• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could kinda understand not liking WARs in 2.0, they were kinda janky to heal if they weren't using their stuff correctly and what not, but nowadays, I don't really see it. They can mitigate almost every boss mechanics with Inner Beast low "cooldown" and while their cooldowns aren't as good, I like that stuff dies faster and they reduce raid damage a decent bit if they use storm's path(or eye, whichever it is). Holmgang should probably be reworked to be a bit more in line with Hallowed Ground though. Maybe like you don't heal up during Holmgang, but right before it ends all the healing you received is applied at once. This would basically amount to a full heal at the end in most cases, which would work kinda like how Hallowed Ground generally ends with you at full health since you weren't taking dmg for so long.

WolvenOne

I was actually trying to be nice, mentioning that you could meet your goals by focusing on different things, nothing passive aggressive about it.

But since you posted all that shit, let me just respond - Those "2 hours sending you PST's" was me trying desperately to convince you that you should work on your game as it was holding us back. Others tried to help me, but were nicer about it. You ignored both of us, and would barely respond to us. So I got super blunt about it, you got offended and quit. Which worked out perfectly, as we got a replacement that works better with our group, and you'll probably find a better group for you.

"You're the group carry," and, "You're probably one of the least skilled people in the group," is pure aggression. Don't lie and say you were trying to be helpful, especially seeing as you opened with that, and spent the remainder of those two hours reminding me that I could leave, repeatedly, even after I said I wasn't going to. 9_9;;

Second, saying I was holding the group back, is again, pure aggression. T7 was mostly a stacking issue, and that group learned T8 in a reasonably short amount of time. We hardly touched T9 when I left, and once I started pugging it only took me a couple relatively short runs to reach the final phase.

Now please, stop sending comments in my direction. They will not be well met, even if I'm only seeing them via quotes.

scy

They can mitigate almost every boss mechanics with Inner Beast low "cooldown"...

For learning, say, Nael Phase 1's routine, you can just prep Inner Beast for every Ravensbeak and Ascent and not actually worry about a real rotation. Might be easier to learn that as WAR if your reaction time is there to catch every beak.

Edit: Ultimately, knowing the fight > not knowing the fight as a tank. That and most your survival is left to your healers anyway.

FFFanatic

Neo Member
Soo...

What is everyone doing first? I've parked myself next to the Rising Stones entrance so I can start the story quests right away. Will probably start Rogue later in the day.

And will defo be doing some Hildebrand stuff tomorrow afternoon. :D

As much as I want to get started with the new class, I gotta do Hildebrand first.
The FF6 nostalgia beckons me hardcore.

That, and I have to know if they end up remixing any of the FF6 music too.

Item Box

y'all need to chill

on topic, i really hope allied seal gear prices get reduced.

When I have the option of either gearing up a class to i90 with a couple hundred seals to completing a glamour set that costs 10 times the price, the latter will never be picked, no matter how cool it looks. Hunts are annoying enough as it is.

Jayhawk

When I have the option of either gearing up a class to i90 with a couple hundred seals to completing a glamour set that costs 10 times the price, the latter will never be picked, no matter how cool it looks. Hunts are annoying enough as it is.

I have some bad news for you on the former option.

scy

y'all need to chill

You're in luck!

The i90 items are being removed!

BLCKATK

y'all need to chill

Seems like if anything the prices went up since you can only buy ilvl 100 gear from hunts now. I think the i90 sets drop in dungeons now through some kind of token system?

Edit: Beaten hard.

Soo...

What is everyone doing first?

I parked myself in Lavender Beds when I logged off yesterday. Getting myself a small plot first thing (this means I probably have to wake up in the wee hours of the morning to snag one but c'est la vie; I'm tired of living on the streets!).

y'all need to chill

Well they're removing the i90 gear, and the i100 gear is like 10times as expensive, so you get the same result, just not the way you wanted ^^. Takes a little over 4000allied seals for a full set of i100 weathered gear(it's not even i110 gear you still need sands and oils).

Redx508

Yo tabris can you just let it go and move on you know you and Tia are not in good terms so why reply to his post knowing that its going start shit. #putyoure-peenaway

Item Box

qN6dygH.gif

i should really read these patch notes

scy

Seriously though, I do secretly hope for a mechanic you'll have to Tank LB through. No more DPS LBs to meet DPS checks! :x

scosher

Damn, I didn't know ninja plays just like dota invoker. I just got dragoon and already feel like dropping it, but I think its best to wait until the hype dies down anyway

can't wait for the macro spam quoting naruto in every df though

Tramain, why we no play Dota 2 together.

Ours is streamed for people to make fun of us though :)

More so we can take as much time to re watch the mechanics and learn the fight faster so we don't have to rush to clear on the final weekend before patch.

We only do roughly less than 6 hours a week in coil typically. However, our latest clear showed me is that a dedicated, extended length session is way better than many short ones in terms of learning and progressing. You point out we lose focus at 2 hours, but I'd argue sometime after that we get more focused. Most of our clears came after going beyond our normal 2 hour session.

Tabris

More so we can take as much time to re watch the mechanics and learn the fight faster so we don't have to rush to clear on the final weekend before patch.

We only do roughly less than 6 hours a week in coil typically. However, our latest clear showed me is that a dedicated, extended length session is way better than many short ones in terms of learning and progressing. You point out we lose focus at 2 hours, but I'd argue sometime after that we get more focused. Most of our clears came after going beyond our normal 2 hour session.

Maybe we dedicate another Saturday soon.

We did have the lose focus parts but we took long breaks in between. 30 min lunch break too.

Item Box

Tramain, why we no play Dota 2 together.
Last time I played dota 2 with friends it didn't go so well, so I usually play solo from time to time just to stay refreshed on the mechanics.

If you don't mind a scrub puck player throwing every game, we can play some time.
Don't worry, I actually read the patch notes and still forgot about it. Luckily, Odoru reminded me like 30 mins before the servers went down and I spent a ton of seals on myth gear.

mms9hYO.gif

This is what I get for logging out early to build gunpla

I swear if the new method to get i90 isn't easier...

I'll be gettin rekt in t6!

god help you if you're attempting it via DF

Wilsongt

Last time I played dota 2 with friends it didn't go so well, so I usually play solo from time to time just to stay refreshed on the mechanics.

If you don't mind a scrub puck player throwing every game, we can play some time.

mms9hYO.gif

This is what I get for logging out early to build gunpla

I swear if the new method to get i90 isn't easier...

god help you if you're attempting it via DF

All statics in reddot died so yes, df

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom