• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFu

Banned
Trying to get Donnell up to speed makes even normal mode more of a challenge. I've got to whittle down enemies to just enough HP that he can still finish them off, while ensuring there's no other enemies in range to take a shot at him. And nobody dies. And everybody sticks close to whoever I want them paired up with for maximum hearts.

Everything's gotta be perfect, all of the time.

I just paired Donnel with Kellam for the defense boost and had no problems leveling him up.

Venfayth

My Avatar and Chrom have hit level 20 on their master class, after using the master seal on their first class at level 20. Am I done with them now, or what, as far as increasing their stats goes?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Chrom x Sumia has some horrible results. I don't think I'm going to use either kid, because the skill selection just seems so bad. I mean, they both get Aether and Galeforce... but that's it, unless I make Pavise/Aegis tanks out of them or something.

Anteo

My Avatar and Chrom have hit level 20 on their master class, after using the master seal on their first class at level 20. Am I done with them now, or what, as far as increasing their stats goes?

Use a second seal on them. Your stats will change a little depending on wich class you select, and you can keep leveling up to get more stats. You'll gain exp at slower rates than before though.

Draxal

Man, Chrom x Sumia has some horrible results. I don't think I'm going to use either kid, because the skill selection just seems so bad. I mean, they both get Aether and Galeforce... but that's it, unless I make Pavise/Aegis tanks out of them or something.

Eh, they'll have access to Luna and Lancefaire. Their skill selection is fine. Galeforce is pretty much the only broken skill and they'll both get it. And yeah royal weapon pavise/aegis tank lucina is probably the best tank in the game (well unless you get a morgan with royal weapon).

Venfayth

If I use a second seal to change their class, it looks like some stats go down. They don't return to their base levels, do they? Also it looks like they won't keep weapon proficiency's. If I switch a mage with a staff level A to a myrmidon, and then back to a class that can use a staff, will it go back to A?

tuffy

I just paired Donnel with Kellam for the defense boost and had no problems leveling him up.

I eventually paired him with Panne which game him just enough of a damage boost to get him over the initial hump (and their outdoorsey support conversations are a hoot). But the extra effort of micromanaging each turn to divide up the experience just so and making sure everyone's standing in the right support spots at all times - in addition to clearing the level - adds an extra dimension that becomes second nature after awhile.

Anteo

If I use a second seal to change their class, it looks like some stats go down. They don't return to their base levels, do they? Also it looks like they won't keep weapon proficiency's. If I switch a mage with a staff level A to a myrmidon, and then back to a class that can use a staff, will it go back to A?

Yes, the game remembers your stats and wp, for example if you are in a class with a 40 points in Defense, and you go to Mage (a class wich cap for defense is much much lower) the game will display the new, lower defense, but will remember your actual defense (40) for future clases

Venfayth

Yes, the game remembers your stats and wp, for example if you are in a class with a 40 points in Defense, and you go to Mage (a class wich cap for defense is much much lower) the game will display the new, lower defense, but will remember your actual defense (40) for future clases

Sweet, thanks.

One last question!

Is there any reason I shouldn't just continuously summon the lowest ranked Bonus Box team to grind my lower level characters up on?

Draxal

Sweet, thanks.

One last question!

Is there any reason I shouldn't just continuously summon the lowest ranked Bonus Box team to grind my lower level characters up on?

DLC is a little faster (especially the new dlc coming out soon). However, it does trivialize the difficulty of the game and makes it more boring to some.

Venfayth

DLC is a little faster (especially the new dlc coming out soon). However, it does trivialize the difficulty of the game and makes it more boring to some.

Yeah, a lot of my friends refuse to do any of it. Which is cool, everyone can play how they want, but a lot of the fun for me is seeing how ridiculously broken I can make myself. I do this in any game where it's possible.

Probably one of the reasons that FF8 is my favorite FF game :lol

scy

What exactly are you looking for besides Aether and Galeforce? Only notable thing that comes to mind is lacking Swordfaire and you should still have access to Lancefaire or Tomefaire. Galeforce, Aether, Aegis, Pavise, Lancefaire/Tomefaire, Luna if you really want an extra chance at a combat skill proc, etc.

No Swordfaire is a little disappointing though.

zroid

Banned
Sumia is A-rank with both Chrom and Gaius right now... who will it be!?

it needs to be Gaius, I'm trying to pair Chrom with Liv :X

johnsmith

remember me
Sumia is A-rank with both Chrom and Gaius right now... who will it be!?

it needs to be Gaius, I'm trying to pair Chrom with Liv :X
Chrom. It's a waste of gale force inheritance since Gaius already passes it on to his daughter, and you definitely want Chrom's children to have access to it.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
What exactly are you looking for besides Aether and Galeforce? Only notable thing that comes to mind is lacking Swordfaire and you should still have access to Lancefaire or Tomefaire. Galeforce, Aether, Aegis, Pavise, Lancefaire/Tomefaire, Luna if you really want an extra chance at a combat skill proc, etc.

No Swordfaire is a little disappointing though.

Nothing in particular, just more offense options I guess. Seems Lucina is somewhat limited regardless due to Chrom's selection of women (unless you get with a female avatar, obviously).

twelver

Chrom. It's a waste of gale force inheritance since Gaius already passes it on to his daughter, and you definitely want Chrom's children to have access to it.

How does Gaius automatically pass it on?? And chroms daughter can get it herself from leveling up dark flier..

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Lucina is already a beast with the unlimited weapon, aether, and galeforce. Can't wait too see how much more broken I can make her with a female avatar as mother.

Draxal

How does Gaius automatically pass it on?? And chroms daughter can get it herself from leveling up dark flier..

Gaius passes pegasus knight on to his kids (his fighter class turns into peg knight option for daughters). Chrom's kids don't get pegasus knight option if he marries sully/village girl.

johnsmith

remember me
Gaius passes on fighter to sons but Pegasus knight to daughters. So it's best to pair him with a woman doesnt have access to pegasus knight but that has a daughter, like Sully.

Lucina does not have access to Pegasus unless her mother does, which fortunately is everybody but Sully.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Sully, Tharja, and Nowi are the inferior mothers that need the seed of the avatar, Gaius, or Donny.

Nexas

Gender exclusive classes switch to other gender exclusive classes when passed down to opposite gendered children. I think Donny's and Gaius's fighter class are what switch to pegasus knight for their daughters. This makes them perfect for Nowi and Sully whose daughters can't become pegasus knights on their own.

scy

Nothing in particular, just more offense options I guess. Seems Lucina is somewhat limited regardless due to Chrom's selection of women (unless you get with a female avatar, obviously).

Well I mean, stacking offensive options isn't that useful since you can only activate one per fight anyway and Aether is essentially the best option anyway. Galeforce / Aether / Ignis|Astra / Rightful King / Swordfaire is the only notable offensive comp I can think of you can't make with Sumia as waifu (requires Avatar for the Ignis one, Olivia can do the Astra one).

Galeforce / Aether / Aegis / Pavise / Rightful King|Lancefaire|Tomefaire is perfectly fine though.

Sully, Tharja, and Nowi are the inferior mothers that need the seed of the avatar, Gaius, or Donny.

Female Avatar route dooms a kid to a no Galeforce way of life ;_;

Javier

DzPOFx6.jpg

Draxal

Well I mean, stacking offensive options isn't that useful since you can only activate one per fight anyway and Aether is essentially the best option anyway. Galeforce / Aether / Ignis|Astra / Rightful King / Swordfaire is the only notable offensive comp I can think of you can't make with Sumia as waifu (requires Avatar for the Ignis one, Olivia can do the Astra one).

Galeforce / Aether / Aegis / Pavise / Rightful King|Lancefaire|Tomefaire is perfectly fine though.

Losing armsthrift (for Cynthia) also kinda sucks, although it's okay with the falchion (no swordfaire is eh). Once you get the dlc skills for Lucina (hi Limitbreaker) it's fine.

I started a new game trying to get Sumia and Chrom, mostly because I want every child in the game, I screw my last game and left Sumia single; Cynthia and Lucina are way to good to pass.

pahamrick

Well, I guess those who bought the bundle and managed to get the survey for Fire Emblem for the coins were fortunate. Closing in on two weeks since I registered the bundle and linked my eshop account with no survey showing up, I sent an email to Nintendo asking if there was anything else I needed to do to get the survey to show up so I could get the coins for it.

This was the response I got.

Hello pahamrick,

Thanks for contacting us. I can certainly understand your concern. While the Nintendo 3DS can be registered in your Club Nintendo account, the Fire Emblem: Awakening software that was pre-loaded as part of that bundle cannot be registered and is not eligible for surveys or Coins.

I know this isn’t what you were hoping for, but I will be sure to document your interest in this matter and make it available to other departments here at Nintendo to use as they see fit.

Sincerely,

Naomi Sorace
Nintendo of America Inc.

Well, bummer.

Bought a 3DS just for this game based on GAF's rave reviews. I'm not even going to ask about the feet.

I have to play on Casual, because I need to be able to save regularly ( just not enough gaming time), but it sucks to not have characters perma-die. Now I'm flush with characters, am I wasting my time by spreading around the action and leveling them all up, or am I better off just working with a select 10 or so?

Bought a 3DS just for this game based on GAF's rave reviews. I'm not even going to ask about the feet.

I have to play on Casual, because I need to be able to save regularly ( just not enough gaming time), but it sucks to not have characters perma-die. Now I'm flush with characters, am I wasting my time by spreading around the action and leveling them all up, or am I better off just working with a select 10 or so?
You're better off picking a core group, definitely. Trying to spread your team out too thin will just result in tons of grinding to keep up.

I hope the game delivers for you, man!

ultron87

It sounds like you're pretty far in, but FYI you can still save at any time on Classic. It just does a suspend save that you can't reload to once you started back up again.

Gartooth

I think the whole idea of having Spotpass DLC that
brings back dead characters as units is a dumb idea. Maybe if it was non-canon or something, but what it basically does is undermine a lot of the story and significance placed on certain character deaths.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I think the whole idea of having Spotpass DLC that
brings back dead characters as units is a dumb idea. Maybe if it was non-canon or something, but what it basically does is undermine a lot of the story and significance placed on certain character deaths.

I'm of the assumption anything post-final chapter isn't canon.

scy

Losing armsthrift (for Cynthia) also kinda sucks, although it's okay with the falchion (no swordfaire is eh). Once you get the dlc skills for Lucina (hi Limitbreaker) it's fine.

Yeah, Armsthrift is the biggest offensive utility one that's missing but, at the same time, this goes for a lot of people ;_;

CronoShot

I think it's better to spread it around for now, but soon you'll just have too many people and will naturally begin to focus on a select group that works best for you.

Just make sure you really limit your use of Frederick. He's an experience hog.

GeekyDad

Ugh...did this same thing last game. I gotta damn do Chapter 11 over again because I wasn't paying attention and friggin' Cordelia can't hook up with Chrom. Sonofa...

How will you collect all of the support conversations that way??? HOW????
This's my horrible plan to get all the kids:

Chrom and Sumia = Lucina and Cynthia
Lissa and Virion = Owain
Olivia and Gregor = Inigo
Maribelle and Libra = Brady
Sully and Stahl = Kjelle
Cordelia and Henry= Severa
Cherche and Kellam = Gerome
Panne and Vaike = Yarne
Miriel and Frederick = Laurent
Nowi and Ricken = Nah
Gaius and Tharja = Noire

Yes I know most of them are bad, but I had great results with weird couples like an assassin Gaius and a sorcerer Tharja.

Anto

Neo Member
Though, there are exceptions : namely, Cleric characters if you don't want to heal ad nauseum until they reach their 20th level, and Donnel, who gains amazing stats boosts upon promotion.

I keep seeing people saying that Cleric/Troubadour characters are a pain to level. Does no one else just spam Rescue? Is that still not fast enough for people? It's actually good even for leveling some of the advanced classes.

Draxal

I keep seeing people saying that Cleric/Troubadour characters are a pain to level. Does no one else just spam Rescue? Is that still not fast enough for people? It's actually good even for leveling some of the advanced classes.

Ya, rescue spam makes leveliling those classes insanely fast, and since it's a e staff it's great for stuff like falcon knights/sages as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom