• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomjom

Banned
Just successfully checked out with Paypal despite not having the money available. Let's hope they hold to their word about not charging until a few days before it ships, otherwise I won't be able to pay rent!

Well Paypal Credit gives you 6 months to pay off anything over $99.

So the assumption is since they're shipping at or after release that the early access code will be sufficient for the first couple weeks?

Grace period iirc for launch was 1week, I'd assume the same. Might have been 2weeks but too lazy to try to find info about it, but yeah there's some time before you have to enter an actual code from the box.

Ceravic

It's like SE doesn't want my money. Trying to pre-order a PC Digital CE and PS4 phsyical CE and it keeps timing me out.

chrono01

I ended up ordering again and this time I got a confirmation email. If I end up with duplicate orders I will demand SE to cancel one of them. It's their fault really for the mess the store is in. I'm sure many will probably end up with more than one copy pre-ordered, what with all of the errors it's giving.

Oh well, at least I have ONE copy pre-ordered and confirmed. Now I can relax a little.

For now.

It's like SE doesn't want my money. Trying to pre-order a PC Digital CE and PS4 phsyical CE and it keeps timing me out.

Why would you do that? You only need to get the CE once as it's tied to your accoun. just get a normal expansion on the other platform

Or are you buying it for someone else

Ceravic

Why would you do that? You only need to get the CE once as it's tied to your accoun. just get a normal expansion on the other platform

Or are you buying it for someone else

I wanted the physical CE, but my disc drive on my PC doesn't work and I haven't honestly used it for years, so I'm forced to get that digital. I also wanted a physical CE and have the regular PS4 version. I'll just give my extra CE item codes from my physical one to my buddy, but I wanted the CE items ASAP for myself when the game comes out.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Like I said I am revising Main Scenario in preparation for 2.55 and HW and once again I have stumbled upon a piece of translation inconsistency that possibly rivals that one concerning Midgardsormr but is not entirely unconnected.

In the story, Iceheart, or rather Priestess of the Frost, appears genuinely angry at the player character and outright calls them blind followers of the will of others that begets war. However, Japanese script characterizes Ysayle a bit differently. She's dumbfounded that her desires and hopes were not enough, and her informing us of the presence of an underlying reason behind the Dragonsong war looks like a plea rather than an angry accusation. Ignoring cheeky unfounded references to "Answers" (in Japanese, it's just a callback to Haydelyn's call of "Hear, Feel, Think" and that's it) it was Ysayle who first relayed to the adventurer that we're to be prepared to fight with our own strengths rather than falling back on the blessing of Hyadelyn, which connects her to Midgardsormr, and this is only passingly implied in English version. Furthermore I don't like how the fact that the player character is a dumb slave to somebody else's will is a persisting narrative in the English script. Regardless of how true that might feel to actual players, this just isn't what they're going for with the Japanese script.

I'm seriously astonished and it seems discrepancies might run far deeper than just "Oh, dragons speak like that, deal with it - Koji, 2015"
While these alterations I see never drastically alter the whole of the story, some of the characterization choices and finer details are definitely questionable.
And I swear if they use the expression "to rise to the chorus" one more time...

iammeiam

I know i'm lttp here angary, but this what I do:

start fight with FOE+BV (riou can't count for shit) let it run out
on 3rd megaflare (when mp is to 720) do paeon. this will go through the first parts of phase two.
recharge mp throughout phase two, and hold it until after divebombs
after divebombs do ballad+bv, untill sins appear, then turn it off. Tira should have 3500 to 4000mp
go through second set of divebombs and as soon as twin appears do FOE until mp is gone, or untill its only pain left.
pop x-ether during TF, and then play it by ear. either recharging mp to max, or do a quick 500mp ballad.
At 10% fuck everything and do foe

Me and moara were synched all through second coil tp-wise but in T10 is where everything got out of wack.
Thanks for this--it's interesting in that I think it's a big diversion from the 'normal' method and normal is borrrrring.

So if I remember the order of and number of things properly (and I might not, it's all a mess in my memory now), HE/B4B/Barrage come up again right before second Earthshaker and would still be running during third Megaflare, with Raging coming up at the tail end of third Mega. Do you just hold them all until P2? I've done that occasionally with HE/etc if I got targeted for Earthshaker and thought we'd push really close to Megaflare, but then I think I wound up with nothing but maybe IR for the second add. I think. I should pay attention maybe.

iammeiam

Amazon is screwing around with their Heavensward preorder pages. CE not up yet, but I'm now getting the option to pick a version.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Like I said I am revising Main Scenario in preparation for 2.55 and HW and once again I have stumbled upon a piece of translation inconsistency that possibly rivals that one concerning Midgardsormr but is not entirely unconnected.

In the story, Iceheart, or rather Priestess of the Frost, appears genuinely angry at the player character and outright calls them blind followers of the will of others that begets war. However, Japanese script characterizes Ysayle a bit differently. She's dumbfounded that her desires and hopes were not enough, and her informing us of the presence of an underlying reason behind the Dragonsong war looks like a plea rather than an angry accusation. Ignoring cheeky unfounded references to "Answers" (in Japanese, it's just a callback to Haydelyn's call of "Hear, Feel, Think" and that's it) it was Ysayle who first relayed to the adventurer that we're to be prepared to fight with our own strengths rather than falling back on the blessing of Hyadelyn, which connects her to Midgardsormr, and this is only passingly implied in English version. Furthermore I don't like how the fact that the player character is a dumb slave to somebody else's will is a persisting narrative in the English script. Regardless of how true that might feel to actual players, this just isn't what they're going for with the Japanese script.

I'm seriously astonished and it seems discrepancies might run far deeper than just "Oh, dragons speak like that, deal with it - Koji, 2015"
While these alterations I see never drastically alter the whole of the story, some of the characterization choices and finer details are definitely questionable.
And I swear if they use the expression "to rise to the chorus" one more time...

Seems Square really likes fucking around with characterizations lately...

Ceravic

PC CE obtained~

Are there any GAF members on Sargatanas that would like to play sometime? :eek:

I'm on Sargatanas. Pat Ceravic is my name!

Still can't get checked out btw. If I get fucked over and don't get a CE because Square can't build a fucking website then I probably will just skip Heavensward.

Cmagus

Have they said that this will be available elsewhere? Shipping is $42.99 and I mean I want that collectors edition but not for $200.00.

kiryogi

Banned
PC CE obtained~

Are there any GAF members on Sargatanas that would like to play sometime? :eek:

Absolutely! I lead the GAF-ish FC on Sargatanas. Eithne Rain is my characters name. I'm usually avaiable in the evenings pacific time. Although, been having PC issues. Dead sticks of RAM, hopefully remedied today.

Ceravic

Absolutely! I lead the GAF-ish FC on Sargatanas. Eithne Rain is my characters name. I'm usually avaiable in the evenings pacific time. Although, been having PC issues. Dead sticks of RAM, hopefully remedied today.

Do you guys have a LS? I have a FC of old friends that I wouldn't ever want to leave but always looking for more LS to connect with people.

kiryogi

Banned
Do you guys have a LS? I have a FC of old friends that I wouldn't ever want to leave but always looking for more LS to connect with people.

Yeah I can get you into our social LS. Which is how we network with folks outside of the FC. GAF or not.

I wanted the physical CE, but my disc drive on my PC doesn't work and I haven't honestly used it for years, so I'm forced to get that digital. I also wanted a physical CE and have the regular PS4 version. I'll just give my extra CE item codes from my physical one to my buddy, but I wanted the CE items ASAP for myself when the game comes out.

What I'm saying is that you only have to get the collectors edition for the ps4 and you'll have the CE items for both pc and ps4 as long as you get a standard Hevansward key for pc. No need to waste an extra 20 bucks if you don't have to.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Holy shit my order finally went through. Hurray for conference calls where i can spam the site!

Ceravic

What I'm saying is that you only have to get the collectors edition for the ps4 and you'll have the CE items for both pc and ps4 as long as you get a standard Hevansward key for pc. No need to waste an extra 20 bucks if you don't have to.

Yeah, I understand that. My problem is that the PS4 physical CE won't come day one since it has to be shipped, and I am an impatient man and will want my CE items ASAP.

Yeah, I understand that. My problem is that the PS4 physical CE won't come day one since it has to be shipped, and I am an impatient man and will want my CE items ASAP.

They'll email you the code. Preordering gives you early access anyways

so wait a second, if you preorder the PC version on the site, it's not the Steam version? Is this right?

Yeah you have to preoder off Steam I believe and it's digital only.

Yeah I think I'm gonna try gamestop/best buy so I won't have to deal with shipping and if they don't have the CE then I'll just get it digitally.

Just a heads up for everyone having trouble with the SE site, my Amazon iOS app just updated with an "Edition" choice. It only has Standard Edition listed but it should soon have the Collectors since it just happened about 30 minutes ago.

They'll email you the code. Preordering gives you early access anyways

Yeah you have to preoder off Steam I believe and it's digital only.

wow this is fucking bullshit

i pre ordered the PC version on the site (BECAUSE IT FUCKING SAYS, "PC DOWNLOAD"), and I just found it's not for Steam.

King_Moc

Banned
wow this is fucking bullshit

i pre ordered the PC version on the site (BECAUSE IT FUCKING SAYS, "PC DOWNLOAD"), and I just found it's not for Steam.

Why would it be for Steam? They had their own non-steam version out a long time before there was a Steam version. You thought they were going to be selling a version that the majority of their customer wouldn't have been able to use? Why?

Why would it be for Steam? They had their own non-steam version out a long time before there was a Steam version. You thought they were going to be selling a version that the majority of their customer wouldn't have been able to use? Why?

idk

all i can hope now is to get a refund. I really don't want to have to buy the game twice just to play Heavensward.

Reading through various forums all day, a lot of people genuinely do not understand how the whole system works with pc/steam/console and the different region locks for codes. I'm sure there are people who think that the physical version for pc actually includes a disc they have to put into their computer when it's just the exact same code you'd get from digital. It's nothing new in the world of mmos/digital games but you can tell a lot of people that play this game don't have a ton of experience with that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom