• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadRNG

Uh, their excuse on the cooldown thing makes no sense. There is already a system in game that manages cooldowns across job switching, right?. If I use HG on PLD, switch to whatever, then switch back it will still be on cooldown even in a sanctuary.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

At the current level of overgear casting stoneskin on everyone just simply isn't necessary and a waste of time. Low level dungeons are tuned to expect a scholar without stoneskin and even without a protect. There's simply no damage to warrant stoneskinning everybody before anything. At the start of boss battles damage is usually low as well which means that unless it's a battle you're learning... well, people don't get hit a whole lot, and even raid-wide damage is so low you just end up, well, overhealing a whole lot (I have to CS the medica after the very first Titan jump not to make it hard on the tank in these cases). Stoneskin is useful when you don't know where the damage is gonna be coming from, in progression battles in other words, otherwise it's a waste of time and should be taken for what it is - a heal that's required to take damage over the maximum HP. Often I just stoneskin the tank to buy me time to DPS at the start of the battle and that's it.

It's doubly hilarious when you see a scholar meticulously stoneskinning everyone even though there's a WHM in the party as well.

aceface

I'm getting the feeling Yoshi is not understanding this question about if there's gonna be any changes to second coil outside of echo

edit: oh wait...easing difficulty

Eldren

Gold Saucer in the 2.5.x series, will have chocobo breeding (was breeding already confirmed?) plus Triple Triad & other minigames

Item Box

TRIPLE TRIAD

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Frumix

Suffering From Success
And there we go, cosmetic shop.
RIP game, it was good while it lasted.

Five bucks for Y'shtola.

Worth it.

Stuart444

So subs up in January and this news about 2.5-ish means I'll be resubbing... and staying in the GS whenever it goes up.

I'll never leave it :D

BadRNG

Considering how many people have bought the miscellaneous stuff just for minions, this is smart move.

But oh my god those fantasia prices, insane.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Sleipnir is a sold item? Does this mean Urth's Fount isn't gonna be a trial in the game?
That's like adding insult to injury.

kiryogi

Banned
Sleipnir is a sold item? Does this mean Urth's Fount isn't gonna be a trial in the game?
That's like adding insult to injury.

No they said the Odin trial will be available later, probably different items.

I'm curious what the pricing will be. $10? $20? It'll sell regardless XD

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Is there any website keeping a consistent list of all the changes they've announced?

I'm having a hard time keeping up while working abroad, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom