• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzu

wYdWchQ.gif

\0/

Alt Account #1: Days Subscribed 150 (5 Gold Feathers for recruit a friend, that subs for at least 30 days, 5 for 150 days subbed). Had to buy 1 60 day game card for 29.99 to hit the 150 days because I was already paid for 90 days 4 months ago when I set it up originally and SE could not add time using a credit card until that sub time lapsed). FYI, you can only have 180 days max at any time, and if you're at 150 days you can't add anymore time at all.

Alt Account #2: Days Subscribed 30 (5 Gold Feathers for recruit a friend that subs for a least 30 days). Had to buy another digital copy of XIV for 19.99 and then one more game time card for 29.99 to force the rewards to kick in ASAP so they will count immediately.

Total spent: 79.97
Total Gold Chocobo Feathers that should be in my mailbox in a few hours: 15

TWINTANIA MOUNT HERE I COME!

wYdWchQ.gif

Edit: Oh derp, the translated page says you get feathers just for recruiting a friend. So I guess I didn't need to buy one of those game cards. Oh well, when they expand the program again down the line again, it will pay off.

Sorian

Banned
I read the description. You get 5 per recruited friend who pays a sub. If they don't sub, no bonus - no friendship circlet, no dread choco, and no new gold feathers.

I did this argument earlier from your side. It doesn't say that anywhere.

Obviously they need to pay for the 150 -210 - blah blah aprt but not the initial 5 feathers per account.

Teknoman

It's OK, I have to work tomorrow AND Saturday. I don't even work Saturdays that often but this week I got one so GG employer

I work Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, all 2pm-12am.

Flawless Victory.

FFXIV launcher now says "You can set expansion to install" or something. File size is apparently 10 GB.

And...it's downloading 8.4GB of something. Expansion content I'm assuming. I guess this means expansion preload is live.

edit:
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/f3cbcbf43ab38340cba0dbb539bbbb160ec3ce9d

Gaiz they are implementing "Channels" for expac launch is this a Christmas miracle

Make sure to turn on DX11 in the launcher config.

Twintania mount is the biggest bullshit I've seen in awhile, and I've played F2P MMOs.

Maybe it will end up in the cash shop though, so I don't have to try and sucker friends who I know will hate MMOs into playing one just so I can divebomb people.

Noi

Prob just me, but I find it way easier to get three friends to buy the base game and try out the 30 day free period than get even one person to sub for 90 days for the Draught Chocobo. I'm already one person short of getting the last five feathers even before the announcement.

docbon

\0/

Alt Account #1: Days Subscribed 150 (5 Gold Feathers for recruit a friend, that subs for at least 30 days, 5 for 150 days subbed). Had to buy 1 60 day game card for 29.99 to hit the 150 days because I was already paid for 90 days 4 months ago when I set it up originally and SE could not add time using a credit card until that sub time lapsed). FYI, you can only have 180 days max at any time, and if you're at 150 days you can't add anymore time at all.

Alt Account #2: Days Subscribed 30 (5 Gold Feathers for recruit a friend that subs for a least 30 days). Had to buy another digital copy of XIV for 19.99 and then one more game time card for 29.99 to force the rewards to kick in ASAP so they will count immediately.

Total spent: 79.97
Total Gold Chocobo Feathers that should be in my mailbox in a few hours: 15

TWINTANIA MOUNT HERE I COME!

When we're sitting by the barbeque, old and wrinkled, reminiscing about silly things that we did when we were younger, I will hand you a print out of this post.

Twintania mount is the biggest bullshit I've seen in awhile, and I've played F2P MMOs.

Maybe it will end up in the cash shop though, so I don't have to try and sucker friends who I know will hate MMOs into playing one just so I can divebomb people.

We don't even know if it'll stay unique though. Even if it does, it seems you can get it for like 30bucks if you just buy 3copies of the game when they're on sale for 10$ and "invite" them? That's more than the sleipnir mount, but not by much. Unless I'm misunderstanding the reqs, but it looks like just buying a copy of the game for an invite account would give you 5feathers, up to a maximum of 5accounts. Hell if it works for PS3 invites, I bought my PS3 version a few months back for like 4.5euros, so it'd be even cheaper that way, just need to find some clearance sale on old PS3 versions.

Uthred

So has anyone bit the bullet and bought a ghost account to confirm just the invite gives the feathers? (Though I suppose we cant actually check for another six and a half hours?)

ApharmdX

Banned
I haven't played XIV in a month, been too busy with work. Can I still pre-order and get early access? It looks like my wife and I have a kid-free weekend, and playing XIV might be a good way to spend that weekend.

So, just to be 100% sure.
I used the EA code on my PS4, downloaded the 1.7 GB add on.
Then I logged in and downloaded the 5.7 GB patch.

Am I all set or will I have to download 3.6 GB once I get back home to play?

I'm in the same situation. I'll check before I go to bed to see if there's another 3.6GB to download.

Mature

Anyone who ordered through GMG: Has anyone been emailed their registration code? I have the Early Access code which I put in, but I'm worried that wont be enough to play when it goes up. On the mogstation it says "FFXIV: Heavensward - Early Access Windows(R)", but it's not reflected where it says what versions my account has.

Is anyone getting a system error 20019 when trying to download the expansion? I'm on PS4 and it happens every time at about 30% in the setup for the download

Looking at those datamined spell stats, it seems AST will be the worst healers damage wise, which I find slightly annoying for leveling. You can't rely on cards to make up the difference since most of them don't actually increase damage and you pretty much do less damage than WHM at all levels, which was already kinda crappy. Not the end of the world but the class seems to be heavily balanced around having the card support aspect benefit group members to balance it out, as both their heals and damage is lower than the other healers(not by a lot, but still). I'll miss my SCH leveling, guess I'll really have to spam them dungeons.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Anyone who ordered through GMG: Has anyone been emailed their registration code? I have the Early Access code which I put in, but I'm worried that wont be enough to play when it goes up. On the mogstation it says "FFXIV: Heavensward - Early Access Windows(R)", but it's not reflected where it says what versions my account has.
You're set for early access. It's not reflected on the version graph cause the EA codes are not the full game codes.

EA expires on the 27th so don't worry about it.

suzu

They will send the registration code out around or on release date.

You can play HW.

Early access will end on Saturday, June 27, 2015 at 12:01 a.m. in the time zone for the registered account’s region. Please register the full registration code/promotion code for FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward before this time to continue playing after the Early Access period.

Tabris

Clemency seems OP, am I reading it wrong? It has double the cure potency of Cure II. How much will the MND difference count towards that potency?

Clemency seems OP, am I reading it wrong? It has double the cure potency of Cure II. How much will the MND difference count towards that potency?

It's a huge difference, I don't think it'll heal for that much tbh. I mean look at how much Cure I heals on a paladin versus a WHM, it's like what 300-400 per heal on Cure I, versus like 1500-1600 on a healer, and obviously it's the same potency. So it's like 4times lower let's say, even with the heal having double potency of Cure II, it'll heal for half of Cure II, unless paladin gets a massive mind boost. It's basically a Cure I at healer values or so.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm in the same situation. I'll check before I go to bed to see if there's another 3.6GB to download.
From what I've seen on reddit, we should be fine.
People who got 3.6GB to download were prompted to download a ~2GB patch after that, which would add up to ~5.7GB which we already downloaded.

ApharmdX

Banned
Wow, that's great. I logged in to my account, entered my preorder code, and it went through. I logged out, logged in to my wife's account, entered her code, and it didn't work. Now her code says "already used". Fuuuuu

Please send me a PM if you would like a copy of FFXIV:ARR for Steam.

I've had 2 sitting in my Steam inventory for a long time. Only stipulation is that you need to use the Recruit-a-Friend code that I give you when you register the account.

BadRNG

We don't know the MP cost yet, do we? That will probably be determining factor. Scaling with MND rather than STR would also make it a lot less powerful.

It's also 3s cast so it can be interrupted.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Its only 5 gig? And why do I have to download it, if I haven't bought it yet? Probably won't be buying anytime soon as my highest level character is level 44.

You'll have to be able to see the new playable race, all the new gear, effects, mounts in the areas already accessible to you, that's why everyone's getting the same files.

Sorian

Banned
Its only 5 gig? And why do I have to download it, if I haven't bought it yet? Probably won't be buying anytime soon as my highest level character is level 44.

You will be grouping with the new classes. You will see the new mounts and minions. You will see the new gear. The game has to load all those things.

Teknoman

Yeah I think the actual purchasing of HW is just the key. Everyone has the files, but the key code is what actually unlocks them for you to use.

ApharmdX

Banned
I wonder if I could pre-order the physical copy through Amazon, get the EA code for my wife's account, and then cancel it? Her physical copy is already ordered, so I'll be able to register the full code once we get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom