• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Ok, this hole death thing is super frustrating... on my 5th try at this stupid waterfall level. Doing everything over and over and over and over...

How do you turn your health bar white again without camping or staying at an inn? Seriously, I'm almost 10 levels above these Ronins or the bosses..

Er, use an elixir?

Ok, this hole death thing is super frustrating... on my 5th try at this stupid waterfall level. Doing everything over and over and over and over...

How do you turn your health bar white again without camping or staying at an inn? Seriously, I'm almost 10 levels above these Ronins or the bosses..
Lol. Use an Elixir :p

JBwB

This game needs a damn wait feature kinda like in MGS V.

****Side Quest Minor spoilers****

Climbing a volcano and it turned night and now I have to literally put the controller down and wait for the sun to come up to take a picture of the volcano

There's a camp in that dungeon so why not just go there and rest until morning?

ramyeon

Is there any place in the world a sturdy helixhorn can be picked up, or do they only drop?
They only drop. Easy to get if you eat the dish that raises drop rate, you can get the recipe by walking past a woman eating it on the lookout of Lestallum.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I got the ultima blade, finished one optional dungeon I'd missed (the cavern with all the bs necromancers) and got the key to open the sealed doors.

Going to leave it there for now, and maybe for good. Need a break and have other things I need to play, starting with TLG tomorrow.

I'm 65ish hours in with Noctis at 77 and the others at 75 and everything done except for some side quests and hunts, getting fishing, cooking and survival skills to level 10, Adamantoise (sp?) and the sealed door stuff as far as I know. Maybe I'll mess around with it some if I hit a lull or any DLC is worthwhile and gives a reason to level up more. Otherwise I've had my fill and more than gotten my money's worth.

LordKasual

Banned
Just got an endgame dungeon and finally was smart enough to find out how to get in...

Am...I
fucking playing Tomb Raider
? I am so astonished by what is happening right now.

Why is this type of content hidden? This shit is crazy?

Edit:

This dungeon just gets more and more insane, i'm in love right now.

muteki

Couple more dungeons down.

Game really could have used some sort of limitation on items. Like a backpack w/ a limited number of slots that you could upgrade overtime, and a "trunk" for your car where you could stash everything, but it wouldn't be accessible outside the car.

Too easy to just load up on whatever super item you like and waltz through long dungeons or fights.

Lynx_7

I actually freaking loved
chapter 9
. Wish the game had more grandiose setpieces like that. Could've played a little better but hey, I'll take it. Favorite chapter so far.
Luna was kinda wasted as a character, but her death cutscene was gorgeous looking at least.

All things considered I'm pretty satisfied with what we got but boy, just imagine a universe where XV's potential was fully realized, no compromises done... What could've been.

Feltrol

Banned
I'm intrigued by the RPG elements of this game, but since I've never played a Final Fantasy before, I don't know if I'll end up liking it.

For those of you that have played it, mind sharing any opinion? I want to get the game, but that thought alone is holding me back!

I'm intrigued by the RPG elements of this game, but since I've never played a Final Fantasy before, I don't know if I'll end up liking it.

For those of you that have played it, mind sharing any opinion? I want to get the game, but that thought alone is holding me back!

That's hard to say, FF means different things to each individual and each entry greatly differs from the previous.

This game is fun (flawed but doesn't reach its potential)

Adaren

Finished the story. Big spoilers.

Outside of the campfire scene and a few nice musical moments, everything post-Ifrit was shit. The logo reveal makes me legit angry.

My favorite part of the game was
Chapter 9 through Ifrit, honestly. The beginning of the game was whatever, and the ending was just flat out bad. There were moments that I legitimately liked in the middle. But god, that ending was terrible, in gameplay, plot, and visuals.

They build up an entire story on themes of brotherhood and friendship, then in the 11th hour the villain randomly knocks your friends out and Noctis can't even be bothered to ask if they're alright before he goes solo yolo on the final boss in the world's most boring hold-square-to-DBZ shonen anime reject. Hot garbage.

The icing on the cake was the Amano art getting retconned into Luna sitting on the floor at the feet of her husband. You're in your goddamn wedding dress, sit in a chair for fuck's sake.

Just hit chapter 8, 44 hours in now. Seems like lots of side quests just opened up, so I'll do those before moving on with the story.

I am absolutely in love with this game, it has its flaws, sure, but it just hits the spot for me in so many places.

SubbieD

Couple more dungeons down.

Game really could have used some sort of limitation on items. Like a backpack w/ a limited number of slots that you could upgrade overtime, and a "trunk" for your car where you could stash everything, but it wouldn't be accessible outside the car.

Too easy to just load up on whatever super item you like and waltz through long dungeons or fights.

You could y'know not use em? I personally love the unlimited inventory, I barely use it, but it's nice to know that there's a good stock waiting. This option basically gives underleveled players a shot at staying alive and making it through. If you want a challenge you can choose to not use the items :p

SubbieD

1. If you want W3 levels of sidequest storytelling, nope
2. If you want a coherent and well-realized plotline despite a brilliant storyline, nope
3. But do you want to have 100+ hours of amazing content, best-in-class and unique combat (IMO), an endearingly awesome set of co-characters and breath-taking world. Just go for it.

The magic systems, ascension grid, combat types are so varied and easy to get into, but hard to master. There's a fair few play-styles you can choose even though melee combat will mostly be the mainstay because the game is built around it.

Nearly 50% of the game is post-game side missions, extra dungeons and more. Gives you a lot of different options at tackling stuff too.

It has flaws sure, but when its winning, it's so easily GOTY for me that a'int funny. Watching 1-3 chapters on Youtube won't spoil anything for you and can prolly help make a decision.

Trojan

So I drive to a new part of the map to the very West and Prompto says something like
"Uh hey uh dude isn't this where that uh huge hunt is?" (in Prompto squeal). Then it asks me to answer if we're hunting it or not. What was he referring to? I said no but if I said yes I had no idea what he was referring to.

Bladenic

So I drive to a new part of the map to the very West and Prompto says something like
"Uh hey uh dude isn't this where that uh huge hunt is?" (in Prompto squeal). Then it asks me to answer if we're hunting it or not. What was he referring to? I said no but if I said yes I had no idea what he was referring to.

I actually don't know what that's referring to, but you should've just said yes. All saying yes does is add the sidequest mark to your map, it doesn't force you into anything. Unless you have a hunt currently and it was just pointing you toward it (again, you're never forced into anything).

Trojan

I actually don't know what that's referring to, but you should've just said yes. All saying yes does is add the sidequest mark to your map, it doesn't force you into anything. Unless you have a hunt currently and it was just pointing you toward it (again, you're never forced into anything).

Thanks, will do that next time it comes up

SubbieD

I'm really sick of this
ice cave
and I keep dying either from the ninja blade guys or the bosses
grab me and empty my reserve energy before soneone can revive me..

I'm assuming this isn't the optional end of the dungeon but the mission proper. I went in heavily over-leveled so it was a cakewalk. But if you don't want to do side missions and stuff to level up, invest in magic and go crazy with Fire in there. I threw 2 Fira 99s and finished the boss fight directly.

Most of the enemies have good defense against Blizz/Thunder inside it. And yeah stock up on potions like mad.

benzy

Just hit chapter 8, 44 hours in now. Seems like lots of side quests just opened up, so I'll do those before moving on with the story.

I am absolutely in love with this game, it has its flaws, sure, but it just hits the spot for me in so many places.

Same here. Been enjoying the exploring aspect in general after the desert region.

omyurk.png

wrwhhn.png

twkpml.png

DPtheGod

Is it ever explained why in chapter 6/7
Gladio decides to just randomly leave? I wanted to choose "Ask for how long" but didn't. Is this explained later in the story, or is it a chance to fill in the gaps later with DLC?

Tyaren

Very relevant to this thread...but a bit spoilery, so only click on it if you are at least 2/3 through the game. ;)

For Jared!
08dWd1h.png

Lol

HTupolev

Gladio decides to just randomly leave? I wanted to choose "Ask for how long" but didn't. Is this explained later in the story, or is it a chance to fill in the gaps later with DLC?
He's eating Cup Noodles.

AgeEighty

The latter in all likelihood.

Mezoly

How to return to the open world at chapter 11 I didn't use Umbra at chapter 9? am I screwed? If I can return to the open world can I level up and then go back leveled to finish the game?

Adaren

How to return to the open world at chapter 11 I didn't use Umbra at chapter 9? am I screwed? If I can return to the open world can I level up and then go back leveled to finish the game?

There will be opportunities to return later. You're never completely locked out of going back to the open world.

Mezoly

There will be opportunities to return later. You're never completely locked out of going back to the open world.

Thanks. So I just call Umbra at a rest stop? and If I level up at the open world, my leveling up would carry to the linear missions?

Adaren

Thanks. So I just call Umbra at a rest stop? and If I level up at the open world, my leveling up would carry to the linear missions?

Yep and yep. There may be brief periods without rest points, but you'll come across one eventually. There's no "point of no return".

muteki

You could y'know not use em? I personally love the unlimited inventory, I barely use it, but it's nice to know that there's a good stock waiting. This option basically gives underleveled players a shot at staying alive and making it through. If you want a challenge you can choose to not use the items :p
There isn't any tension that way though, however I understand what you are saying.

Many things running through my head would probably be better served in a "hard" difficulty.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Did the first dungeon, the one
in the cave to find the second tomb.

Oh man that was great. Legit had
a jump scare.

Astral

I just checked my saved pictures on the PS4 capture gallery and none of Prompto's photos are there. I assumed that's where they went if you saved them.
Are the ones you choose at the end of the game the ones you save?

So
Overwhelm is kinda great huh?
All this time I thought ignis sucked
Ignis easily has all of the best techs in the game, honestly.

He's also seriously durable once you've taught him Lancet. It's the secondary weapon skills that really make each character shine (especially some of the ways Prompto can affect the battlefield).

Top Bottom