• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

"To upgrade your Relic to maximum efficiency, level another Battle Class/Job to 50."

...I would never see the fully-activated Relic. Ever.

you all aren't seeing the big picture. The grind is part of the relic quest. Thus when personal housing comes out, gardening is gonna be used for the next step.

Start learning how to garden

I hate to be "that guy" but I felt the books for animus were way worse than the atma grind. Atma is annoying since you can't control it, but animus is annoying because of the time it takes. Novus is annoying because of the money you need to spend or the amount of gear you'll need to spiritbind. Atma is the easiest step, in my opinion.

After hunts, Animus became way better. The 1,500 Myth per book before hunts was literally hell on Eorzea grind.

After completing only one book a week ago, I basically stopped bothering with it completely. Maybe the Atma grind burned me out or something.

The real biggie for me is when the expansion comes out with a higher level cap, will that endgame bring back more Zodiac weapon upgrades ?
(which means I'll eventually have to complete it)

Or are we going to get relic 2.0 with its own set of new Zodiac quests ?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I imagine they'll go like FFXI and do relic alternatives. FFXI had Relic weapons, Mythic Weapons (the biggest pain in the ass of all time), and Empyrion weapons

IvorB

Say what? The i110 unweathered weapons have the same base stats as the highest level relics you can get. The secondary stats won't be as good since you can't choose them but they are certainly comperable to Novus and more than good enough for anything in the game right now.

I had a look at the sol weapons but they didn't look great to me. By secondary stats do you mean critical, spell speed, det etc? Because those matter to me. They're the reason I haven't got the leviatetin. I'm specced as a crit monster at the moment and it's working well for me. The elder staff looked okay though.

Anyway it's all good. I switched zones, went back to Thanalan and, bam, ATMA drops like it's nothing. I'm convinced the N Shroud drop rate is screwy. I got up to six ATMAs with no issues and progress was at a good rate. Then I got there and hit a brick wall. As soon as I leave there I get my seventh. Also being out of that sh*tty zone I'm enjoying it again since I actually like doing FATEs.

On the Atma thing, was wondering, do they still drop once you're done? Like if you wanna farm them by using the same class over and over, does that work or do you need to stay on the step for that? Can you farm more than one of each at that point?

On the Atma thing, was wondering, do they still drop once you're done? Like if you wanna farm them by using the same class over and over, does that work or do you need to stay on the step for that? Can you farm more than one of each at that point?

You can receive atma as long as you are equipped with a zenith weapon. So I guess technically once you've gotten all relics to atma level or higher then it's impossible to get more atmas.

tl;dr Collecting atma is not an active quest or anything. You receive them randomly by completing FATEs with a relic zenith equipped.

tl;dr tl;dr acquire atma using zenith

aceface

I had a look at the sol weapons but they didn't look great to me. By secondary stats do you mean critical, spell speed, det etc? Because those matter to me. They're the reason I haven't got the leviatetin. I'm specced as a crit monster at the moment and it's working well for me. The elder staff looked okay though.

Anyway it's all good. I switched zones, went back to Thanalan and, bam, ATMA drops like it's nothing. I'm convinced the N Shroud drop rate is screwy. I got up to six ATMAs with no issues and progress was at a good rate. Then I got there and hit a brick wall. As soon as I leave there I get my seventh. Also being out of that sh*tty zone I'm enjoying it again since I actually like doing FATEs.

Yeah I can feel you as a scholar looking for as much crit as possible but at the end of the day Magic Damage and Int are a whole lot more important than anything else as a BLM and the Leviatetin will get you through the content. On the other hand it won't be optimized so by all means do the atmas if you want to maximize that shit.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Don't believe Maelstrom propaganada: TA elite caster set actually looks... really nice!
8UIvGLl.png

Paprikka

You can receive atma as long as you are equipped with a zenith weapon. So I guess technically once you've gotten all relics to atma level or higher then it's impossible to get more atmas.

You can actually keep using the same class if you really want after getting an atma weapon, you just buy your base relic from the calamity salvager in Limsa then upgrade to zenith like before.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So last month I started with 20,000,000 gil, went on a purge of selling shit left and right
Cleaned out my retainers, every item that can be converted into gil
Now I sit pretty with 33,000,000 gil (Can't believe I had 13mil on my retainers!)

Now do I save it, sell account + gil, or retire (for the foreseeable future)?

Ken

So last month I started with 20,000,000 gil, went on a purge of selling shit left and right
Now I sit pretty with 33,000,000 gil (Can't believe I had 13mil on my retainers!)

i'll buy it for 10 dollars

Gimme all the gil

Pachinko

Man, you know I've been hearing for the entire year since this game launched how it turns a bit slow and grindy once you hit the mid 30's (coerthas mostly) and I'm totally seeing why.

I've done all the quests I can find up to the level 39 story quest that preceeds stone keep. I'm about halfway to level 39. I even went back and finished the guild leves I had nearby as well as completing about half my hunts for level 30-40.

I suppose I could just finish the hunts up to 38 and maybe just barely squeak up to level 39 but jeez, this game lead me to be over leveled pretty consistently until I hit 34, I was matched with the Titan requirement and I've been slowly lagging behind ever since.

I do have the level 38 dungeon to do still, I just wish I'd get luckier with drops, my equipment kind of sucks.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I never felt that the initial level-up process was grindy and going from creating a character to beating Praetorium took me exactly two weeks. But I took every opportunity I had to get more exp, from sidequests and doing every dungeon as soon as it's possible to an occasional FATE and such.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

Wow. That's pretty darn crazy.

Why not just "retire" for now and come back down the road? No need to just give it all up.

Man, I need to get off my butt and make some gil if I hope to get my crafting/gathering accessories. lol

WolvenOne

Was fun to see Bookey getting his Garuda pony. On a related subject, man I did not realize how rusty I was when it came to main tanking that fight, until recently. :p

I better get used to it, if I want a pony of my own Ruda's probably the fastest way, and I can't always be the one off tanking it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Wow. That's pretty darn crazy.

Why not just "retire" for now and come back down the road? No need to just give it all up.

All those days spending chasing those achievements awards came in handy
I sold roughly 2 99 stacks of potash, 50+ peacock ores, a fuck ton of coke and some animal fats
I was just stockpiling 'em for the future, but the market rose to the 15K per item, I had to go on a selling spree

Most of the gil generated from shards and crystals, that old pic of how much shard/crystals/clusters I had, netted me close to 5.5 million in gil alone

Still contemplating what to do, game got me frustrated for awhile which burned me out, which led to said semi-retirement

i'll buy it for 10 dollars

From other places I've checked, my accounts worth $350-$500

Gimme all the gil

Nope!

tl;dr Collecting atma is not an active quest or anything. You receive them randomly by completing FATEs with a relic zenith equipped.

tl;dr tl;dr acquire atma using zenith

You can actually keep using the same class if you really want after getting an atma weapon, you just buy your base relic from the calamity salvager in Limsa then upgrade to zenith like before.

Thanks that's what I wanted to know, if I ever start farming it'd be on my SCH just wasn't sure if I could like farm after progressing further or not. Having to pay a bunch of myth to get another zenith doesn't sound too bad and SCH is just really good at doing FATEs even with no one around that's why I was wondering.

Robin64

When I hit 50 I started on my relic weapon questline.

"Get this weapon that's better than the one you have and put a couple of Savage Aim III materia in it"

Yeah, I'll do other things in the meantime.

Grave Robber, I will give you $10 to delete your character live on stream (have to confirm all the gil is there too). Maybe we can get a kickstarter going and get everyone to chip in. You can read off messages from backers on the stream, and there could even be perks. Maybe a stretch goal of $350 and you can also stream the uninstallation and smashing of any physical merchandise related to FFXIV if you have any. It could be a lot of fun!

Polo67

Hey fellow gamers. I just moved to South Korea and I'm getting the Imfamous wv-3399-2 error when I try and boot up this game on ps4. Every other game seems to work just fine online. Is there a way I can fix this? I really want to jump back in. Thanks!

Isaccard

gimme some gil before you go

IvorB

Yeah I can feel you as a scholar looking for as much crit as possible but at the end of the day Magic Damage and Int are a whole lot more important than anything else as a BLM and the Leviatetin will get you through the content. On the other hand it won't be optimized so by all means do the atmas if you want to maximize that shit.

But you get more damage with crits :). Seriously I get A LOT of crits now, like three/four in a row sometimes. It's great. I'll see how it goes. I have a very low tolerance for unenjoyable grind but since I'm back to enjoying the FATEs now I'll keep going.

supergiz

FiOS is soooooo fast. And during the 4 hour "fun" installation process I got to know my landlord real good

Hopefully my bow or minion sold tonight when I get back on. Need those moneys!

Akira

Noob question: Can I create armor "sets" that I can instantly switch to? For example, a set of items that I like the look of or is strong for specific instances? I've seen people do this to change classes.

phierce

Noob question: Can I create armor "sets" that I can instantly switch to? For example, a set of items that I like the look of or is strong for specific instances? I've seen people do this to change classes.
Yes. Go to the character screen and click the icon above your weapon.

Just hit a pretty substantial crafting milestone:

DXkpBfP.jpg

My butt was clenched pretty hard.

The way the HQ icon drops onto the next line is pretty infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom