• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scholar branches off from a pet DPS class, has a pet that helps healing and either applies applies aoe regen or buffs skill/spell speed, and themselves are migitation-oriented. WHM in constrast is dedicated power healing and a bit more reactional.

Is SCH a difficult class to main heal as then? Kinda thought about starting out as an Arcanist.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Is SCH a difficult class to main heal as then? Kinda thought about starting out as an Arcanist.

I wouldn't say it's more difficult. In a lot of low level instances you can just let your fairy heal and keep being a DPS. At cap you get three instant heal-25%-of-the-bar buttons that ignore all debuffs every minute. But it's definitely a little more proactive and benefits more from knowledge of mechanics than a WHM would.

Teknoman

So I FINALLY got my first Atma after all this time. Crab Atma, when doing the recent Hildebrand episode, wandering into a fate and helping out some lower level guy finish it up.

chrono01

So 12am CST?
Yeah, 12:15AM CST to be exact.

Thankfully, it won't be quite that early for me, since I'm on MST, but it'll still be 11:15PM. However, my body [and mind] is ready.

BTW, since Reinhart got that position at Square-Enix he doesn't handle live translations anymore. :(

Teknoman

Yeah, 12:15AM CST to be exact.

Thankfully, it won't be quite that early for me, since I'm on MST, but it'll still be 11:15PM. However, my body [and mind] is ready.

BTW, since Reinhart got that position at Square-Enix he doesn't handle live translations anymore. :(

Oh wow, he actually got hired? I've been out of the loop for awhile, but good for him.

Cmagus

He did indeed.

I agree, congratulations go to him, although I definitely miss the live translations, Here's hoping someone else takes it upon themselves to take over.

I'm really surprised they don't use him for official live translations. They could give him a bit of info up front and better resources to let him do the exact same thing he did before and people would be just as happy.

chrono01

I'm really surprised they don't use him for official live translations. They could give him a bit of info up front and better resources to let him do the exact same thing he did before and people would be just as happy.
Yeah, it's a bit surprising.

When I read that he got an official position at S-E I thought that meant he would still continue doing his translations but actually get paid for it [and deservedly so]. However, for some reason or another, he's no longer able to do them, although I'm not sure if that's because S-E won't allow him to or he's busy doing other work.

chrono01

I think I'll stand and watch today's live letter in person and pretend to know what is being discussed. Fake it 'til I make it... though that strategy didn't work out so well on Type 0 HD demo.
If you do that you can scream "YOSHIIIIIIIDAAAAAAAAAAA!" in-person. That will be more than worth it.

Get hype, friends.
Seriously, listen to Kagari.

There seems to be a distinct lack of hype in this topic. We must get that Hype Airship moving!

Get hyped enough for 2.4 so everyone forgets all about those pesky housing decisions. Going to be amazing looking at the OF and seeing nothing but hype threads when it's been nothing but people blowing up over the past week lol.

Jayhawk

If you do that you can scream "YOSHIIIIIIIDAAAAAAAAAAA!" in-person. That will be more than worth it.

Seriously, listen to Kagari.

There seems to be a distinct lack of hype in this topic. We must get that Hype Airship moving!

Not enough yelling from crowds here. I can't be standing out by doing more than the light applause.

Jayhawk

I'm sure they want to do it, they're just waiting for a single, brave individual to start it.

Be that individual. I believe in you.

This individual is restricting his communications to phrases like 'gomen nasai', 'sumimasen', 'arigatou gozaimashita', 'ano BAGU wa doko desu ka?', 'wakarimasen', and 't-shirto onegaishimasu'.

Jayhawk

You need to add "Kawaii, desu ne?" to your vocabulary.

I just bow my head in shame after I take a few pictures of a booth babe. Hopefully, I remember to also upload pics on the Figure GAF thread when I'm back for stuff related to God Eater Burst and Kancolle.

chrono01

I just bow my head in shame after I take a few pictures of a booth babe. Hopefully, I remember to also upload pics on the Figure GAF thread when I'm back for stuff related to God Eater Burst and Kancolle.
Bowing always works.

I look forward to your pictures upon your return. :)

[However, it seems we have gotten slightly off-topic. Please, let us return to talk(s) of the excitement regarding the Patch 2.4 stream later this evening/morning, depending on where you are, and of the perfection Yoshida-san will bless us with.]

Jayhawk

Bowing always works.

I look forward to your pictures upon your return. :)

[However, it seems we have gotten slightly off-topic. Please, let us return to talk(s) of the excitement regarding the Patch 2.4 stream later this evening/morning, depending on where you are, and of the perfection Yoshida-san will bless us with.]

Ninja!!!!!!! New coil!!! New armor!!!!!!

iammeiam

I have achieved BiS fisher, so I think that's now my main. But it was so expensive I can't afford spinach quiche to go after frilled sharks yet. Just as soon as some more crap sells, though...

how long till live letter? from this post?

also will it be on twitch/finalfantasy whatever

Five hours forty-five minutes. And if it's like the census last night it's on niconico and then some random dude will restream it on twitch and post a reddit link.

I know everyone will be focusing on the 2.4 info in a few hours, but it's like a month till the Fan Fest, so going to re-ignite the conversation about meetups and who is going. So if you want to say if you're going to it (Vegas or London), we could maybe try to arrange something.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Get hyped enough for 2.4 so everyone forgets all about those pesky housing decisions. Going to be amazing looking at the OF and seeing nothing but hype threads when it's been nothing but people blowing up over the past week lol.

Maybe 2.4 will have things people won't like either lol.

WolvenOne

I know everyone will be focusing on the 2.4 info in a few hours, but it's like a month till the Fan Fest, so going to re-ignite the conversation about meetups and who is going. So if you want to say if you're going to it (Vegas or London), we could maybe try to arrange something.

I'll be arriving at the Vegas Fan Fest the day before, will be staying in a cheap motel near the airport that first night. I'll be staying at a hotel closer to the actual Fan Fest on Friday forward.

chrono01

I wonder what she was wearing underneath that robe :3
Probably this:

iT4rE7EtV80TT.gif

or this:

i3LKr1h0ot7qn.gif

Perhaps both.

vwluke

Neo Member
Hey guys quick question I just finished with my free trial and bought the game. I was wondering how Ultros is and if the GAF guild is active?

chrono01

Thank you :)
Not a problem.

Here's hoping for some exciting news! Honestly if they show the Shiva fight, as well as a bit of Third Coil, that will be all it takes to get me hyped. I'm not too interested in being a Ninja, since I know the class will be heavily overplayed and I'm happy enough being a BLM, but I'm still looking forward to learning more. They certainly have some impressive Fireball-no-Jutsu techniques.

Hey guys quick question I just finished with my free trial and bought the game. I was wondering how Ultros is and if the GAF guild is active?
Ultros is great because GAF is here, and we're heavily active.

Come on over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom