• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface

Seems to me the most likely thing to happen is that they introduce the Odin battle as a challenge at the fan fest. Something cool for the attendees to be world first to challenge it. The 15 minute time limit is too similar to something like this. It makes sense that they wouldn't have mentioned it yet at the live letter if they want it to be a surprise. Of course it's hardly a surprise if the data is in the patch already. But they are remarkably clueless about this stuff it seems. Like "we're not going to introduce a way to keep track of the light on your relic, we want to keep it vague" when an app came out to do exactly that days ago.

Then I think they will reveal a full hm/ex primal battle for Odin in either 2.4 or 2.5 because I don't think they would put assets into developing a whole new primal battle just for the fan fest. Plus there's the sliepnir reward as well which you would randomly get, something that's not available at a fan fest challenge where you aren't playing your own character.

chrono01

Maybe it'll be like the Cactuar earrings and, at Fan Fest if you're successful in your Odin battle, everyone from your realm is eligible for the Odin mount as a reward.

I know, that's probably some extremely unlikely thinking on my behalf [I've had horrible luck with Primal mounts dropping]. >_<

I can't imagine a fight against Odin that doesn't have massive amounts of lag. That's like 90% of his actual difficulty.

I must've missed out on a lot of people from my hiatus are considering this to be a possible thing.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
g5OnQM4.png

GOOOOLDFINGEEEER
HE'S THE MAN, THE MAN WITH THE MIDAS' TOUCH

No seriously this looks dope. If a bit tacky.

chrono01

I've lost 6 mirrors to date.
I really wanted to glamor it at one point, eventually... around number 4 I realized it was just not meant to be.
That despair.

Look on the positive side. I'm sure, eventually, Yoshida will increase the mirror drops, so there's that!

...Maybe.

Eldren

Was there an announcement or press release or something that said we'd learn more about the first expansion at the fan fest, or did I imagine that? I'm sure I read that somewhere but I can't seem to find it. It's probably on the Lodestone in a really obvious place. Basically I just want to know how long we have to wait to learn even the tiniest scrap of information about the Musketeer class. The fact that the guild already exists and there are people firing guns in the Coral Tower basement is such a cruel tease :(

studyguy

Was there an announcement or press release or something that said we'd learn more about the first expansion at the fan fest, or did I imagine that? I'm sure I read that somewhere but I can't seem to find it. It's probably on the Lodestone in a really obvious place. Basically I just want to know how long we have to wait to learn even the tiniest scrap of information about the Musketeer class. The fact that the guild already exists and there are people firing guns in the Coral Tower basement is such a cruel tease :(

XIV's expansion will be given to you for free, hand delivered by YoshiP himself. He'll tuck you into bed and tell you stories about all the fantastic jobs you wanted. Every FF job you ask for will be granted. Then he'll slip into bed with you and rub your head till you nod off to sleep. When you wake up
you'll be a catgirl in Eorzea. Just like you always wanted.

Was said at e3 and I think at the last live letter too. Then again so have many things lately and plans changed.

Teknoman

Yeah it was pretty great to get through that on my first attempt at Coil. Help night is the way forward. How is Ifrit EX? Nobody seems to talk about it.

So this weekend was pretty good. I got me a Leaviatin, unweathered it and it's pretty rad. Even the glow isn't that bad. I think right now I'm putting out some decent DPS. I played a Hullbreaker Isle and we got the Saskwatch down before the second set of monkeys even arrived. Only got one ATMA though. *sigh* At least FATEs in Southern Than are quite entertaining.

Ifrit EX isnt that bad. Just keeps you on your toes positioning wise and running from erupts/plumes more often. There are more debuffs and nails of course, but its easier than the first two. Harder on healers and ranged imo.

Ala Alba

I've been playing with a controller on my PC since launch, but the lack of mouse precision is really starting to bug me. Unfortunately, I dislike playing games with a keyboard (especially moving with wasd and trying to hit other nearby keys to do stuff).

So, I figured maybe one of those fancy keypad+thumbstick might be worth investing in. Anyone have any experience with peripherals like the Logitech G13 or the Razer Orbweaver?

Resilient

Guys what's th game climate like at the moment? Thinking of jumping back in. I have my Atma and a book. That's about it though. Is the Novus weapon a huge grind? Is it worth coming back? Never cleared anything past t6 or TitanEM.

WolvenOne

Guys what's th game climate like at the moment? Thinking of jumping back in. I have my Atma and a book. That's about it though. Is the Novus weapon a huge grind? Is it worth coming back? Never cleared anything past t6 or TitanEM.

The grind to get Alexandrite for Novus isn't that bad....

.....the grind to get the gil to buy the materia on the other hand, can be pretty daunting.

Neku054

Neo Member

Novus is essentially can be a Gil sink and a Myth Grind depending on how fast you are trying to get through it.

You can just spiritbond to get all the Materia you need to meld to the Novus scrolls but most people i assume opt to buying the materias off the Market Board (hence Gil Sink)

As for the Myth grind part, in order to Meld Materia onto your Novus Scroll you need Alexandrite, Which can only be obtained in a few ways.
--- A daily quest that has you run Expert Roulette to get a Mysterious Map, which rewards you with an alexandrite when successfully completed.
--- Spend 800 myth in Revenants toll to get a Mysterious Map.
--- Use allied seals from Hunts (200 i think) to get an alexandrite
--- And you can F.A.T.E. grind with an Animus weapon equipped and have a small chance of alexandrite dropping

As for is it worth coming back, 2.3 right now is pretty much a "catch up" patch so i would think it would be an excellent time to come back though maybe waiting for 2.4 might be more enticing to others who know... more so since ninja is coming out and loot/dungeon lockouts are expected to be removed from Syrcus Tower and Second Coil

Teknoman

The difference between flying and floating is something that took decades for humans to overcome. How long do you think it'll take in eorza ?

Speaking of...I guess FC airships will never need to be a thing ; ;

Oh and Turn 4 down (finally), now i'm on the Twin train with everyone else.

Ramuh EX and Mog EX are on my hitlist too. And of course more Levi EX... I need a mirror or more weapons for Monk. No way i'm doing Relic upgrade train for Monk unless they up the atma rate among other things. Main class weapon is enough.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Speaking of...I guess FC airships will never need to be a thing ; ;

Oh and Turn 4 down (finally), now i'm on the Twin train with everyone else.

Ramuh EX and Mog EX are on my hitlist too. And of course more Levi EX... I need a mirror or more weapons for Monk. No way i'm doing Relic upgrade train for Monk unless they up the atma rate among other things. Main class weapon is enough.

Why do you keep on mentioning mirrors when it is much easier to get a soldiery weapon or T5 weapon. You could do your animus before you ever won a mirror.

Nohar

I want to hear the full song of the theme which plays at the beginning of the New dungeons trailer (I just hope it won't get the same treatment as the Pharos' - didn't they mention they would extend that song btw?).

I wonder if they managed to fix the controller issue.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I want to hear the full song of the theme which plays at the beginning of the New dungeons trailer (I just hope it won't get the same treatment as the Pharos' - didn't they mention they would extend that song btw?).

I wonder if they managed to fix the controller issue.

They did make Pharos BGM loop.
Ever since 2.2 all new dungeons have looping BGM instead of 2.0 pattern of intro -> generic shared track

iammeiam

I feel like (for Bard which I know is easymode) the first phase of T9 is way, way easier to deal with than the first phase of T6 or T7. It looked like a total nightmare of cooldowns and emergency heals for healers/tanks, but for DPS most of the dodge windows are really generous, there's not a ton of unpredictable damage flying around, and the rotation is super set and much less confusing in practice than in watching a video.

Second phase is hilarious, though. WTB supergolem minion, I thoroughly enjoy watching him rage on everyone.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I feel like (for Bard which I know is easymode) the first phase of T9 is way, way easier to deal with than the first phase of T6 or T7. It looked like a total nightmare of cooldowns and emergency heals for healers/tanks, but for DPS most of the dodge windows are really generous, there's not a ton of unpredictable damage flying around, and the rotation is super set and much less confusing in practice than in watching a video.

Second phase is hilarious, though. WTB supergolem minion, I thoroughly enjoy watching him rage on everyone.

Ravensbeak is pretty tough for a WHM (SCH usually pretend they're DPS during that time)
At least it doesn't persist like Death Sentence.

I've been playing this a bunch on Vita recently. I won't say it's ideal - fiddling with back touch for R2/L2 is not usually an instant proposition, there is a lot of small text and icons, and the touch screen works fine for the cursor but the movement isn't mapped as tight as it might be. I'm not even sure what the pad button is mapped to.

Also, the quality of your remote play experience will vary wildly depending on how many switches your signal needs to jump over. At home it's fine for me with the occasional hitch, but three towns over at my family's place not so much.

But, there's a lot to be said for kicking back in bed with headphones on enjoying the forest scenery with the vibrant OLED. And the pace of the game mitigates worries over lag. I played it for 6 hours straight this way yesterday, and it sucked me right in, in a way playing on a big screen across the room with other environmental distractions often doesn't.

Valor

I would argue that every turn of coil has completely predictable damage coming towards a dps, especially turn 7, where all the damage a bard takes is from fireballs, which come at a regular rotation. Turn 9 gets more chaotic in the last phase. Until then, it's pretty easy to deal with as a bard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom