• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Holy shit GAF was not exaggerating about how awful chapter 13 is. Possibly one of the worst chapters/levels in a game I've ever played. Reminds me of Library in Halo CE.

It's funny. Most people know about it...and you're like, "It can't be that bad." But it is. A handful on here don't seem to mind it. Some even think it fits the narrative perfectly and is a work of art. I tell ya...

CLBridges

Thought I was out of luck on finding another diamond bracelet, but just happened to pickup a treasure spot by daurell and got one. Beat the dungeon, came out and the treasure spot regenerated another one, nice. Is there a strength accessory better than diamond? I'm just playing around with different builds on Noctis to see how OP he can get.

It's funny. Most people know about it...and you're like, "It can't be that bad." But it is. A handful on here don't seem to mind it. Some even think it fits the narrative perfectly and is a work of art. I tell ya...

Wouldn't mind seeing the post that it a perfect & work of art. I do think it fits the narrative though, and isn't that bad. It's even quite good, bar being a bit long (opinions, what are these things!) and if we're going to have a long dungeon, I wouldn't mind it being in the vesperwood or something, one of the really inspired locations visually. You can even see in Steyliff Grove wher ethey planned for it to be more involved, the golden disc switchs on the ground etc, I wish we'd got a bit more of that in dungeons, oppose to just lowering ladders.

Wouldn't mind seeing the post that it a perfect & work of art. I do think it fits the narrative though, and isn't that bad. It's even quite good, bar being a bit long (opinions, what are these things!) and if we're going to have a long dungeon, I wouldn't mind it being in the vesperwood or something, one of the really inspired locations visually.
Chapter 13 is a work of art.

walei

That Talcott is a really likable kid. At first he's just a generic JRPG kid to me but when he chants "cactuar cactuar CACTUAR" he own me over (I'm a huge fan of cactuars too!). I lost it when he did "A Thousand Needles!" on Noctis.

Love it that he keeps all the cactuar figurines in his truck later on!

Have a December Update mini Combo Video (even manage to land a Ramuh combo finish).

I swear there is a change with the combat system and I've been working on it but can't figure out the direct change but I have found alternatives around that. Still enjoying the combat and I'm sure there is more to explore. I have one idea though :)

LotusHD

Banned
That Talcott is a really likable kid. At first he's just a generic JRPG kid to me but when he chants "cactuar cactuar CACTUAR" he own me over (I'm a huge fan of cactuars too!). I lost it when he did "A Thousand Needles!" on Noctis.

Love it that he keeps all the cactuar figurines in his truck later on!

Speaking of which, he had his grandfather's ashes or some shit in that locker, right?

hughesta

Banned
Chapter 9
Leviathan fight
: either I'm missing something or this is the worst thing I've played in years

Didn't last very long but holy shit

ironmang

There's no wait mode in this is there? (wait as in passing time like skyrim) Getting annoyed at trying to catch these "early morning" fish that won't spawn for me if I sleep at camp instead of just idling there for an ingame day while I browse the internet.

Exentryk

Malmalam Thicket is like the intersection of all the biggest combat annoyances I've encountered so far. Wasps (flying enemies in general, but especially wasps), confined spaces, terrible camera angles, chaotic screen effects, etc. I'm certain there's a passage to Blighttown somewhere in here.

Edit: It's not really that bad except a couple of sections, I'm sure it gets worse based on what I've read about later chapters.

Haha. Those fucking wasps are still kicking my ass at level 99.

Get Airdance and Impervious.

https://youtu.be/plVMuU81cWM

MazeHaze

Banned
This game is awesome, played for like 10 hours straight today, and I very rarely play that long. Having a blast.

Do the dungeons get better though?
Just finished the ice one behind the water fall and jesus christ. Everything looks the same, it's super dark, and it s really easy to fall down. Since you can't climb this makes you backtrack pretty far. I got confused for like 10 minutes trying to find where to go.

ironmang

Is there at least a way to tell what time of day it is exactly? Since I need to fast travel to fast forward time it'd be nice to know how much fast traveling I need to do.

ironmang

It says the time in the upper right corner.

Is that 0=midnight and 12=noon? Just trying to fast forward to dawn so I can catch this dumb fish I've been trying to spawn for over an hour. :\

Apparently staying at camp doesn't work since I wake up after dawn. And every time I stay in camp I need to wait for that bozo Gladiolous to try and start a "liege of the lake" pitch that I have to sit through and decline. This is what happens when games are developed in a vacuum.

What's the best way to utilize expericast? Trying to level up efficiently as I try to get through the end of this game relatively quickly. Is it worth it to dump all my coins now? Anything I should be aware of as far as the mechanics of it are concerned?

I've been grinding sidequests for a 20-30k and then going to the hotel at Galdin Quay for 2x XP and I'm sitting at around level 47. This has been alright, but it's still slow.

I figure if I hit 50, I'd be good, but I'd ideally like to be higher level'd to make it easier as the Ravus fight really tested my patience for the battle system in this game.

ramyeon

What's the best way to utilize expericast? Trying to level up efficiently as I try to get through the end of this game relatively quickly. Is it worth it to dump all my coins now? Anything I should be aware of as far as the mechanics of it are concerned?

I've been grinding sidequests for a 20-30k and then going to the hotel at Galdin Quay for 2x XP and I'm sitting at around level 47. This has been alright, but it's still slow.

I figure if I hit 50, I'd be good, but I'd ideally like to be higher level'd to make it easier as the Ravus fight really tested my patience for the battle system in this game.
You will be fine at the level you're at.

If you beat Ravus then the rest of the main story is a piece of cake after that.

ramyeon

Quick yes or no.

Spoilers Chap 13
Is it possible to use my save file to go back to complete everything after AI finished the game or do I have to do new game +? I just discovered the Umbra technique in Chapter 13 and I would like to do it after I finish the story. I am assuming I am approaching the end of the game after reducing Prompto. But I will take advantage of Umbra if I can't do it after the story.
Yes, it's possible.

JayEH

Tips on leveling Gladio's survival skill?

get a rubber band and put it around your sticks and leave your game on for a couple of hours...

This game is awesome, played for like 10 hours straight today, and I very rarely play that long. Having a blast.

Do the dungeons get better though?
Just finished the ice one behind the water fall and jesus christ. Everything looks the same, it's super dark, and it s really easy to fall down. Since you can't climb this makes you backtrack pretty far. I got confused for like 10 minutes trying to find where to go.

i think that's probably the most annoying one. i think the dungeons overall are pretty good.

I finished the game... Not sure I'm up for the post game stuff. I might just sell it and move on.

I LOVED it at one point, but from Chapter 9 onward I slowly lost my enthusiasm.

Deadstar

I finished the game... Not sure I'm up for the post game stuff. I might just sell it and move on.

I LOVED it at one point, but from Chapter 9 onward I slowly lost my enthusiasm.

Do you recommend pushing through the story first and only doing the side content when necessary? I really don't want to burn out doing the side stuff.

Do you recommend pushing through the story first and only doing the side content when necessary? I really don't want to burn out doing the side stuff.

I would. I stopped before chapter 9 and did everything there was to do up until that point.

On the plus side the annoying parts of the story were simple due to my super high level, but on the down side I had no desire to clean up the the end-game only content afterward.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
I don't think there are 80 sidequests in the game if you discount the hunts.

There's well over 100 "blue" sidequests I think. The broken down cars and lost persons quests alone makes 60. Then there's all the NPC questlines, dungeons, Cid weapon upgrades, which all amount to about another 100 "blue" quests. Then there's a dozen or so "green" tour quests.

So yeah. Tons of bloat quests.

JoeNut

Major chapter 9 spoilers

So have i missed something here? Ardyn has been weirdly nice to the party for most of the game, helping us get to titan etc. then he kills luna for seemingly no reason?
what have i missed that explains why he did this?

Gbraga

Major chapter 9 spoilers

So have i missed something here? Ardyn has been weirdly nice to the party for most of the game, helping us get to titan etc. then he kills luna for seemingly no reason?
what have i missed that explains why he did this?

I don't think you missed anything specific, you'll find out soon enough.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Are there any permanently missable items, quests or anything else I should be aware of?

There's a meal that I think can only be eaten in chapter 10, so make sure to camp sometime during it, or you can't complete your food archive.

There's also a quest that involves all the NPC side quest characters. If you haven't accepted the first quest from an NPCs quest line, they will be absent from the quest and you'll miss some dialogue. It'll say "13/14 possible characters have shown up" or something like that, so you'll know. You can't get them all until post game.

That's it I think.

patchday

Barely past Chapter 3.
Supposed to ride to some meteor site with this shader councelor from Niff

Been a fun game but I have no idea how to get Ignis to actually cook. Nor do I know how to make a camp site

On PS4

sackninja

Barely past Chapter 3.
Supposed to ride to some meteor site with this shader councelor from Niff

Been a fun game but I have no idea how to get Ignis to actually cook. Nor do I know how to make a camp site

On PS4

Go to a camp site and select camp. You'll then get the choice of what you want to cook.

Deku Tree

Game wont let me complete the "Berried Memories" side quest. I can't talk to Coctura about it. The quest press x icon just does not pop up no matter what I do.

The side quest are truly so awful, just awful, lazy, no story telling garbage to be honest, 10 yrs in the making to run around and collect onions, berries and....frogs, really.

Top Bottom