• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface

Will it work like Spiritbonding?

Lewd?

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they introduced something like you have to be in a party for certain amount of time to increase your bond with a person to max level.

Imagine if they made it like S-links but with other player characters. OMG

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Lewd?

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they introduced something like you have to be in a party for certain amount of time to increase your bond with a person to max level.

Honeymoon in Urth's Gift?!

Taruranto

Lewd?

What the, this game needs less cat-people ERPing, not more!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
With 2.4 probably not out until the latter part of October now I'm not in a huge rush to finish Nexus. Got to have something to log on for other than raid.

Teknoman

Gilgamesh will probably just be a reoccurring character in Hilde's stuff, unless the inspector manages to really uncover something earth shattering, and then he gets all serious business.

I wonder how Ultros got here though... void tripping like Lightning and Gilgamesh? When the hell is Chupon going to show up?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Gilgamesh will probably just be a reoccurring character in Hilde's stuff, unless the inspector manages to really uncover something earth shattering, and then he gets all serious business.

I wonder how Ultros got here though... void tripping like Lightning and Gilgamesh? When the hell is Chupon going to show up?

But they did tease an 8-handed Greg model.

Teremap

Banned
With 2.4 probably not out until the latter part of October now I'm not in a huge rush to finish Nexus. Got to have something to log on for other than raid.
You can just, I don't know, start on a second relic or something.

I would, except I'm still waiting for them to nerf the fuck out of Atma. Why haven't they done so yet? It's such a damn roadblock for me it's ridiculous. Spending hours farming FATEs having absolutely no idea whatsoever whether the next FATE or not will be your lucky shot. Truly, truly awful design.

It's telling that it's many months since they added it and I'm still badmouthing the damn thing. Hell, we STILL get threads on it on the official forums to this day. It's bonkers. "Optional" or not, anything that becomes a massively un-fun grind like that should be fixed.

aceface

I would, except I'm still waiting for them to nerf the fuck out of Atma. Why haven't they done so yet? It's such a damn roadblock for me it's ridiculous. Spending hours farming FATEs having absolutely no idea whatsoever whether the next FATE or not will be your lucky shot. Truly, truly awful design.

It's telling that it's many months since they added it and I'm still badmouthing the damn thing. Hell, we STILL get threads on it on the official forums to this day. It's bonkers. "Optional" or not, anything that becomes a massively un-fun grind like that should be fixed.

Don't get me started.

After hours Atma farming I'll start having thoughts like "You know, it's statistically possible I could be doing this for 100 hours and get no atmas..."

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Oh god no. Not taking another relic past Zenith EVER.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just re-subbed again and have been working on my Relic weapon questline.

I did stumble upon a new questline for Hildebrand that starts with him presumed dead and hijinks unfold avoiding spoilers. Feels like I missed something though, I don't recall ever initiating a questline that introduced the character or what he was doing flinging himself into oblivion in the first place. Is it normal? Just feel like somewhere in the world there is a questline that properly introduces him and what these events entail...or maybe not?

BadRNG

I did stumble upon a new questline for Hildebrand that starts with him presumed dead and hijinks unfold avoiding spoilers. Feels like I missed something though, I don't recall ever initiating a questline that introduced the character or what he was doing flinging himself into oblivion in the first place. Is it normal? Just feel like somewhere in the world there is a questline that properly introduces him and what these events entail...or maybe not?
He is a 1.0 character, for ARR/2.0 that is where it starts.

There's a small recap of who he is during the rest of the quest, but honestly he's not exactly a complex story, just enjoy the ride.

IvorB

So I managed to upload the video of the Twintania fight from the GAF help night last weekend. Full disclaimer: I got pulled in at five in the morning to face some sh*t I had never seen before and didn't have time to read a guide or anything. I didn't have a f**king clue what was going on so please don't focus on my scrappy play as I was just trying to stay alive (and not doing such a hot job of that either) :). Still a great vid though I reckon though the quality took a hit but what can you do?

http://youtu.be/9laN0tXpXpY

Been meaning to ask but how is FFXIV so far? I didn't want to get burnt again on another MMO and I've been following it on and off but it seems that the game is doing very well. Also the 2.4 patch has peeked my interest.

Still going strong is it?

Teknoman

So I managed to upload the video of the Twintania fight from the GAF help night last weekend. Full disclaimer: I got pulled in at five in the morning to face some sh*t I had never seen before and didn't have time to read a guide or anything. I didn't have a f**king clue what was going on so please don't focus on my scrappy play as I was just trying to stay alive (and not doing such a hot job of that either) :). Still a great vid though I reckon though the quality took a hit but what can you do?

http://youtu.be/9laN0tXpXpY

Congrats all the same. We went into Ifrit EX the other night with mostly fresh people and came out relatively unscathed. Usually when you go with fellow FC members, everything ends up working out eventually :p

Mr Nash

square pies = communism

Don't worry, even if they nerf atma, you still get to look forward to camping fates that only pop once every several hours for animus books, and then you can find ways to make millions of gil for novus materia (or spirit bond your own!).

Let the good times roll!

Teremap

Banned
Don't worry, even if they nerf atma, you still get to look forward to camping fates that only pop once every several hours for animus books, and then you can find ways to make millions of gil for novus materia (or spirit bond your own!).

Let the good times roll!
Animus FATEs are pretty bad, yeah, but Novus was the easiest of all the phases for me thus far, since I skipped the level IV materia and just filled the rest with accuracy. And at least Animus books give you consistent progress. Just gotta defeat those dang FATEs...

Teknoman

So aside from Dual Shock 3/4, whats a good PC controller for XIV and in general? Or rather, is that logitech pad you usually see Yoshi and the dev team using any good?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So aside from Dual Shock 3/4, whats a good PC controller for XIV and in general? Or rather, is that logitech pad you usually see Yoshi and the dev team using any good?

I still recommend DS4. I used an off-brand controller before and DS4 is a lot better.

BadRNG

Don't know which logitech pad they use, but I've used this wireless Logitech one for years. It's great for PC gaming in general, has an xinput mode so it detects as a 360 controller for games that support that and a a dinput mode for older games that don't (or you want custom keybinds). Only downside is it takes AA batteries rather than being chargeable like some other controllers, but the battery life is just incredibly good, so it's never been a real issue for me. Talking months without changing them.

Kyari

Does anyone have any screenshots of the Nutkin pet's new /beckon function on any race but Lalafel?
Super want this pet and sitting at over 4 million and tempted to try and track one down to buy, but I kind of want to see how it sits on the shoulder first :(

iammeiam

Holy good god is the Lalafell alt unsheathed WHM pose the most condescending and smug expression ever:

27PqnXf.jpg

Yaska

Finished the story quests, and found out the cutscene could've been in Japanese instead of the rather terrible English dub. FML. Also the Castrum Boss music is awesome!

WolvenOne

614/2000 Points of light for my Nexus weapon. Basically kept grinding till my hand started cramping up today.

Honestly I'm not enjoying this grind as much, but I think that's because it favors shorter pieces of content that can be repeated in as little time as possible. Sure, it's free form, but not if you want to do it efficiently. I mean, as repetitive as Brayflox HM was, at least that was 10-12 minutes, vs the 30-45 seconds needed for a cape westwind.

Only good thing is that it's keeping me fairly well supplied in Myth, and I need Myth to keep me supplied in Alexandrite maps. Not only are they a fair source of Light in and of themselves, but I'll need a fair chunk of Alexandrite to respec my substats in the future. <_<;;

In other news, Not a Euphemism is still looking for a WHM, but I think I have a lead so, knock on wood.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
614/2000 Points of light for my Nexus weapon. Basically kept grinding till my hand started cramping up today.

Honestly I'm not enjoying this grind as much, but I think that's because it favors shorter pieces of content that can be repeated in as little time as possible. Sure, it's free form, but not if you want to do it efficiently. I mean, as repetitive as Brayflox HM was, at least that was 10-12 minutes, vs the 30-45 seconds needed for a cape westwind.

Only good thing is that it's keeping me fairly well supplied in Myth, and I need Myth to keep me supplied in Alexandrite maps. Not only are they a fair source of Light in and of themselves, but I'll need a fair chunk of Alexandrite to respec my substats in the future. <_<;;

In other news, Not a Euphemism is still looking for a WHM, but I think I have a lead so, knock on wood.

How do you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom