• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

God, I feel like such an idiot. I'd soulglazed my Curtana and done a fair bit of Light grinding, only to realize that I never glazed my shield. Such a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaste. >_<

iammeiam

The only thing I managed to accomplish today was fishing up an Oschon Roselle Capeline to sell.

...and I don't even really want anyone to buy it because I want to add it to my fabulous hat collection.

WolvenOne

Actually, I do have a bit of an issue with space management in my Armory Chest, mainly because WAR is one of the few classes where it makes sense to swap out gear for different circumstances.

Gonna main tank, and take a large amount of damage for a sustained period of time? Better stack on the parry gear. Mainly going to be assisting DPS, and picking up the occasional add? Well you're better off stacking gear with Determination and Crit then.

Edit: Also, Rings. You need twice as many rings as any other accessory, yet the amount of space to store these items is the same as any of the other accessories.

Edit edit: Also, unless I've totally lost track of things, Not a Euphemism only needs a healer at this point. If you or anyone you know on Ultros GAF can heal and is looking for a coil static, please consider leaving me a PM here, contacting me on Guildworks, or in game.

Yes I know, strictly speaking I probably shouldn't be doing recruiting here. <_<;;

dcye

I have a gear set for every class and very rarely have armoury problems except for rings. I don't know what you're doing with yours but you need to clean it up.

WolvenOne

I have a gear set for every class and very rarely have armoury problems except for rings. I don't know what you're doing with yours but you need to clean it up.

Well two sets of gear for my WAR, a set of gear for my DRG, plus I'm leveling several different classes right now. In addition to multiple sets of WAR gear, the shared gear is also frequently a source of frustration. Often it hasn't been fully Spirit Bound, and since it could be used on another class I tend to hold off on tossing it until I get into a spring cleaning session.

Seriously, probably wouldn't be an issue if I was done leveling classes.

dcye

Yeah mine will be less cluttered once I get my last two crafting classes to 50 (BSM and ARM) and can convert the leveling gear I've had for months and months.

Jayhawk

Was the fight any different from the public Extreme?

Yes. They alter the fight throughout the event because I saw volunteers taking notes. The version I fought had no water. The hysteria mechanic is still there, but Ramuh no longer does the AOE afterwards that would kill in extreme mode. The tanks never bothered with gathering orbs and tank swapping. They had rolling thunder, but it didn't seem to do much damage. It's hard to give a better description since I never got tethered. There were only four adds and we didn't kill the last one before Judgment Bolt. The party took only like 3000 damage each and survived. I had to Lustrate a few times on DPS getting cleaved.

The main challenge for me dealt with playing on a Japanese client and keyboard. At least I was able to indicate to my JP party that I play the game and I wanted to be the sukoraa and my friend the barudo as I acted out archery motions. The newbie dragoon needed to be told to join the duty after we were waiting at 7/8. Whatever result from typing out rimitto failed because the melees were newbies. The Dragoon didn't seem to have LB on hotbars. We beat Ramuh with no LB.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Yes. They alter the fight throughout the event because I saw volunteers taking notes. The version I fought had no water. The hysteria mechanic is still there, but Ramuh no longer does the AOE afterwards that would kill in extreme mode. The tanks never bothered with gathering orbs and tank swapping. They had rolling thunder, but it didn't seem to do much damage. It's hard to give a better description since I never got tethered. There were only four adds and we didn't kill the last one before Judgment Bolt. The party took only like 3000 damage each and survived. I had to Lustrate a few times on DPS getting cleaved.

The main challenge for me dealt with playing on a Japanese client and keyboard. At least I was able to indicate to my JP party that I play the game and I wanted to be the sukoraa and my friend the barudo as I acted out archery motions. The newbie dragoon needed to be told to join the duty after we were waiting at 7/8. Whatever result from typing out rimitto failed because the melees were newbies. The Dragoon didn't seem to have LB on hotbars. We beat Ramuh with no LB.

Gakusha! It's gakusha!

Taruranto

So... basically HM Ramuh?

Yeah sounds more like HM ramuh than EX ramuh. I think you die if you don't kill the adds in time in HM though? So it's like, normal story mode ramuh if that existed. But eh, if it was EX, no one would win earrings, it's like expecting to get an EX kill in DF, with people who might have never even played the game.

Jayhawk

Gakusha! It's gakusha!

No. The more evident that I am gaijin, the easier it is for me to be dealt with. It's super cute when somebody is trying to explain something in their newbie English to counter my newbie Japanese.

In terms of difficulty, I don't remember much about HM since I've only done it twice. One group that went before me at TGS barely cleared the fight. Only the WAR, two healers and BRD were alive for last 20%.

Jayhawk

How do I indicate to the JP party that I would like to be the husbando to their waifu.

There was this girl cosplaying with high allagan robe. I was going to take a picture for you and mention you were looking for a waifu. But asking cosplayers in the gaming booths for pictures seems to be taboo at TGS unless it's an official booth babe. I shall check out the cosplay hall tomorrow and hopefully take pictures there of your high allagan waifu.

I'm not sure if I want to stand in the crowd for tomorrow's live letter. The stage is facing the back wall of the hall, so there is not a lot of standing room and they need to keep space for people to walk through. People ended up sitting on nearby stairs and an upper floor balcony to watch today's census. Yoship walked past me after the census. I was too busy discussing Ramuh strategies to take a picture.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
what did he smell like
Like lies and deceit

There was this girl cosplaying with high allagan robe. I was going to take a picture for you and mention you were looking for a waifu. But asking cosplayers in the gaming booths for pictures seems to be taboo at TGS unless it's an official booth babe. I shall check out the cosplay hall tomorrow and hopefully take pictures there of your high allagan waifu.

Would marry in a heartbeat

aceface

Brayflox though

Yeah I thought it would be that but Wanderer's Palace has Brayflox hard beat by about 3.5 million runs. I guess there were just more people playing in the WP speedrun days than there were in the Bray speedrun days.

Also surprised at the low percentage of lalafells. Based on GAF I thought they ran the place.

Other interesting things to me: In the JP servers it's 60/40 female characters but in NA/EU it's 60/40 male characters. That's an article waiting to be written. Under role distribution it only has healer at 7% but that's the list of classes so it only included CNJ. Under job distribution, SCH and WHM add up to 24% and Tanks only add up to 21%. Big decline in the number of dragoons from 2013 to 2014 and an equivalent rise in the number of summoners. People getting smart.

Yeah I thought it would be that but Wanderer's Palace has Brayflox hard beat by about 3.5 million runs. I guess there were just more people playing in the WP speedrun days than there were in the Bray speedrun days.

Also it may only count full clears, not just half runs like a lot of the bray runs were.

Taruranto

How do I indicate to the JP party that I would like to be the husbando to their waifu.

vj1mM2n.jpg

If you played FFXI you would know about the "JP ONLY" japanese players have!

Taruranto

Surprised Mor Dhora and Limsa are not first, given how shitty designed Ul'dah is. (I mean, it's my home city and everything, but fuck it)

Garlic Jester is actually the only garden minion I'm missing, I got multiple seeds of the other ones, but I think the Jester comes only from one, specific recipe. I guess Apkallu is rare since no one bothers to do shitty vistas.

Woah, I wonder what happened here?

You can tell this one doesn't include the wipes :^

Sorian

Banned
Stay up for most of the night waiting for garuda window and get nothing. Wake up to find myself at the last hour of a 4 hour garuda bonanza. I hate you SE.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
What are differences between the two healer classes?

That 7% statistic makes me me want to do my part and start a healer class :p

Scholar branches off from a pet DPS class, has a pet that helps healing and either applies applies aoe regen or buffs skill/spell speed, and themselves are migitation-oriented. WHM in constrast is dedicated power healing and a bit more reactional.

Frazley

What are differences between the two healer classes?

That 7% statistic makes me me want to do my part and start a healer class :p
Help control the healer population, have your monks spade and neutered. (My main class right now is Monk, want to start a healer soon)

Oh and you all need to join me and become a Lalafell! Being able to barely see over the counter at the Myth vendor is epic! :) I am tall in real life, so this let's me be different. I am 6' 6".

aceface

I'm pretty sure that 7% is bunk since it's only counting CNJ.

Yeah that's all the classes at level 31 or above breakdown by percentage. So Arcanist is being counted as dps there. Still only 7% of people have CNJ to level 31 so I guess be proud CNJ folks!

In battle jobs it's 55% DPS, 24% healers and 21% tanks.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Looking forward to future XV event. Luxury Car mount, Bro minions and Sasuke hairstyles for all. Even women.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Looking at those quests I reckon your nightmare is just beginning.

Haha. Never did get around to Ultima. For the EX Primals. No interest really. =) Yes, the fish will be a bitch but I like Gathering more than Crafting. Can watch TV. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom