• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Falk

that puzzling face
I still think we should go with my idea where there's a chance of Titan showing up in the distance with epic music playing, then he runs towards, then past the party, then eventually disappears over the horizon.

Ishida

Banned
I still think we should go with my idea where there's a chance of Titan showing up in the distance with epic music playing, then he runs towards, then past the party, then eventually disappears over the horizon.

Gladio: "Well, that's that, I guess."
Prompto: "Took my 'leg day' joke too seriously?"

Bladelaw

I'm actually fine with how it is. I like the surprise on who is coming to my aid this time around. I really like how the summons are actually deities who can decide to help you or not, and when, and who appears.

I understand that, but even just give me a freebie the first time I earn one to summon it so I can see the animation.

LotusHD

Banned
The rarest summon for me is Titan surprisingly. It's utterly hilarious how small some of the areas that Leviathan pop out of are.

Kuraudo

Banned
Just beat it with 47 hours on the clock. The last two chapters and ending were very enjoyable--just a shame they weren't attached to a much better preceding narrative.

Aside from the narrative, which was horrendous, the game was pretty great. I think the biggest tragedy is realising that FF is never going to be quite as great as it was from, say V to IX or X. But simply being a series of very good games rather than consistently the best games isn't a terrible fate.

Now to mop up the last few trophies.

I could see them adding an item that increases the random chance. And maybe in the future have a call for them like the whistle.

You could do a limitation that is based on a timer. Or maybe it's in New Game + only.

I'd be down for something like that, yeah. Really hoping we get Bahamut and Ifrit added as postgame summons that can also appear to help you out (in terms of desperation conditions, maybe a summon that shows up when your party has negative status effects?)

yunbuns

What? You could summon GFs whenever you wanted in VIII. I remember I did a playthrough once where I only summoned to attack.

Read what I specifically bolded.

Maybe they could've made summons sort of like Limit Breaks, as in you need to fill up a bar in order to summon them.

In VIII you had to pick the summon and wait for the bar to fill before it would show up. They could do the same thing in XV except you would be limited to how many you can summon per battle which I'm fine with.

reson8or

Quick Question:

I'm just started Chapter 12
and have heard that 13 is pretty bad
. Between the beginning of 12 and the beginning of 13 am I
able to go back to doing open world stuff
? I've put the game on hold until the patch comes out.

Ketkat

Quick Question:

You're able to go back at any point at any rest spots from like Ch. 9 onwards.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Quick Question:

Yes, you can in any chapter.

Mailbox

Read what I specifically bolded.

In VIII you had to pick the summon and wait for the bar to fill before it would show up. They could do the same thing in XV except you would be limited to how many you can summon per battle which I'm fine with.

Honestly I'd rather summoning be a bar that is really slow to fill up but also requires full Amiger and full MP and drains both upon using. Maybe even add HP into that mix.

I think that would be more fair tbh :p

MechaX

I have clocked about 60 hours in the game and I have never seen Titan come to help. Even when I thought I satisfied his condition, Ramuh or someone else still comes out.

yunbuns

Limit breaks fill up after sets of actions. VIII summons just used up an ATB bar before being summoned. Totally different. You can summon whenever you wanted. Limit breaks can be used after the bar fills up.

Again, I'm not even focusing on the limit break part. I'm specifically talking about waiting for the bar to fill up. I feel like I made that clear with my explanation in the other posts?

Honestly I'd rather summoning be a bar that is really slow to fill up but also requires full Amiger and full MP and drains both upon using. Maybe even add HP into that mix.

I think that would be more fair tbh :p

Yeah, that seems pretty fair.

ultron87

Similar to the magic friendly fire, I don't think the lore reasons for summons being weird and unpredictable make up for the kinda crappy gameplay of them essentially never showing up. There's plenty of ways to make them rare and super powerful but still having them be controllable. And really, it'd just be nice if I could show the super cool summon animation to someone that's watching.

Geg

I have clocked about 60 hours in the game and I have never seen Titan come to help. Even when I thought I satisfied his condition, Ramuh or someone else still comes out.

The reason Titan is so rare for so many people is
his chances to appear are based on how many of your teammates have fallen (I don't know if this means actually KO'd or just in the danger zone though) and only appears in certain areas. So if you're keeping your teammates properly healed up you'll never see him.

Again, I'm not even focusing on the limit break part. I'm specifically talking about waiting for the bar to fill up. I feel like I made that clear.

Sorry. That wasn't clear to me. :p

Ummm... Idk. I really like the way it is now because it ties in with the world and lore. At the same time I can see merit in a meter that fills up VERY SLOWLY and then allows you to summon.

Summons are dope though. They went for quality over quantity and it shows.

Ishida

Banned

Ummm... Idk. I really like the way it is now because it ties in with the world and lore. At the same time I can see merit in a meter that fills up VERY SLOWLY and then allows you to summon.

Agreed completely. BUT
we definitely need Bahamut and Ifrit being patched in for gameplay, even if just for post-game.

You can even make that do damage sometimes, where either his footfalls are so heavy that they shake the ground and do damage, or he just flat out steps on the enemies.

the fast travel load times are fucking unbearable

traveling in general is so boring.. once you've listened to the ff7 soundtrack for the 20th time it kinda loses its appeal

How do hell do summoning work?

Is it not explained in game?

i just did the first summon when you invade the base

it made no sense.. the game was telling me to press L2 but nothing happened when i pressed it.. i had to google and apparently you have to be almost dead for it to work.. wtf

traveling in general is so boring.. once you've listened to the ff7 soundtrack for the 20th time it kinda loses its appeal

One wierd thing I noticed is that fast travelling back to your car is a lot faster than fast traveling in general and I'm not sure why that is.

Muffdraul

Yeah, I knew things were getting bad when I started letting it play through the FFXIV, Type 0 and Dissidia OSTs... game I personally have zero "memories" of. =P

Falk

that puzzling face
You can even make that do damage sometimes, where either his footfalls are so heavy that they shake the ground and do damage, or he just flat out steps on the enemies.

Speaking of which, in the Zuu quest where you get Dino's first gem, you can run right at the Zuu to wake it up, and then if it steps on Noctis while taking off you actually take damage.

i just did the first summon when you invade the base

it made no sense.. the game was telling me to press L2 but nothing happened when i pressed it.. i had to google and apparently you have to be almost dead for it to work.. wtf

As the game says, hold L2 until the prompt disappears. about 1-2 seconds after the prompt disappears the summon will appear.

yunbuns

That's okay. :3 I'm sorry too. I was in a hurry leaving with so I pfibsvkg could'be explained myself better.

Speaking of which, in the Zuu quest where you get Dino's first gem, you can run right at the Zuu to wake it up, and then if it steps on Noctis while taking off you actually take damage.
Wait, you're not supposed to wake it up? Cause I totally did, and it just flew away. I thought it was scripted.

Geg

Wait, you're not supposed to wake it up? Cause I totally did, and it just flew away. I thought it was scripted.

It eventually waking up as you go past it a second time is scripted, but I think you can wake it up before that by not even trying to sneak past it lol

Falk

that puzzling face

If you stealth to the gem and grab it, it still wakes up when you're on the way back out. You can short-circuit it by running right at it before grabbing the gem.

Fnord

So I'm driving around at night for, in essence, the first time and a Red Giant crawls out of the ground. No big deal... I was mostly just wasting time for the EXP, anyway, so I take him on. Fight takes a good while, but no harm, no foul. Get back in the car, drive about ten car lengths and TWO of them pop out of the ground. While I'm standing outside of their cone of awareness, pondering if I should take them on or find a place to wait them out, an NPC appears offering to help. Does this happen frequently? Incidentally, it didn't matter. We got about two minutes into the battle when the NPC told us to head for safety.

The funniest thing about Jared is that
you can find and loot his grave

Even though there are so many downsides with this game, its open world and its dungeons are simply phenomenal. Storytelling on the other hand (at least till the beginning of chapter 9) are on par with FF1. I wonder whether they actually played their game. It feels as if their entire focus was on creating this amazing world (which is probably the case).

Also, OG PS4 really struggles with Altissia.

Kyoufu

So I'm driving around at night for, in essence, the first time and a Red Giant crawls out of the ground. No big deal... I was mostly just wasting time for the EXP, anyway, so I take him on. Fight takes a good while, but no harm, no foul. Get back in the car, drive about ten car lengths and TWO of them pop out of the ground. While I'm standing outside of their cone of awareness, pondering if I should take them on or find a place to wait them out, an NPC appears offering to help. Does this happen frequently? Incidentally, it didn't matter. We got about two minutes into the battle when the NPC told us to head for safety.

She jumped in to help me when 2 Red Giants spawned in my game as well. I was so happy.

sappyday

What NPC?
Aranea
?

Since they are taking their sweet time with the patch, I am hopeful for a much more substantial update than simply Pro support and Chapter 13 QoL fix.

I have a question regarding Hunting Missions. I got 4 stars left until Rank 10. I've basically completed everything in the game besides
Costlemark Sealed Dungeon
. What Hunting Mission could I possibly be missing? I've checked all the diners but everything is completed already.

Chun-Li

Since they are taking their sweet time with the patch, I am hopeful for a much more substantial update than simply Pro support and Chapter 13 QoL fix.

We'll see. They are either still working on it or it's in certification limbo. I can imagine quite a few developers are trying to get last minute patches in for the holiday.

I wouldn't doubt that they have some additional fixes based on launch feedback that they want to incorporate too.

Question about Chapters 9 and 10, spoiler tagging, but hoping for an answer:

I didn't do anything in Altissia except the main story. Now I'm on a train in a different part of the world. Since it appeared that Altissia was destroyed in the Leviathan fight, will I ever be able to go back there? I didn't do any hunts, sidequests, etc, and it looked like there was a substantial map that I never really explored.

Top Bottom