• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

PC Master Race is a lie. I would say every single static run someone is like "I need to restart my game client, game is slow" "I got booted from the game" "These background graphics have been glitching since my driver upgraded" etc

I never have an issue with my PS4. Sure, can't DPS meter or use 3rd party tools to tell me when something is happening on screen, but I can live with that in exchange.

Well, THAT one happens even on PS4. I just got 90k'd earlier, in fact.

And yeah, the others all depend on who you run with. Poorly maintained PCs will do that. :\

Shamdeo

Get GAF'd

ibwdG2MNnJ72ug.jpg

WolvenOne

So, how is the new race supposed to work?

I mean, I assumed that anyone that signed up for 3.0 would still have to go through all the mandatory 2.0 content. However, if this race isn't chronologically introduced to Eorzea until after the affair with Giaius, then it wouldn't make a bit of sense to go through that content as that race.

So, will new players that choose that race, skip over all the 2.0 content, or, what?

To be honest none of the minions really have that much of an effect on the setting. I am not particularly arsed about costumes (even though I am fashion police) or the minions. I know people are collectors or supermodels but if they're really that eager to get a certain outfit in the game, they can shell out for it.

If the cash shop slides into paying for levels and dungeons, then it's time to argue with your wallet and leave the game. But aesthetic items are not a thing to make a ruckus about.

Why? They are just as much a part of the game as "levels and dungeons". Why is it okay to cheapen that part of the game by letting you pay for it and not the other? It just isn't what I want from a sub mmo. It just being cosmetic has no effect on my point of view since ether way it still effects the overall gameworld for me.

rocK`

Banned
Hmm just started playing again. Rolled a new char on ultros. Looking to make a bard. Hit 20 this weekend. Are bards good? They seemed my play style, ranged dps and buffs.

BadRNG

I mean, I assumed that anyone that signed up for 3.0 would still have to go through all the mandatory 2.0 content. However, if this race isn't chronologically introduced to Eorzea until after the affair with Giaius, then it wouldn't make a bit of sense to go through that content as that race.

So, will new players that choose that race, skip over all the 2.0 content, or, what?
Most likely scenario is it won't matter/change anything. Overall continuity of legacy content when interacting with new content is rarely fussed over. I mean you can take it a step further, and a new player who gets to level 10 for first time could change to Rogue and (eventually NIN at 30) and yet still do main story quest as normal despite the Doman people not having arrived yet during those quests.

Gameplay > story basically. Depending on how important the lizard people are to the overall expansion story, they might get some extra nods here and there but I would not expect any real changes to the original 2.0 story.

Well few ways they can go with it.

Gameplay > Lore, retcon all that shit or just do whatever, can play new race even though it doesn't logically make sense.

Other way would be to make the new race go through a race specific area that ends with them starting at lvl 50. This invalidates a lot of content though, but might not be a terrible idea for an expansion, WoW did that during WotlK with Death Knights who started at lvl 60 instantly(or 58 whatever it was).

Unlock the race by finishing 2.0 story. This is meh as it limits new players options, and you'd still run into logical weirdness since the char would still go through 2.0 content.

Guess we'll see, I'd say 1 is the easiest and simplest, just add the race and be done with it, doesn't make sense in terms of story but whatever. You can already do a bunch of lore breaking stuff, like getting primal i90 weapons crafted before you ever fight any primals. Where do these demimaterias come from, the primals aren't even awakened! So yeah whatever. It's still a game in the end.

Taruranto

FFXIV is not a lore based game, you are thinking this too much.

cash shop? cosmetic items? lol, that's how they familiarize you with that pay to win mindset. so, when do we start calling max. level cosmetic, since it's so easy to attain?

i'm sure a good chunk of this fanbase is just chasing glamour items. SE knows this, so introducing a cash shop is quite devious.

Why? They are just as much a part of the game as "levels and dungeons". Why is it okay to cheapen that part of the game by letting you pay for it and not the other? It just isn't what I want from a sub mmo. It just being cosmetic has no effect on my point of view since ether way it still effects the overall gameworld for me.

agreed.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
FFXIV is not a lore based game, you are thinking this too much.

Hell look at the timeline for wow leveling content.

10/13 races go from Cataclysm -> Burning Crusade -> Wrath -> Cataclysm -> Pandaria
2/13 go from BC -> Cata -> BC -> Wrath -> Cata -> Pandaria
1/13 go from Pandaria -> Cata -> BC -> Wrath -> Cata -> Pandaria.

LaneDS

I'm not the best use of my time after resubbing this weekend was to dive headfirst into gridning FATEs in the hopes of getting Atma drops.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
PC Master Race is a lie. I would say every single static run someone is like "I need to restart my game client, game is slow" "I got booted from the game" "These background graphics have been glitching since my driver upgraded" etc

I never have an issue with my PS4. Sure, can't DPS meter or use 3rd party tools to tell me when something is happening on screen, but I can live with that in exchange.

"My gamepad battery ran out"
Edit: Oh, I've finally got a tag! Only took me so much shitposting.

iammeiam

Hmm just started playing again. Rolled a new char on ultros. Looking to make a bard. Hit 20 this weekend. Are bards good? They seemed my play style, ranged dps and buffs.

+ Best fashion
+ No stupid cast bars
+ Constant button mashing
+ Class of choice for running around making pewpewpew noises
- Ugly relic
- There are tons of us, easy to be obviously bad at, probably saved from the lol baddy class image solely by the existence of DRG
- No loyalty between bards, just constant chucking each other under the bus. Example:

I blame Angary also. For shame.

IDK what you expect when shiny gold Lightning shows up, but success shouldn't be on that list. No shame.

dramatis

cash shop? cosmetic items? lol, that's how they familiarize you with that pay to win mindset. so, when do we start calling max. level cosmetic, since it's so easy to attain?

i'm sure a good chunk of this fanbase is just chasing glamour items. SE knows this, so introducing a cash shop is quite devious.

agreed.
They're not just as much a part of the game as "levels and dungeons". Unless you also consider costume DLC part of FF13-2 or Tales of games, when they clearly do not affect game progression, game mechanics, or provide instances in which game mechanics are exercised. The minions don't do the above either. Are you actually evaluating a game and gameworld overall based on a few cosmetic items in a cash shop?

spiritfox

+ Best fashion
+ No stupid cast bars
+ Constant button mashing
+ Class of choice for running around making pewpewpew noises
- Ugly relic
- There are tons of us, easy to be obviously bad at, probably saved from the lol baddy class image solely by the existence of DRG
- No loyalty between bards, just constant chucking each other under the bus. Example:

IDK what you expect when shiny gold Lightning shows up, but success shouldn't be on that list. No shame.

You can't spell Bard without BAD.

Taruranto

They're not just as much a part of the game as "levels and dungeons".

Do we even play the same game? Half of the point of crafting in this game is vanity and minions.

Unless you also consider costume DLC part of FF13-2 or Tales of games, when they clearly do not affect game pr

Given that in the past costumes used to be available in the game via sub-quests and challenges, yes, they do.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Everything that isn‘t Coil and even then only the current one isn‘t progression. 95% of the game currently exists as nothing but stepping stones and vanity. Granted this is largely attributed to the game‘s verticality which is another whole problem but as it stands what‘s NOT on the table for the cash shop?

Tabris

Yeah it would be nice if this game had another different raid type that you can also run during the week. Maybe with Heavenward, have a bit of an easier raid and a bit of a harder raid than what coil is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom