• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Any tips not to make camera fizzles out during multi-foes encounters?

Cause that shit is sooooooooooo fucking bad. Especially if you fight inside a location with plenty of small trees/shrubs around, 90% of the time you can't even see shit.

It's like the battle system just gave up -_______-

Whose bright idea is it anyways not to let the camera sees through bushes/trees/shrubs/whatever anyways? Goddamn idiotic game design right there -________-

Gah, this game makes me want to strangle babies sometimes, but I just can't stop playing -__________-

Any tips not to make camera fizzles out during multi-foes encounters?

Cause that shit is sooooooooooo fucking bad. Especially if you fight inside a location with plenty of small trees/shrubs around, 90% of the time you can't even see shit.

It's like the battle system just gave up -_______-

Whose bright idea is it anyways not to let the camera sees through bushes/trees/shrubs/whatever anyways? Goddamn idiotic game design right there -________-

Gah, this game makes me want to strangle babies sometimes, but I just can't stop playing -__________-
Play some Ninja Gaiden and come back, and the camera won't seem so bad anymore.

This is, undoubtedly, Prompto's best work:

UpFHXaf.jpg

That boy just has an amazing photographic eye.

Mailbox

While I know future FF games will probably not have the photo feature, I love it in this game and am gonna miss it in future games :(

Edgeward

I didn't realize one of the meals makes your max HP go way down. I thought my game was bugged lol. Good thing I was overleveled or that mythril quest boss would've been a real pain.

JBwB

3 camps into Costlemark and I'm already feeling the burn.

Dungeon is no joke lol. It's only gonna get harder from here.

LotusHD

Banned
Finished the game yesterday. Good stuff.

How should I proceed with the post-game?

Start being serious about getting to Lv99, and slowly make your way through the legendary weapons quest and Sealed Dungeons. Get all Royal Arms first if you haven't already.

ffvorax

I want to say it. I LIKED Chapter 13.
It remembered me a lot
the Shinra Building in FFVII.
I appreciated
the change from action to a more slow paced gameplay, the use of the ring, and then when you get back a weapon it's so good! :D
I didn't actually really finished it but I think I'm almost there
I found all my friends and then we got separated again and I stopped playing while I was on a tunnel alone...

I want to say it. I LIKED Chapter 13.
It remembered me a lot
the Shinra Building in FFVII.
I appreciated
the change from action to a more slow paced gameplay, the use of the ring, and then when you get back a weapon it's so good! :D
I didn't actually really finished it but I think I'm almost there
I found all my friends and then we got separated again and I stopped playing while I was on a tunnel alone...

Ch. 13 also gave me the same feeling. Man that chapter creeped me out a couple times. Pretty cool. I did get s headache from playing through it but it was all worth it.

You're almost done.

I also finished the game. Level 45

If not for the crappy story and rushed parts this would've been the best game.

I'll rank it in my top 3 games ever.

In regards to final fantasy... I've only completed 7 and 9 before this. Played 8 and never finished (lost interest)

Thinking back in it, final fantasy stories never really did seem to make much sense and what makes them so cool.

Really enjoyed hearing ardyns theme. So dark.

TI82

Banned
Just got to chapter 3, really fun game digging it a ton!

But question, how do I use Blizzard without harming my teammates...? It always freezes them too

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Sealed.

Edit: Oh god...
There's 4 Iron giants in this room lol
That's by far the hardest room in the dungeon, especially if you have the Dominator broadsword and
pyro suits

Remember that healcasts heal you and you'll be fine.
I switched to easy around the 40th floor, mostly because it was my second try after grabbing some abilities, but since you don't have the easy mode auto ressurection there, I kind of wish I didn't.

massoluk

Banned
GAF better not lie to me about no respawn in Costlemark, after clearing three groups of that damn exploding flame things with lucky summon interventions and completely ran out of phoenix down, I bailed the fuck out of that place. I'll be back, Costlemark, I'll be back

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
GAF better not lie to me about no respawn in Costlemark, after clearing three groups of that damn exploding flame things with lucky summon interventions and completely ran out of phoenix down, I bailed the fuck out of that place. I'll be back, Costlemark, I'll be back
I went through that dungeon 4 times total and there's only one room where mobs respawn every time you enter and those aren't bombs, so you're fine.

JBwB

That's by far the hardest room in the dungeon, especially if you have the Dominator broadsword and
pyro suits

Remember that healcasts heal you and you'll be fine.
I switched to easy around the 40th floor, mostly because it was my second try after grabbing some abilities, but since you don't have the easy mode auto ressurection there, I kind of wish I didn't.

I just managed to get past that area just now.

Weirdly enough the
4 Iron Giants
weren't where I was struggling. They can be easily dispatched with magic which fortunately I created shit loads of before entering the dungeon.

It was actually the
level 90 Braindraniers
that were causing me issues there lol.

LotusHD

Banned

I hope you come back quickly. If I recall correctly, don't dungeons respawn after you load/reset the game back up?

anothertech

Something I've noticed in regards to summons, after you beat the game, it seems the summons are much more frequent. At least for me they have been. Absolute godsend for some fights.

Asd202

Where can I summon
Leviathan?
I heard she can only appear in specific places
I'm guessing somewhere close to water.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I just managed to get past that area just now.

Weirdly enough the
4 Iron Giants
weren't where I was struggling. They can be easily dispatched with magic which fortunately I created shit loads of before entering the dungeon.

It was actually the
level 90 Braindraniers
that were causing me issues there lol.
For me those 2 rooms in a row (I think they were in a row?) where the reason I junped out and grabbed some more skills. Both were easier when I started using Dominator instead of the
Ultima Blade

dreamfall

So having heard nothing on Chapter 13, after a couple hours I finally got through it. Goodness, that was such a slog and such a pace killer. I feel like I have to see the end now baha. It was great to set the villain and story up but it was so very boring...

Almost there! I can feel it! The presentation in the game continues to astound me. Some of the coolest set pieces I've seen in a console game ever!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
It's interesting that a number of websites are including FFXV in their top lists. Their usual remarks are:
- The game is very accessible to newcomers and longtime fans
- It's a beautiful mess. Like the game is like a frankenstein but it's great, beautiful, and fun.

Took me a while to finish (~50 hours. About 3 hours a day!).

Even with all its flaws, I haven't been this engrossed in a game like this in a long, long time.

Damn it.
I did not expect to cry so hard...

Vexii

What is the consensus on story content? The only other FF I've played is VII, which is probably the most story-rich game I've ever played.

Coming out of Chapter 5 on this one, I'm thinking... Eeeeehhhhh?

It's interesting that a number of websites are including FFXV in their top lists. Their usual remarks are:
- It's a beautiful mess. Like the game is like a frankenstein but it's great, beautiful, and fun.

As a longtime fan I ended up loving it. It is a complete mess though.

Mentok

Banned

Yup, sums it up perfectly for me.

Question about Umbra:

You can only go to past Lucis from a hotel or something like that, right? Not from camps? Because I am now in chapter 12 and I haven't had a chance to go back yet... Is it coming up?

Question about Umbra:

You can only go to past Lucis from a hotel or something like that, right? Not from camps? Because I am now in chapter 12 and I haven't had a chance to go back yet... Is it coming up?

You can rest at the train car in Tenebrae and use Umbra.

Athreous

Do you think that SE will introduce the Gladio's DLC inside the main game, or as a standalone quest?

Would be great if we had the chance to choose/must do it when
Gladios leaves the group for a day

New cutscenes, monsters, locations and weapons/items maybe?

I'd die to explore
that reactor, the crown city, nifelheim and actually see more monsters flying around so we could actually go after them to hunt them down!

Anything about Weapon like monsters?

Ferr986

It's basically what is it. Story is a giant colossal mess but damn I can't stop playing it. If it wasn't for Dark Souls 3 it would easily be my GOTY, and even them they're fucking close (DS3 also had it's problems too).

Gbraga

If you stealth to the gem and grab it, it still wakes up when you're on the way back out. You can short-circuit it by running right at it before grabbing the gem.

You don't have to go back the same way, though. I was sure that was scripted, but already left battle mode and was about to go back to the road, and it didn't wake up at all.

Of course, then I ran right back at it just to see the animation. But yeah, you don't need to see it waking up.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YvydbqV.png[/IMG]

LMAO

Vic_Viper

Is Costlemark Dungeon part of the main dungeons that have to be completed before you can acquire the item to open the locked doors?

JBwB

Finally got the Platinum after defeating
Adamantoise
. Managed to finish pretty much all of the content the game had to offer as well (side quests, hunts & dungeons).

All in all I really enjoyed my time with it. The combat system in particular is one of the best I've experienced in any mainline FF game.

Hopefully SE will be able to develop and release FFXVI before the end of this generation. I shall be waiting for the announcement trailer till then haha.

Top Bottom