• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Mailbox

Question about Chapters 9 and 10, spoiler tagging, but hoping for an answer:

I didn't do anything in Altissia except the main story. Now I'm on a train in a different part of the world. Since it appeared that Altissia was destroyed in the Leviathan fight, will I ever be able to go back there? I didn't do any hunts, sidequests, etc, and it looked like there was a substantial map that I never really explored.

Call Umbra. Though tbh, not much to do in Altissia :/

The map isn't substantial either. Its only slightly larger than Lestallum tbh. Sorry.

Seik

Banned
Question about Chapters 9 and 10, spoiler tagging, but hoping for an answer:

I didn't do anything in Altissia except the main story. Now I'm on a train in a different part of the world. Since it appeared that Altissia was destroyed in the Leviathan fight, will I ever be able to go back there? I didn't do any hunts, sidequests, etc, and it looked like there was a substantial map that I never really explored.

Yes, you can call Umbra at any rest point to go back to the past.

Yes, you can call Umbra at any rest point to go back to the past.

Ooohh so that's what they meant when they said
go back to the past with Umbra when you first arrive at the Altissia hotel.
I had no idea WTF that even meant at the time, like, why would I want to
go back to the past?
Yeah, I get it now. Thanks guys.

Mik317

I keep losing camera control in dungeons....it stays locked until I either reboot or come across an action (like climbing ladders or drawing magic).

Wait what?

I was just driving to a Vyv Photo Op when it flew over head and landed, in my earlier post I got my ass handed to me in there but barely made it out. Was there something I should have grabbed in there?

I believe you have to go back at some point to get the
strange engine. If you go over there and see a magitek generator shooting a red beam, you need to do the quest. Post-game of course.

Balphon

I have clocked about 60 hours in the game and I have never seen Titan come to help. Even when I thought I satisfied his condition, Ramuh or someone else still comes out.

The summons all have different conditions for showing up. The ones you're more likely to see are
Ramuh and Shiva
since theirs are easier to satisfy.

Oh, so Custards are a thing.

Fuck this game.

These sealed door dungeons are horrible.

Also, Ignis' enhancement tech ability doesn't do anything.

I'm so excited for chapter 13. I know absolutely nothing about it except for the fact that everyone hates it. Has me super curious as to what it is about.

So I'm level 80 and finally about to take the plunge and set sail to Altissia. I believe this is where the game shifts to a more linear, story focussed style so I'm excited to see how everything develops. I've really loved the game so far :D

Speaking of summons, I had a fight with three Red Giants earlier, and on the last guy I had to take down Titan appeared and absolutely decimated it, was quite satisfying to see.

Part way into chapter 13 and I can definitely see why people don't like it, although it's definitely not nearly as bad as some people have been saying. Honestly though this segment really seems like it'd be more fitting for a cinematic western AAA title than FF.

And I don't really get why some people were saying in the update road map thread that
making the ring stronger wouldn't help any, just have it kill enemies in this chapter within a few seconds instead of taking forever and that'll solve like 80% of my gripes with this shit.

You'd think after 110 hours of playing.. I would know this but... Can you not airstep with daggers? I just got the best weapon (I think it's the best in the game?) but I can't airstep with them for some reason. I love doing that with my ultima blade..

Giolon

Oh, so Custards are a thing.

Fuck this game.

These sealed door dungeons are horrible.

Also, Ignis' enhancement tech ability doesn't do anything.

Enhancement puts an enemies elemental weakness on Noct's physical attacks.

For custards,
Ring of Lucii Death works wonders

You'd think after 110 hours of playing.. I would know this but... Can you not airstep with daggers? I just got the best weapon (I think it's the best in the game?) but I can't airstep with them for some reason. I love doing that with my ultima blade..

Believe it's just 1h swords and spears.

Afraid not, only with polearns and swords :/ .

Edit: beaten

Mailbox

Fbh

So I just did the dungeon you have to go to for one of the late quests for Cindy, the one that's like a sewer.

Like it a lot, it's easily the most complex one in terms of level design that I've encountered so far and had some cool unique enemies.
But it left me with some doubts about the combat that I hope someone can answer, going to spoiler tag them just in case because I talk about some enemies you encounter here:

- The fight with the upgraded version of the medusa like snake: What the hell am I supposed to do against the spell that turns my whole party into frogs? Defending does nothing, jumping does nothing and there is no place to warp to during this fight.
Once it was at like 50% health it started using the frog spell constantly and it was destroying my party like no other enemy in the game. Had to use like 4 phoenix down and like 10 elixirs because I didn't want to lose my progress... and that's considering that I ended up killing it with a summon

- The final fight with the fire dragon snake (which while recycled from the medusa snake did still look really cool). The lack of the frog spell made this fight much easier and more enjoyable.
But is there really no way to tell my party to back up or follow me?. It has an attack where it throws fire around itself and than another one which is more like an explotion. Both easy to avoid as Noctis but both were destroying the rest of the team because they would just stay close to it. Unless ignis had regroup loaded up (which makes them back away a bit) everytime the boss used one of these attacks it ment my whole team was going to be taken down and I had to start wasting elixirs.
Feels kinda cheap when the challenge from the boss comes from the AI being too limited

Mailbox

Well there we go!
I guess we'll have more details on saturday!

So I just did the dungeon you have to go to for one of the late quests for Cindy, the one that's like a sewer.

Like it a lot, it's easily the most complex one in terms of level design that I've encountered so far and had some cool unique enemies.
But it left me with some doubts about the combat that I hope someone can answer, going to spoiler tag them just in case because I talk about some enemies you encounter here:

- The fight with the upgraded version of the medusa like snake: What the hell am I supposed to do against the spell that turns my whole party into frogs? Defending does nothing, jumping does nothing and there is no place to warp to during this fight.
Once it was at like 50% health it started using the frog spell constantly and it was destroying my party like no other enemy in the game. Had to use like 4 phoenix down and like 10 elixirs because I didn't want to lose my progress... and that's considering that I ended up killing it with a summon

- The final fight with the fire dragon snake (which while recycled from the medusa snake did still look really cool). The lack of the frog spell made this fight much easier and more enjoyable.
But is there really no way to tell my party to back up or follow me?. It has an attack where it throws fire around itself and than another one which is more like an explotion. Both easy to avoid as Noctis but both were destroying the rest of the team because they would just stay close to it. Unless ignis had regroup loaded up (which makes them back away a bit) everytime the boss used one of these attacks it ment my whole team was going to be taken down and I had to start wasting elixirs.
Feels kinda cheap when the challenge from the boss comes from the AI being too limited

1. There's plenty of foods that cancel toad, eat those before heading into the dungeon. Else, buy a boatload of maiden's kisses.
2. The boss of that dungeon isn't
a recycle of the Naga, but rather a reskin of the midgarsomr.
Eitherway, I like that boss a lot. Pretty sure that there are some items and weapons that help with elemental resistance for the party, use those. Else, abuse the fact that activating techs causes the resultant party member to be invincible during its activation (overwhelm notwithstanding).

the party AI is so fucking stupid

can't tell you how many times I'm fighting on my own

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Went ahead and grabbed the season pass as I want to check out those character episodes. Not ready to be done with this world.

My goal before dropping the game and waiting for more content was to hit 99, complete all the sealed doors, and complete that one certain hunt.

Decided against the sealed doors because they're boring and all exactly the same with terrible rewards. Decided against the hunt for the same reason.

Slept with the 3x multiplier, everybody hit 99 but Prompto.

Fuck Prompto.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I think the "Mind the Trap" quest from that boy in Lestallum broke me.

I usually have high tolerance for various kinds of bullshits in RPGs, JRPGs especially, but that quest just broke me. I was actually angry that someone from Square was stupid and idiotic enough to decide that quests like these---where you have to run around looking for objects to fill that 0/5 -insert whatever item here- inside a huge circular area are fun, and to include them in the game en masse.

This quest just broke me.

God I hope they fix the game breaking bug

What game breaking bug...?

I usually have high tolerance for various kinds of bullshits in RPGs, JRPGs especially, but that quest just broke me. I was actually angry that someone from Square was stupid and idiotic enough to decide that quests like these---where you have to run around looking for objects to fill that 0/5 -insert whatever item here- inside a huge circular area are fun, and to include them in the game en masse.

Lol, I must have gotten lucky with that one because I didn't have much trouble with it, even doing it at night. Although if you think that's bad wait until the final frog quest...
they're spread all over the world map with no markers whatsoever, and your only hint is that you'll find them near water.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Lol, I must have gotten lucky with that one because I didn't have much trouble with it, even doing it at night. Although if you think that's bad wait until the final frog quest...
they're spread all over the world map with no markers whatsoever, and your only hint is that you'll find them near water.

FUCK THAT.

I am gonna YouTube that crap when I get it. The way they handled sidequests in this game is really fucking idiotic moronic stupid shit grade SSS bullshit.

ramyeon

This quest just broke me.

What game breaking bug...?
I had to watch a YouTube video to do that quest.

It was rage inducingly dumb.

Top Bottom