the only route to getting a better weapon in this game I probably would have unsubbed. Some people don't mind that grind but it's not for me.

Ken

Well, if the end result is a high level weapon, I don't think the presence of other comparable high level weapons is irrelevant. If atma was the only route to getting a better weapon in this game I probably would have unsubbed. Some people don't mind that grind but it's not for me.

I think it's more a "the journey is the prize" sort of deal.

xezuru

Hey GAF, been thinking of getting back into FF14 with Ninjas coming around at some point. I happened to quit the game because we had turn 5 on lock back when it was semi relevant and ran out of content...
and money.

Not too familiar with the GAF guilds, it's gonna take me a while to get back into things but are there people and places open in here for serious raid progression?

I just want to enjoy raid mechanics again without having to deal with 10 years of pug wandering for guilds lol

*I quit somewhere around when PVP was about to come out, I think.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/4149982/
https://imgur.com/JiWKu3W

WolvenOne

Hey GAF, been thinking of getting back into FF14 with Ninjas coming around at some point. I happened to quit the game because we had turn 5 on lock back when it was semi relevant and ran out of content...
and money.

Not too familiar with the GAF guilds, it's gonna take me a while to get back into things but are there people and places open in here for serious raid progression?

I just want to enjoy raid mechanics again without having to deal with 10 years of pug wandering for guilds lol

*I quit somewhere around when PVP was about to come out, I think.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/4149982/
https://imgur.com/JiWKu3W

Welp, if you come back, you'll have a looooot of content to catch up on.

Kinda hard to find Raid groups right now though, as most the established groups are busy gearing up for 3rd Coil, and don't want to waste time training up new players. You might be able to get in with a group that doesn't have T9 on farm yet though, it looks like a lot of those groups are either losing members or falling apart.

Still, you have a lot of new Primals and dungeons to keep you occupied for awhile, and it'll be a lot easier to get into groups once third Coil comes out in October.

With the increased myth output, the books aren't that bad. If some of those FATE's weren't on such a long timer and it didn't take horribly long to queue into dungeons, I would have burned through those books even faster. That was my main issue with the books.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I think the longest I waited for a FATE was an hour, and that was the few that I was the only one there on. Mostly, I found other people waiting at a FATE location and we partied up and each picked a different zone to watch, so we didn't miss them.

Ken

Are FATEs the quickest way to get company seals? Are company seals the quickest way to get ventures?

I think if you hit up the lowest level of GC leves and spam those for half an hour those would be faster for ranking up, especially if you're overleveled for them.

Lucael

And you can use them on secondary job, I got Novus for DRG (main) and PLD already and got Soldiery weapon for my WHM, since the Yagrush it's pretty good (DET+PIE).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom