• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Man the hunt against 9 enemies that zip around so quickly is incredibly fucktardly annoying with the lock on jumping all over the place EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME. It's even BETTER since the hunt takes place in a forest, which is JUST AMAZING since some stupid idiot in SE decide that the camera can't see through leafs/bushes/trees and thus you can't even see shit most of the time.

URGH this game can be so incredibly infuriating sometimes.

RDreamer

Do you need to redo hunts in order to get to higher rank? The hunts that are about my actual level call for hunter rank 6, and I'm only 4 but I can't really find many new hunts to even do outside of the higher rank ones.

B-Dex

Do you need to redo hunts in order to get to higher rank? The hunts that are about my actual level call for hunter rank 6, and I'm only 4 but I can't really find many new hunts to even do outside of the higher rank ones.

There is elemental and status and instant death nullifying recipies. So do hunts with enemies that can be easily countered with those. Makes it a cakewalk. Like tonberries and you have immunity to instant death.

He must not be forgotten

CzQ85Z8XgAAKULn.jpg

Oh Jesus

How did it screw you over?

Towards the end you find a head you can destroy so you get back to the beginning of the dungeon, I didn't see it the first time(so I should take some blame too :/) and I died and the checkpoint started me in the first room and I had to go all the way back.

This is where I laugh at you.

I'm gonna try it out tomorrow. Now I'm interested to see what the hell is in it...

TheFatMan

Holy shit I just finished Chapter 9
The Leviathan fight is one of the most fun and awesome things I have done in a video game in a long time. It literally made me smile like a little kid again. I loved it. I hope there is more of that left in this game.

RDreamer

There is elemental and status and instant death nullifying recipies. So do hunts with enemies that can be easily countered with those. Makes it a cakewalk. Like tonberries and you have immunity to instant death.

I have no idea what this answer means. Maybe you misunderstood my question? Or I'm just not getting it. I'm hunter rank 4 and have, as I can find or remember, completed every under my level. The next hunts that are near my level are locked out because I'm not hunter rank 6. I'm rank 4. Do I need to redo hunts in order to get there, then? Or do I just need to search out more places that have hunts where I may have missed some?

B-Dex

I have no idea what this answer means. Maybe you misunderstood my question? Or I'm just not getting it. I'm hunter rank 4 and have, as I can find or remember, completed every under my level. The next hunts that are near my level are locked out because I'm not hunter rank 6. I'm rank 4. Do I need to redo hunts in order to get there, then? Or do I just need to search out more places that have hunts where I may have missed some?

Meaning grind it out but make it easy for yourself.

Trojan

Biggest FFXV mystery: why Ardyn dresses like a homeless guy. He should retire that bathrobe and 7-scarf getup and buy a suit or something.

RDreamer

Meaning grind it out but make it easy for yourself.

But my question is... grind what out?

I can't actually find any hunts that it will let me do aside from ones that are repeats. Does repeating them actually increase my rank so I'll unlock new ones?

legacyzero

Banned
Spoilers ahead

I have a question- Is it not possible to explore
The World Of Ruin
before the end of the game?

Seems like a HUGE missed opportunity if you cant :(

But my question is... grind what out?

I can't actually find any hunts that it will let me do aside from ones that are repeats. Does repeating them actually increase my rank so I'll unlock new ones?

Nah repeating old ones does not give you more rank. New ones appear... to be honest with you I don't know how they appear. Beating dungeons, getting further in the story seems to make newer ones appear.

Make sure to visit all the places that gives out hunts. And if no new ones appeared, check back later.

There's 2 guys that give them out in Lestallium just so you know + one exclusive to Chapter 9

Gorillaz

So is it worth waiting until the patch to keep playing or just play up to chapter 13? Im on chapter 3.
Can't see a patch fix this shit completely. I'm finishing it up now and it would need to trim all the fucking tedious fat this level.

Good idea but just no sort of QA on it. No way they tested this.

Kyoufu

Towards the end you find a head you can destroy so you get back to the beginning of the dungeon, I didn't see it the first time(so I should take some blame too :/) and I died and the checkpoint started me in the first room and I had to go all the way back.

I feel for you. I died at that part but thankfully I had accessed the checkpoint shortcut to get back easily.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I really don't see how saying "yes, it's shit, so just skip it" is defending it.

Regardless the "just skip it" advice is just so lame, because of various reasons:

1. This game is an RPG, and sidequest has long been an integral part of what makes a game as an RPG.

2. You just don't know whether some stuff you get from whatever sidequest may prove useful in unlocking meaningful content later on, maybe it's a great sidequest, maybe the ultimate equipment, maybe it's a must-play gameplay experience, etc etc. So of course people, especially genre-savvy RPG gamers, are compelled to do them all.

3. The game itself is balanced with the expectations that you complete side missions here and there. In FFXV it is also especially important since it seems like they are only the really reliable way of accruing money, save for probably specific farming methods that a player must specifically seek out to know of and accomplish.

Etc... etc...

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I've started leaving dungeons, and then saving outside so I don't loose all my progress if I die.

FFXII should be easy. At least the Zodiac version was when I played through 100% of it a decade ago.

FFX is the one that was designed for masochists.
Lol, I have the X platinum. The fill all the sphere grids for every single character was so boring.

Yeah, I didn't play the Zodiac version, that's why I'm also super excited for the remaster.

Kyoufu

Yea
I can't see anybody actually want this to last as long as it does. It's sad because I liked the ending of it all.

I feel like they didn't have time to change anything drastically since they were quick in expressing their awareness of the game's faults in narration and the chapter itself.

Something about chapter 5 is bugging me. Up to chapter 5 spoilers ahead:

How did the bros not know about
Ardyn? They know of Chancellor Izunia, but not his first name?
Especially Ignis, I thought he would know for sure.

Kyoufu

Something about chapter 5 is bugging me. Up to chapter 5 spoilers ahead:

How did the bros not know about
Ardyn? They know of Chancellor Izunia, but not his first name?
Especially Ignis, I thought he would know for sure.

Nobody knows. I mean,
Regis had no problem recognising him in Kingsglaive.

Then again,
Ardyn managed to enter Insomnia and the palace all by himself in Kingsglaive, so I have no idea. Also a lot of the civilians in the world of FFXV don't seem to notice that you're Noctis, prince of the Crown City.

I'm in Steyliff. Shit just got real. I'm level 99 and having problems lol.

I'm so sorry you're there. That place took me like 3-4 hours to do because it's so damn long. I think it's
100 floors with 9 camps.
Hope you brought plenty of items! You'll start to loathe tonberries, trust me.

Not entirely sure if it's legit or not, but apparently, the Making of FFXV book confirms a new boss in Gladio's DLC scenario:
Specifically, Gilgamesh

Ignore if old, fake or both.

SubbieD

Holy shit I just finished Chapter 9
The Leviathan fight is one of the most fun and awesome things I have done in a video game in a long time. It literally made me smile like a little kid again. I loved it. I hope there is more of that left in this game.

Same, I was shaking with excitement, it so epic. Not from a gameplay perspective but it just made you feel like a King of Kings.

Jeffrey

man this ch4 finale fight was fucking terrible... its like someone there liked attack on titan, that one cyber connect QTE game, and a bit of god of war.... and made a really subpar something.

SubbieD

I didn't feel much for Luna but I felt really bad for Noct. Up until that point I had played him as really caring about Luna and wanting to see her in all of the dialogue choices. Having her taken away from him just as they finally are within reach of each other was pretty horrible. The CG scene with her saying goodbye to his child self and then his present self crying and reaching out to her was really well done.

I really enjoyed chapter 9.

It was so Sora+Kairi, I went all ball in throat. Yeah the emotions are cheesy in the game but even after Chapter 13, all I could do was smile stupidly like I did back with FFX. There's just something about FF characters and these scenes. Despite the waferthin plot for what seems like an amazing story.

This game needs a damn wait feature kinda like in MGS V.

****Side Quest Minor spoilers****

Climbing a volcano and it turned night and now I have to literally put the controller down and wait for the sun to come up to take a picture of the volcano

SubbieD

I am still not getting the hang of block/attack timing. Do I press block immediately after a few attacks? Am I supposed to get used to trying to decipher attack telegraphs amid the myriad enemy movements? Duscae was simple enough because I could activate weapon skills at any time when getting swarmed, but at level 11 I only have Tempest and that skill takes forever to animate, allowing enemies to flee its attack radius before it procs. Some enemies have multi-stage attack combos that can all break my attack streaks and send me to the ground.

Keep square pressed till the prompt moves to Parry, that's the basic stuff. Most animals and lotsa enemies won't give you direct prompts because they're slashing away at you. Basically its keeping square pressed, moving behind the enemy, getting strikes away, and ensuring the others around are also dodged.

Grisby

Hey guess what I never have to do again?

The chapter 9
Leviathan fight
. Holy shit that went on way too long and was just an unfun mess. Oh and hey, (massive spoilers)
Luna's dead right? Just as she was getting some screen-time.
Christ.

At least there was some more story stuff.

SubbieD

I was actually disagreeing with you and worded that post poorly. I do not agree that progressing through the story in past games would keep you appropriately leveled for its main campaign ayt least that has not been my experience.

There were times when I had to step walk away from 7, 9, 10, and 13 for months just because the bosses were ten levels over or whatnot and I felt the game was punishing me for not taking more time to go through random battles moreso than they already did through the main campaign.

What I was trying to say was that in this game, I was happy to take that grind because of the framework in which they were presented in what others would describe as mundane fetch/side/hunting quests. I think that is where the open world helps, in presentation. So rather walk around and getting trapped into battle, I was deliberately walking into one that because it was proposed to me as a challenge or request.

Absolutely, I remember grinding for days from Lvl 60-90 in FFX because the final 3 were just so annoying. I'd much rather have a fun battle I can choose to enter and exit finding a dog tag 500 times than roam around worrying that an empty dungeon will pop open some battle.

Cornbread78

Ok, this hole death thing is super frustrating... on my 5th try at this stupid waterfall level. Doing everything over and over and over and over...

How do you turn your health bar white again without camping or staying at an inn? Seriously, I'm almost 10 levels above these Ronins or the bosses..

Top Bottom