• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Loading times are very fast. Expect gains of around 50%.

My friend actually said "Holy shit that SSD in action!" when I showed him my progress last week.

Oh fuck it is that big of a difference? Fuck. I don't want to buy a PS4 Pro and SSD but......

I hate the current loading times.

vypek

I'm not sure if my game has a glitch or not. I experienced on earlier for sure but now I'm starting to think I've been suffering through a longer one.

The side quest from the weapon vendor in Lestallum called "Tails Spin" is impossible for me to turn in. No matter how I walk/angle/approach/turn camera there is no prompt to complete the quest. Am I screwed or is something else happening?

I'm not sure if my game has a glitch or not. I experienced on earlier for sure but now I'm starting to think I've been suffering through a longer one.

The side quest from the weapon vendor in Lestallum called "Tails Spin" is impossible for me to turn in. No matter how I walk/angle/approach/turn camera there is no prompt to complete the quest. Am I screwed or is something else happening?

You arent just trying to talk to him are you? The turn in is to his left i believe.

Septimius

So that guy at the place over seas has some amazingly expensive, but also really good meals. How does learning recipes from meals you buy work? I've bought some expensive meals without Ignis picking up the recipe

Does anyone know? Wouldn't wanna spend half my money on a one time meal

Oh fuck it is that big of a difference? Fuck. I don't want to buy a PS4 Pro and SSD but......

I hate the current loading times.

I have a Pro and a Samsung Evo 850 1TB SSD and load times haven't been an issue at all. I use fast travel all the time. Sometimes its so fast the progress bar doesn't even have time to appear.

Finally had Titan show up and it was the best timing ever. I discovered the narrow passage in Duscae where the couerl hang out and they absolutely destroyed me. Was all out of Phoenix downs and am limping away desperately and then I notice the summon prompt is up and bam. Dude peeks down at me and shatters those couerl bastards in one hit from a boulder. It looked incredible! Never saw it on my first play through though, but better late than never.

Mik317

I don't think that's it. All that does is open up my items menu. I'm using type B controls if that helps

Yeah I've been doing that but nothing happens lol. DOes it have something to do with those particle effects that happen when you use the ring?

I think you need MAX MP...but even then IDFK. It worked sometimes (and even then it starts to miss because otherwise its hax)

Perineum

Has it been posted on when they plan to fix trophy bugs?

I never got my complete chapter 3 and 4 trophies, summoning a summon for the first time or my swords.

A few others that didn't pop that I did like 40 quests---that is if Bounties count towards that.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Finally had Titan show up and it was the best timing ever. I discovered the narrow passage in Duscae where the couerl hang out and they absolutely destroyed me. Was all out of Phoenix downs and am limping away desperately and then I notice the summon prompt is up and bam. Dude peeks down at me and shatters those couerl bastards in one hit from a boulder. It looked incredible! Never saw it on my first play through though, but better late than never.

I'll never understand the Coeurls. Level 95 party but a couple of level 39 of these cat assholes are enough to decimate you in seconds. They are brutal beyond words. I think I end all fights with them, via summon lol.

I never got my complete chapter 3 and 4 trophies, summoning a summon for the first time or my swords.

A few others that didn't pop that I did like 40 quests---that is if Bounties count towards that.

I know that the first summon is scripted so it doesn't count for the trophy, but for the others...yeah that must be glitched.

Footos22

Bounties don't count.

It's sad how excited I was that I was going to unlock the sealed dungeons at the end of the game thinking I'd get so many more amazing dungeons like the first half. Unfortunately they are all shit. :( at least the new dungeon that unlocks after the game is interesting. Frustrating sometimes but still really cool.

Mailbox

I'll never understand the Coeurls. Level 95 party but a couple of level 39 of these cat assholes are enough to decimate you in seconds. They are brutal beyond words. I think I end all fights with them, via summon lol.

2+ of them are pretty easy at level 70 imo.

they have a hard hitting aoe and they heal themselves when left alone, so you need to focus one at a time and keep them down. piercer, dawnhammer, daggers, overwhelm

Dimmle

It's sad how excited I was that I was going to unlock the sealed dungeons at the end of the game thinking I'd get so many more amazing dungeons like the first half. Unfortunately they are all shit. :( at least the new dungeon that unlocks after the game is interesting. Frustrating sometimes but still really cool.
The sealed dungeons are still pretty fun as combat trials, I think. Going in with the right expectations helps.

Lightning

Banned
Fuck Square man. It took me the entire game to realize the conditions to get these summons to fucking come out and help me.I could never get Leviathan to help me, could never figure out why, now I know I wasn't doing the right condition. Now he comes out on a consistent basis when I want him. Why doesn't the game tel you this shit? That's just annoying.

Ishida

Banned
Fuck Square man. It took me the entire game to realize the conditions to get these summons to fucking come out and help me.I could never get Leviathan to help me, could never figure out why, now I know I wasn't doing the right condition. Now he comes out on a consistent basis when I want him. Why doesn't the game tel you this shit? That's just annoying.

I'm glad they kept the summons as a mystery. It makes them look more like the deities they are rather than the pets they usually are in other games of the series. Actually, I hope it becomes the norm from now on.

I bumped into one after leaving the very first dungeon with the sword at lvl 9. It was lvl 36. Why the hell was it even there?
Also had a Nifilheim mech thing turn up at lvl 74 when I was barely 20. Running away seems to be a necessary tactic. Lucky I improved Noctis' stamina.

The sealed dungeons are still pretty fun as combat trials, I think. Going in with the right expectations helps.

They definitely are. I actually really enjoyed myself in Costlemark's. It was basically a test of attrition.

I'm near the end of that one but I'm not liking the combat encounters they throw at you at all. Could have used like 30 less rooms full of faceroll goblins and those other things. They aren't challenging and just waste time. I feel like if they were going to do combat trials, they should have just made it 10 rooms per dungeon with single or maybe 2 hard enemies to deal with. Maybe optional versions of the different bosses you fight.

LordKasual

Banned

Eh? I was under the impression it was completely random and only happened when the game thought you were getting your ass kicked.

Do tell!

That
Adamantoise
fight was, in fact, an aggressive waste of time.

The contrast between what i was thinking running up to the Adamantoise vs. what i was thinking while attempting to fight it was staggering. EVERY flaw of the battle engine is brought to light. The camera and targeting in this fight make it almost unplayable for me.

I really hope square intends to patch some of the camera tight spots. The larger the enemy, the worst it is, which is a damn shame because of just how amazing the large enemies are in this game.

Anyway, my party is standing at lv 75 and some Lv99 Magitek Armor just dropped out the sky and fucked my mouth. I was just about to go try some lv99 hunts to see how i stack up, but now i think i should throw back on the Moogle Charms....

OrionX

The contrast between what i was thinking running up to the Adamantoise vs. what i was thinking while attempting to fight it was staggering. EVERY flaw of the battle engine is brought to light. The camera and targeting in this fight make it almost unplayable for me.

I really hope square intends to patch some of the camera tight spots. The larger the enemy, the worst it is, which is a damn shame because of just how amazing the large enemies are in this game.

Yep. I felt like I was just battling the camera and trying to get into a decent position most of the time. And for the most part it just sat there getting rekt. lol

Got my platinum now though. :)

Woah the city of
Altissia
is making my jaw drop a little. The scene of us getting in was spectacular. Helps that the lighting was at that optimal stage in which it makes everything look great (you know what I'm talking about, clear skies, from around 10:00-15:00) and it was great. The city itself is bursting with life and it feels almost as if it was real and I was a tourist routing around

Graphics were nice, but the city itself was a boring sterile maze to me. My least favourite part of the whole game was meandering around that lifeless city.

I just finished Chapter 13, and it was just meh, like the rest of the game. At least it was something different. Way too long, boring, and tedious, but a change of pace. Oh, and for extra mediocrity, a boss teleported behind a locked door so I couldn't get to it and forced me to reload my last save.

Graphics were nice, but the city itself was a boring sterile maze to me. My least favourite part of the whole game was meandering around that lifeless city.

I just finished Chapter 13, and it was just meh, like the rest of the game. At least it was something different. Way too long, boring, and tedious, but a change of pace. Oh, and for extra mediocrity, a boss teleported behind a locked door so I couldn't get to it and forced me to reload my last save.

Got Lightning Returns vibes from
Altissa

Ok so I'm on chapter 13 can anyone give me a non spoiler indication of how much longer I have left? I just did the part with
the 9 rooms and you need to use the key cards to open the up in the correct order.

Top Bottom