• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Today I'll finish the story. I do not understand why they insisted on this linear rushed second part when they couldve easily used all of the open world itself to drive the story further just in a slightly different way. The solution was easier and the results would've been better.

Today I'll finish the story. I do not understand why they insisted on this linear rushed second part when they couldve easily used all of the open world itself to drive the story further just in a slightly different way. The solution was easier and the results would've been better.

Same, caught me by surprise lol

JBwB

These Tonberries are brutal, especially if you have to fight more than 3 at a time.

The sealed dungeons are no joke lol.

Open world story telling can be difficult. The way they designed Lucis, very little of it is used for the main story beats, it's just a big playground. Plus for the latter stages of the game it might have even needed a
Niflheim
area. That's a lot of work.

I think if the main drive of the game was amassing all the weapons and getting the summons it might have been a lot more doable. There are way too many things going on.

Just Platinumed Final Fantasy XV, only my third Platinum ever (other two are Jak & Daxter HD for PS3 and Titanfall 2).

I truly love this game, warts and all. It's absolutely not perfect and falls pretty flat in some ways -- particularly when it comes to story building -- but I still think it manages to be my favorite Final Fantasy because I absolutely love the combat, the open world design (save for the (spoiler warning)
Regalia Type-F, which looks cool but has so many limitations that it's horrible to actually use
. I also found when I was grinding out Noctis lv10 fishing that I think the fishing minigame is super legit at its higher levels.

Took about 65 hours for me to hit my Platinum status, but still have every single optional endgame dungeon left and a ton of hunts to do. Never finished Chocobo races, got plenty of weapons to collect (many from the endgame dungeons) and hopefully upgrade -- seems I may have sold some of the upgrade components before getting the weapon, so might need to find alternate means of obtaining these items. Still have some regular old sidequests that need finishing up (the top-tier sidequest trophy is only 80 completed, which is not full completion).

Yup, I imagine I have 20 hours or so left at the very least, and then it's just gonna be waiting for DLC to roll out... FFXV, shockingly, even deep flaws considered, is probably my GOTY 2016, and I was feeling like Titanfall 2 or Doom had absolutely cinched it. I can't pry myself away from my current attachment to this game.

Philippo

Regarding Chapter 13, i actually had a blast with it.
Sure, it dragged too long, at least a third could have been cut, and they could have given you more freedom with the combat (as well as some more visual variety), but i appreciate so much the fact that they went with this twist in the gameplay, and it's so perfect with the context of that moment
(a city that played too much with daemons only to get destroyed
).
It's basically FF: Resident Evil and i love this so much.
But i understand why many hated it.
I would do a couple of changes though:
-
make Noct fight Ravus when he first fiind him, so it is easier and it makes Regis Sword into an actual reward rather than something random.

-
make the foght with Iedolas the proper boss fight of the chapter, put it into the throne room so you understand its him (and make the room bigger, that was hardly more than a bedroom lol), maybe an appearance by Verstael just to remind people he existed too

Just started Chapter 14.

A few questions:

-
Prompto being from Nilfheim, is it explained somewhere in some document that i didn't find? Because i only discovered that when you save him. Plus i guess there was a moment where Ardyn was talking about it, but i started reading a paper and it cut the chat lol

-
Speaking of Ardy, is it later explained who is the other Izunia he was talking about?

-
Why the fuck does Noct wakes up ten years later on the island, and most of all like he was just sitting on a bench for all this time?

Ray Down

Banned
:|

Sturdy Helixhorn, how long did it take you guys to get one to drop?

It's a 10% chance of dropping, get the mother & son rice bowl to help the slog.

Also there's a hunt in old lestallum where you can get 2 of the monsters you need. Save right near the area before the hunt and keep.

Grudy

From the moment I started counting the times I reload, I reached about 11 before I got one.

I saved the game right outside the yellow circle, gave noctis Sword of the Wise and the rest of the team their weakest weapons because they were killing them real fast at level 40. Just spam warp on their heads until the horn breaks. You don't even have to kill them, once the horn breaks you either get the item or not.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So do I access the post-game stuff by
travelling to the past?

Dude, I love how nonchalantly you were about questioning something in a way that may reveal a huge spoiler about the story... Right at the top of a new page, even.

Stupid of me hanging around in this thread when I don't want to see any spoilers I guess.... -______-

Jennipeg

They're killing the six so that Noctis can't gain their power.

At least, that's what I gathered.

Ok, that makes sense, that is the simplest explanation anyway. So that has been going on the entire time in the background. But that is the empire proper,
Ardyn is doing his own thing separate from that. You'd think the empire would notice he isn't being a team player.

From the moment I started counting the times I reload, I reached about 11 before I got one.

I saved the game right outside the yellow circle, gave noctis Sword of the Wise and the rest of the team their weakest weapons because they were killing them real fast at level 40. Just spam warp on their heads until the horn breaks. You don't even have to kill them, once the horn breaks you either get the item or not.

Thanks

Dude, I love how nonchalantly you were about questioning something in a way that may reveal a huge spoiler about the story... Right at the top of a new page, even.

Stupid of me hanging around in this thread when I don't want to see any spoilers I guess.... -______-
It just means going to before the point-of-no-return.

LOL WHAT

I just had this crazy ass glitch happen to me when I tried to fast travel to Hammerhead, my car arrived there just fine but I zipped all the way to the crown city checkpoint. When it the game loaded me it was basically Noctis floating in a void, then the world slowly started to pop in.

I wish I hadn't changed my share settings so I could have a clip of that lmao.

Captcha

Long topic so sorry if it's been asked before, but is there a way to get Ignis to fuck off with the night time driving warning? It's really god damn annoying.

silva1991

Surprisingly didin't take me long

I accepted the hunt where I fight 2 big unicorns and like 4 small ones(only big ones drop those iirc)

I saved right before the hunt location and reloaded 3 times at best before they dropped them for me

Don't worry too much. That's the weird way this game lets you travel between areas. Has nothing to do with the story.

Jennipeg

Do people forget FFXII did that already ?

It did that even better.There is a more complete and better developed world in FFXII.There are more towns,cities in XII than there are here.

FFXV obviously is backed by better streaming technology,hence the greater seamless areas ,but FFXII had the same goals in mind ,and it achieved that arguably more completely.

FFXII gets like no credit.

I sure haven't, I've been banging on about it in this thread. For the next game they should look at XII and XV and fall somewhere in the middle. XII had a difficult development too, imagine what they can do if development actually goes as planned.

I honestly can't wait for XII remaster, I love that game.

Harmen

I miss the days when you spent most of your time doing stuff that was important and relevant to your main mission. And the diversions away from your mission usually had meaty plot, character, and world development embedded in them. Not just doing errands for people so you can get rewards later. That's more like a job than a game.

It's annoying, immersion-breaking, and almost stressful when every time you reach a new outpost you get saddled with a bunch of pointless chores for lazy assholes who stand around all day.

Most if not all JRPGs I played had you doing some happy pappy random sidestuff regardless of the world failing and the plot being filled with misery. Furthermore, most open world titles I played offer sections where it (somewhat) makes more sense to prepare/train from a role playing perspective. It is the player's choice. In the more linear RPG you either do them or you miss them completely due to story progression.

FFXV does an extremely poor job at pacing the plot and streamlining the experience, but that is not a fault of the medium.

I feel for you, and idiots who spoil without tagging should be banned for life honestly, but let me tell you that this spoiler is pretty unsubstantial (it does not get explained at all in the game) and the game's storytelling is just abysmal in general. You won't give a shit about anything story-related down the line and just enjoy the combat.

Harmen

I feel for you, and idiots who spoil without tagging should be banned for life honestly, but let me tell you that this spoiler is pretty unsubstantial (it does not get explained at all in the game) and the game's storytelling is just abysmal in general. You won't give a shit about anything story-related down the line and just enjoy the combat.

It really is a gameplay mechanic instead of a plot related point. From what I gather it is
recalling memories trough Umbra, rather than actual timetravel. Items and levels staying with you is more of a gameplay convience/fun factor thing than actually being something plot driven.
Tagged it just in case, but I think it is not significant to the plot whatsoever.

Yu Narukami

What? It isn't explained?? Is anything explained in this game? What are people even talking about in the spoiler thread?

Ploid 3.0

Do people forget FFXII did that already ?

It did that even better.There is a more complete and better developed world in FFXII.There are more towns,cities in XII than there are here.

FFXV obviously is backed by better streaming technology,hence the greater seamless areas ,but FFXII had the same goals in mind ,and it achieved that arguably more completely.

FFXII gets like no credit.

I've started back playing FFXII right before this game launched and I love it's world/maps, enemies, and battles. Yesterday I had a elemental situation, where I continued to aggro it wondering why. I forgot they turn and stay aggressive after that first magic slip up. Made for a fun time trying to get around it. Bring on remaster SE.

anothertech

Question. Is there a shield 'shell' type spell or technique that noctis can use? Haven't found it if there is. And seemed pretty prevalent in kings glaive.

JoeNut

About 7 hours in now, loving the game and combat is pretty good, i've just unlocked
those crazy weapons from the tombs
which add another dimension to the combat.

The one thing that i'm struggling with is the magic, they're basically grenades which you can only use once every 30 seconds or so, it's not really what i'd like and doesn't link up with the overall fast paced combat that the game encourages, it feels like you have to stop and move away to use the magic, which eliminates the fun of being involved in a big brawl.

Just to requote myself here, is there a way to stop magic hurting your allies? it seems really fucking stupid that every time i cast a spell my buddies just steam in and get set on fire etc.

What? It isn't explained?? Is anything explained in this game? What are people even talking about in the spoiler thread?

Yeah, not much. They keep spoiling all other FF games too so that thread is pretty useless.

Have you been to chapter 7 yet where
Gladius fucks off for an entire chapter and returns a chapter later with facial scars
? Wanna know what the explanation for that is? Here you go:
Nothingggggggggggggggggggggggg

Amazing, eh? I rate the game's story telling 1/10. One out of ten. No hyperbole.

sappyday

Just to requote myself here, is there a way to stop magic hurting your allies? it seems really fucking stupid that every time i cast a spell my buddies just steam in and get set on fire etc.
No not unless you put them some accessories that raises their resistance. The damage is very minimal though that i stopped noticing it. The only annoying thing is their grunting.

anothertech

Use Ignis group up technique first, or promtos void pull, then unleash hell.

lonerism

I'm only on chapter 2, just did my first dungeon

But I laughed so hard with Prompto countless times, he's just so sweet and cute

I've been overleveled for the main quest, because I keep doing side quests and hunts :(

The arachne fight was a piece of cake and the royal gear are so damn OP lol

JoeNut

No not unless you put them some accessories that raises their resistance. The damage is very minimal though that i stopped noticing it. The only annoying thing is their grunting.

Use Ignis group up technique first, or promtos void pull, then unleash hell.

Thank you, i need to look into more techniques as i've only really just got the hang of using them regularly, so that may help alongside some accessories.

Jennipeg

Yeah, not much. They keep spoiling all other FF games too so that thread is pretty useless.

Have you been to chapter 7 yet where
Gladius fucks off for an entire chapter and returns a chapter later with facial scars
? Wanna know what the explanation for that is? Here you go:
Nothingggggggggggggggggggggggg

Amazing, eh? I rate the game's story telling 1/10. One out of ten. No hyperbole.

It's a weird thing, the world is really intriguing, and I think the plot is actually good. They just forgot to put it in the game.

Somewhere in the world, there is a plot scenario file that answers all our questions. Probably in someone's desk drawer.

JBwB

I've been in
Steyliff grove's sealed dungeon
for like 4 hours now.

I think I've lost count on how many camps I've been to in here haha. Really enjoying it though.

lonerism

Can you guys tell me on what are you spending your AP's?

Is there something to help me with casting spells and not hurting my party?

Can you guys tell me on what are you spending your AP's?

Is there something to help me with casting spells and not hurting my party?

No there isn't. You can easily farm AP later (300 per 30 mins for me) so don't overthink it and pick what you enjoy. I think the combat perks are among the most useful along with increasing the number of accessories you can carry. Also Ignis' regroup skill helps.

Top Bottom