• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

RiggyRob

Cheers Deku Tree - not quoting as I don't want to reveal the spoiler. Good to hear we can't really miss anything, I'm not bothered about trophies or meal recipes, but boss fights/quests would be annoying they could be missed.

Is the postgame similar to Bravely Default's then? I remember them adding L99 boss fights that were almost impossible to defeat without using Summons or cheesy strategies.

Deku Tree

Cheers Deku Tree - not quoting as I don't want to reveal the spoiler. Good to hear we can't really miss anything, I'm not bothered about trophies or meal recipes, but boss fights/quests would be annoying they could be missed.

Is the postgame similar to Bravely Default's then? I remember them adding L99 boss fights that were almost impossible to defeat without using Summons or cheesy strategies.

there are lvl 99 boss fights. A lvl 99 dungeon where you can't use items. Some lvl 110 or lvl 120 boss enemy hunts.

Sagely

I almost never do post-game content, but dammit I just can't get this one out of my head. The open world is such a joy to be in and the ending is still heavily impressed in my mind. Problems aside, I appreciated how uncomplicated the story was. The bros are the most "real" and mature feeling JRPG party I've encountered in a long time and not a single character grated on me (there's usually at least one).

I'll try to stop after getting the plat and focus on other games, because I want it to feel fresh when I go back for an English VO NG+ after the story patch comes out. Presumably this will take several months to a year; I'd also be all over a Director's Cut or GOTY edition.

The chapter 13 boss fight
(Ravus Aeterna)
theme is such a banger. Music in this game is amongst the best in the series IMO.

Never played a FF game before but I've been having fun with XV. I prefer the boy-band road trip feel the game had early on, as the later stuff got a bit too "epic" and lore-heavy for me, but I didn't despise chapter 13 like I thought I would. It was staggeringly amateurish, but I've dealt with worse.

So, now I'm in the postgame trying to get the platinum. I'm at lvl 63 and am still using the Engine Blade III for Noctis, with the Katana of the Warrior and the Shield of Just being equipped purely for the stat buffs. Is that a good idea or are there better alternatives that are easy to come across?

Outside of getting Noctis to lvl 10 fishing and running around everywhere in order to level Gladious' survival skill up, I just need to do the optional dungeons for the 13 royal arms, and defeat
the giant turtle boss
. Any tips on how I should go about all this? What types of battle gear/strategies would you recommend for most of this? Should I bother grinding for levels or ascension points? Any quests that I should look into?

I made this post earlier and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice. I feel kind of lost as to what I should do next. I don't really play almost any RPGs and the postgame is a lot to take in.

Also, where can I buy Mega Potions and other great healing items. I know I've bought them before but I forgot what shop(s) have them for sale. I can't find any that do.

Deku Tree

Ah right, so it's the grinding that takes up to 200 hours then?

I didn't think you'd be able to go above level 99 to be honest.

You can't go above lvl 99
but enemies can go higher. To me it doesn't feel like grinding. A lot of sidequests. Some grindy stuff that I won't do like killing a hard enemy over and over for a 5% chance at the best end game suit. I only listed a small sample of end game stuff. There is a trick with expericast spells to get you a lot of exp very fast. Enough to get most of the way to 99. Just doing sidequests and dungeons and using exp multipliers gets you to 99 fast.
. I don't think I'll spend more than 110 or 120 hours playing. Maybe 200 hours would introduce a lot of grind.

I made this post earlier and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice. I feel kind of lost as to what I should do next. I don't really play almost any RPGs and the postgame is a lot to take in.

Also, where can I buy Mega Potions and other great healing items. I know I've bought them before but I forgot what shop(s) have them for sale. I can't find any that do.
You use what weapons work best for you unless you really really want stat boots so I can't really help ya there.

Mega potions can't be bought your best bets are elixir and high potions.

Hunts are your friends along with crafting exp spells and the Altissia 3x exp hotel for 30,000.

Vesperia lvls up Noctis fishing level the quickest get a couple of the best lines the Dragonbeard and catch versper gars and golden catfish.

Hope I helped a bit

You use what weapons work best for you unless you really really want stat boots so I can't really help ya there.

Hunts are your friends along with crafting exp spells and the Altissia 3x exp hotel for 30,000.

Vesperia lvls up Noctis fishing level the quickest get a couple of the best lines the Dragonbeard and catch versper gars and golden catfish.

Hope I helped a bit
The main restaurant in Altissia has a dish that grants 100% more EXP as well

I could have sworn I bought some a while ago but I guess I just picked some up and didn't notice. :p

Unfortunately, I sold quite a few debased items as well as a few rare coins beofre I knew their purpose. I assume there's no easy way to reclaim any of those items...

What lures attract vesper gars and golden catfish? I've done the fishing sidequest already but it's been awhile.

O right yea but if their ignis is lvl 9 in cooking they should have it as well

Yeah, I already have that meal.

Thanks for the reply! It's just so daunting, lol.

Philia

Are you talking about Costlemark Tower? Man I was all the way at the end of that one but had to leave because I couldn't figure out the elevator room or whatever it was.

When you use the glowing key platforms there's actually four more in the four corners. You had to lower them all in certain order. Then you warp back out and do it again with a different block platform to lower. The hard part is fighting those damn boss battles EACH TIME with increasing difficulty.
I had to leave to restock my curatives. I didn't want to waste my GOOD ones (megaelixirs and etc).

Are you talking about Costlemark Tower? Man I was all the way at the end of that one but had to leave because I couldn't figure out the elevator room or whatever it was.

No, the other one. pitioss.

This place is rough, and painful.
just activated a spinning drum thing and now I'm just standing here falling off things and missing jumps.

Just watched a video. I don't even want to attempt this place. Just looks not fun at all. Guess I'm not gonna platinum FF15.

So, is there any way of knowing what fish show up in what pools of water? How do most of these lures help me if I don't know when I should try using them?

Durden77

So I have to go back to work tomorrow and I've gotten so into this game that I want a FF mobile game to play at work.

Any suggestions? It seems to be between Record Keeper, Mobius, or Brave Exodus or whatever it's called. And are the FFXV crew in any of them?

Philia

So, is there any way of knowing what fish show up in what pools of water? How do most of these lures help me if I don't know when I should try using them?

Most of the pools had a signpost with a note on the back but they usually just say a couple or three fish "and more!" :\ Its the most frustrating part besides finicky fish that don't like certain lures. Thankfully there's good guides out there now to try your hand at it.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
FW2I3bd.gif

komplanen

Finished the game for the first time.

Some short and simple thoughts:

• Story is way too fragmented
  • I had trouble following the narrative ("Why? Who? What?")
  • The four main characters are really well written
  • Epic battles with summons are awesome
  • Combat system is pretty good
  • FF7:Remake hope restored

Just finished the
post-game platforming ruins
. I have NO idea what on earth they were thinking when they made that but it was less painful than what I was fearing. I've heard some say it's a multi-hour gauntlet but I got all the noteworthy items in their in around an hour. Pretty painless but I can understand if people
not used to platformers
had a lot of trouble. There's nothing else like it in the game (at least not from what I've played and seen) so it really comes out of nowhere and comes off like a terribly designed student project or something.

Here is a complete list. https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/5h8kff/complete_list_of_fish_locations_and_effective/

It may have some mild location name spoilers if you haven't finished the main game.
There are other guides if you google around.

Thanks! I already finished the game a couple days ago.

Holy fuck, lol!

ViciousDS

Banned
Anyone see the glitch video where you can glitch out of the restricted area and explore insomnia? It's absolutely fucking massive and there was no way in hell the devs were ever going to realize that dream.

Insomnia's size if it came to reality in what your able to see once glitches out would be the size of the world map. The size of insomnia on the map itself when you see it in game is nowhere even close to how big it truly is even with placeholder stuff in the very far distance. The city is an absolute fucking giant

Anyone see the glitch video where you can glitch out of the restricted area and explore insomnia? It's absolutely fucking massive and there was no way in hell the devs were ever going to realize that dream.

Insomnia's size if it came to reality in what your able to see once glitches out would be the size of the world map. The size of insomnia on the map itself when you see it in game is nowhere even close to how big it truly is even with placeholder stuff in the very far distance. The city is an absolute fucking giant
I dunno, if GTA games are possible I think it's theoretically possible to make an FF game on that kind of scale.

I was doing Costlemark dungeon on Sunday to get the final royal weapon. I fought the 2 Red Giants and the stupid Medusa bitch without curling into a ball and crying. I thought i'd take a break prior to fighting the boss so i put the PS4 in rest mode.

I come back to see my girlfriend ejected the disk and put on an exercise DVD. Feels bad man.

Anyway. I thought i'd do it again tonight but apparently you can avoid the red giants and snake bitch all together? I just did the "puzzle" wrong. Can anyone tell me the correct way to do this? I looked at the IGN guide for it and it basically says you have to do all 4 corners to progress. I don't have that fight in me again.

After collecting the final royal weapon I will only have the character skills to achieve for a Platinum Trophy which i'll save for NG+. I wish they'd allow us to reset certain aspect on NG+. Ideally i'd only like to retain stock items and Ascension levels. I don't see any point playing an RPG without experience gain.

Cappa

Banned
Out of curiosity... has anyone experienced game crashes while playing this on PS4? Its happened to me twice now....

Deku Tree

Omg these hunts are such a grind! I'm lvl 99 and I spend 90 percent of the time traveling to the hunt. Then each fight takes 2 seconds. Hunter rank 7 now rip

Zoe

This game is so, so good.

1) the Griffon hunt was pretty damn amazing. I platinumed Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen so I know a good Griffon combat when I see it and FF15's is pretty good. The bastard picked me up and went to the sky... I was thinking as fast as I can and hoped he would drop be for massive damage - yup, he did, so I warped out at the last moment.

Fuck that hunt. I've already reloaded 6 or 7 times to get the feather and still no dice :mad:

I almost never do post-game content, but dammit I just can't get this one out of my head. The open world is such a joy to be in and the ending is still heavily impressed in my mind. Problems aside, I appreciated how uncomplicated the story was. The bros are the most "real" and mature feeling JRPG party I've encountered in a long time and not a single character grated on me (there's usually at least one).

Yeah they really feel like long-time known bros. The chemistry between them is fantastic, one of the best if not BEST in the series (Laguna in FF8 comes to mind).

Some of the dialogues and actions that you witness can only happen in such close relationships (male to male) after many years of living close together. They nailed it.

I really dislike Ignis voice in english version - he has a much better (more fitting) one in japanese original.

JoeNut

so im on Chapter 12..and dreading going into chapter 13.
im just at the train station with blind ignis and presuming it's gonna take me into chapter 13 so i've umbra'd back to do some hunts and stuff.
I've really enjoyed the game up to this point, and don't want 13 to spoil the whole thing for me..should i press on or just stay in the bliss of open world and await a patch that might never come?

Ruff

Just do it. It's awfulness is overblown by GAF, still a crap chapter but it ain't gonna change anything worth a damn from the patches they have planned.

so im on Chapter 12..and dreading going into chapter 13.
im just at the train station with blind ignis and presuming it's gonna take me into chapter 13 so i've umbra'd back to do some hunts and stuff.
I've really enjoyed the game up to this point, and don't want 13 to spoil the whole thing for me..should i press on or just stay in the bliss of open world and await a patch that might never come?

I think the end of the game is good enough to soldier through Chapter 13. Immediately starting at the end of Chapter 13 to the end of the game is neat stuff, I think.

N0VAM0D

Finished the game the other night! I got a bit too emotional and tears were definitely had. I might keep playing this save just for fun, but I'm gonna do a full replay and platinum run once the patches and DLC have arrived (I should have a Pro by then, too).

I really dislike Ignis voice in english version - he has a much better (more fitting) one in japanese original.

I went on YouTube to listen to his voice in English out of curiosity and I sorta wish I hadn't, hahahah. It's so strange and just doesn't sound right at all. His Japanese voice however, is faaaantastic.

Just reached (Chapter 8 spoilers)
Altissia
. I'm level 45.

I plan on exploring a bit then getting right down to brass tacks and powering through to the end. Given my current level and place in the story, how long should this take?

JoeNut

Altissia
. I'm level 45.

I plan on exploring a bit then getting right down to brass tacks and powering through to the end. Given my current level and place in the story, how long should this take?

well for comparison im chapter 12 and level 38, so you should smash through it up until at least where i am

N0VAM0D

Altissia
. I'm level 45.

I finished the game on something around level 45, you've got nothing to worry about!

What level should I be for Costlemark Tower? I'm level 53, and on chapter 12. I want to finish all of the Armiger dungeons before I finish the story, but the one time I went into Costlemark at level 50, I got my ass handed to me on the second fight. Any tips? I'm running out of sidequests and other dungeons to do, so leveling has slowed down big time post-50.

What level should I be for Costlemark Tower? I'm level 53, and on chapter 12. I want to finish all of the Armiger dungeons before I finish the story, but the one time I went into Costlemark at level 50, I got my ass handed to me on the second fight. Any tips? I'm running out of sidequests and other dungeons to do, so leveling has slowed down big time post-50.
I beat it at level 42.
The most general tip is that most of the enemy encounters won't respawn, so it doesn't have to be done in one go.

I could write more in-depth tips on some of the enemies, too, if you or anyone needs it.

Ambitious

I had planned to do as many sidequests as possible, if not all of them, but after spending a few hours doing them in the Duscae region in chapter 3, I'm really sick of them. They're just so uninspired and repetitive.

Hi,
I'm Lv 1 chapter 6 ( I have a few questions)

is the sound glitched -sometimes after I turn on the walking MP3 player then return to normal music, the music volume seems to be lower ( I have to go back to title and load to fix it)

titan's gaia wrath does no damage on my game ( it never kills anything) not even a basic garulla , glitch? or summon damage scales depending on my level?

I've picked up this golden shiny item off the floor near the top part of the farm in saxham outpost but the shiny golden spot never disappears?
228px-Oric1_Map.png

Top Bottom