• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Seriously though, I do secretly hope for a mechanic you'll have to Tank LB through. No more DPS LBs to meet DPS checks! :x

Yeah im sick of never using my LB. Unless they make new job specific LBs like they said they would. Warrior should have some crazy ass frenzy or something. Seems like a wasted effort to be still.

gryvan

Last time I played dota 2 with friends it didn't go so well, so I usually play solo from time to time just to stay refreshed on the mechanics.

If you don't mind a scrub puck player throwing every game, we can play some time.

I'll carry you with my lich tramain~

Fair point. I've personally experienced the opposite, as everyone on Adamantoise is too familiar with the Triangle or LOS method. Trying to explain them anything else results in a headache inducing mess where we spend way too much time in Phase 1 or Phase 2.

Hello, fellow Adamantoisian.

rubius01

More so we can take as much time to re watch the mechanics and learn the fight faster so we don't have to rush to clear on the final weekend before patch.

We only do roughly less than 6 hours a week in coil typically. However, our latest clear showed me is that a dedicated, extended length session is way better than many short ones in terms of learning and progressing. You point out we lose focus at 2 hours, but I'd argue sometime after that we get more focused. Most of our clears came after going beyond our normal 2 hour session.

Oh good god no. I was about to die from that 6 hour marathon.

I don't mind doing that every 6 months or so.

dark_chris

My withdrawal for this game is driving me insane!!

its actually the perfect time to play the other hundreds of games i havent touched...

WolvenOne

I need to apologize for earlier.

There are certain subjects that I am very, VERY, sore about, and I do not like to be reminded of them. These subjects are best left alone, but that doesn't justify my behavior.

I should have handled it better.

Item Box

Yeah im sick of never using my LB. Unless they make new job specific LBs like they said they would. Warrior should have some crazy ass frenzy or something. Seems like a wasted effort to be still.
Meanwhile, paladins will probably get...more damage mitigation! so exciting
I'll carry you with my lich tramain~
we need to make a dota 2 linkshell...and speaking of linkshells, whatever happened to the pokemon one

Just remember there are no winners arguing on the Internet.

tumblr_m9fk2m5PEm1qcf707o6_500.gif

Why hello there. There's a better-than-average chance you've seen my Lalafell running around the game world. :p

I think I've seen your name around! Although all Lalafells look the same to me. #notracist

Still no patch notes...it's like they want me to do something productive.

They are likely doing cross-language patch note checks to avoid another huge mistake like with the 2.4 prelim notes. It's needed, but I liked when they put up the patch notes shortly after they start the long maintenance.

More so we can take as much time to re watch the mechanics and learn the fight faster so we don't have to rush to clear on the final weekend before patch.

We only do roughly less than 6 hours a week in coil typically. However, our latest clear showed me is that a dedicated, extended length session is way better than many short ones in terms of learning and progressing. You point out we lose focus at 2 hours, but I'd argue sometime after that we get more focused. Most of our clears came after going beyond our normal 2 hour session.

Raiding this sort of content, where everything follows a fairly static script, it's no surprise going at it for a long period of time at once would yield better results. Most of this type of content can be beaten by sheer repetition until most of the "thinking" disapears and becomes reflex. Though taking a break can also have positive effects assuming you go back like, the day after, lots of clears on the first or 2nd pull of the day after a whole day of bashing your head against a fight, because everyone is rested but still retains the reflexes acquired the day before.

Not really healthy though, but it's a good way to get kills. Back when I cared about raiding, during wow, most of our progress on challenging stuff would come on weekends when we could extend the normal 3-4hours raid times into 5-8hours and really go at it for a while. Having a clear goal for that particular day also helps people focus/not give up.

Raiding this sort of content, where everything follows a fairly static script, it's no surprise going at it for a long period of time at once would yield better results. Most of this type of content can be beaten by sheer repetition until most of the "thinking" disapears and becomes reflex. Though taking a break can also have positive effects assuming you go back like, the day after, lots of clears on the first or 2nd pull of the day after a whole day of bashing your head against a fight, because everyone is rested but still retains the reflexes acquired the day before.

Not really healthy though, but it's a good way to get kills. Back when I cared about raiding, during wow, most of our progress on challenging stuff would come on weekends when we could extend the normal 3-4hours raid times into 5-8hours and really go at it for a while. Having a clear goal for that particular day also helps people focus/not give up.

It doesn't have to be like 6 hours like a lot of us dealt with this past weekend. I was feeling a bit strained from that much consecutive play on one battle, so I would say maybe like 3-4 hours, or two 2-hour sessions? The breaks should be mandatory for various reasons, and I feel like every 2-3 hours you should take 15-20 minute break. I know I keep going back to Titan EX, but I felt like going in there 3-4 hours a night for two weeks changed me from being intimidated and frustrated to extremely confident. Being confident in these battles is also a key. When you've seen the phase enough, and been to near the end enough, you are on the brink of achieving that. It just takes brute force, IMO, to push through that last barrier. Once you've cleared it, the mental hurdle is gone. However, you have to get back in there sooner rather than later, otherwise you lose that edge.

It doesn't have to be like 6 hours like a lot of us dealt with this past weekend. I was feeling a bit strained from that much consecutive play on one battle, so I would say maybe like 3-4 hours, or two 2-hour sessions? The breaks should be mandatory for various reasons, and I feel like every 2-3 hours you should take 15-20 minute break. I know I keep going back to Titan EX, but I felt like going in there 3-4 hours a night for two weeks changed me from being intimidated and frustrated to extremely confident. Being confident in these battles is also a key. When you've seen the phase enough, and been to near the end enough, you are on the brink of achieving that. It just takes brute force, IMO, to push through that last barrier. Once you've cleared it, the mental hurdle is gone. However, you have to get back in there sooner rather than later, otherwise you lose that edge.

And when you have done a fight enough it goes like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLRsSaKA1TM

Oh crazy, I didn't know they were phasing out Myth tomes now.

Are Soldiery going to be easier to come by now and Poetics will take the spot of Soldiery?

Basically everything that rewarded Myth/Sold now rewards Sold/Poetics at the same rate, it seems. Myth is being traded for Sold similar to Philo before(and Philo are entirely removed from the UI). They also nerfed a bunch of prices down due to the change even though technically you get the same amount of sold as you did myth, I guess for consistency or whatever. For example the relic stuff is cheaper now. Especially the animus books are only 500soldiery instead of 1500myth, which is a huge boost and Mysterious maps are 400sold instead of 800myth which also helps a lot.

Talaysen

Basically everything that rewarded Myth/Sold now rewards Sold/Poetics at the same rate, it seems. Myth is being traded for Sold similar to Philo before(and Philo are entirely removed from the UI). They also nerfed a bunch of prices down due to the change even though technically you get the same amount of sold as you did myth, I guess for consistency or whatever. For example the relic stuff is cheaper now. Especially the animus books are only 500soldiery instead of 1500myth, which is a huge boost and Mysterious maps are 400sold instead of 800myth which also helps a lot.

You get less soldiery than the myth you got before.

You get less soldiery than the myth you got before.

Do you? The only 2 examples they used in the prelim patch notes, the rewards of beastmen tribes daily and treasure hunts were a 1:1 conversion. Are dungeons going to get a worse conversion? They don't mention any conversion rate for these, just that you'll now get soldiery instead of myth.

Edit: There is the hullbreaker rewards shown in the DF changes, and it's only 35soldiery, though it's hard to extrapolate the values on the new dungeons out of this. It's also funny cause you got more soldiery before the change from it than now. The new dungeons I guess would be 50 soldiery, so myth maps would be about the same and only books get a small boost, assuming you get most soldiery from dungeons. Wonder if hunts will reward 40soldiery instead of 80.

Talaysen

Do you? The only 2 examples they used in the prelim patch notes, the rewards of beastmen tribes daily and treasure hunts were a 1:1 conversion. Are dungeons going to get a worse conversion? They don't mention any conversion rate for these, just that you'll now get soldiery instead of myth.

There's a screenshot showing Hullbreaker Isle giving 35 soldiery and 20 poetics. Before 2.4 it gave 100 myth and 45 soldiery, so we get even less soldiery in 2.4 compared to 2.3, which is pretty stupid.

aceface

There's a screenshot showing Hullbreaker Isle giving 35 soldiery and 20 poetics. Before 2.4 it gave 100 myth and 45 soldiery, so we get even less soldiery in 2.4 compared to 2.3, which is pretty stupid.

Hahaha whaaaat if true, glad I capped myth before patch.

WolvenOne

Hahaha whaaaat if true, glad I capped myth before patch.

Almost certainly true. That's roughly how much Myth/Soldiery you'd get in patch 2.2. That's partly why it was so difficult to grind out things like Animus, Novus, Etc. It wasn't until patch 2.3 that Myth and soldiery started raining from the sky.

So? It's no longer the highest end content. Qarn Hard, Sastas hard, and snow cloak will prob give 100 and 45.

The rewards for doing the older dungeons is always reduced with the new. Cept for Wanderer's Palace which switched from tomes to gil in that no one does it so relic precursors went up in value

Yeah Animus would be easier regardless, because it's only 33%. Worst case assuming new dungeons are 50soldiery, that's still 10dungeon runs for 500soldiery per book vs 15 runs at 100myth per run in 2.3 for the 1500books. Maps though were 8runs before and would be 8runs after, so the cost reduction here would have no effect other than keeping the price the same. Daillies might provide the same bonus as before though, maybe, which would make doing trials/low level/high level roulettes worth it. Kinda.

Stuart444

I was hoping to sleep and wake up for the patch but that isn't going to happen. Tried for the past 3 hours to get to sleep. I hate insomnia :/.

So guess I'm either staying awake all night/day or staying awake til 12 and get some sleep while my partner is out for 3 or 4 hours.

Either way, don't plan on missing the initial rush of excitement for the patch :D

edit: Is the PS4 update out yet? Since I think that's due to come out today (or is it tomorrow?)

LaneDS

Is the belief that the Zodiac weapons will further be upgradeable in the expansion? Wondering how far they'll go with those.

so they are finally increasing atma drop rates? i may need to resub lol, though with the ninja in i have no hopes of getting my brd through any ques lol. also they are phasing out myth tomes?

Stuart444

Is the belief that the Zodiac weapons will further be upgradeable in the expansion? Wondering how far they'll go with those.

Regardless of how far they go, we'll know they are done when we get to the Zodiac part of the weapons lol.

I assumed they would try and finish them by the expansion since they seem to be tying up many of the stories (Coil, CT, Hilde, etc) before 3.0. So might as well tie up the Zodiac storyline as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom