• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Not loving this so far.... I guess I just don't understand it and I've played every mainline final fantasy... For example... Trying to kill some stupid beast called deadeye. It tells me to use fire to ignite barrels? How? The game never explained any of this shit and just throws me in a boss battle assuming I know wtf it's talking about with using fire?
You skipped the tutorial then?

Hard to blame the game for that.

So, Ardyn was all, "follow me to my car," and then it was all dramatic, and then Ignis pulls me aside to look at a poster for pickles.

Also, I left that dude waiting by his car and went to do sidequests. Fuck that guy. I saw Kingsglaive.

Astral

Having to grind to get any decent AP is such fucking bullshit. After an hour and a half of playing I made like 25 AP playing through a dungeon like a normal person. But nah if I wanna make anything halfway decent I gotta spam the same attack over and over on some level 1 dogs. So fun.

Having to grind to get any decent AP is such fucking bullshit. After an hour and a half of playing I made like 25 AP playing through a dungeon like a normal person. But nah if I wanna make anything halfway decent I gotta spam the same attack over and over on some level 1 dogs. So fun.

Quest completion reeeeeeally should award AP instead of EXP. Like, a quest giving 500 EXP giving 5 AP instead (and so on, so quests giving 10,000 EXP give 100 AP instead) would actually be extremely fair. It'd be much better incentive to actually do sidequests, too.

Can't even imagine how barren the AP must have been for folks that didn't have access to the fanfares.

joe2187

Banned
Went through the 4th path in Costlemark and got 3 red giants and a naga again?

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Welcome to the worst dungeon in the game!

P.S.: Go through the last maze again and make a different choice to advance to the final area. Everytime you fuck up and go back to that room...you'll have to face them again.

Sagely

Went through the 4th path in Costlemark and got 3 red giants and a naga again?

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
It's easy to miss, sadly. Spoilered the solution:

The
South-West
switch has a point in its labyrinth where you can
take two directions (South or East). The South path takes you back to the Red Giants room, but the East path leads you to the end.

I found this out the hard way ;( and I am never going back to Costlemark, even for hunts.

Edit: beaten.

Vashetti

Banned
1.04 notes

• Commencement of the Moogle Chocobo Carnival, a limited-time event
  • New events and photo frames for players who have purchased the Season Pass or downloaded the Holiday Pack
  • New photo mode allowing players to take in-game snapshots
  • Various bug fixes
Updated saves will not work on the former version of the game

Noctis can take pictures now, but you're still capped at 150 photos

giphy.gif

P.S.: Go through the last maze again and make a different choice to advance to the final area. Everytime you fuck up and go back to that room...you'll have to face them again.

The
South-West
take two directions (South or East). The South path takes you back to the Red Giants room, but the East path leads you to the end.

I found this out the hard way ;( and I am never going back to Costlemark, even for hunts.

Yeah I beat it and got my last royal arm.

Jesus that place was terrible.

The electric bomb enemies were probably even worse than all those boss enemies though. Wtf were they thinking?

putermcgee

I think it was only 2.5 GB on PS4. It was fairly small
Weird. Only 2.097GB on mine, but it was telling me I didn't have enough free space when I had over 15GB free. I ended up deleting Let It Die since it's like 30GB on its own (and I never got around to playing it), and then it finally started the download.

Ricker

lol Carnival is awesome...

I'm stupid. In Special do I pick my main save file or an empty save file? I'm worried about overwriting anything!

I had 2 auto saves,which where my latest main saves that I could not save over...just choose a new slot or an old manual save but that manual save will be the Carnival after.

stlobus

I'm stupid. In Special do I pick my main save file or an empty save file? I'm worried about overwriting anything!

I saved my carnival progress over my main manual save. When I went back to Load Game I was exactly where I had left off in the main game but had my carnival spoils.

ZangBa

I was stuck in some God forsaken tower for what felt like an eternity. I got lucky and Ramuh showed up almost immediately while fighting the 3 red giants and snake thing, only for me to somehow jump down and spawn them all again anyway. What a nightmare of a dungeon, oh God the camera. Rested and gained 12 damn levels.

The
South-West

Yeah I beat it and got my last royal arm.

Jesus that place was terrible.

The electric bomb enemies were probably even worse than all those boss enemies though. Wtf were they thinking?

It took me 3 godman hours to get through that maze. This was me after the first hour.

Fuck it. Done with this fishing crap.

I'm interested in how good that fishing rod is, but I already caught most of the "boss" fish in the game, and the new recipe just makes it that much easier.

Also downloading the Platinum Demo again, I guess I never finished it because Carbuncle doesn't have a name. Made the whole experience sort of weird

Eusis

The Ultimate weapons in this game don't have a unique weapon model, but you spent all that time modelling each cooked meal.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEENIX
Developers were probably starving half the time. Likely only had Cup Noodles for nourishment!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Walking is so fucking slow. :(

Place a rubber band on the two analog sticks. Then Noctis and co will be walking in circles. Be sure to do it in a large, safe location.

Eusis

Man, that was a real piss off going for the Anglar's Nightmare quest only to have the line snap AT THE VERY END.

Fortunately it turns out you can get a recipe for increasing line durability in the holiday event! Got it and will try again later.

Man, forget the bonus dungeon. Too many narrow jumps with a character that controls abnormally.

48 hours and I'm officially done with what I'm willing to do in this game.

putermcgee

Is there a thread for fishing leaderboards? I caught a 2m (78.7"), 85.37kg (188.2lb.) Noble Arapaima, and am feeling pretty good about it!

Also, if anyone has tips on which fishing spots and which lures can get a fish worth a good prize in the Chocobo event, I'd much appreciate it.

Just maxed fishing. That was boring.

Only have adamantoise left for the platinum. Need to level up first though, on 64 atm.

Place a rubber band on the two analog sticks. Then Noctis and co will be walking in circles. Be sure to do it in a large, safe location.

This is what I did.

Went from level 7 to 10 while I was at work.

RiggyRob

We're really enjoying exploring the tombs and getting 'ultimate' weapons, but with the Royal Arms taking HP to use and not being able to perform linkstrikes, I don't think Pimmsy's ever going to use them, which is a shame. I guess they're more for min-maxing damage against level 99 bosses?

I think what I like best about the Tomb of the Conqueror is that it doesn't feel like a traditional dungeon, which is probably why I prefer this style to something like Skyrim, which were boring and soulless. That might change later on but I would hope the other dungeons are interesting enough to avoid classic dungeon tropes, from what I've been reading it sounds like they are.

Also, I didn't realise we were playing
Metal Gear Solid when Loqi and his mech
showed up!

Top Bottom