• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Pumpkins

So I found out that Ignis' enhancement tech stacks. If you use all 3 bars, Noct becomes ridiculously strong.

Also at max level it has a 50% crit rate, making the buff even stronger.

sonto340

I just checked my saved pictures on the PS4 capture gallery and none of Prompto's photos are there. I assumed that's where they went if you saved them.
Are the ones you choose at the end of the game the ones you save?
There's an option in the menu called archive I think that has all your photos.

Pumpkins

What I meant is 50% chance to trigger the enhanced buff. Sorry if I worded that weird.

But yeah, I had fire, blizzard, and thunder on Noct at the same time.

I used it on
adamantoise
(post game boss) with zwill daggars and was hitting like 1500 each hit.

jiggle

Ignis easily has all of the best techs in the game, honestly.

He's also seriously durable once you've taught him Lancet. It's the secondary weapon skills that really make each character shine (especially some of the ways Prompto can affect the battlefield).
I feel like gladios is losing his shine
His DPS is no longer crucial
And he doesn't know how to tank
Now he's just eye candy

I just checked my saved pictures on the PS4 capture gallery and none of Prompto's photos are there. I assumed that's where they went if you saved them.
Are the ones you choose at the end of the game the ones you save?
In game only

I just found a royal tomb, tomb of the JUST. I just stumbled upon it. Is it ok to open it? Just wondering cus up to this point tombs have all been story quests.

just finished it and HOLYFUCK did chapter 14 make up for this shitfest that was chapter 13.

Also the
Post-credit sequences... right in the feels. The speech Noct gave the squad
��
I just found a royal tomb, tomb of the JUST. I just stumbled upon it. Is it ok to open it? Just wondering cus up to this point tombs have all been story quests.

Yeah you're good. they're mostly optional and usually at the end of dungeons

SubbieD

So I found out that Ignis' enhancement tech stacks. If you use all 3 bars, Noct becomes ridiculously strong.

Also at max level it has a 50% crit rate, making the buff even stronger.

I have literally ignored all the techs and will probably have to strategize and get in on it post-game. So much to explore. I only use Regroup and Dawnhammer rarely :p

jiggle

Are treasures used for anything in this game? Like saber tusk claws, chrome bits, rare coins. Or can I just sell all of them?
They are for spell crafting
Including increasing the tier of the spells, the amount of spells, and potency of the spells
Some will add secondary effects to spells (that heals you or increase your xp etc)

They are for spell crafting
Including increasing the tier of the spells, the amount of spells, and potency of the spells
Some will add secondary effects to spells (that heals you or increase your xp etc)

I'm on chapter 1 and does spell crafting open up more? Or is it just the spell crafting menu that's open to me right now?

jorgeton

I'm so sorry you're there. That place took me like 3-4 hours to do because it's so damn long. I think it's
100 floors with 9 camps.
Hope you brought plenty of items! You'll start to loathe tonberries, trust me.

I am so low on items atm. I really don't want to have to hop back out, but I have like one phoenix down left :(

Fuck Tonberries.

Rhapsody

Banned
Finished the game finally. Game definitely has its issues, but I think overall I was able to stay entertained. Had a fun time in the first half of the game for sure, and of course, would've loved to have seen what they could have done with chapter 14 if they had time. I've heard bad things about chapter 13 beforehand, and I still wasn't prepared. Least favorite part of the game for sure. It's like a really bad version of FFXII's real final dungeon (which was really cool), imo. No patch is going to fix the issues I had with it.

Also had a question regarding chapter 14.
Any other stores that sells the equipment they had at post time skip Hammerhead? Can't really go back to it since they keep you at the Citadel if you leave.

LiK

Finished the game finally. Game definitely has its issues, but I think overall I was able to stay entertained. Had a fun time in the first half of the game for sure, and of course, would've loved to have seen what they could have done with chapter 14 if they had time. I've heard bad things about chapter 13 beforehand, and I still wasn't prepared. Least favorite part of the game for sure. It's like a really bad version of FFXII's real final dungeon, imo. No patch is going to fix the issues I had with it.

Also had a question regarding chapter 14.
Any other stores that sells the equipment they had at post time skip Hammerhead? Can't really go back to it since they keep you at the Citadel if you leave.

Iirc
Regalia shop should have all unlocked items/weapons post game if you travel back to past.

Dimmle

Is there any prescribed order to tackle the postgame dungeons in? Keycatrich wasn't too bad but I've heard bad things about a 100 level one...?

Rodin

Sooo i got this with the Pro. Any news about the patch? I'd much rather play it with the frame pacing fixed in hq mode and the added content/cutscenes.

Idk if it's a bug or something but I'm trying to complete the "disable old traps" mission but can't because there are some coerls over the last one, and I'm not a high enough level to take them out despite this mission being like level 12.

Naar

Is there a recipe similar to the Maagho Lasagna?

4,000 HP

100% EXP

Resistant to Lighting, Fire, Ice

So far I can only buy it, but I would rather be able to cook it whenever I like

Yesterday night I finally completed the
Pitioss
dungeon and I really think that this is actually how hell looks like. Really amazing, you have to give it a try

Adaren

Idk if it's a bug or something but I'm trying to complete the "disable old traps" mission but can't because there are some coerls over the last one, and I'm not a high enough level to take them out despite this mission being like level 12.

That sucks. I did that quest at nighttime and didn't encounter any noteworthy enemies, so maybe try that.

Alternatively, skip the quest cause it's trash anyway.

Ok I unlocked chocobos after a hunt.
This is my first final fantasy game and I am loving this.

Any tips and tricks for beginners? It seems overwhelming at times. What skills to ascend? What all can be done to improve party? I read something called Ignis tech etc, what is that? Which is best site to get information about all the game mechanics?

velcry

Just got an endgame dungeon and finally was smart enough to find out how to get in...

Am...I
fucking playing Tomb Raider
? I am so astonished by what is happening right now.

Why is this type of content hidden? This shit is crazy?

Edit:

This dungeon just gets more and more insane, i'm in love right now.

If I had to hazard a guess, it would be that they had a lot of dungeons / set pieces all planned or produced, but no story to link it to the main questline.

Therefore it was easier to bundle it together as post-game content, rather than integrate it together with the whole.

Falk

that puzzling face
Ok I unlocked chocobos after a hunt.
This is my first final fantasy game and I am loving this.

Any tips and tricks for beginners? It seems overwhelming at times. What skills to ascend? What all can be done to improve party? I read something called Ignis tech etc, what is that? Which is best site to get information about all the game mechanics?

Techs are the party commands accessible via L1 (or LB). You can unlock more of them and then change the tech each of the retinue has equipped in the Gear screen.

Ignis' Regroup is great for party healing, but all techs are great for i-frames, or in other words, temporary invincibility when invoked.

Techs are the party commands accessible via L1 (or LB). You can unlock more of them and then change the tech each of the retinue has equipped in the Gear screen.

Ignis' Regroup is great for party healing, but all techs are great for i-frames, or in other words, temporary invincibility when invoked.
Longest i-frames ever, they're more like i-seconds :p

Naar

Is there a recipe similar to the Maagho Lasagna?

4,000 HP

100% EXP

Resistant to Lighting, Fire, Ice

So far I can only buy it, but I would rather be able to cook it whenever I like

Never mind....you get the same thing but a different name when you level up Ignis cooking level....why they rename it though >.>?

Ray Down

Banned
Dungeon with Arena was cool, she wish could stay along long though. Hopefully she one of the playable future characters.

That or DLC.

Though I had a weird camera issue in the dungeon where it just stayed in a fixed positions so I had to reload :-/

Apt101

I suppose I am near the conclusion of
chapter 13
. Had to save and give it a rest for the night. While I don't think it's as bad as many others found it, it's definitely not what I would call fun.
I know S/E has plans to adjust it in a specific way, but I think if they replaced the first 75% of it with new cutscenes and made it into a very brief, largely story-driven chapter,
it would be for the best. It's baffling something so half baked and boring and made it into the final product - an otherwise thoroughly enjoyable game.

Jennipeg

I've just started chapter 11, and i've had a great time the last couple of hours with the plot moving forward. But I do have a question.

On the train Ignis is talking about
nights getting longer, because the empire have slain half of the 6. When did this happen? I thought we had killed them? Titan and Leviathon anyway. He just casually throws in that the Glacian has been killed by the empire. Why are they doing that? Will that be explained later?

I am so low on items atm. I really don't want to have to hop back out, but I have like one phoenix down left :(

Fuck Tonberries.

I was down to mega-phoenix at the end of that one. I had absolutely no knowledge that it was just going to keep going so I didn't come in totally stocked. Great area for getting those last levels though.

Naar

Dungeon with Arena was cool, she wish could stay along long though. Hopefully she one of the playable future characters.

That or DLC.

Though I had a weird camera issue in the dungeon where it just stayed in a fixed positions so I had to reload :-/

That happened to me yesterday in a dungeon. Also had to reload. Camera got stuck right after a fight ended

Yu Narukami

I've just started chapter 11, and i've had a great time the last couple of hours with the plot moving forward. But I do have a question.

On the train Ignis is talking about
nights getting longer, because the empire have slain half of the 6. When did this happen? I thought we had killed them? Titan and Leviathon anyway. He just casually throws in that the Glacian has been killed by the empire. Why are they doing that? Will that be explained later?
There are so many things that aren't explained.

Top Bottom