• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jachaos

any advice for early lunatic? stuck on chapter 2 atm.

I was stuck on that too. Use Frederick and give him a sword so he evades attacks a bit more (because there's many axe users in this map and the way the weapon triangle works). Another GAFfer helped remind me that a week ago. Also, move into the forest a bit to the southwest of the right fort near the bridge so that most units will go towards Frederick. Pair someone with him, I paired Stahl. Kill the couple guys (max) that will still go south towards your team. When the first part of the map's cleared, send Frederick to the edge of the enemy's range and a turn later you get him directly in a fort on the other side of the bridge. Wait a bit and then go back so to draw the few remaining and get other units some experience. The beginning of the game was the hardest part so far on Lunatic. Been doing some Paralogues, run through the first DLC 3 times and beat a Risen team and am now ok to try my hand at Chapter 7.

any advice for early lunatic? stuck on chapter 2 atm.

When you get to chapter 3, remember that Kellam starts with a javelin that can be traded to Fred. That was the key to beating that level for me. And you are going to need some luck and hope the hammer wielder misses once.

PK Gaming

Anna and
Tiki
's support is fucking amazing. Girl knows what she wants.

Aaaah, WAIT! You're got me all wrong! I , uh... I'm donating the proceeds!

Yeah, that's it! To charities! Shanty Pete's Orphanage gets some, and so does, um... the Widows of Gangrel! Oh, and i'm giving a big chunk to People for the Ethical Treatmant of Wyverns!

Rarutos

I wonder what this week's Spotpass group is going to be. Radiant Dawn perhaps? I was thinking Nintendo should have alternated between Japan-only and localized titles, but it doesn't seem like that's happening.

JoeFu

Banned
Beat the game! Really enjoyed it, but maybe normal was a bit too easy. The kids leveled up were one shotting everything.

Time to start Lunatic! I can tell this is going to be absolutely insane just from playing chapter 1.

To be fair, the description for that says "Marriage partner OR life companion", so it's not necessarily marriage.

This basically means we were ripped off for same gender S supports then!

Well besides the whole second gen thing, they could have easily done it for the 2nd gen characters.

Beat the game! Really enjoyed it, but maybe normal was a bit too easy. The kids leveled up were one shotting everything.

Time to start Lunatic! I can tell this is going to be absolutely insane just from playing chapter 1.

It lives up to its name. I'm currently stumped on Chapter 21.

Oh man, my head is reeling with all the reclassing choices now that I have access to unlimited seals. @_@

Should I bother reclassing Lon'qu to a Thief, or should I start with Swordmaster and Assassin right now?

Oh man, my head is reeling with all the reclassing choices now that I have access to unlimited seals. @_@

Should I bother reclassing Lon'qu to a Thief, or should I start with Swordmaster and Assassin right now?

Don't bother reclassing to base classes, there are very few situations where that is worthwhile.

Mr. Fix

If you want him to pass down Astra faster, I'd go for Swordmaster. If you wanna see him tear shit up, Assassin is the way to go!

Damn, I read that wrong. What Basil said. Still though, Assassin! If you want the Movement +1 skill though, you'd need to revert to a thief.

I haven't really paid attention to how to make your kids inherit the best skills in my first run, but to be clear before my second run, do kids collectively inherit every ability from both their parents? And is this determined by the skills they have the moment they reach S class support? I'm gonna have to hold off on a few marriages if that's the case.
Maybe a link to an inheritance tree or something would be better, thanks in advance

Edit: OST announced, 5 discs long! http://www.destructoid.com/fire-emblem-awakening-ost-weighs-in-at-five-discs-246190.phtml

I haven't really paid attention to how to make your kids inherit the best skills in my first run, but to be clear before my second run, do kids collectively inherit every ability from both their parents? And is this determined by the skills they have the moment they reach S class support? I'm gonna have to hold off on a few marriages if that's the case.
Maybe a link to an inheritance tree or something would be better, thanks in advance

They inherit the last (bottom) skill listed from each parent. This is set in stone when you start the paralogue you recruit them in.
Chrom's children
always inherit
Aether
from him. This is probably the best resource for inheritance.

GeekyDad

Ha, ha! Good luck with all that. The jump from Hard to Lunatic is pretty huge. If you're coming from Normal, better lube up.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I sort of wish the X button simply toggled every enemy's range instead of showing you all enemies' ranges. Or at least, a smart toggle where if you have every enemy's range toggled, the X button removes them all. If you have at least 1 enemy not toggled, it toggles all of them.

I find myself hitting X, then trying to remove the ranges enemy by enemy as I work out strats to eliminate them, but that doesn't work :/

ultron87

What do all the blue +Xs next to a character's stats mean? With the taguels and manaketes that is their transformed stats, right? But I think Chrom has a bunch too?

Mr. Fix

What do all the blue +Xs next to a character's stats mean? With the taguels and manaketes that is their transformed stats, right? But I think Chrom has a bunch too?

Any bonus stats. They're also added to the lead in characters who are paired, skills that add attributes, etc.

Is there ever a way to level up your weaker units? I have three people stuck at around level two, and I can never use them in fights because they die instantly. Also is it possible to get S rank with more than one person? I spent so much time battling with Chrom that he confessed his love for me, but I don't actually want Robin to marry him :/

Mr. Fix

Is there ever a way to level up your weaker units? I have three people stuck at around level two, and I can never use them in fights because they die instantly. Also is it possible to get S rank with more than one person? I spent so much time battling with Chrom that he confessed his love for me, but I don't actually want Robin to marry him :/

You'd need to weaken enemies enough with another unit and have your weaker ones finish them off. Also, it helps to have a character that gives the proper pair up boosts to buddy up with those weaker units for more damage, speed, or defence.

Unfortunately, unless you restart, you're stuck with the only S support attainable for each character.

scy

Pair Up lower level characters with higher ones; this is a good use for Frederick early on, for instance. If they're too low to participate in fights even WITH the Pair Up bonuses, you can just have them hopefully trigger Dual Strike when Paired Up and leech EXP slowly that way. Some of the early SpotPass encounters are fairly easy to grind on and the free DLC map works well for this also.

Alternatively, just have your other units weaken an enemy to a few HP and then kill them off with the other character. If you're too weak to straight up fight enemies with the Pair Up bonus and don't feel like waiting for the Dual Strike RNG to love you enough times, this is the best route to go. Just takes a bit longer to setup kills :x

As for S-Ranks, you can only get one per character.

Edit: That's if you view the S-Rank. If you unlock it but don't view the conversation, you'll be fine.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu

You can always use the Bonus Box or DLC.

PK Gaming

They inherit the last (bottom) skill listed from each parent. This is set in stone when you start the paralogue you recruit them in.
Chrom's children
always inherit
Aether
from him. This is probably the best resource for inheritance.

Females will always inherit Aether, while males will get Rightful king.

Hey guys, so Warrior_Keoni showed me this:
il_570xN.429343684_hlez.jpg
http://www.etsy.com/listing/122338499/fire-emblem-themed-decal-for-3ds-xl

Custom FE decals for the 3ds xl, figured it'd be a good alternative to all the USGAF that want the limited EU 3ds xl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom