• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaiku

She'll find love in someone else's arms.

Right, I got her hooked up with Kellam, and Chrom was never even mentioned.

But the whole concept behind the character pisses me off.
There is nothing preventing them from getting together in this game besides this stupid homage.
If she couldn't hook up with him, then she shouldn't be so obsessed with him.

At least Tharja can hook up with Robin or something.

Question about DLC: which ones are story/character related and canon?
The ____ of Bonds episodes focus on character development and feature 200+ conversations combined.

Future of Despair 1-3 is story-based. It takes place
in an alternate future that's similar to the ones the kids come from

As for what's canon or not, I'd like to believe they're all canon, but it kind of depends on your view. You access the DLC via the Outrealm Gate, which is on the world map and one of the SpotPass paralogue recruits refers to the Outrealm.

So I was recruiting a couple of child units until I ran into
paralogue 11... I wasn't prepared for THE FREAKIN BATMAN.
Man I love this game.

GeekyDad

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";47979632]"xxx, I love you, but there will be hell to pay if you cheat on me"

"... I love you too"[/QUOTE]

Ha, ha. I know she said something to the effect of "I'll murder you in your sleep [if you ever leave me]."

Esura

Banned
I finished the game. I love this game. Probably up there with Valkyria Chronicles 1 as my favorite SRPG ever. Epic final chapter
I sacrificed myself!
too.

I do hate how Avatar x Lucina have such a....meh ending compared to every other character. Wonder how Lucina's ending would be if she was paired with someone else.

Yokai

So I've started replaying on hard mode and got up to chapter 6 -- but... I feel like my characters are already weak! Chapter 5 took me a few tries to get through without a single character dying, and even then I feel like I'm relying too much on Frederick since I heard he just eats people's levels...

I guess my question is - is it ok to use frederick a bit at the start to help level some of my other characters? Or, even better, what do you think is the best way to allow your lower level characters to level up?

I guess I could always grind the first DLC level -- but that doesn't feel right lol.

edit: Also,
Inigo x Lucina is really cute and was quite a surprise honestly.

Gestahl

I finished the game. I love this game. Probably up there with Valkyria Chronicles 1 as my favorite SRPG ever. Epic final chapter
I sacrificed myself!
too.

I do hate how Avatar x Lucina have such a....meh ending compared to every other character. Wonder how Lucina's ending would be if she was paired with someone else.

Every Avatar wife/husband gets devoured by the player character's ending in the credits (even Chrom)

Don't have them marry the Avatar if you want them to be more than his/her wife/husband

Draxal

So I've started replaying on hard mode and got up to chapter 6 -- but... I feel like my characters are already weak! Chapter 5 took me a few tries to get through without a single character dying, and even then I feel like I'm relying too much on Frederick since I heard he just eats people's levels...

I guess my question is - is it ok to use frederick a bit at the start to help level some of my other characters? Or, even better, what do you think is the best way to allow your lower level characters to level up?

I guess I could always grind the first DLC level -- but that doesn't feel right lol.

edit: Also,
Inigo x Lucina is really cute and was quite a surprise honestly.

Have you tried using dueling up using Frederick as the support partner? He does give alot of stat boosts that should be enough in hard mode.

I'm worried that I broke the game, difficulty-wise. I'm playing on Hard/Classic. But I think I did too much grinding. (I'm about 25 hours in and I'm on Chapter 13.) The core 4-5 guys on my team are virtually impossible to take down, even if I send them out alone into a flock of dudes. Did I fuck up by grinding too much? Or will there be another difficulty spike at some point?

hunnies28

I'm in chapter 6 or so. Started the game on hard and found it pretty difficult. Then I abused the DLC map for EXP and everything is going smooth.

Also abusing pairing up units

I'm worried that I broke the game, difficulty-wise. I'm playing on Hard/Classic. But I think I did too much grinding. (I'm about 25 hours in and I'm on Chapter 13.) The core 4-5 guys on my team are virtually impossible to take down, even if I send them out alone into a flock of dudes. Did I fuck up by grinding too much? Or will there be another difficulty spike at some point?

I think you'll see a spike right after this chapter.

massoluk

Banned

I sincerely think Chapter 17 should be able to tell you if you have broken the game. If you totally wrecked the shit out of the enemies in Chapter 17, you probably Orlandu'ed your team.

Jarate

Banned
Leif DLC tomorrow.

Hopefully that means we get Demon Fighter next week. :)

yes_zps44e0f440.jpg

Moonlight

Banned
Tiki
is fucking god-tier, oh my god. I've had ten six+ stat level ups in a row, and half the time she was getting +2 in health. She's unstoppable.

Javier

Leif DLC tomorrow.

This is also the map that features all the FE4/FE5 characters that guest-appear in this game.

TONS of localized names tomorrow, guys!

Ha, ha. I know she said something to the effect of "I'll murder you in your sleep [if you ever leave me]."
"I can't believe you made me love you... of course if you back out, I will murder you in your sleep..."

Can't forget my waifu's confession line.

Leif DLC tomorrow.

Awesome! Still, this confuses me...

New Fire Emblem Awakening DLC Alert. The Lost Bloodlines 1 map will be available for $3.00 on 2/21. Complete the map to get Leif as a playable character. You also have the option of getting all three Lost Bloodlines maps by buying the bundle for $6.00.

So they're pretty much giving away one of the maps for free again?

Javier

It's kinda like the CoY maps except this trilogy is harder. Basic Class Enemies are on the 12-20 Level range and others are promoted.

Yokai

They have feet!

A bit of a side note, but am I the only one who's getting really annoyed at these comments? It's like you can't make any intentional style choices without someone complaining -- yet everyone and their mom jizzes over generic-anime style character art. Giant eyes, yes, that's fine. BUT NO FEET?! NO FEET?!

Any advice for a newbie before getting started?

1. Unequip Frederick. He's a much higher level than anyone else, so if you give him a chance, he'll kill enemies and deprive your low-level units of XP they need much more than him.

2. Learn the pair-up system. It's unique to this FE game, but it's extremely powerful. The aforementioned Frederick is a perfect pair-up buddy in the early stages of the game because he will give a big stat boost to a weaker unit but not steal your team's XP.

3. Use the "X" button to see the attack range of all enemy units.

4. Have fun!

Rarutos

So... Dumb question, but
is it safe to use a Lucina avatar yet? I've already seen a couple people using them and I've been trying to be cautious about it.
Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom