• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Ferr986

Is it necessary to unlock some dungeon or something?

Nah just a very good accesory but not needed, it drops from
Lvl 99 Angelus robots that drops from those Niff Airships. If you want to farm it the camp north on Hammerhead has a spawn (not 100% spawn). The drop rate is abyssmal and you need to be pretty OP to kill him easily. It's the hardest open world boss.

Exentryk

Do you have the Key of Prosperity from the Holiday Pack+ as that increase rare item drop rate

I don't. Not sure that would have helped anyway coz the this enemy has a 100% drop rate already.

Is it necessary to unlock some dungeon or something?

No. It's just the best accessory in the game, so quite useful to get it before starting any post game activities. It only has a drop rate of 5% though, so I gave up after I got one and continued on. But I'm back for some more now before the final few dungeons.

Liking the game far more than expected. At end of Chapter 13, which has not been nearly as bad as claimed. Game has had some emotionally effecting setpieces, after which it is nice to indulge the late-game mechanic
of heading back to Lucis/etc and cruise around the country again

Battle system remains fun and despite not having a large number of them I love it when the summons arrive. Somehow in the overall art and presentation they managed to make it feel and look right when
fighting realistic snake Midgardsomr in a National Park, then seeing my first summon of lovely Shiva mid-battle

Looking forward to a first finish tonight.

Exentryk

The gravity sphere looks real nice in the open.

giphy.gif

I don't. Not sure that would have helped anyway coz the this enemy has a 100% drop rate already.

No. It's just the best accessory in the game, so quite useful to get it before starting any post game activities. It only has a drop rate of 5% though, so I gave up after I got one and continued on. But I'm back for some more now before the final few dungeons.

I keep trying to kill the mech that carries that and can't even dent it with summons. Wtf do I need to do here?

Exentryk

I keep trying to kill the mech that carries that and can't even dent it with summons. Wtf do I need to do here?

Spec yourself for lots of STR. Then get Ignis to give you 2 or 3 DIFFERENT elemental enhancements. Use a Power EX item for even more STR.
Then, attack his rocket launcher when he uses it as it becomes vulnerable to damage then. Can also attack the circular part on its right hand when it uses that ground electrical attack. Other than that, only attack his face with Zwill Crossblades or Star of the Rogue or with Armiger. Fights should take around 2-5 mins depending on how lucky you get with your elemental buffs and his attack sequences.

There is a way to cheaply fight it by dying and getting the carbuncle buff which increases STR alot. Once you get that buff, and some Ignis enhancements, a single Armiger to the face can kill it.

Edit: Video of Carbuncle method (shown after Carbuncle revives you):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zkq2U_7MXA

Gbraga

Nah just a very good accesory but not needed, it drops from
Lvl 99 Angelus robots that drops from those Niff Airships. If you want to farm it the camp north on Hammerhead has a spawn (not 100% spawn). The drop rate is abyssmal and you need to be pretty OP to kill him easily. It's the hardest open world boss.

Christ. I'll fight the boss just for the challenge, but I'm definitely not farming this. >_<

I hope I won't regre it when I do the sealed dungeons.

GeeTeeCee

I just watched Kingsglaive. I feel a little weird about the fact that (vague film and Chapter 1 spoilers)
while there's a bunch of people fighting in a brutal battle to save a city from an invading army, Noctis and co are spending their time fishing, taking selfies and downing Cup Noodles with barely a care in the world.

The shift in tone between the two properties is strange. Would've liked to see a little more of the Kingsglaive stuff in the game itself.

Deku Tree

See video in post above you. You need to finish the game first though.

So you just stand near the camping spot near hammerhead and wait for drop ships to show up and then take them out and hope that RNG sends the MA-X Angelus-0 mech out of the drop ship?

Deku Tree

Uh oh I am also having the same quest bug with the "A Meat Most magnificent" side quest. Standing in front of the guy and the quest prompt will not pop up. Walking to every side. The only prop is to "talk" which doesn't help advance the quest.

The side quests are beginning to genuinely wear on me. I had one yesterday where I had to find and disarm animal traps. Like, legit Wile E. Coyote bear trap looking things. The weird shadows during certain times of day made them virtually invisible. I couldn't fucking believe what I was doing.

Tell me: if I switch the difficulty to easy will I basically be able to power my way through the story?

Nightz

Uh oh I am also having the same quest bug with the "A Meat Most magnificent" side quest. Standing in front of the guy and the quest prompt will not pop up. Walking to every side. The only prop is to "talk" which doesn't help advance the quest.
Did you pick up the bounty for the monster you have to kill for meat?

Deku Tree

Did you pick up the bounty for the monster you have to kill for meat?

Yes I picked up the bounty and I killed the monster and now I am standing in front of the counter where the quest marker is and the quest tells me to obtain the brisket but all I get is a talk icon and no quest icon. And there is no brisket on the menu. I also went and slept overnight just in case that would help.

I will next try to eat everything on the menu to see if that helps.

Nightz

Yes I picked up the bounty and I killed the monster and now I am standing in front of the counter where the quest marker is and the quest tells me to obtain the brisket but all I get is a talk icon and no quest icon. And there is no brisket on the menu. I also went and slept overnight just in case that would help.

I will next try to eat everything on the menu to see if that helps.

You have to do the hunt a few times to actually get the meat to drop. Apparently the drop rate on it is low. I ran into the same problem.

Ingeniero

So you just stand near the camping spot near hammerhead and wait for drop ships to show up and then take them out and hope that RNG sends the MA-X Angelus-0 mech out of the drop ship?
Yes, first you'll get a lvl 76 robot called Patria, keep fighting ships and the Angelus will show up.
Zwill blades, enhancent and dps items will do the trick.
Good thing is that every fight will make you stronger since you always get at least the Magitek suit V1 which is a great accessory.
Keep trying until the V2 drops.
Then do all over again until you have 8 suits.
Equip Ribbons on every character and 2 Magitek suits V2 on each guy.
Win the game, GG.

Exentryk

Reload your save if you don't get the Angelus. This saves your useful crit buff for Angelus only. It is a little tedious, but it's the fastest way.

Can you switch back and forth between easy and normal difficulty? I am in chapter 15. Is there any drawback to doing it?

You can switch anytime with no drawbacks.

Deku Tree

Yes, first you'll get a lvl 76 robot called Patria, keep fighting ships and the Angelus will show up.
Good thing is that every fight will make you stronger since you always get at least the Magitek suit V1 which is a great accessory.
Win the game, GG.

Then I can't do this:

Ultimadrago

Win the game, GG.

Where can you get Ribbons casually? Only place I know of so far is the Ascencion Coin Trader. (Currently in Ch. 10)

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I have one treasure in Crestholm Channels I can't seem to find out how to get. It's at the area where there is two ladders you can't put down and it is on the right side ladder. Apparently whereever leads there I haven't done.

Win the game, GG.
Assuming (extremely generously) that it takes a total of 5 minutes to spawn and kill an Angelus, and an average of 20 fights to get the V2 Suit, that's still 13 hours of farming to get 8 of the accessory. Gross. And the total time to spawn and kill it is really closer to ten minutes than it is to five, so realistically you need to nearly double that amount of time.

I'm a huge completionist but this is like an awful cross between Trapezohedron farming and Pink Tail farming. No thanks. I'll wait for the fairly inevitable better equipment and/or postgame power boosts that are gonna come with future DLC. When these rewards stop being a measure of how skillfully you can do things or how powerful you are and become 100% about how much time you can dump into the game, they cease to be a good reward IMO.

komplanen

How's this game for a completionist? I've seen pictures of the map and I'm wondering if the locations of items show up in-game? Are there achievements that require multiple playthroughs? Are there secrets that can be missed and turn unobtainable after you leave an area?

How's this game for a completionist? I've seen pictures of the map and I'm wondering if the locations of items show up in-game? Are there achievements that require multiple playthroughs? Are there secrets that can be missed and turn unobtainable after you leave an area?

It's pretty solidly designed for completionists. As far as I know, outside of a single food item in chapter 10, nothing is missable, and nothing requires a second playthrough.

Deku Tree

There is a ton of stuff to do after you beat the game. It's huge. A lot of it is MMO style quests but there are also lots of amazing dungeons etc. And nothing is missable. Nothing requires multiple playthrough.

Edit

It's pretty solidly designed for completionists. As far as I know, outside of a single food item in chapter 10, nothing is missable, and nothing requires a second playthrough.

What food item? I probably missed it.

komplanen

There is a ton of stuff to do after you beat the game. It's huge. A lot of it is MMO style quests but there are also lots of amazing dungeons etc. And nothing is missable. Nothing requires multiple playthrough.

Thanks! I might get this game because I really want to play a JRPG right now. Also I kinda want a game with moderate to high amounts of farming / grinding / kill quests so I have something fun to do while listening to podcasts.

Deku Tree

I want to unlock Carbuncle in my game. But it doesn't seem to be unlocked. Even though I played through the platinum demo.

How does my game know that I already played through the Platinum Demo?

I have a tech video here on how you can passive blink. This should help.

I want to unlock Carbuncle in my game. But it doesn't seem to be unlocked. Even though I played through the platinum demo.

How does my game know that I already played through the Platinum Demo?

You need to be playing on Easy, have all Allies knocked out, then have Noctis knocked out and down on life (where you need to use a Phoenix Down). Carbuncle will auto summon for you.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Finally got the item. Got to the ledge by jumping and pressing attack right near the ledge. Took a lot of tries. Finally found the place where I was supposed to go to get there.

Top Bottom