• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Cordelia's character is really kind of fucked. Her roster profile and half her lines are about being utterly devoted to, and in love with,
__Chrom__
, but she can't even have a platonic support relationship with him let alone a romance.

So basically you can either marry her off to someone who she doesn't truly love, or she can spend the rest of her life alone. And in both cases she's still stuck right next to him yet eternally out of reach.

I don't know if I even want to use her anymore.

Marz

So I downloaded the demo of this and am loving the strategy and gameplay but I'm finding it exceedingly hard to get through the terrible story and voice squeaks at that start of every character dialogue. It feels like there is more time spent watching the characters chit chat then spent actually playing the game. Is this just early game or does it get better as the game goes on. Never had this problem with FFT, but this just seems to drone on. I'd abandon it if I wasn't enjoying the gameplay so much.

You can turn the voice squeaks off. You can also press start to skip all the story stuff.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Might marry
Lucina
this playthrough since I hear that a certain scene is different and I like her a lot. But, I don't want Cordelia to marry someone else. Also, If I make her not get married I miss out on Severa OTL

Drinkel

I'm worried that this game will have the exact same difficulty curve as X-COM, a tough early game and disappointing endgame. I'm at a point now that a few of my pairs seem practically unstoppable and only sloppy placements will get people killed. Hopefully things will get tougher again.

wow S rank is like 80% chance of dual strike. Time to marry everyone up.

So do I need to reach a certain level before I can use a second seal on a promoted to switch to another promoted?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm worried that this game will have the exact same difficulty curve as X-COM, a tough early game and disappointing endgame. I'm at a point now that a few of my pairs seem practically unstoppable and only sloppy placements will get people killed. Hopefully things will get tougher again.

The game will catch up in difficulty soon enough, Fire Emblem games are not known for their easy finishes.

Sallokin

So, guys. I had a minor epiphany a few minutes ago...

X6oJ8ZX.jpg

I thought the same thing just a few moments ago!!

Kincaido

So disappointed that the DLC characters are just generic looking in battles. Celica would be part of my main team if she looked like her artwork.

Man, Cordelia's character is really kind of fucked. Her roster profile and half her lines are about being utterly devoted to, and in love with,
__Chrom__
, but she can't even have a platonic support relationship with him let alone a romance.

So basically you can either marry her off to someone who she doesn't truly love, or she can spend the rest of her life alone. And in both cases she's still stuck right next to him yet eternally out of reach.

Her support with Frederick is particularly fucked up. She confess her obsession with that particular character and she basically replies at the S-rank okay I'll try to love you instead I guess.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
__Chrom__

I thought it was funny to marry her to
Vaike, since he's Chrom's rival and all
, but I haven't got past C Rank yet.

oooh so that's how they work kids into your lineup with a time skip. It all clicked lmao.

Shit, now I need grind my guys to make sure everything works out.

But yeah that free dlc map ain't great for grinding promoted guys... what's y'alls tips? Just spawn risen?

But really, outside of galeforce are there even that many skills worth inheriting? Well I guess those healing ones from war monk and dark knight are nice... and so is Donnel's growth skill.

Her support with Frederick is particularly fucked up. She confess her obsession with that particular character and she basically replies at the S-rank okay I'll try to love you instead I guess.
That's just cruel.
I thought it was funny to marry her to
Vaike, since he's Chrom's rival and all
, but I haven't got past C Rank yet.
You are a horrible person. (I lol'd)

zroid

Banned

lol :(

eff that, she's marrying MU whether she likes it or not

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Loving this game so far, but I'm not very good (hard/classic). I've reset so many times to save all my folks (the only way to do so is to go to the home screen, right?).

It's funny, though. I have the 2 GBA and the GCN Fire Emblem games, but I think I only played the first (localized) one a bit. I had to jump on the GCN version, though, knowing how rare it was (I got it for <20). Would it be difficult to find the Wii version at a local used shop? Also, was there only one localized DS Fire Emblem?

Once I beat this, I plan to go back and play the rest. Sometimes, a huge backlog can be pretty fun.

Draxal

oooh so that's how they work kids into your lineup with a time skip. It all clicked lmao.

Shit, now I need grind my guys to make sure everything works out.

But yeah that free dlc map ain't great for grinding promoted guys... what's y'alls tips? Just spawn risen?

But really, outside of galeforce are there even that many skills worth inheriting? Well I guess those healing ones from war monk and dark knight are nice... and so is Donnel's growth skill.

I just go for the gender exclusive ones, like I'm going to give Morgan rally strength (only male exclusive rally) so she can be rally bot with rally sprectrum and rally love (the dlc one). For grinding you can spawn spot pass teams.

TWILT

Banned
Cordelia married Lon'qu in my game. She seemed pretty happy.

The support dialogue between Severa and Lon'qu is also adorable.

Doorman

wow S rank is like 80% chance of dual strike. Time to marry everyone up.

I wish...it seems like ever since they got married, Stahl and Miriel actually dual strike LESS than during their entire courtship. Must be an unhappy marraige...poor Stahl, what have I done to you!? I should have hooked you up with Lissa like I originally intended! *sob*

W-well, anyway, I finally started taking my first forays into reclassing. Gaius is now training up as a myrmidon after hitting level 10 as a thief. Funnily enough he only gained stats instead of losing any during the change process, and since he was going to become an assassin later anyway, now he can learn the myrmidon skills along the way. And because Vaike really hasn't been impressing me much, Gregor was immediately reclassed into a barbarian so he can now be my token axe-user (Donnel will soon be taking his place as a mercenary anyway).

Apparently, the hair color that I chose for my avatar wound up being the same kind of light-orange that Gregor has, so I've decided that Gregor must be Almont's father. What a touching reunion!

Kincaido

Lon'qu is probably the only other person I'd let her marry in my game lol. Lon'qu is that awesome. I think that he's perfect with Olivia though.

Just wondering, is there a point to which you need to have characters married off or they're single forever? Asking because I'm on chapter 7 now and still don't have any character support ranks above B.

Also: what's the best way to level up low level characters? Donnel, Stahl, and the guy who loses his weapon are all level 3 which means they're hard to level up at this point without getting decimated.

She doesn't mention Chrom at all with the Avatar =P

No, but she does say at the very end of her confession something along the lines of "I won't love that person anymore."

I really like Donnel's support conversations, because it becomes very clear through certain ones that despite being a backwater hick he's probably the smartest and most talented person in the entire group. It makes perfect sense considering his base Skill, but still its nice they justify his absurdly good stats in the story. If they ever make direct sequel I'd kind of want them to play that out and make him really famous or something.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just wondering, is there a point to which you need to have characters married off or they're single forever? Just wondering because I'm on chapter 7 now and still don't have any character support ranks above B.

Also: what's the best way to level up low level characters? Donnel, Stahl, and the guy who loses his weapon are all level 3 which means they're hard to level up at this point without getting decimated.

I leveled characters like Donnel by last hitting enemies with them. Wear them down with another character, and then get Donnel to clean it up. This is pretty much how I level every low level character.

chrono01

They need to make a Fire Emblem x Harvest Moon crossover where you play as Donnel and defend your crops against bandits and other heathens.

zroid

Banned
Just wondering, is there a point to which you need to have characters married off or they're single forever? Just wondering because I'm on chapter 7 now and still don't have any character support ranks above B.

I think basically Sumia is the only one whom you could realistically lock out of getting married because her supports are limited like Chrom's, and unlike Chrom
she won't be forced into it at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom