• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

vareon

In terms of using Magic, is there any good way to not actually hit your bros?

Everybody and their mothers suggested Ignis' regroup, but the trouble is, it regroups to his location instead of Noct's, and since I can't control Ignis, more often than not when I use regroup Ignis is in the middle of cluster of enemies that I intended to use magic to in the first place and thus all four of us are regrouped in a location that I don't want -______________________-

Just throw and let them have it.

HkL5NH0.jpg

zarnold56

So frustrated with a side quest
the professor's protégé- Griffon. The damn feather never drops. I have killed this thing over 10 times now

Zafir

I was lucky, I didn't encounter any Coeurls there, although centipede-like enemies do appear every now and then.

They didn't even mark where the trap were and they weren't obvious looking too unless you get close. I guess I should count my blessings that I didn't do it at night, couldn't even imagine the nightmare, urghhh.

They were always there when I tried to do it was a bloody nightmare considering I was not levelled for them lol.

The only reason I managed to do it when I did was because there seems to be a bit of a weird thing with spawns when reloading. So basically I saved just before fighting them, I lost because my party members kept getting killed by the blaster one-shot move, and on reloading, they'd vanished. I can only assume it's because I was too close to the spawn box for them, so it just didn't spawn them.

Finding the traps was as much of a nightmare too - couldn't see them on the ground at all. Part of the issue is how interactions work in the game. You practically have to be touching the stuff for it to let you know you can interact. There's a reason most games are really generous with how close you have to be to interact!

This became an issue in a late-game optional dungeon
Crestholm Channels, where you basically have to interact with something in the dungeon. They blended into the environment so well that I didn't know you could interact with said objects, and so I wandered aimlessly for ages until finally I eventually brushed past what you have to interact with.

Manu

>select a hunt, active at "all times"
>chocobo ride for 5 minutes to destination
>hunt is located in dungeon which opens only at night

15542170_10211675062182013_5863343343262090982_n.jpg

Is sealed Castlemark dungeon for real?
no items is bad enough but 4 fucking iron Giants? Really?
might just switch to easy mode bc this shit is dumb lol

Kaizer

Banned
Holy shit, just did a monster hunt to take down a pack of Lvl. 34 Couerls & it was probably the hardest thing I've done in this game, even playing on Easy. They were tearing everyone up to pieces, had to use Phoenix Downs & Elxirs constantly. Definitely my least favorite monsters I've encountered thus far.

JBwB

That level 120 monster was a damn fun fight. I actually had to use magic for it.

In the end I killed it with a point blank warp strike lol.

Now... On to Costlemark's sealed dungeon.

Zafir

>select a hunt, active at "all times"
>chocobo ride for 5 minutes to destination
>hunt is located in dungeon which opens only at night

15542170_10211675062182013_5863343343262090982_n.jpg

I've been lucky in that when I did two of the night dungeons. I arrived at them at around 18:00 and so by the time I figured out they only opened at night, I only needed to wait a few mins before it actually was.

Lynx_7

The only appropriate picture.

I thought about choosing something funny like Ignis faceplanting the ground but I didn't have the heart. Had to go with the Regalia picture with the crew cus I'm a goddamn softie.

One of my favorite videogame endings in a long time. I just really wish this game hadn't been rushed to release. A fully fledged out version of XV could potentially be a top 3 FF for me. As it stands, I'm gonna have to let it sink in before deciding where it falls in my ranking.

Time to do the post-game content.

silva1991

Wow at those sealed costlemark posts. I'm glad I gave the game to my sister before trying it. Wouldn't want to throw the game out of the window before giving it to her lol.

4 fucking iron giants with no items allowed.
... fucking hell.

OrionX

I tried for five hours before giving up. It feels fucking impossible on normal.

I mean I know Ignis has an accessory where he'll feed you elixirs if your health gets low, but I don't feel like looking for that shit just to get through one cheap-ass dungeon. lol

Jarmel

Banned
I mean I know Ignis has an accessory where he'll feed you elixirs if your health gets low, but I don't feel like looking for that shit just to get through one cheap-ass dungeon. lol

I had that item. Didn't do shit as Ignis was dead half the time due to the spamming of the goddamn AOE attacks.

Mezoly

Easiest way to level: lasagna, expericast, bandersnatch, high Xp hotel. Went from 60 to 90 in one fight with about ten minutes prep.

Yeah, it's serious business. Even in chapter 1, with no lasagna and just using the Debased Coins I pick up off the ground, I got 5-figure EXP that way.

It's not a quest or hunt; it's just roaming around there. The easiest way to find it is to talk to the guy at the diner at Hammerhead and put a marker on the Eos Green Peas slightly to the northeast. If you pick up the peas, there's another low-value food item--potatoes or something--nearby that's right around there, too.

There's one that spawns just north of Hammerhead, in the little crater area on the map.

Most people are just doing it for the trophy. There's a trophy for getting each of the bros skills to level 10. If you aren't going for the platinum, and dislike fishing, you can ignore.

Using Expeicast is definitely faster (just the collecting of coins is what takes awhile), but I found farming the quest mission killing wyverns next to the volcano was better for me. Not only was it good experience (roughly 4800xp every 3 mins or so) but up to 11,000ish gil from the drops they give you as well (1600 a piece).

Leveled from 60-99 in a few hours and went from 150kish to 600kish as well. Was able to kill two birds with one sword. XD

Use one fire, and as many of the same coin as possible to receive as high an XP bonus cast as you can. Do this for all different types of coins you have. Equip one of them. Go north of Hammerhead to the crater, or to any other place with an enemy/enemies that will serve for a pretty long fight. Cast all of the spells at the enemy, try to make fight last long enough to get them all off, then kill the enemy/enemies when you've run out of spells.

It helps if you equip bad gear on your allies, and unequip as much as possible.

Also, obviously go to Altissa before you start to get the 100% more XP food, and after to get the 3x XP sleep bonus.

You don't want high potency though, that just increases damage dealt. I did forget to mention Moogle Charms though.

I just wanted to thank each and everyone of you. I leveled from 42 to 60 in less than an hour it was awesome.

naw

How the hell did you get past the Iron Giant x4 room?
honestly the hardest fight for me in the entire game. wasn't really prepped for it at all

What I ended up doing was going into elemancy and crafting the best blizzaga spell I could craft with the items that I had. I think what I ended up crafting was a tricast blizzaga with like x13 uses or something like that. Then for the actual fight i just ran around and casted blizzaga whenever I could. All my teammates were dead, the initial plan was to have prompto use gravisphere so I could cast the magic on all four of em at once but for some reason gravisphere was greyed out and I couldn't use it, so I just focused on one iron giant at a time. Shit took like 30 mins, and even after you beat them the stress doesn't go away cause you still have to clear a couple rooms after that one, so if I would've died after spending 30 mins on that fight I would've quit right then and there.

but i didn't die 💫

Jarmel

Banned
honestly the hardest fight for me in the entire game. wasn't really prepped for it at all

What I ended up doing was going into elemancy and crafting the best blizzaga spell I could craft with the items that I had. I think what I ended up crafting was a tricast blizzaga with like x13 uses or something like that. Then for the actual fight i just ran around and casted blizzaga whenever I could. All my teammates were dead, the initial plan was to have prompto use gravisphere so I could cast the magic on all four of em at once but for some reason gravisphere was greyed out and I couldn't use it, so I just focused on one iron giant at a time. Shit took like 30 mins, and even after you beat them the stress doesn't go away cause you still have to clear a couple rooms after that one, so if I would've died after spending 30 mins on that fight I would've quit right then and there.

but i didn't die ��

I figured you pretty much had to cheese the magic system because it's such a bullshit fight.

I like how when the game actually starts getting difficult the battle system completely shits on itself.

Pretty much. The harder fights make you realize how garbage the combat system can be, especially when dealing with AOE stuff.

Spoo

Just finished sealed Steyliff (aka Sealed Tonberrys). Dunno if I want to do the rest. That shit was *so* boring.

JBwB

Just finished sealed Steyliff (aka Sealed Tonberrys). Dunno if I want to do the rest. That shit was *so* boring.

Crestholm is nothing compared to Steyliff so you can do that one with ease if you haven't already done so.

Costlemark is the one people seem to be having problems with.

LotusHD

Banned

Just finished it too. Wasn't particularly bored, probably because my friends were around to keep me occasional company, though it obviously went on for awhile. By the time I reached the final floor, I was actually surprised, because I thought I had like 10-20 more to go. Hardest thing was the Master Tonberry for sure.

How the hell did you get past the Iron Giant x4 room?

That's the exact room I got to where I said these assholes weren't for real. It's Trolling: The Dungeon.

It seems like the Costelmark Sealed Dungeon is the only thing that's going to actually challenge me. The other dungeons are cool and all, but when you're so stocked up, it ultimately doesn't matter for shit lol

I had that item. Didn't do shit as Ignis was dead half the time due to the spamming of the goddamn AOE attacks.

That sucks to hear. I'll probably get it though just in case. What is it called?

Before I enter that dungeon, I have more stuff I wanna unlock from the Ascension grid, so I may as well go all out.

Holy shit, just did a monster hunt to take down a pack of Lvl. 34 Couerls & it was probably the hardest thing I've done in this game, even playing on Easy. They were tearing everyone up to pieces, had to use Phoenix Downs & Elxirs constantly. Definitely my least favorite monsters I've encountered thus far.

Had to bolt while I had the chance.
Barely survived just one on my way to a story mission.

Top Bottom