• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is DRK MT/WAR OT going to be the hot new thing.

I need to go back in time and log out at Curious Gorge instead of Jenyls.

they were saying this on bluegartr:

So WAR is the perma spot.

MT DPS WAR=> DRK >PLD
MT mitigation PLD > WAR =DRK
Utility WAR > DRK > PLD
OT DPS single target they are all close
OT DPS multiple targets WAR =>DRK > PLD

PLD is the turtle tank maybe used for week one learning and later for sword oath farming. WAR is OP and DRK is not far behind.

I didnt get a chance to see the abilities for DRK before garlond cock blocked so i dont know if any of it is true.

dark_chris

I dunno why its happening. I bought the game on steam, entered the early access code, and says code is invalid. @_@ Dunno what to do. Or would i have to wait till tomorrow to enter it into mog station?

SirChop

Neo Member
I dunno why its happening. I bought the game on steam, entered the early access code, and says code is invalid. @_@ Dunno what to do. Or would i have to wait till tomorrow to enter it into mog station?

Try entering the code letter by letter. Copy pasting the code seems to cause failures.

Tabris

Moara won't be playing with us :(

He has a friend he's going to play with and they are still on 2.4 story.

Edit: Also, first thing I'm doing when I get in is the new BLM quest, I get the feeling you should run your PLD one first as well.

Yup, good plan to do job quest first. I doubt it'll take longer than 30 mins though. We'll sync back up for Heavenward content.

Tabris

I'll be logging in when the servers are up. He is at the end of 2.4 right now and hopefully we'll be able to get into Heavensward stuff after a few hours. I didn't expect Stanley to come back for the expansion lol

Man I think it'll be hard to get people to do things like Steps, Shiva HM, etc.

Or maybe not with everyone catching up?

Damn Stanley :)

Allard

I'm shocked there is not Ragnarok... we'll implode tomorrow. :/

Actually somewhat surprised to see Hyperion on that list as I didn't realize it was that much higher active population wise compared to other worlds (not like I have been on other worlds though), but if the instancing works I would rather be able to play then worry about the annoyance of what instance I am in. Hope other servers have a smooth playing experience :(.

Ken

Anyone's PS4 not pulling any patches after 3.6 GB one? I got the 3.6 GB patch, signed out and back in, registered HW, and just get game unavailable with no second patch.

LowParry

We didn't need to enter anything else with codes? Got mine from GMG (Collectors), but the status on my account page shows Standard FFXIV: Heavensward - Early Access Windows(R). However the versions are not marked with Heavensward either. This is normal right?

EriksBlue

Banned
TFW I already have a "friend" account recruited with 300 days of sub:
4Ljy5pk.gif

Rip Jerry Orbach aka Lennie Briscoe ;_;7

IvorB

Yeah, might have to make a few extra accounts to get the blasted Twintania mount. Having trouble finding people that aren't either lapsed players (thus ineligable,) or whom have the time for an MMO.

Flip. I was actually expecting Twin to be a cash shop mount, and was largely prepared to put the 24USD down I'd need. This is a lot more complicated in comparison. XD

PS3 version is under £3 in the UK. You must be able to find it really cheap in the US too surely.

suzu

We didn't need to enter anything else with codes? Got mine from GMG (Collectors), but the status on my account page shows Standard FFXIV: Heavensward - Early Access Windows(R). However the versions are not marked with Heavensward either. This is normal right?

GMG didn't send out any HW codes yet other than the (pre-order) early access code, as far as I know.

WolvenOne

PS3 version is under £3 in the UK. You must be able to find it really cheap in the US too surely.

Point. I'll try to find out exactly how much time I'd have to pay for on each to get the Twintania mount. Though I'd like to refer at least ONE actual living person that might go on to play the game, and all that.

LowParry

You need to click "Enter registration code for the expansion" in account service or something on mog station.

I think I'm alright. Shows early access and the bonus items for Heavensward. Just strange that it doesn't say Collector's.

GMG didn't send out any HW codes yet other than the (pre-order) early access code, as far as I know.

Wait, so there's another code we'll be getting?

iammeiam

Early access code is distinct from the full registration code. I got a little circle in my Windows Heavensward box after registering the full key, prior to that I had Early Access - Standard and that was it.

I tried entering manually. Got nothin. >.<

Your base ARR account is definitely a Steam account? As in you have the Steam payment option?

Only other thing I could think would be that you accidentally copied the main game key instead of the EA key maybe?

docbon

Emergency tactics seems pretty interesting.

I wonder what situation will come up where I would forgo a galvanize that gives a target a buffer beyond their max HP in exchange for a standard heal.

At first glance it seems like a recipe for overheal central, but if enemies can dispel or pierce through galvanize with percentage based attacks, I can definitely see some uses.

Kouriozan

I think I'm alright. Shows early access and the bonus items for Heavensward. Just strange that it doesn't say Collector's.

Yes, you get a code for the early access, and another one for the expansion.

EDIT : for comparison, this is what I get

HCiyOZg.png

Raijinken

Anyone's PS4 not pulling any patches after 3.6 GB one? I got the 3.6 GB patch, signed out and back in, registered HW, and just get game unavailable with no second patch.

The timer on the add-on for PS4 still has 6 hours left so we'll most likely be able to download the 5.7GB patch at 12AM EST. Anyone who didn't pre-order off the PSN store and got an EA code was already able to download the 5.7GB patch.

Ken

How much do you have then? 1.7GB and 3.6GB or just 3.6GB?

1.7 and 3.6

The timer on the add-on for PS4 still has 6 hours left so we'll most likely be able to download the 5.7GB patch at 12AM EST. Anyone who didn't pre-order off the PSN store and got an EA code was already able to download the 5.7GB patch.

Huh, interesting. I didn't think the PS4 timer had any bearing on the patcher but I guess we'll see.

Maybe it's their way of staggering the patch downloads for better speeds?

Valor

Me either.

Pretty much what I was talking about this morning. I got the 3+ Gig one but nothing since then. Everything seems fine though since I got the unavailable shit, but... who knows. I figure I'll check it again in a little while. Brother's launcher on PC updated to have Heavensward's logo on the Login part. Mine still says ARR. Maybe it's nothing? I dunno.

One thing I can think of now is that I did the PS3 -> PS4 upgrade. I think Dark and Ken did the same.

1.7 and 3.6

I guess this is the answer.

Check back in 6 or so hours.

I have to work tomorrow so I'll be waking up early to hopefully get some time in and confirm my Fantasia changes.

BadRNG

So is DRK MT/WAR OT going to be the hot new thing.
Maybe? If you have a NIN though there's a lot of redundancy there. I'd say DRK/PLD for our group at least if Bookey is staying NIN. PLD got some new tools for both MT and OT. Clemency and Divine Veil sound like awesome OT utility, and Shelltron is obviously good MT.

they were saying this on bluegartr:

I didnt get a chance to see the abilities for DRK before garlond cock blocked so i dont know if any of it is true.
Seems way too early to be declaring this stuff. So much we don't know, especially in regards to DRK and the stat changes. DRK has two skills that does decent oGCD damage off parries, which might make it worth stacking for both survivability and damage if you can get parry up to a decent rate now. It's difficult to guess how much dps a DRK MTing can do right now as well since we don't know MP pools and the like. Then there is the meta of how feasible it is to drop Grit in order to use Blood Blade for it's duration for a nice dmg increase.

I'd argue PLD potentially has better utility than WAR now as well. Storms/Slashing is good but it can come from other sources, no one else has an aoe tank-HP stoneskin. Not to mention the spot healing they can do as OT now.

Ken

Maybe? If you have a NIN though there's a lot of redundancy there. I'd say DRK/PLD for our group at least if Bookey is staying NIN. PLD got some new tools for both MT and OT. Clemency and Divine Veil sound like awesome OT utility, and Shelltron is obviously good MT.

Seems way too early to be declaring this stuff. So much we don't know, especially in regards to DRK and the stat changes. DRK has two skills that does decent oGCD damage off parries, which might make it worth stacking for both survivability and damage if you can get parry up to a decent rate now. It's difficult to guess how much dps a DRK MTing can do right now as well since we don't know MP pools and the like. Then there is the meta of how feasible it is to drop Grit in order to use Blood Blade for it's duration for a nice dmg increase.

I'd argue PLD potentially has better utility than WAR now as well. Storms/Slashing is good but it can come from other sources, no one else has an aoe tank-HP stoneskin. Not to mention the spot healing they can do as OT now.

Shelltron would have been so nice for Flattens. ;_;

I'll probably level all three tanks before Alex Normal.

I also got a 5.7 GB patch earlier in the day on ps4. Weird.

Digital PSN preorder or EA code?

dark_chris

Early access code is distinct from the full registration code. I got a little circle in my Windows Heavensward box after registering the full key, prior to that I had Early Access - Standard and that was it.

Your base ARR account is definitely a Steam account? As in you have the Steam payment option?

Only other thing I could think would be that you accidentally copied the main game key instead of the EA key maybe?

T_T I just realized it.. yeah I bought the game elsewhere. Now i got a spare Heavensward Steam key.
I got the game from GMG so i guess i should buy it there then?

I got it on steam so i can be a crazy person and see my hours accumulated but never entered the code from there.

iammeiam

T_T I just realized it.. yeah I bought the game elsewhere. Now i got a spare Heavensward Steam key.
I got the game from GMG so i guess i should buy it there then?

You can use a key from pretty much anywhere but Steam. Steam's the only PC storefront with an actual specialized FFXIV license, so you can't mix Steam and non-Steam but can mix any non-Steam with any other non-Steam PC key. GMG I think might be cheapest though.

Valor

I do wonder if the PS4 download difference is from the upgrade campaign or not. My FF14 on my system is currently sitting at ~40 gigs even. I wonder what everyone else's looks like.

Pachimari

This is about what I got, with a newly acquired 970x, 8 GB Ram, i5 processor and installed on a standard HDD. I've got another 8 GB of ram coming tomorrow, as well as a drive adapter to fit in a new SSD I got but haven't installed. Not sure how screwed up it is to try and move installation between drives, though.

Might hold off for a week or 2 to do a fresh install on it while I sleep or at work.

On my old 7850 ATI card, think the max settings got me like a 3000 score ("High").

I'm on a GTX 780, 16GB of RAM and an i5 processor.

Reveirg

I'm a PS4 user.

I entered my EBGames pre-order code on the special website a few weeks ago, and recently entered the PSN code in the PS store.

Is there anything else I need to do? Heavensward doesn't show up in my Mog Station account.

Valor

I'm a PS4 user.

I entered my EBGames pre-order code on the special website a few weeks ago, and recently entered the PSN code in the PS store.

Is there anything else I need to do? Heavensward doesn't show up in my Mog Station account.

Run the launcher and you should download some junk to fill it with Heavensward juice.

Pachimari

I think I'm gonna go from lvl. 3 to 15 tomorrow. Use my whole day on it. Then I'll be back to where I left off before.

A little hard to have done a Gridanian archer in the beta, then again on the PS3, and now a third time with a new character on PC.

iammeiam

I do wonder if the PS4 download difference is from the upgrade campaign or not. My FF14 on my system is currently sitting at ~40 gigs even. I wonder what everyone else's looks like.

Base ARR install from the PS3 -> PS4 upgrade, Heavensward EA code from a physical CE preorder, information looks like this:

I don't remember what size patch I got; I think the 5 GB one but I've done so much FFXIV patching in the past day who knows.

Ruruja

I think I'm gonna go from lvl. 3 to 15 tomorrow. Use my whole day on it. Then I'll be back to where I left off before.

A little hard to have done a Gridanian archer in the beta, then again on the PS3, and now a third time with a new character on PC.

Shouldn't take long at all with the new exp boosts they've added. Hunting Log really speeds it up too.

Valor

Base ARR install from the PS3 -> PS4 upgrade, Heavensward EA code from a physical CE preorder, information looks like this:

I don't remember what size patch I got; I think the 5 GB one but I've done so much FFXIV patching in the past day who knows.
You mentioned you got the 5 gig patch earlier in the day (I know because I've been insane lately). My information looks spot on to yours so I'm resting easy now.

suzu

We're most likely getting the registration code closer to or on launch day. At least that's what I'm expecting. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom