• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldren

I missed the Valentine's Day event by like 2 months so if I can get that Valentione Skirt by paying for it then I'll do it. I need it.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Satire at its finest, I agree wholeheartedly: it's all cosmetic. Geez.

Something that bugs me on the Premium Stream is all the people dissing the "casuals" when the devs were thinking about bringing in echo for 2nd Coil. I really don't think having a superiority complex about FFXIV is the healthiest thing...

Superiority complexes are the glue that tie MMO communities together.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Satire at its finest, I agree wholeheartedly: it's all cosmetic. Geez.

Something that bugs me on the Premium Stream is all the people dissing the "casuals" when the devs were thinking about bringing in echo for 2nd Coil. I really don't think having a superiority complex about FFXIV is the healthiest thing...

I look forward to the coil nerfs. Easier to take people through and farm gear.

gryvan

So I skimmed through some posts about today's closing ceremonies (because I couldn't watch it)

it went from "yay stuffz" to "oh gawd cash shop nonsense noooooo but I will still buy it because its amazing cosmetic stuffzor"

and yes I will buy that slepnir whenever it comes out day 1

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So I skimmed through some posts about today's closing ceremonies (because I couldn't watch it)

it went from "yay stuffz" to "oh gawd cash shop nonsense noooooo but I will still buy it because its amazing cosmetic stuffzor"

and yes I will buy that slepnir whenever it comes out day 1

Gotta fix your PC first :0

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So Ninja will require Rogue 30 and Pugilist 15... Do I need to get my Lancer to 15 as well or is it just for cross class skills?

phierce

and I'm sure that bad meteor placement won't be a wipe, just heavy damage

Well for example they talked about petrify not being a one shot kill. Or like the renaud not one shot killing you anymore.

Looking away and stoning renauds are pretty much the only mechanics of T7...

and for T9...this means you can fuck up phase 2 (1) and progress...only to wipe more frequently on phase 4 because you can't even grasp how to place meteors let alone fire outs...

dramatis

Getting all of those items in a way that makes sense with the gameworld is one of the reasons that I prefer sub mmos. I already didn't like the veterans rewards. Being able to craft said items, or find them as a rare drop, or do something in game to get them gives them meaning and makes them work withing the world they have made. Just buying them with real cash is giving them money for doing half the work. Same thing was what made me start to hate WoW years ago.
To be honest none of the minions really have that much of an effect on the setting. I am not particularly arsed about costumes (even though I am fashion police) or the minions. I know people are collectors or supermodels but if they're really that eager to get a certain outfit in the game, they can shell out for it.

If the cash shop slides into paying for levels and dungeons, then it's time to argue with your wallet and leave the game. But aesthetic items are not a thing to make a ruckus about.

6nN12iP.gif

Tabris

PC Master Race is a lie. I would say every single static run someone is like "I need to restart my game client, game is slow" "I got booted from the game" "These background graphics have been glitching since my driver upgraded" etc

I never have an issue with my PS4. Sure, can't DPS meter or use 3rd party tools to tell me when something is happening on screen, but I can live with that in exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom