• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allard

We never get release dates for major content patches during the first live letter. However ya it definitely sounds like 2.4 will not be coming next month(going to go ahead and ballpark it as coming around Nov 13th because obviously it doesn't make any sense at all for them to get people to play this rather than go and play a certain something else).

This week he already said 2.4 was coming in a month due to all the complaints related to the housing wards, unless the time frame has changed in less then a week it doesn't sound delayed.

No date? No gear preview? They spent way more time talking about Fan Fest than anything.

Its just like the 2.3 content preview order. 2 Producer Letters, 1 that shows the first half, the second that shows the second half. Look at the image that showed the content for 2.4. They only discussed the stuff on the left half of the screen. The other half, hildebrand, main story, final coil, new allagan tomestones (which will likely show the new gear), PvP rank (also new gear) is coming in the next update.

This week he already said 2.4 was coming in a month due to all the complaints related to the housing wards, unless the time frame has changed in less then a week it doesn't sound delayed.

A month can also mean quite a few things when it's coming from Square. We've been told multiple times now that patches will come "sooner than expected" and yet they come 1-2 weeks after the date everyone actually expected due to unforeseen issues.

I can guarantee right now, they are going to try their hardest to push this patch as close to WoD launch as possible so they retain as many people as possible with a new class to play. This is the 2nd biggest p2p out there currently and there is no way Square doesn't view Blizzard as competition when it comes to content releases and getting people to keep playing. This will come the day of WoD(Nov 13th) or a week before, no sooner or later. It also goes with the whole, there is no new live letter till the end of next month(major patches have always been roughly a week after the 2nd half of the live letter unless something goes wrong), which would show that a week later 2.4 will likely launch.

iammeiam

New dungeons look okay, Shiva looks alright (albeit disappointing that it's another raised platform you can't fall off of. If there are stairs, there's no reason for an invisible wall there.), Ninja continues to look awesome... I think I'm just easily satisfied. Could have used something unexpected to elevate it (no Greg EX :(), but I'll live.

I'm hoping it's still coming in October, but if we get some patch pre-2.4 that includes the Halloween items, we're probably doomed.

Munba

Official videos
http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/4a5ec5b7ef0f2a2b5ac6699d9023161425ebbce6

And a better res poster,

ibrsmUlqENe4dx.jpg

WolvenOne

New Dungeons looks very nice, though I get the impression that Satasha HM's a bit further from completion than the rest.

I'm really gonna have to grab that arrange album. XD

Anyhow, guessing the next patch is further off than I initially expected. I guess this shouldn't be surprising, but I do hope they make the patch miiiiiiighty hefty to compensate for the weight.

Hope the Shiva weapons are 115 instead of 110. I know these weapons are mostly for alts at this point, but players are still going to need an alternate source of weapons to get themselves ready for Final Coil. Not everyone will have the capability of really farming T9.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Hope the Shiva weapons are 115 instead of 110. I know these weapons are mostly for alts at this point, but players are still going to need an alternate source of weapons to get themselves ready for Final Coil. Not everyone will have the capability of really farming T9.

If they don't, they're not ready for FCOB

WolvenOne

If they don't, they're not ready for FCOB

While I have no firm evidence to back this up, anyone that pugged thier way through, probably isn't clearing it weekly. So it's quite conceivable that they could go into final Coil without the T9 weapon.

An alternate means of getting something T9 comparable, isn't a bad thing.

PS: I don't expect the early final Coil turns to be easier than T9.

Rather, I expect fights that revolve around 1 or 2 key mechanics, that are individually slightly harder than the bulk of T9 mechanics.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
While I have no firm evidence to back this up, anyone that pugged thier way through, probably isn't clearing it weekly. So it's quite conceivable that they could go into final Coil without the T9 weapon.

An alternate means of getting something T9 comparable, isn't a bad thing.

Well there's probably gonna be. Just not necessarily in the form of Shiva.
They said that the weapon that will take place of Primal Focus and UAT weapons will have some new way of acquisition so they didn't think it was necessary to bring those particular mechanics back. Maybe there's gonna be some kind of welfare 115 weapon as well?

WolvenOne

Well there's probably gonna be. Just not necessarily in the form of Shiva.
They said that the weapon that will take place of Primal Focus and UAT weapons will have some new way of acquisition so they didn't think it was necessary to bring those particular mechanics back. Maybe there's gonna be some kind of welfare 115 weapon as well?

Maybe, I still don't particularly like weapons that are designed mostly to be glamour though. I tend to think that weapons should be useful, if only briefly, for the next segment of the game, in relation to where you're picking them up. Ramuh weapons conversely, are mostly useless outside of a few classes. They're not even very good for running Ramuh himself, since that DPS check early on can be pretty tight even for a party mostly made up of people with 110 weapons. Probably doable with a party made up of people in 95 weapons, but absolutely everyone would need to squeeze every last ounce out of those weapons to do it.

Conversely. Ifrit Weapons are excellent weapons for people that just hit 50, Garuda, Titan, Moogle, and Leviathan weapons are all perfectly sufficient for for next stretch of content immediately in front of characters.

It isn't until Ramuh that we suddenly see weapons that're probably a downgrade over what the players likely needed to use to defeat the primal, and that's head-scratch worthy.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Aye. Both T5 and T9 are full or artificial difficulty mechanics that rely on completely arbitrary 1HKO moves.

One player can easily have "difficulty" with T5 and then be completely fine with T6.

But every single turn in SCOB has arbitrary one-hit mechanics? Like BB, touching honey, everything related to Stone Curse, Atomic Ray. Contrarily nothing in the last phase of T9 is one-hit.

Taruranto

But every single turn in SCOB has arbitrary one-hit mechanics? Like BB, touching honey, everything related to Stone Curse, Atomic Ray. Contrarily nothing in the last phase of T9 is one-hit.

I don't disagree with your statement, but these mechanics are consistent thought the fight, though. Once you know how to deal with shriek and voice, you'll always know how to (except voice in the last phase I guess, but it still the same mechanic, only slightly altered)

Twister and divebombs and fireballs may as well be completely different fights.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I don't disagree with your statement, but these mechanics are consistent thought the fight, though. Once you know how to deal with shriek and voice, you'll always know how to (except voice in the last phase I guess, but it still the same mechanics, only slightly altered)

Twister and divebombs and fireballs may as well be completely different fights.

That's fair. Well I suppose one way or another, transition from SCOB to FCOB is gonna be quite different than transition from BCOB to SCOB. Reliance on mechanics has jumped up considerably and I dunno if they plan to nerf Nael into the ground like they did with Twintania.

Kenai

Could have used something unexpected to elevate it (no Greg EX :(), but I'll live.

I'm hoping it's still coming in October, but if we get some patch pre-2.4 that includes the Halloween items, we're probably doomed.

If there's something unexpected it will be in the inevitable trailer at the end like everything else before it.

Jayhawk

The line for signatures and pictures with YoshiP after the live letter was too long, so I didn't bother. There were a few hundred people in the crowd for the live letter and I would guess only a third had a decent view and in range of the speakers. Most people in the back would be standing and watching the live stream on their phones. I couldn't take pictures of people from both genders cosplaying artifact armor, the newest group of yukata, and the miqote starting armor. :( The Japanese crowd was so quiet and not hype. Only gaijins took pictures in the crowds.

Ken

oh yeah i think someone in mumble was asking if gilgamesh was the only voiced character in combat but rhitahtyn in cape westwind has in combat voice acting too

Where are my bullet points for the live letter?

New tomestone coming in 2.4
Not making it easier to track nexus glaze progress, they don't want people to be able to track it in minute detail
The preview dyes added in 2.38 will be available in 2.4, will require ingredients (only?) brought back by retainers
NEW DUNGEONS
(Outdor ice themed dungeon) "Snowcloak Ice Caves"
Sastasha HM
Sunken Temple of Qarn HM
Shiva
The Ahk Afah Amphitheatre (HM/EX)
Will be based off Main Scenario as usual
iLVL? not max, but useful (Translator missed this bit)
Ninjas
Ninjas use poison, but will not be a DOT (new system)
Mudra system different than anything seen before, not a traditional combo system
Rogue not selectable as an initial starting class (Must reach lv 10 and change)
Refused to announce cross-class matchups
No consumables for "Throw"
Marriage
Marriage being called "Eternal Band (bond?) System"
Probably coming in 2.45 (Not finished but hope it will be)
No current plans for a teleport like newbie port Will include a special chocobo
NEW HILDIBRAND content
Miscellaneous
Not going to enhance the Ixal gloves, its for intro crafters and not high level crafters
May consider changing CT1 so its completeable with fewer people than full alliance
Mirror drop rate increase coming for leviathan? Since its older content now they might do it (He said why not)
No plans for a "Savage" mode for primals
Working on updates for Wolves Den, want to make it feel line a "new pvp version", including rankings and tournaments
Max iLVL increase
Addition of housing wards (Said to be a doubling of available space previously)
Fanfest 2014 Swag
Super cute delivery moogle plushie
ingame wind up delivery moogle
(They also previously annouced ingame moogle costumes I believe)
Soken started a band and named it 'The Primals' and they're going to cover music on the next blu-ray
New artbook coming out 3,240 JPY on sale 10/17 NA/Eu release TBD
Halloween event 'All Saints Wake' will be returning (oh got that means the music will be returning)

(Copied from reddit)

dcye

I have 51 NQ and 10 HQ Silver Sovereigns. Is this real life? Always have the worst luck with this stuff.

EDIT: Make that 52. whyyyyyyy

dcye

I have CUL desynth but I'm not quite there yet for SS, need about 10 more levels. Not fishing daytimes has hurt, those Mahi-Mahi would be useful for that but tbh I'm addicted to Danganronpa 2 at the moment so I gotta play it some time.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Have been doing goastkin for two weeks straight, not a single blue fox hide dropped.
These struggles never end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom