• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Damn, I just lost the fish that I'm pretty sure had the A tag. I thought it was just a Scorpion Grouper, so I threw in a half-busted line. But nooope; it had to be some monster that just eats up lines.

Sushi Nao

Finally picked this up, have about 13 hours in it. I'm going pretty slow, doing lots of hunts and side stuff.

I just figured out how to regain run stamina, which help open things up for me. Not sure I like the mechanic, though - the window feels small.

Combat is cool! I like it overall.

Falk

that puzzling face
We're really enjoying exploring the tombs and getting 'ultimate' weapons, but with the Royal Arms taking HP to use and not being able to perform linkstrikes, I don't think Pimmsy's ever going to use them, which is a shame. I guess they're more for min-maxing damage against level 99 bosses?

I think what I like best about the Tomb of the Conqueror is that it doesn't feel like a traditional dungeon, which is probably why I prefer this style to something like Skyrim, which were boring and soulless. That might change later on but I would hope the other dungeons are interesting enough to avoid classic dungeon tropes, from what I've been reading it sounds like they are.

Also, I didn't realise we were playing Metal Gear Solid when Loqi and his mech showed up!

Not saying you should stop linking your videos but at some point you're probably going to have to figure out a way to spoiler tag them.

(Yeah yeah 2016 game yadda yadda)

RiggyRob

Not saying you should stop linking your videos but at some point you're probably going to have to figure out a way to spoiler tag them.

(Yeah yeah 2016 game yadda yadda)

No problem, I can do that - I figured after Chapter 3 would be a good place to start tagging them, since the main driver of the start of the plot has happened (similar to
Fiora's death
at the start of Xenoblade Chronicles).

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
£32 for the steelbook edition

Worth getting? Was considering renting the game, but might not if it's lengthy

EDIT: Bit the bullet. Due between 7-10pm today.

bumpkin

And the plat is mine. Took 65 hours all up.

Liked the game overall but it isn't without issues.
I'll get there eventually. I still have these trophies left:

Tortoise Toppler - Haven't tried this yet, though I did see him/her. Anyone have any pro-tips for the battle?
Survival Expert - Already asked about this, such a pain in the ass. I'm at level 8.
Angling Expert - Just time consuming. Also at level 8.
Faithful Heir - Are the other locations clearly marked on the map? I haven't looked for the ones you don't get via story yet.
The World Wanderer (obviously)

I really enjoyed the game, much moreso than i thought I would. My expectations coming in were they were going to fuck it up because XIII was such a disaster, but they surprised me. I certainly didn't think I'd come close to getting the Platinum trophy in it (I don't Plat many games).

RiggyRob

£32 for the steelbook edition

Worth getting? Was considering renting the game, but might not if it's lengthy

EDIT: Bit the bullet. Due between 7-10pm today.

I'd say so - ~£33 is about the cheapest I've seen FFXV both physical and digital, and you'll get your money's worth if you're wanting to do sidequests and optional stuff.

I'll get there eventually. I still have these trophies left
Faithful Heir - Are the other locations clearly marked on the map? I haven't looked for the ones you don't get via story yet.

No, outside the ones in the story the majority of Royal Arms are in dungeons. The hardest one to achieve is pretty time intensive and difficult fight wise. I'd recommend searching the map for different dungeons, or just consulting a guide.

bumpkin

No, outside the ones in the story the majority of Royal Arms are in dungeons. The hardest one to achieve is pretty time intensive and difficult fight wise. I'd recommend searching the map for different dungeons, or just consulting a guide.
Crestholm Channels?
I did that one last night, though I don't recall getting a Royal Arm at the end. I got to a door I couldn't open yet.

ZangBa

Crestholm Channels?
I did that one last night, though I don't recall getting a Royal Arm at the end. I got to a door I couldn't open yet.

You get it automatically for beating the final boss. You might have missed him since it's a really weird labyrinth that takes forever.

emrober5

Not sure if this has been posted, but this patch fixed the bug of Cid not upgrading weapons.

I turned it on and he gave me multiple new quests. Finally!

bumpkin

Not sure if this has been posted, but this patch fixed the bug of Cid not upgrading weapons.

I turned it on and he gave me multiple new quests. Finally!
Did it fix the never-ending open encounter bug? I lost a good hour or so of progress a few nights ago because of it.

Crestholm Channels?

No, I was referring to
Costlemark Tower
. Look no further than the start of this page to see people conveying their annoyance and frustration with it. I was level 72 and it still gave me trouble.

man fuck. I should finish the game. I've been in chapter 8 for too long (but I wanna get tons of xp for the 3.0x hotel in Altssia)

Have you been using your rare coins? Combining them with magic is the easiest way to level up quickly. For an extra boost, grab a chocobo sandwich that boost exp gained by 50%

I literally went up 25 levels in a single go.

*Oops, double post.

KRaZyAmmo

Have you been using your rare coins? Combining them with magic is the easiest way to level up quickly. For an extra boost, grab a chocobo sandwich that boost exp gained by 50%

I literally went up 25 levels in a single go.

*Oops, double post.

You can use rare coin with magic? Where can I find the Chocobo sandwich? (and sorry to ask this again but can the Magitek v2 suit be farmed)?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The Royal Arms should have been upgradeable and once you gain the power of the ring they should have not taken hp anymore. That or make that an ascension upgrade tree.

bumpkin

No, I was referring to
Costlemark Tower
. Look no further than the start of this page to see people conveying their annoyance and frustration with it. I was level 72 and it still gave me trouble.
Damn. I'm only up to the low 50's in level. Sounds like maybe I have some grinding to do before I even try to attempt that particular tomb.

Damn. I'm only up to the low 50's in level. Sounds like maybe I have some grinding to do before I even try to attempt that particular tomb.
You can do it at that level (I finished it at 55). It's tough, though. You'll want
lightning resistance because of the damn Gravanades.
Those, aside from one particular fight that you can repeat, were the toughest things in there. I would spring Armiger as soon as I saw one of those.

You can use rare coin with magic? Where can I find the Chocobo sandwich? (and sorry to ask this again but can the Magitek v2 suit be farmed)?

Yeah, you can fuse magic with items. The Rare Coins (x12 each, and you can use as many as you like until you hit the x99 limit) are the best EXP boosters in the game, but there are others (debased banknote, silver, etc). Of course there's a finite number of them in the game that you'll encounter naturally; others have to be found at random. I had enough to make the x99 spell just by going about the story. Once you craft the spell, you'll want to use it on a monster that yields a lot of EXP. I'd recommend one of the legendary beasts/hunts.

The chocobo sandwich can be found eaten at Wiz's Chocobo Post, but I think it's only accessible once you do a certain mission. Just keep doing Wiz's quests until it become available.

Not sure about the armor. Sorry.

Yeah, you can fuse magic with items. The Rare Coins (x12 each, and you can use as many as you like until you hit the x99 limit) are the best EXP boosters in the game, but there are others (debased banknote, silver, etc). Of course there's a finite number of them in the game that you'll encounter naturally; others have to be found at random. I had enough to make the x99 spell just by going about the story. Once you craft the spell, you'll want to use it on a monster that yields a lot of EXP. I'd recommend one of the legendary beasts/hunts.

The chocobo sandwich can be found eaten at Wiz's Chocobo Post, but I think it's only accessible once you do a certain mission. Just keep doing Wiz's quests until it become available.

Not sure about the armor. Sorry.
I don't think the amount of EXP from the monster matters. People tend to pick the Bandersnatch because it's easy to get to, is not particularly dangerous, and has enough HP to withstand a few casts, so you can get a big chunk of EXP in one fight.

DDUpbM8.gif

KRaZyAmmo

I don't think the amount of EXP from the monster matters. People tend to pick the Bandersnatch because it's easy to get to, is not particularly dangerous, and has enough HP to withstand a few casts, so you can get a big chunk of EXP in one fight.

Will I need to keep retrying the hunt quest for it or can I just go to where it is on the map?

Minamu

How good are the preorder dlc weapons? I have the Masamune but I never activated it, and it's probably useless as I'm lvl 99 now. What about the other weapons? And what does the travel, camera and gourmand sets actually do? I saw that the gourmand was free and it sounded like the camping would look different but I couldn't tell :/

putermcgee

Same thing happened to me as well. Ended up erasing some stuff to have around 40-ish GB free till it actually let me download. Kinda ridiculous.

Only 2.5GB. I would think the PS4 is the same.
It happened for me on PS4. The size was about 2.5GB, but the download kept failing due do lack of space, and kept failing as I cleared space until I had over 40GB free. After deleting Let It Die, the download started just fine.

How good are the preorder dlc weapons? I have the Masamune but I never activated it, and it's probably useless as I'm lvl 99 now. What about the other weapons? And what does the travel, camera and gourmand sets actually do? I saw that the gourmand was free and it sounded like the camping would look different but I couldn't tell :/
The weapons are good for the early game but probably useless to you now. They do have some nifty secondary features. Blazefire Saber increases defense a little bit; Gae Bolg increases Warp Strike damage; Mage Mashers increase resistance to all three elements; Masamune occasionally hits for big damage on the first hit.

The Gourmand Set gives you a recipe for Cheesy Pizza, which takes no ingredients and gives decent—but not anything special in late game—boosts. It hardly levels up Ignis' skill at all, though.

Eusis

Recipe helped me to complete the Angler's Nightmare quest.

Also wore the DLC outfit while doing it. Fuck it, will run with this thing until it's time to progress the story.

Sagely

The Carnival is amazing! When I bought the desserts, Noctis
did a hammy impression of Ignis saying he'd come up with a new Recipeh
. Hilarious surprise! This event is a perfect antidote to those Sealed Dungeons.

Although my Carbuncle is called ??? since I didn't play the Platinum demo, which is a bit of a shame.

xero273

Is there an actual list of where to find the special monsters ? I'm talking about monsters like the griffon and the battle music is different.

Just basically gonna quit until DLC.

Post-game
Just spent about an hour and a half or so grinding away at the Adamantoise. I'm mid to high level 80 and was never in any danger really of dying but it was a boring as hell and a tedious grind. About 3/4 of the way through, somehow I warp strike to somewhere waaaay outside the combat zone and the mission gets aborted.

I really have no motivation to go back to do this. I don't really care about the trophies and just wanted to see if I could do it. Well I know I CAN easily do it, but I'm not gonna waste my time.

After spending 6 hours running around I'm quite confident that the last baby chocobo is a myth.
Did you look for at the beginning of the area? On the carnival you can walk where in the main game a guy asks you why you're doing visiting the place.

Man, I just wish that the next patch makes it so that once you hold square pulling the left stick back will do for example the throwing daggers animation instead of being relative to the characters position on the screen since I end up dodging a lot when I mean to attack with the daggers. Also for the lock-on to be fixed, the Cactuar mini-game made me remember how shit it is since I always have a hard time locking on the giant Cactuar. I could literally make a pretty long list (I bet that many already did) of all the things that need to be fixed/altered, so I don't know how a game with soo many wrong things I played it for 111 hours and still enjoyed it...

Minamu

The weapons are good for the early game but probably useless to you now. They do have some nifty secondary features. Blazefire Saber increases defense a little bit; Gae Bolg increases Warp Strike damage; Mage Mashers increase resistance to all three elements; Masamune occasionally hits for big damage on the first hit.

The Gourmand Set gives you a recipe for Cheesy Pizza, which takes no ingredients and gives decent—but not anything special in late game—boosts. It hardly levels up Ignis' skill at all, though.
Thanks, I'll stay away then, honestly. Regarding the gourmand, the flavor text kinda hinted at new equipment, so I though he'd get new art assets around the camp :lol Would've liked that more than an infinite sprint pizza.

neoism

so the update will not download for me... what the fuuuuck

it say i must delete unnecessary content from storage

what the fuck...
��
i have 17gbs free!!

is it fucking raeeeeeaaaallly gonna make me download the whole fucking game again...

����

Top Bottom