• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Okay fishing wasn't so bad. 6 hours.

WHAT THE FUCK AT PROMPTO'S PHOTOGRAPHY

After 6 hours it moved only 65% on the LVL9 circle. I need 4 more hours walking around just for this last trophy..........

I think I will do Menace #6 in the meantime.

neoism

OMG!!

this dlc wins!

just heard noctis' delivery on ""I've come up with a new recipe""

😂😂😂😂😂😂

putermcgee

The Carnival is amazing! When I bought the desserts, Noctis
did a hammy impression of Ignis saying he'd come up with a new Recipeh
. Hilarious surprise!
There are times this game makes me laugh pretty hard, and this was one. In Japanese, he just says, "Maybe I can get Ignis to make this" which is boring.

so the update will not download for me... what the fuuuuck
it say i must delete unnecessary content from storage
what the fuck...
��
i have 17gbs free!!
is it fucking raeeeeeaaaallly gonna make me download the whole fucking game again...
����
You're not alone.

Ugggggh!! God dammit, square. Your minigames fucking suuuuuuck. Do I lose anything extraordinary if I skip the dinner serving minigame? In fact, what CAN I skip on and still get all the unique items? The sooner I'm done with this crap and can get back to the main game the better.

Neverwas

Just picked this up on Sunday. I think the last non-MMO Final Fantasy game I played through was....6? So it's been a while. I've only had about an hour or so to play, but I'm really liking everything I've seen so far. Party banter is way better than I expected, too.

Vashetti

Banned
Ugggggh!! God dammit, square. Your minigames fucking suuuuuuck. Do I lose anything extraordinary if I skip the dinner serving minigame? In fact, what CAN I skip on and still get all the unique items? The sooner I'm done with this crap and can get back to the main game the better.

All the minigames just give you medallions.

One of the fastest (and lamest) ways to get medallions is Justice Monsters V. 99 treasures will net 35 medallions.

Also, be aware that you can only hold up to 99 medallions at a time. I'm pretty sure I lost sold because of the stupid limit.

zewone

Are the Fishing, Gourmand etc packs useful?

Fishing gives you a lure that works on every fish and you can never lose it due to losing your line, a new rod, & a new reel.

Worth the 49 cents just for that lure.

Traveling pack gives you 50% off of fast travel and hotel costs.

Qurupeke

Fishing gives you a lure that works on every fish and you can never lose it due to losing your line, a new rod, & a new reel.

Worth the 49 cents just for that lure.

Traveling pack gives you 50% off of fast travel and hotel costs.

Fuck microtransactions but sold. I hate fishing and I need to complete angler's nightmare...

Did they seriously put a 100 floor dungeon in this game...

...and did I seriously spend 5 hours finishing it...

...Jesus... fuck this game.

PLEASE tell me Menace Sewers and Menace Costlemark do not have 100 floors each?

Did they seriously put a 100 floor dungeon in this game...

...and did I seriously spend 5 hours finishing it...

...Jesus... fuck this game.

PLEASE tell me Menace Sewers and Menace Costlemark do not have 100 floors each?

Costlemark has fewer floors but still a lot and is much harder (I still haven't even beaten it even with being spoiled on what's probably a mandatory strategy for it)

Menace Sewers is easier than the Sewers themselves, IIRC

Ricker

Driving around to the FFX soundtrack, which I just discovered/bought yesterday, is such a joy.

Yep,love it...I am missing a few I think though.(up to Chapter 11 but I went to past Lucis)...by the way L2 on foot to listen once you have the mp3 player I think it is...(something like that ;) )

Is it normal to be confused by all the "history" of empires and political dealings at the start of the game (just reached the seaside town with the ferry and saw the cut scene I assume is actually kingsglaive)

Will watching the movie make it make more sense or is there a good wiki page that is like "here is what they are talking about"

Silly final fantasy shouldn't be this confusing

pashmilla

Banned
Is it normal to be confused by all the "history" of empires and political dealings at the start of the game (just reached the seaside town with the ferry and saw the cut scene I assume is actually kingsglaive)

Will watching the movie make it make more sense or is there a good wiki page that is like "here is what they are talking about"

Some advice for this game: if you find yourself thinking "surely this will be explained at some point!"... it won't. Game is screaming out for a datalog, oh the irony.

zewone

I feel like the film Kingsglaive should have been a part of the game. Not like the CG movie, but you should have actually had to play that part of the story (as Nyx maybe). It's weird they just throw you into the game pretty much expecting you to have seen this.

I also think it should have opened with you playing as a young Noctis like in the demo.

So much of this story could have been expanded on.

I love the game, but I feel like with some more focus it could have been amazing.

Just beat the adamantoise after an hour and half. What a broken fight;according to the screen I was fighting air for 95% of the time. Not challenging whatsoever, just literally an endurance challenge.

After 50 hours, 94 levels, and way too many times hearing "No worse for wear!", I am done with the game.

MistBreeze

Hi guys a question.

Now im 80 hours into the game - post game - level 68 , my question:

Is it possible to reach level 99 doing only side quests ? Complete the grid 100 % just playing? Without grinding using hotels for xp bonus?

knitoe

Hi guys a question.

Now im 80 hours into the game - post game - level 68 , my question:

Is it possible to reach level 99 doing only side quests ? Complete the grid 100 % just playing? Without grinding using hotels for xp bonus?

Yes. The hunts and post game dungeons gives lots of xp. On my playthrough to lvl99, I didn't even know what the coins did and was saving Gil by not using the hotels.

JoeNut

I hear that watching th movie makes it more easy to understand. Nothing gets explained in the game regarding story, lots of things just happen without explanation

Interfectum

I hear that watching th movie makes it more easy to understand. Nothing gets explained in the game regarding story, lots of things just happen without explanation

Yeah if I hadn't watched the movie and those youtube animes I'd be completely lost in this game right now. I'd say they are 100% needed before picking FF15 up to play.

MaKTaiL

Wow, it's the first time I watched the 3 year old trailer and I can't stop but think: what happened? There are so many cool segments there (all gameplay already) that were never added to the final game. That's such a shame. 99% of the trailer never saw the light of day. I hope they get to add that as DLC at least.

https://youtu.be/IcUSXub_ypU

putermcgee

Is there a list of what's actually included in the various cheap DLC packs?

"Turn campgrounds into kitchens and make meals into masterpieces with this custom cookware." <--that doesn't really say much.

Yo guys I noticed from time to time some fat Prompto jokes being thrown on the internet?

What's up with that?
From the Brotherhood shorts,
he was overweight as a child, and got in shape to get Noct to notice him.

I feel like the film Kingsglaive should have been a part of the game. Not like the CG movie, but you should have actually had to play that part of the story (as Nyx maybe). It's weird they just throw you into the game pretty much expecting you to have seen this.

I also think it should have opened with you playing as a young Noctis like in the demo.

So much of this story could have been expanded on.

I love the game, but I feel like with some more focus it could have been amazing.
Well, when you think about it, Final Fantasy 12 managed to cover basically all of the same story beats (invasion of the capital city, betrayal at the peace talks, etc) with a 10-minute intro and its playable opening as Vaan's older brother.

Interfectum

This is complete nonsense. Everything you need to know is in the game.

Disagree. Kingsglaive gives a much needed intro to the world, the sides involved and the overall conflict. The Youtube videos give a great overview of the main characters, where they came from, how they became friends, etc.

I started the game before I watched anything. After feeling like I had zero grounding on wtf was going on I watched the movie and videos and they answered a lot of my questions.

IMO they are required viewing before playing the game.

hank_tree

Disagree. Kingsglaive gives a much needed intro to the world, the sides involved and the overall conflict. The Youtube videos give a great overview of the main characters, where they came from, how they became friends, etc.

I started the game before I watched anything. After feeling like I had zero grounding on wtf was going on I watched the movie and videos and they answered a lot of my questions.

IMO they are required viewing before playing the game.

They 100% are not. The "sides involved and the overall conflict" covered in Kingsglaive has next to nothing to do with the actual plot of FFXV. There's some nice details in there for people who want to delve in, but saying it is required is 100% rubbish,

zewone

I would agree it's 100% required viewing.

The game does an awful job of setting up the story or introducing the audience to certain characters.

hank_tree

I would agree it's 100% required viewing.

The game does an awful job of setting up the story or introducing the audience to certain characters.

Could you point out some specifics from Kingslaive or Brotherhood that are required to understand the plot of FFXV?

Here's what the game tells you:

1. There's a treaty signing that goes wrong;
the king is killed.
2. The bros are best friends.
3. There's some creepy hobo dude that's probably important.

I think it's good to have more details regarding those things, but you don't really need to know more than what's there.

zewone

Could you point out some specifics from Kingslaive or Brotherhood that are required to understand the plot of FFXV?

Here's what the game tells you:

1. There's a treaty signing that goes wrong;
the king is killed.
2. The bros are best friends.
3. There's some creepy hobo dude that's probably important.

I think it's good to have more details regarding those things, but you don't really need to know more than what's there.
Some of the games main complaints is the lack of a detailed story and the brevity it is all told in.

The film introduces the audience to all the main characters of the story. Shows what happened to Lunafreya and her brother and why they are with the Empire. It introduces the conflict between the Empire and Insomnia.

Here's a post I found putting my thoughts into words.

An early important flaw, the king dies and Noctis finds out in a newspaper, but we get a Kingsglaive scene. It’s anticlimactic, but I guess it works, since that’s just how Noctis finds out, but seriously… Any newcomer with 0 understanding is missing out: first and foremost what the hell is going on, is there a war? Between whom? Why is Noctis marrying Luna? Where is Luna from? (this isn’t explained until Chapter 12, which is about 20 hours or so into the story) Who is the empire? What does the empire want? What is the crystal? Hell I watched Kingsglaive and I really don’t understand so many of these questions.

hank_tree

Some of the games main complaints is the lack of a detailed story and the brevity it is all told in.

The film introduces the audience to all the main characters of the story. Shows what happened to Lunafreya and her brother and why they are with the Empire. It introduces the conflict between the Empire and Insomnia.

The main characters in FFXV are the Noctis and his boys. The conflict between the Empire and Insomnia has little to no bearing to the plot of the game. The stuff with Luna is interesting but hardly essential.

Here's a post I found putting my thoughts into words.

An early important flaw, the king dies and Noctis finds out in a newspaper, but we get a Kingsglaive scene. It's anticlimactic, but I guess it works, since that's just how Noctis finds out, but seriously... Any newcomer with 0 understanding is missing out: first and foremost what the hell is going on, is there a war? Between whom? Why is Noctis marrying Luna? Where is Luna from? (this isn't explained until Chapter 12, which is about 20 hours or so into the story) Who is the empire? What does the empire want? What is the crystal? Hell I watched Kingsglaive and I really don't understand so many of these questions.

Most of these questions have no real bearing on the plot of FFXV. None of this is required knowledge to understand the game.

zewone

The main characters in FFXV are the Noctis and his boys. The conflict between the Empire and Insomnia has little to no bearing to the plot of the game. The stuff with Luna is interesting but hardly essential.

Most of these questions have no any real bearing on the plot of FFXV. None of this is required knowledge to understand the game.

So the story of FFXV is just Noctis and his boys bustin' some skulls. Don't need to know why or how.

Got it.

hank_tree

So the story of FFXV is just Noctis and his boys bustin' some skulls. Don't need to know why or how.

Got it.

Everything you need to know about their quest (which is literally what FFXV is) is in the game.

I wonder how you felt about Star Wars Episode IV the first time you saw it?

Everything you need to know about their quest (which is literally what FFXV is) is in the game.

I wonder how you felt about Star Wars Episode IV the first time you saw it?

If Episode 4's story was structured like FF15 then it would start with Luke's life on the farm and getting the droids with no context to the droids' importance or where they came from until a supporting character explains it to him. You would technically have all of the information you need, but none of the gravity of why that information is important.

hank_tree

If Episode 4's story was structured like FF15 then it would start with Luke's life on the farm and getting the droids with no context to the droids' importance or where they came from until a supporting character explains it to him. You would technically have all of the information you need, but none of the gravity of why that information is important.

If you take this analogy to it's logical conclusion, Princess Leia is Regis, the droids are Luna, the ring is the message the droids are carrying and Rogue One is Kingsglaive. :D

WUT Fishing is so fun in this game. Specially when you hit the boss level battles where shit gets incredibly tense.

This is proving to be one of the easier Plats for an RPG that I've played.

lmao How?

I DON'T KNOW. It took me 127 hours (1 2 7 hours) to ding the Prompto Level 10 Photography and obtain Platinum. Shit, man. And I read now that it is one of the easiest trophies in this game. Something was just broken on my playtrough (I rarely rested... maybe 6 times total before final boss fight).

Anyway I have the Platinum and the only 2 things left for me to do in this game:
- Menace Costlemark
- The Hidden Dungeon

Now, personally, I would enforce a new trophy required for the Platinum:

a) either catch all fishes
b) or create every dish possible

Zoe

I DON'T KNOW. It took me 127 hours (1 2 7 hours) to ding the Prompto Level 10 Photography and obtain Platinum. Shit, man. And I read now that it is one of the easiest trophies in this game. Something was just broken on my playtrough (I rarely rested... maybe 6 times total before final boss fight).

Sounds like you already know what the problem is.

How!?

Top Bottom