• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

It doesn't have to be like 6 hours like a lot of us dealt with this past weekend. I was feeling a bit strained from that much consecutive play on one battle, so I would say maybe like 3-4 hours, or two 2-hour sessions? The breaks should be mandatory for various reasons, and I feel like every 2-3 hours you should take 15-20 minute break. I know I keep going back to Titan EX, but I felt like going in there 3-4 hours a night for two weeks changed me from being intimidated and frustrated to extremely confident. Being confident in these battles is also a key. When you've seen the phase enough, and been to near the end enough, you are on the brink of achieving that. It just takes brute force, IMO, to push through that last barrier. Once you've cleared it, the mental hurdle is gone. However, you have to get back in there sooner rather than later, otherwise you lose that edge.

I was thinking about it though. Imagine the patch came out a week later. That 6hr session = 3 of our normal sessions. So you gotta think about that, would we have cleared on the 2nd or 3rd session with those breaks in between? I dunno.

Also the reason we can't do 3hr sessions during the week is due to 9pm starts (several people can't do past 11pm). So maybe we can do 1 weekday and 1 weekend session where the weekend session is 4hrs.

Only way to see if they are better than our current 2hr x3 method is to try them out in the early part of learning a fight and see how we do. If we make better progress as we do with multiple sessions, then it's the better idea.

Plus that works with Ultima's new work schedule.

Kagari I placed a pre-order for my T9 carry but I didn't see the option to select the collector's edition where I get a hardbound edition of Qhon's latest GAF Fan Fiction. Please don't let this turn into another Digital River situation...

Ken

Kagari I placed a pre-order for my T9 carry but I didn't see the option to select the collector's edition where I get a hardbound edition of Qhon's latest GAF Fan Fiction. Please don't let this turn into another Digital River situation...

Are you over 18?

Is a parent with you that can okay this purchase.

Stuart444

is there a chance of me being able to get back into the gaf guild if i resub at some point in the future?

Yeah, just find any gaf member, right click/square -> view company profile, select apply and mention you were in the FC before hand. And you'll be accepted whenever someone is on to accept you.

Reveirg

Diving back for the first time since 2.0. I'm guessing there's more than enough new content from 2.1 to 2.4.

No idea where to start though... Last thing I remember is trying to farm some myths, but those are not a thing anymore? Is myth gear still decent enough for most of the new content?

Amazing that they're trying so hard to keep people from getting extra tomestones or preventing boss spoilers from going up early. There's no other reason why they would be delaying the actual patch dl other than to prevent spoilers or keep people out of the game early because they don't trust themselves to bring servers back online on time rather than an hour or so earlier(like they always are).

Stuart444

Diving back for the first time since 2.0. I'm guessing there's more than enough new content from 2.1 to 2.4.

No idea where to start though... Last thing I remember is trying to farm some myths, but those are not a thing anymore? Is myth gear still decent enough for most of the new content?

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/28vn5j/what_did_i_miss_patch_notes_universal_summary/

This will tell you everything you've missed

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2a8mmn/so_you_just_hit_level_50_in_patch_23/

If you're at all similar to a fresh 50, this might help ^

Enjoy all the content you've missed :D

dcye

They don't even really need to. Gear will get it up to the point where someone can just walk into the wall and the other 7 can do it.

This is already a thing though. People have been selling T9 for many moons and sell runs always make you kill yourself at the start of the fight.

dcye

Didn't really think I was saying anything that related to the actual conversation, just giving advice, but deleted it anyway.

Stuart444

This is already a thing though. People have been selling T9 for many moons and sell runs always make you kill yourself at the start of the fight.

How much are sell runs of stuff like T9 and Primals?

Hell, how can people afford those (since i assume 500k - 1m?). I'm going to guess most that buy those runs are hardcore MB folks/crafters or something.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Amazing that they're trying so hard to keep people from getting extra tomestones or preventing boss spoilers from going up early. There's no other reason why they would be delaying the actual patch dl other than to prevent spoilers or keep people out of the game early because they don't trust themselves to bring servers back online on time rather than an hour or so earlier(like they always are).

Can't let those pesky dataminers have their way.

Hell, how can people afford those (since i assume 500k - 1m?). I'm going to guess most that buy those runs are hardcore MB folks/crafters or something.

For primals 500k or so is roughly about right(less for the easier ones, more for the harder), t9 before the patch was more like 3-5mil+. Most people who buy things like t9 runs likely are just people who make use of the MB and know how to run it, primals on the other hand it's mostly people who are spending every penny they have just to get past them or making use of one of those "neighborhood friendly people who have 100mil+ in stock"(if people weren't buying it there would be no need for sellers).

aceface

Nah I don't have any crafters leveled to 50 and I can make a million gil in a week easily by spiritbonding. It's how I raised the money for a house.

I'm never gonna buy a carry though, I'm going to do it the hard way.
by guilting my friends into it

Stuart444

For primals 500k or so is roughly about right(less for the easier ones, more for the harder), t9 before the patch was more like 3-5mil+. Most people who buy things like t9 runs likely are just people who make use of the MB and know how to run it, primals on the other hand it's mostly people who are spending every penny they have just to get past them or making use of one of those "neighborhood friendly people who have 100mil+ in stock"(if people weren't buying it there would be no need for sellers).

Oh yeah, forgot about those -_-

Nah I don't have any crafters leveled to 50 and I can make a million gil in a week easily by spiritboning. It's how I raised the money for a house.

I'm never gonna buy a carry though, I'm going to do it the hard way.
by guilting my friends into it

I don't spiritbond much so I admit, I totally forgot you could make a lot of money that way.

Half of my current money comes from selling the DD items on the MB before vanity came in. Now my money hovers 400 - 500k thanks to roulette/dungeons giving plenty of money. Though buying gear for my WAR is a good way to drain money lol.

Also yeah, I'd never buy a carry but I can't say I haven't been tempted. Still not past Titan EX yet for instance but I'll keep trying. Like I did with Leviathan til we beat it just Yesterday.

On our server, Titan EX and Ifrit EX are 500k, Ramuh 1.2million, T5 500k, I checked prices a few weeks ago since I was curious, at least that's Denver Maximilian prices but he's the one mostly spamming runs, don't know if there's cheaper.

As for how to afford them well, crafting, spiritbinding, whatever, it's just a matter of time and actually trying. I sell a few crafted items in demand which require about an hour of crafting every other day and do a fairly short mining rotation every hour, than soil > shroud soil > gold ore, added ferberite though because of the patch, but that's like 10ish minutes total, less if I dropped gold ore since it's the one that requires waiting, the rest is about 5mins if you catch the timers when they overlap. That's about 40k an hour depending on HQ and if my crafted stuff is selling, though it requires fairly minimal input and I can afk the rest of the time or actually play the game. Since I can do it every hour for most of the day, that turns into 400-500k a day. Sometimes more.

I only have one crafter(Alchemy) with melds(well technically I have 2.0 crappy melds in some other sets but that doesn't really count) and master book, almost all I sell are crappy 1star or lower items. My gatherer has "minimal melds", which is 585GP and exactly enough gathering and perception to gather 2star, which cost me a decent bit but not as much as the full thing(I'm using 45-49 accessories with garbage melds so that's like a million less than an optimal set). I don't feel I'm hardcore crafting, though I'll often spend 10-15mins looking at the market board to find new stuff to sell or see what's missing to make that.

Mostly the money is made from being able to play 5mins every hour for most of the day. If you can't play at all during the day due to work, then it's quite a bit harder.

Qvoth

can't believe patch is still not out, neither is the notes
i'm leaving for work soon... really wanna start the download before i go

Stuart444

On our server, Titan EX and Ifrit EX are 500k, Ramuh 1.2million, T5 500k, I checked prices a few weeks ago since I was curious, at least that's Denver Maximilian prices but he's the one mostly spamming runs, don't know if there's cheaper.

As for how to afford them well, crafting, spiritbinding, whatever, it's just a matter of time and actually trying. I sell a few crafted items in demand which require about an hour of crafting every other day and do a fairly short mining rotation every hour, than soil > shroud soil > gold ore, added ferberite though because of the patch, but that's like 10ish minutes total, less if I dropped gold ore since it's the one that requires waiting, the rest is about 5mins if you catch the timers when they overlap. That's about 40k an hour depending on HQ and if my crafted stuff is selling, though it requires fairly minimal input and I can afk the rest of the time or actually play the game. Since I can do it every hour for most of the day, that turns into 400-500k a day. Sometimes more.

I only have one crafter(Alchemy) with melds(well technically I have 2.0 crappy melds in some other sets but that doesn't really count) and master book, almost all I sell are crappy 1star or lower items. My gatherer has "minimal melds", which is 585GP and exactly enough gathering and perception to gather 2star, which cost me a decent bit but not as much as the full thing(I'm using 45-49 accessories with garbage melds so that's like a million less than an optimal set). I don't feel I'm hardcore crafting, though I'll often spend 10-15mins looking at the market board to find new stuff to sell or see what's missing to make that.

Mostly the money is made from being able to play 5mins every hour for most of the day. If you can't play at all during the day due to work, then it's quite a bit harder.

Quite a bit of good info, thanks :).

I'm working on Mining just now, mined loads of Iron Ore and trying to sell that on the MB. If it sells, that's a good 40,000+ roughly. (two stacks of 99 and I think 40ish HQ ones).

But We'll see, I undercut some of the folks and folks will probably undercut me so it depends on how many actually buy before that happens lol.

Quite a bit of good info, thanks :).

I'm working on Mining just now, mined loads of Iron Ore and trying to sell that on the MB. If it sells, that's a good 40,000+ roughly. (two stacks of 99 and I think 40ish HQ ones).

But We'll see, I undercut some of the folks and folks will probably undercut me so it depends on how many actually buy before that happens lol.

Low level ores are incredibly unstable. I use that unstability sometimes with my mining retainer, when stuff like silver, mythril or iron simply disapear(people powerlvling crafting probably) so I get a few stacks from the retainer and price gouge, but in general they're not worth the ventures. Mostly mining is good for the endgame unspoiled stuff, the rest doesn't sell that well because of constant botting other than those rare occasions. Though it's REALLY good for unspoiled mats.

Than soil is on average 15k and has been keeping that value since I started(it drops to 12k sometimes and sometimes goes up to 18k, but generally constant). For something that requires close to no investment and is very fast to do, it's just basically the best money/time I'd say, though obviously you can only get one soil per hour so not good for sustained money grinding. It sells quick too which is a plus. Shroud soil doesn't sell very well but literally takes 20secs to get after than soil so whatever. Gold ore advantage is even the NQ sell well and for a decent price(400each on average, you get between 15 and 25 depending on the method you're using to gather them, with a varying amount of HQ).

Actually forgot to talk about ventures, I do ventures every hour too after my mining rotation. It's about 2-5k per retainer, depending on what I get, I try to get stuff that sells or stuff I use(my miner has been mostly on shards ventures).

Overall though my strategy mostly only work because of my availability. For people who can only play an hour or 2 every day, spiritbinding is just way more consistent and efficient, though you really want to get crafters leveled to make your own stuff. Spiritbinding gathering/crafting gear is extremely consistent in that regard, I'd say on average it might be less valuable than using combat gear, but you never get a big stack of NOTHING after an hour of spiritbinding.

Mairu

So bored even though I have a bunch of other games I could be playing. Tried to sleep before patch but woke up about an hour ago :(

Stuart444

Yoshida is.

Ah, I assume we can expect the final patch notes not long after this in English then.

Low level ores are incredibly unstable. I use that unstability sometimes with my mining retainer, when stuff like silver, mythril or iron simply disapear(people powerlvling crafting probably) so I get a few stacks from the retainer and price gouge, but in general they're not worth the ventures. Mostly mining is good for the endgame unspoiled stuff, the rest doesn't sell that well because of constant botting other than those rare occasions. Though it's REALLY good for unspoiled mats.

Than soil is on average 15k and has been keeping that value since I started(it drops to 12k sometimes and sometimes goes up to 18k, but generally constant). For something that requires close to no investment and is very fast to do, it's just basically the best money/time I'd say, though obviously you can only get one soil per hour so not good for sustained money grinding.

Actually forgot to talk about ventures, I do ventures every hour too after my mining rotation. It's about 2-5k per retainer, depending on what I get, I try to get stuff that sells or stuff I use(my miner has been mostly on shards ventures).

Overall though my strategy mostly only work because of my availability. For people who can only play an hour or 2 every day, spiritbinding is just way more consistent and efficient, though you really want to get crafters leveled to make your own stuff. Spiritbinding gathering/crafting gear is extremely consistent in that regard, I'd say on average it might be less valuable than using combat gear, but you never get a big stack of NOTHING after an hour of spiritbinding.

I'm mainly selling low level stuff because I'm still leveling but will keep that in mind. As for Ventures, I'm still just doing quick explorations. Mainly because I'm always interested in what random stuff they will bring back this time haha.

Like I said, thanks for the info, plenty of good stuff here. I could probably use your strategy if I want because I'm available every day. Not working and health issues (which FFXIV helps keeps my mind off of) means I have more spare time than I should have. Only downside is stuff like tonight where I can't sleep and FFXIV is down so I can't even level anything haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom