• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Is Chapter 8 the last time I can roam free or is it Chapter 7?

Also is there a guide for the optional royal arms locations?/can someone post the nonspoiler version of which ones are not story related. (Just got to the Vesperpool in the start of Chapter 7)

JayEH

I'm having an issue with a trophy, I have max lol 10 cooking but I did not get the trophy? Any ideas?

Uhh maybe reload a save before you hit 10 or check that if maybe unlocked in your profile but didn't pop. Otherwise you're shit out of luck.

Is Chapter 8 the last time I can roam free or is it Chapter 7?

Also is there a guide for the optional royal arms locations?/can someone post the nonspoiler version of which ones are not story related. (Just got to the Vesperpool in the start of Chapter 7)

Chapter 9 you can still free roam if you want and I think there are other save points in the later chapters that let you go back to the open world.

CLBridges

One last trophy to get before platinum and that's fishing. Level 8 after doing some fishing today for a couple hours, pretty relaxing too. I'll finish up tomorrow then start my NG+ low level playthrough this weekend probably.

renzolama

So that diner guy in Old Lestallum... does anyone else think the "Kenny" he's referring to is the nickname he gave his junk? Major creeper vibes. I'm glad I'm finally finished with his hunts.

Seriously, what's the deal with this guy. He looks like a combination of Skullface, The Joker, and one of the hillbillies in Deliverance.

"Kenny and I have been waiting for you"

I don't know what they're waiting for, and I don't want to find out.

N0VAM0D

Okay so I'm up to Chapter 13 now, I'm not finding it as bad as everyone says it is, but it's definitely not good.

What a fucking
emotional whirlwind
those last few chapters have been though. (Chapter 9 onward spoilers)
My heart fucking broke for Noct during that cutscene with Luna, and then when he wakes up to discover she's really dead and Iggy can't see because of his wounds. From that point on I sort of pumped all the way through until chapter 13 and eventually had to put it down because I was just heaps not prepared for all that shit that happens. It's just so heavy and such a stark contrast to the beginning of the game which I found incredibly jarring. Don't get me wrong, I still really love the game, but man it has its issues, particularly regarding its pacing. I feel like it's going to end really soon too which I'm not looking forward to. Ahh.

Loving this game. But what the fuck is wrong with the lock-on?? Even when I use R3 to hard-lock on to a target, it'll randomly disengage whenever. And I hate that there's no visual or audio cue when you use R3.

Fireblend

Banned
Just finished the game after 32 hours. What a ride, yet I am so conflicted about this game... I really didn't hate anything about it (chapter 13 was alright), and the lore and cutscenes and world obviously hint at something grand and profound, and I really, really enjoyed it. But it's so evidently uncohesive and plagued by things to nitpick about that it's kind of hard to focus. I don't regret playing it one bit, but I really hope Squenix get their shit together for XVI, because they've got one hell of a base here. Gotta gather my thoughts I guess.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Loving this game. But what the fuck is wrong with the lock-on?? Even when I use R3 to hard-lock on to a target, it'll randomly disengage whenever. And I hate that there's no visual or audio cue when you use R3.

At some point you need to learn to let go of locking on all the time. The lock on system is too shit right now. I use it for targeting stuff for warps (specific body parts especially) and the armiger thing.

Once you unlock enough stuff on the ascension grid the combat starts coming into its own.

Wait mode helps immensely with managing stuff without always locking.

JoeNut

considering there seems to be no explanation can anyone explain to me what strength and vitality affect? presumably strength = more dmg given and vitality = less dmg taken? in which case is it better to just equip something that gives you more HP in the first place?

also just killed the malboro with ignis in the party, anyone care to tell me what happens if you choose not to take ignis down the mineshaft?

Robiin

I just started the game, it's cool but a little lost regarding some stuff and systems. But I'll figure them out eventually, I like that there are things to figure out. Been needing a game like this since I got done with The Witcher 3.

Just two questions: I'm still in the starting area, and it said that if I move on (with the story) I can't get back here again in a while. Anything that I "should" do before leaving? I have finished a few hunts and explored a little bit. Remember reading a tip some time ago about a Bio blaster weapon so I picked that up. Which brings me to my second question: I am now in the cave that is by this weapon, and ran into a dead end. A locked door that says "Royal Tomb". Should I search for a key or something, or just leave it for now?

Thanks!

Twookie

I just started the game, it's cool but a little lost regarding some stuff and systems. But I'll figure them out eventually, I like that there are things to figure out. Been needing a game like this since I got done with The Witcher 3.

Just two questions: I'm still in the starting area, and it said that if I move on (with the story) I can't get back here again in a while. Anything that I "should" do before leaving? I have finished a few hunts and explored a little bit. Remember reading a tip some time ago about a Bio blaster weapon so I picked that up. Which brings me to my second question: I am now in the cave that is by this weapon, and ran into a dead end. A locked door that says "Royal Tomb". Should I search for a key or something, or just leave it for now?

Thanks!

just leave it for now, you'll get the key later

xero273

what are most ppl averaging for the ap farming method. videos say 1200-1500 per hour, but i feel like i'm getting more of 1k since they usually don't like to spawn close to each other for me and then i have to leave the area when it is night

I hate C
ostlemark
T
ower
right now.

I managed to trigger a bug with the animation of a
Red Iron Giant
while trying to fight two of them and it became stuck perpetually
doing the gravity lure attack that is no longer scripted to end
, basically rendering the battle unwinnable because there's no way to escape it.

demu

So that diner guy in Old Lestallum... does anyone else think the "Kenny" he's referring to is the nickname he gave his junk? Major creeper vibes. I'm glad I'm finally finished with his hunts.
That's Kenny:

14591082_903901456411336_8722843128068833280_n.jpg
Kenny Crow. He's the mascot of the Crow's Nest.

Gbraga

I hate C
ostlemark
T
ower
right now.

I managed to trigger a bug with the animation of a
Red Iron Giant
while trying to fight two of them and it became stuck perpetually
doing the gravity lure attack that is no longer scripted to end
, basically rendering the battle unwinnable because there's no way to escape it.

Can you leave the aggro range? If you can, hit R3 and leave the dungeon. The monsters won't respawn. Save, reload your save and go back.

Can you leave the aggro range? If you can, hit R3 and leave the dungeon. The monsters won't respawn. Save, reload your save and go back.
Even if it was a battle that allowed that, the problem is that the bug created an inescapable infinite with no hope of doing anything other than dying.

Need some help, GAF:

How possible is it to power through the main story if you set the difficulty to easy? I think I'm level 25 at the beginning of Chapter 5. Is there anything I should focus on to make it more possible to just focus on the story?

Need some help, GAF:

How possible is it to power through the main story if you set the difficulty to easy? I think I'm level 25 at the beginning of Chapter 5. Is there anything I should focus on to make it more possible to just focus on the story?

Make some expericast magic. Just cast it on some soldiers multiple times. Get XP. Sell all your items to make £10k and just level to 40ish. Should be a breeze to get through just the story then.

I enjoy the dungeons in terms of gameplay but I have no idea why they decided to make them so drab visually. So strange considering how much time and effort they require, yet the whole time you just have to look at ugly wet greyness.

Branson

Is it worth it to watch the movie before going into this? Still haven't started it yet because I was gonna borrow the blu ray from my friend (got the game for Christmas) but haven't had the chance to yet.

After finishing chapter 13 last night
NdoIm7.gif

Whoever came up with that idea and whoever played and thought that it was fine should be shot. Unnecessary padding since they knew the game was short.

Is it worth it to watch the movie before going into this? Still haven't started it yet because I was gonna borrow the blu ray from my friend (got the game for Christmas) but haven't had the chance to yet.
Yes, watch Kingsglave and Brotherhood. It adds a lot more story and is very well done.

RDreamer

Yes, you pretty much need to watch both Kingsglaive and Brotherhood.

So, despite my reservations, I want to watch Kingsglaive before I finish this thing. However, I'm only seeing it as a purchase for $8 on every service. Is it rentable anywhere? I can't even find it via Redbox.

I think I'm done with this game tbh. 42h in on this save (I had 20 on a previous save but lost it due to switching regions) and chapter 7 but I think I'm over it. It was really good though and really fun and beautiful.

What's stopping you from continuing?
I just feel... content? If that makes sense. Like I don't really have any desire to see the story to the end because I don't think it's very good, and I would rather not slog through it when I've had my fill of the gameplay and world already. I have so many other games to catch up on, too :)

I just feel... content? If that makes sense. Like I don't really have any desire to see the story to the end because I don't think it's very good, and I would rather not slog through it when I've had my fill of the gameplay and world already. I have so many other games to catch up on, too :)

I can't remember what chapter it is, but Altissa is very pretty set to explore. It's just a city, but it was a joy to walk around. I'd quit there if you were going to. It's really not worth it after that if you're content.

I went back to grind because I was stuck on the Chapter 13 boss. Which stat should I raise for 99 AP in Ascension: Vitality or Health II?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
After finishing chapter 13 last night
NdoIm7.gif

Whoever came up with that idea and whoever played and thought that it was fine should be shot. Unnecessary padding since they knew the game was short.
Yup, i couldnt believe it.
At least the chapter ending was ok.

But the actual gameplay? Almost ruined the game for me.
I actually changed the difficulty to easy not because it was challing but because i wanted to end it faster.

bumpkin

This might be a dumb question, but I hope someone can explain it... How does HP loss and recovery work, exactly?

I was playing through a dungeon in chapter 3 last night, and going in, I had 666 HP at full health. As I progressed through the dungeon, my total HP that I could recover through potions and the like kept dropping. I think by the time I finished the area (by the skin of my teeth), I was only at like 230 some-odd HP and couldn't recover anymore than that.

When I went back to the town and stayed at an Inn, I was back at max (over 666 HP).

I haven't been using any of the special weapons from the tombs yet.

Fireblend

Banned
This might be a dumb question, but I hope someone can explain it... How does HP loss and recovery work, exactly?

I was playing through a dungeon in chapter 3 last night, and going in, I had 666 HP at full health. As I progressed through the dungeon, my total HP that I could recover through potions and the like kept dropping. I think by the time I finished the area (by the skin of my teeth), I was only at like 230 some-odd HP and couldn't recover anymore than that.

When I went back to the town and stayed at an Inn, I was back at max (over 666 HP).

I haven't been using any of the special weapons from the tombs yet.

Whenever your "current" HP drops to zero from receiving damage, as in 0/1000, you enter danger state, and your max HP will begin to drop, instead of getting a game over. If your max HP drops to 0, it's game over. When you use a potion to recover from danger (or a teammate helps you), your max HP will be set to wherever it was, depending on how long it took you to use the potion or get help. The only way to replenish max HP is by using Elixirs, Phoenix Downs or resting.

getting hit by demons reduces your maximum hp

dungeons are full of demons

Bladelaw

Couple questions for those that finished:
I'm 4 trophies away from the plat, Fishing (need 3 ranks), Cooking (need 1 rank), Survival (Need 1 rank), and
kill the adamantoise
. How painful is it to max out fishing and survival at this point?

Regarding the hidden doors in dungeons
I'm level 87 and cleared the first two menaces relatively easily, From here it looks like the levels jump up dramatically. Should I expect the same style of slog from floor to floor killing enemies till I fight a super boss at the end? If so should I prep by hitting level 99 I have the materials to do the expericast trick if needed? And is it all worth it?

hampig

It seems like 50% of the time I'm unable to use items. I'll heal Noctis up to about half health, and then after a few seconds try to use another potion to get him up to full and it wont let me select Noctis, but it will let me select other members. Even after minutes things stay this way. Why is that?

komplanen

I bought FFXV digitally 5 hours ago and I'm not even 50% done downloading it. Also the game didn't let me do anything but fight endless goblins after the initial download finished.

Digital gaming on a Sony platform in 2017 is really something.

Top Bottom