• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently you can only make your sub go up to 180 days at a time, and my other account is already paid for 180 days so I can't add another 180.

So I guess I have to buy another digital copy and sub now to get it. RIP.

Tabris

Skilspeed and spellspeed now affect damage over time and healing over time effects.
The effect of determination on auto-attacks has been reduced.
Critical hit rate now affects damage dealt with a critical strike.
Certain attributes no longer affect parry or block.

Well how we gear up has changed quite a bit.

Tabris

[2.0] In accordance with the increase in level cap, the distribution of experience points in the following dungeons has been adjusted:
The Sunken Temple of Qarn / Cutter's Cry / Stone Vigil / Dzemael Darkhold / Aurum Vale

* The number of experience points received from bosses has been increased, while that received from all other enemies has been decreased. Please note this does not affect the overall experience gained from the above dungeons.

No more DD and AV runs.

Base ARR install from the PS3 -> PS4 upgrade, Heavensward EA code from a physical CE preorder, information looks like this:

I don't remember what size patch I got; I think the 5 GB one but I've done so much FFXIV patching in the past day who knows.
Mine matches as well so I guess its ok.

Tabris

* The raid dungeon Alexander is scheduled to be released approximately two weeks after the start of official service for Heavensward.
* The raid dungeon Alexander (Savage) is scheduled to be released approximately four weeks after the start of official service for Heavensward.

So we got 2 weeks to beat Alexander Hard before we can do Alexander Savage.

Dunan

That, and Pa Paya, might make it worth 40 dollars. I'll see if I can find any deals later on.

No Papaya, no ba-buy-a!

Amazon.co.jp typically has these at a 10-20% discount if you pre-order. I got great deals on the blue ARR OST and then again with the arrangement CD (even if I didn't like the latter all that much). I'm really looking forward to a full compilation of all the excellence that has been in the last few updates. Dreams of Ice, Wanderer's Palace HM, Keeper of the Lake... so good.

It's cool they are doing what they can to alleviate server congestion, maybe things will be better than 2.0 early access which was hilariously bad.

Ugh, gonna be stuck at work until 6 AM Friday morning.

The difficulty naming conventions are so inconsistent. Nothing really new though they already announced the 2/4weeks thing like a couple of live letters ago.

FFXIV launcher now says "You can set expansion to install" or something. File size is apparently 10 GB.

And...it's downloading 8.4GB of something. Expansion content I'm assuming. I guess this means expansion preload is live.

edit:
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/f3cbcbf43ab38340cba0dbb539bbbb160ec3ce9d

Gaiz they are implementing "Channels" for expac launch is this a Christmas miracle

Worlds Currently Using Field Instances
Chocobo / Shinryu / Bahamut / Carbuncle / Balmung / Gilgamesh / Excalibur / Hyperion

RIP ULTROS

Ken

It's cool they are doing what they can to alleviate server congestion, maybe things will be better than 2.0 early access which was hilariously bad.
I made friends with my error messages during those times? How about you?

Worlds Currently Using Field Instances
Chocobo / Shinryu / Bahamut / Carbuncle / Balmung / Gilgamesh / Excalibur / Hyperion
Gotta make sure you keep us ERPers happy.

This is what mine looks like. D:

HoQYP5f.jpg

Critical Elk

Neo Member
Emergency tactics seems pretty interesting.

I wonder what situation will come up where I would forgo a galvanize that gives a target a buffer beyond their max HP in exchange for a standard heal.

At first glance it seems like a recipe for overheal central, but if enemies can dispel or pierce through galvanize with percentage based attacks, I can definitely see some uses.

It gives us yet another aoe heal, since you can do succor>et>succor and not have to worry about the second succor being half pot. Or those times when you're spamming adlo at a rate at which the sheild isn't being fully consumed. It would have made healing Flames of Rebirth or Rage of Bahamut marginally less of a pain.

Kouriozan

It's currently almost 1 AM here and 10 hours left before the early access.
Is there going to be an OT for this? Really excited for more story quests (in before going to save Minfilia yet another time)

Baleoce

I have a dilemma. I haven't had broadband in 3 months. I moved into a new place and got the royal shaft from BT. They still haven't hooked me up. Mobile tethering has a cap on all mobile data providers in the UK. So since March 21st I've been paying a lot of money to stay online. Problem is, I got to heavensward now, and its about 8 or 10gb all in all, that's gonna cost me a fair bit to get (£25 using Three mobiles Internet add on service), so a very kind friend has generously offered to send me her installation folder with the heavensward update. Is there anything I should be aware of before I try to merge her files with mine? I was going to do that, and then run the installer to see what errors it finds and hopefully it fixes them. It's either that, or just forget about early access and wait for the DVD to arrive from Amazon. Has anyone ever tried doing this before? Thanks.

BadRNG

Any Japanese speakers?

http://lalafell.xxxblog.jp/archives/45218708.html This popped up regarding AF2 gear, not sure if it has anything to do with that though.
Says that AF2 will be from Esoterics. Also says in the question afterwards that the Alexander Savage gear can be dyed.

Now I'm left wondering if the previous English interview he gave where he said it came from quests was a mistranslation or if something just changed in development.
have I mentioned before how much I hate all this information has to come through random blogs rather than directly to the players....

Ken

Using Google translate, makes it sounds like the AF2 is going to be a tome-armor this time.

I guess they didn't want to make two versions of the armor this time?

I never did like the "two versions of AF armor" stuff in 2.0. Was always weird to get this supposedly important gear from class quests and then have random vendor lady sell the same armor.

And then there was the whole Augmentation nonsense.

Fehyd

Banned
Says that AF2 will be from Esoterics. Also says in the question afterwards that the Alexander Savage gear can be dyed.

Now I'm left wondering if the previous English interview he gave where he said it came from quests was a mistranslation or if something just changed in development.
have I mentioned before how much I hate all this information has to come through random blogs rather than directly to the players....

So that effectively means no AF2 for 4 weeks. >_> Bravo Yoshi-P

Fehyd

Banned
Well it beats "AF1 until you run AK a dozen of times and replace it with ugly looking gear+darklight". Here, you're replacing Darklight 2.0(Law gear, I assume) with AF2.

We have glamours now. I would just glamour the armor to everything anyway. As it is, I'm going to be stuck glamouring AF1.5 to everything now instead of AF2.

BadRNG

It went directly to the Japanese players. JP ONRY
Well even the JPN players have to browse random blogs. Half that site link is people speculating just like us, someone answering, and then people wondering what the source is.

To make things even more hilarious, one of them references the same English interview we were talking about before someone posts the newer-JPN interview. It's just a poor way to communicate new info to players.

Sandfox

I like the decision they made with AF2 because now it will actually be usable for a good amount of time unlike AF1 which was only used during that small gap from where you got it to where you finished the 2.0 story.

LowParry

Sudden illness, yo. "Oh, I apologize, but I'm really feeling under the weather, I think I'm going to have to cut the evening short so I can get some rest."

;)

Haha yeah I wouldn't hesitate doing so but lanes are already orders, etc. So kinda owe it to go. Besides. Lots of beer is involves can't complain too much.

Allard

I never did like the "two versions of AF armor" stuff in 2.0. Was always weird to get this supposedly important gear from class quests and then have random vendor lady sell the same armor.

And then there was the whole Augmentation nonsense.

2.0 issue with the AF armor was a legacy issue from 1.0. AF gear was just under the dark light set in 1.0 and was reliable (especially with 'enhancement's to gear) as top end gear. They didnt want to give Legacy players a leg up on new 2.0 users by essentially handing older players top end gear, so they made the old legacy stuff easy armor to retrieve, darkllight stuff anyone can get with the right amount of grinding, and then gave a reskin armor a chance to be the top end gear again. I am sure that is the only reason it was done this way, and at the time glamour wasn't added yet in the game so augmented armor would not have had a place till then.

The only issue I have with this strategy, as I did with 2.0, is this means even more gear that is gated by weekly cap. A lot of poetics and soldiery gear (Healer, tank, caster etc) fit more then one job. Now we would have to worry about potentially 13 sets of left side armor on weekly resets :/

Ken

I like the decision they made with AF2 because now it will actually be usable for a good amount of time unlike AF1 which was only used during that small gap from where you got it to where you finished the 2.0 story.

AF2 and AF...+1 will serve the same purpose; alternatives to Raid1's gear.

The only issue I have with this strategy, as I did with 2.0, is this means even more gear that is gated by weekly cap. A lot of poetics and soldiery gear (Healer, tank, caster etc) fit more then one job. Now we would have to worry about potentially 13 sets of left side armor on weekly resets :/

Which is the same thing that happened with Myth gear back in Binding Coil. I'm sure we'll go back to role specific currency gear after AF2.

Fehyd

Banned

Eh, its less about that for me, and more about the look.

Certain classes have an iconic look, and thanks to the glamour system we can look kickass with stats from later gear.

Now we have an iconic armor set gated behind content. Would've just prefered it as an easier armor set and the people who like it can just glamour their gear to look like it later, especially considering how much of the later gear tends to be absolutely butt ugly for the classes.

WolvenOne

Admittedly, I didnt really like how quickly AF1 was eclipsed. It was good for Prea, CM, and Ifrit HM, but people would grumble by the time I got to Garuda HM, and occasionally even in AK.

this was supposed to be legendary armor, and it seemed like it was only suited for a sliver of content.

Ken

Admittedly, I didnt really like how quickly AF1 was eclipsed. It was good for Prea, CM, and Ifrit HM, but people would grumble by the time I got to Garuda HM, and occasionally even in AK.

this was supposed to be legendary armor, and it seemed like it was only suited for a sliver of content.

Idk, Allard's point of it being legacy/holdover over from 1.0 is a good one. I'm pretty excited to see what the devs can do with the start of a new cycle with more freedom and distance from 1.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom