• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know what secondary stats are good for WHM. I'm just gonna get what looks cute.

I think WHMs can pretty much use everything? SCH favor crit because of Adlo mechanics and don't need Piety much because of Aether, but WHMs don't seem to have one specific stat that's needed or bad for them, so you kinda can gear however you want I assume.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I don't even know what secondary stats are good for WHM. I'm just gonna get what looks cute.

All of them
Piety is great because you cast a lot and there's no way to regen mana as easily as every other caster does but you can't just unload all into piety
Determination is great because heal potency but you'll probably end up with shit mana pool if you just put all into determ for increasingly questionable advantage
Spell speed is great because the job is mostly reactionary but you need a ton
Crit... I don't know if it's at all reasonable to give crit to a WHM but it's always nice to see a critheal or Holy crit for over 1k.

At the end of the day it's kinda like "put things with crit on scholar and put whatever on white mage".

Kenai

When are we going to hit T10 and/or farm T9? Wait until Thursday or just go in whenever we see we're all on?

Will Ren be around before Thursday you think? I'm also somewhat worried about the lag potential, there will a lot more on than usual in both the game and mumble. We might actually have to beg for spots in it.

I doubt today will be a good idea in either case.

Wilsongt

98b4d5eded57d8cde22b60737ecc1fbb.png

Nooooooooooo. TOo cute. Please don't be locked behind a treasure map like the Bluebird and Nutkin. T.T

You can watch us do T10 today from 6-8pm PST to learn what not to do :)

I have the whole day off but I kinda want to go into T10 blind and I can't do that if I watch you guys ;_;

Will Ren be around before Thursday you think? I'm also somewhat worried about the lag potential, there will a lot more on than usual in both the game and mumble. We might actually have to beg for spots in it.

I doubt today will be a good idea in either case.

Lag, schmag. Nobody cares about lag, it's not as if we're going there for our clear anyways. I just wanna see it completely blind and wipe a lot before everyone starts making videos about how to clear it :D

Semper88

Gotta work.. But i'll be back on tonight to do some T10 and check out the new tank gear ohh boy!

And hooray that they didnt nerf second coil, you gotta do some work for it ;)

WolvenOne

Gotta work.. But i'll be back on tonight to do some T10 and check out the new tank gear ohh boy!

And hooray that they didnt nerf second coil, you gotta do some work for it ;)

I want to do the work man. I'm on the final phase, it'd be a shame to get that far only to have it nerfed a day or two before you would've gotten it. XD

Seems daggers have the same damage as other weapons and aren't like bows. Wonder how that's gonna work out with that super high potency AND 15% speed.

Kenai

Just as bad, =/

I *think* Arachne Web comes from Coil and the other mats are nothing. Depends on how much people want the other stuff that you can make from it. The other things you can make with it need a lot of thread and this needs just one so it might actually not be too bad, Would be weird if they would make it super rare since some pieces of gear need like 10 webs and there's a set for every class.

scy

Seems daggers have the same damage as other weapons and aren't like bows. Wonder how that's gonna work out with that super high potency AND 15% speed.

4x Ninja DPS

66% uptime on Trick Attack guys. Think about it.

I *think* Arachne Web comes from Coil and the other mats are nothing.

oh man, mat drops in coil

ohboy ohboy, that's the secret to unlocking it early. No chests, just mats.

Kenai

Lag, schmag. Nobody cares about lag, it's not as if we're going there for our clear anyways. I just wanna see it completely blind and wipe a lot before everyone starts making videos about how to clear it :D

As fun as that sounds I can think of slightly more productive things to do. Like hoard the new gathering nodes, snag enough money for a house, swoon over new Hildebrand, meet my Shiva waifu, and most important of all, get a tux handmade from my in-game fiance ("in-game fiance" sounds kind of weird doesn't it? lol) and swag around town.

In all seriousness i will probably "unlock" everything I can as soon as i can and then powernap before work.

Nerf bat.

Well need to see some actual parsing, Monk still has quite a bit more flat damage% in comparison and DRG did get better jumps(though not sure that's gonna help that much but less GCD clipping on Jump and Dragonfiredive more often isn't a bad thing). I guess they also technically don't have a good DPS cooldown, they have Kassatsu but DRG get the same on (supposedly) a much lower cd, no improved Blood for Blood or Internal Release, so maybe it balances out on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom