• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

PS3 yes, but low end PCs aren't really SE's fault. PS3 players are stuck with what they've got.

Upgrading is a steep price, be it a PC or a PS3. Both sets of users are stuck with what they got.

I just saw a PF level 100 for mog. What the hell.

And this is what happens when you have an unskilled section of the playerbase trying to brute force a fight that was intentionally designed not to be brute forced. :p

Riposte

I wonder if they knew hunts would play out this way and if they care. They didn't seem to have an issue with FATEs.

Is there a GAF linkshell on Sargatanas? I could understand not being welcomed back into the company.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
One Mael party literally kept all of Flames inside its spawn for a good 3 minutes.

How does this even happen?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I wonder if they knew hunts would play out this way and if they care. They didn't seem to have an issue with FATEs.

Is there a GAF linkshell on Sargatanas? I could understand not being welcomed back into the company.

Based on SE's action's and what little I've heard from them, I don't think they expected hunts would have turned out the way they have.

They are working on some sort of solution, although I don't know exactly what. Yoshida should say something on tomorrow's live letter.

orion434

How much money did you invest from 90 to 100? (Almost at 90 crp)

I made quite a bit of Gil from 95 - 100, the myth mat market crashed and I crafted Gold Spectacles, then attached 3x crap Materia to raise the success rate by 15%. When desynthesized It can give 2x Battlecraft III Demimateria worth 500K each. From 98 - 100 I invested 400K Gil for mats and got 6x Battlecraft III :)

Isaccard

I have a sneaking suspicion hunts will continue to overshadow the games other issues that need to be addressed like the trash mats in dungeons, dead party finder, the injustice to Titan egi, etc

Edit: as in being talked about in tomorrow's live letter I mean

jfkgoblue

I made quite a bit of Gil from 95 - 100, the myth mat market crashed and I crafted Gold Spectacles, then attached 3x crap Materia to raise the success rate by 15%. When desynthesized It can give 2x Battlecraft III Demimateria worth 500K each. From 98 - 100 I invested 400K Gil for mats and got 6x Battlecraft III :)
Is there even a point to Gil other than crafting and housing? Serious question as I haven't spent any (other than repairs) since my relic quest

IvorB

Support ticket but it's really not worth the hassle since it's just a temporary setback, IMO.

Yeah I tried it. That started talking about the one time item restore which sounds heavy. Not sure I wanna use it for this. Maybe the tokens I bought will come in handy some day so it's not a complete loss.

IvorB

Any of you guys who are running hard mode primals for the first time send me a friend request them mog mail in game. I am running them all the time due to desynth and would be glad to help

I might give you a shout next week. Gonna be taking Titan on then.

Alucrid

Banned
free weekend?

Y7a1tPN.png

free weekend

still one shot it so good on them

Prototype

When does the free weekend end? Tonight at midnight from what I understand.

Edit. I'm running hard mode primals, but I'm on Sargeantas(spelled?)

Hasney

Just got my third free log yesterday.

It seems Square is really handing these out like candy.

I keep missing them when I get the alert that I got them, but I've gotten 4 over the past 2 days. I didn't have one before then though, so may just have my luck turning.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So, I kinda suck at MMOs, but I love FF. Is it worth giving the game a try? Is there a huge learning curve?

This game is definitely worth trying. I don't like MMOs for the most part either but FF14 is really easy to get into for new people. I never saw myself playing past the end of the story line but I typically log in every day now.

Hasney

This game is definitely worth trying. I don't like MMOs for the most part either but FF14 is really easy to get into for new people. I never saw myself playing past the end of the story line but I typically log in every day now.

Agree with this. You should be able to get the PS3 version dirt cheap now which you can upgrade to PS4 for nothing and get 30 days free if you were looking to take the console route. Usually deals on the PC version too.

Hasney

How it is on console? I imagine it's way easier to learn on PC.

Anyway, I'll start looking into it.

Either way works. Was surprised by how well the PS4 version handled so I barely login to my PC anymore. Much easier to quickly boot up the PS4 and blast on that.

Got on PC around launch, made it to level 19 and did t really want to do much more. Played on PS4 and now I'm hooked.

klee123

So, I kinda suck at MMOs, but I love FF. Is it worth giving the game a try? Is there a huge learning curve?

Very well worth it, since I was in your shoes during the beta last year. Initially it's a bit daunting, but eventually once everything clicks, I loved it. It also helps that the game looks amazing with a fantastic art direction and has some great music.

MMO aside, for me this is the best FF since FFX.

LProtag

So I could pick it up for console or PC, whatever's cheaper, and then get it on both eventually with the same account? Neat.

What would be a good class to start with? I'm leaning towards either scholar or bard.

Ken

So I could pick it up for console or PC, whatever's cheaper, and then get it on both eventually with the same account? Neat.

What would be a good class to start with? I'm leaning towards either scholar or bard.

Leveling Scholar is nice because you end up with a free DPS class too.

klee123

I'd say any DPS other than Arcanist are good starting classes.

With Scholar you need to level up Arcanist(DPS) to 30 first then you can either choose to be a Summoner(DPS) or a Scholar(Healer).

kiryogi

Banned

You're allowed back if you want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom