• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Lightning

Banned
Eh? I was under the impression it was completely random and only happened when the game thought you were getting your ass kicked.

Do tell!
Spoiler

Leviathan appears much more when Noctis is in danger status a lot. Previously I couldn't get the son of a bitch to appear cause I always done my best to prevent danger status but constant danger status gets Leviathan coming out as long as water is nearby.

Titan same thing expect his condition is downed allies. At least that's what I've noticed.

Shiva I'm still not sure. Can't consistently get her to come out yet.

Geg

Ok so I'm on chapter 13 can anyone give me a non spoiler indication of how much longer I have left? I just did the part with
the 9 rooms and you need to use the key cards to open the up in the correct order.

From what I remember I'd say you're well over halfway at this point. Maybe an hour left?

finally got to play this last night, ended up glued to it for several hours.

the game looks incredible and i was very impressed w the image quality. the food all looks so good i wanna eat it.

combat took a minute getting used to but i can see it being lots of fun. the camera during combat seemed a bit weird but when turning it back to my friend who owns the game, he was able to fight and control the camera well, so it could've been me. still i hope they do something about it. they need a way to zoom in momentarily or something. for comparison when playing MGSV it's almost effortlessly easy to get things to look really good.

overall presentation was pretty cool. the driving mechanic was actually kinda fun. i didn't think they would put in the manual controls but they were fine.

really looking forward to playing this! PC, please!!!

Gbraga

Random question: Does the short warp you have available with magic equipped also reset your airstep count?

That would be cool. I must remember to test it before getting airdance. Weapon warps do reset it, but it would look even cooler with the trickster dash thing.

BriGuy

Assuming I have no 333 AP skills acquired yet, what should I get first? I'm in chapter 8 at level 70 and can't imagine getting too many of these tier skills before I finish the game.

So how does the post game stuff work? After I beat the final boss, is it a case of the game treats it as if I'm right before the final boss? Also after I beat the game, I can still go back and do stuff without starting a new save right?

Ferr986

WTF at those Yoda like
Tomberies from one of the legendary weapons quest
they fucking one shot me at level high 60 lol

Should I level up more or there's a trick for them?

Assuming I have no 333 AP skills acquired yet, what should I get first? I'm in chapter 8 at level 70 and can't imagine getting too many of these tier skills before I finish the game.

I recommend the infinite airstep one first. It's fantastic.

Any tips for doing the final training thing? It's so annoying.. Ignis won't go down and my target keeps changing for some reason.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Everyone rags on Chapter 13 but I didn't find it all that tedious or horridly designed, just overly long.

Meanwhile, Chapter 14 is some massive, massive bullshit. They
throw obviously overleveled enemies at you forcing you to run and hide, the Ifrit battle is extremely tedious with his frequent spontaneous combustion buffing his defense so that your attacks do 0 damage. Enough one-shot bullshit kills that force you to spam Phoenix Downs and recovery items so you run of everything just in time for Ardyn. And Ardyn's battle is some bullshit

I need help on that. I don't understand
that second phase of Ardyn's battle, where the game turns into DBZ. It's COMPLETELY incomprehensible. His attacks have zero rhyme or reason, he damages you at completely random times. I stand there for like 30 seconds waiting for my health to refill itself, Ardyn jitters around in what I THINK are attacks that I'm automatically dodging. Warp attacks do zero damage, so I stop doing those. But then I do my regular attacks and out of nowhere I get damaged and half my health is gone? I don't even see the attacks coming, by health bar just depletes. And mind you I have no Phoenix Downs at this point so a single full depletion of the health bar is an instant Game Over.

Ch 14 is infinitely worse than 13, and I have no idea why nobody seems to notice this...

BriGuy

WTF at those Yoda like

That's been their shtick from the beginning. In this game, I've found you can pretty much just block and counter them to death without much risk.

JBwB

WTF at those Yoda like

IIRC that's a level
quest. So yes you should be leveling up more.

They're pretty easy once you learn their moveset.

Ch 14 is infinitely worse than 13, and I have no idea why nobody seems to notice this...

I haven't seen anyone complain about it so I think you're in the minority here. What level were you for these fights?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Everyone rags on Chapter 13 but I didn't find it all that tedious or horridly designed, just overly long..

The chapter 13 stuff is extreme hyperbole. Its just one of those things that gained momentum and people ran with it. The narrative complaints are completely fair though.

So how does the post game stuff work? After I beat the final boss, is it a case of the game treats it as if I'm right before the final boss? Also after I beat the game, I can still go back and do stuff without starting a new save right?

Yes you can go back and do stuff after you beat the game without starting a new save file as it will create a clear save file for the post game stuff. When you reload the game it puts you in the room/rest area before the final boss and then
you can go back into the past using umbra to do sidequests.

The chapter 13 stuff is extreme hyperbole. Its just one of those things that gained momentum and people ran with it. The narrative complaints are completely fair though.

It's nuts that that's what gained the momentum when Chapter 14 follows that immediately after and IS a giant steaming pile of turd from a gameplay standpoint. Like I said,
Ardyn's phase 2 battle is COMPLETELY incomprehensible.

Ferr986

IIRC that's a level
quest. So yes you should be leveling up more.

They're pretty easy once you understand how they fight.

Yes I know, I wanted to push it to get the weapons earlier, but I guess I'll try later.

That's been their shtick from the beginning. In this game, I've found you can pretty much just block and counter them to death without much risk.

Problem is that they literally one shoot the bros, not only me. But yeah maybe I'm a bit underleveled.

How can I open the closed doors in the dungeons?
I finished the game, so I can now?

I think the way you get the Key to trigger is that You'll need to have finished the basic, first layout of several dungeons before she hands over the key. So you have to defeat the boss at the end of each dungeon. Then a quest should appear at the Meldacia Hunter HQ and you visit a women named Ezma and she will give you a key. I have the key, but the quest just should up there at some point after completing some dungeons.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Everyone rags on Chapter 13 but I didn't find it all that tedious or horridly designed, just overly long.

throw obviously overleveled enemies at you forcing you to run and hide, the Ifrit battle is extremely tedious with his frequent spontaneous combustion buffing his defense so that your attacks do 0 damage. Enough one-shot bullshit kills that force you to spam Phoenix Downs and recovery items so you run of everything just in time for Ardyn. And Ardyn's battle is some bullshit

that second phase of Ardyn's battle, where the game turns into DBZ. It's COMPLETELY incomprehensible. His attacks have zero rhyme or reason, he damages you at completely random times. I stand there for like 30 seconds waiting for my health to refill itself, Ardyn jitters around in what I THINK are attacks that I'm automatically dodging. Warp attacks do zero damage, so I stop doing those. But then I do my regular attacks and out of nowhere I get damaged and half my health is gone? I don't even see the attacks coming, by health bar just depletes. And mind you I have no Phoenix Downs at this point so a single full depletion of the health bar is an instant Game Over.

I spammed without stop R1+ triangle and won.

Grisby

Like ten minutes.
Wow, shouldn't have stopped. Hope the ending is good. I like the idea of ch 14, but it doesn't have much of an impact considering how the second half of the game is super rushed.

Except for ch13, they gave that some ample time. Yep.

What's the best food for tackling the (end game)
Adamantoise
?

The legendary whopper says it greatly increases strength but I don't know how much

Ourobolus

Banned
Wow, shouldn't have stopped. Hope the ending is good. I like the idea of ch 14, but it doesn't have much of an impact considering how the second half of the game is super rushed.

Except for ch13, they gave that some ample time. Yep.
Well I guess technically it is longer, but it's mostly cutscenes.

Adamantoise
?

Forget what it is, but the one that makes all your attacks critical hits.

LordKasual

Banned
Spoiler

Leviathan appears much more when Noctis is in danger status a lot. Previously I couldn't get the son of a bitch to appear cause I always done my best to prevent danger status but constant danger status gets Leviathan coming out as long as water is nearby.

Titan same thing expect his condition is downed allies. At least that's what I've noticed.

I'm almost positive the condition for all of them is the same, and the only real variables influencing which one comes to your aid is where you are on the map.

But you aren't supposed to be able to summon them at will, they pretty much do what they want in this game.

JBwB

Adamantoise
?

The legendary whopper says it greatly increases strength but I don't know how much

Go for food that increases your crit rate chance.

Couple that with some strong daggers + Ignis' Enhance tech and you'll defeat it in no time.

Spoiler

Shiva's conditions are a mixture of all the other Astrals. Along with Ramuh, she's also the only other Astral to not have any geographic location conditions.

Basically she shows up where and when ever she wants.

Chessr

I'm almost positive the condition for all of them is the same, and the only real variables influencing which one comes to your aid is where you are on the map.

But you aren't supposed to be able to summon them at will, they pretty much do what they want in this game.

Titan spawned for me in phase 1 against Ardyn and Leviathan against the behemoth i think.

RDreamer

How does CH14 and the ending handle experience? I've banked some and kind of want to complete the game but if it's just going to give me a 1x multiplier I'll obviously go hit a hotel before I go through it. If it won't I'd rather bank.

TI82

Banned
So I don't think anyone answered me before, but is there a command to have your teammates back up? Because Blizzard always hits them when I cast it.

Also sometimes when running I run out of stamina, turn green and keep running ?

LordKasual

Banned
Titan spawned for me in phase 1 against Ardyn and Leviathan against the behemoth i think.

See. I didn't even know the Astrals help you fight Ardyn.

How does CH14 and the ending handle experience? I've banked some and kind of want to complete the game but if it's just going to give me a 1x multiplier I'll obviously go hit a hotel before I go through it. If it won't I'd rather bank.

I can't remember honestly. Just make a separate save, or don't save after the credits.

So I don't think anyone answered me before, but is there a command to have your teammates back up? Because Blizzard always hits them when I cast it.

Closest thing you can do is just use Ignis' Regroup before you cast. But that's impractical because it takes 2 bars, and when you start using -ra / -ga spells, the effect is too large to bother trying to avoid hitting them. Just hit them with it, the friendly-fire damage is irrelevant compared to the damage it does to enemies.

And for the stamina thing, if you let go of the run button right as Noctis gets tired (or near the end of the bar), then Noctis will refresh his stamina bar and dash forward.

jiggle

if u release the running button right before exhausting all stamina
it will instantly refill

Ignis has "Regroup", which does basically what you're talking about, plus recovers everyone's health.

Kyoufu

There's no command, no. Just let them eat the spell. They don't take as much damage as enemies do and it's not like it's hard to heal anyone through items, first aid kits, Regroup etc.

Adaren

(Super vague, no actual spoilers. Just Ch. 13 + 14 impressions)

Agreed.
I really didn't mind Ch. 13 that much. My favorite part of the game was actually Ch. 9 through the start of Chapter 14, so I guess we might both be taking crazy pills, lol. I didn't find the penultimate boss too bad (a bit anti-climactic, but whatever). Everything after him was hot garbage though.

For that particular phase, I think you're just supposed to hold down attack and move in circles while far away from the boss. I agree that it wasn't at all clear. This was literally the only point in the game where I had to use a Phoenix Down on Noctis, and it was completely incomprehensible why I was taking damage.

I don't understand at all where all the praise for the ending is coming from. It was a dud for me by literally every metric. I've been meaning to ask the Spoiler Thread why people seem to like it; my list of negatives far outweights my list of positives.

Finalow

finally managed to enter the secret dungeon, took me something like 15 tries. gotta thank the awful controls and that stupidly small road where you're suppose to land.

Top Bottom