• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the designer said that the matte finish works very well with 3DS XL but I'll have to wait until it comes in. I'll take pictures once i get it all set-up and done.

Got some questions going into Chapter 13 --
I hear that child paralogues start after this. Should I be spending time grinding out supports/finishing up classes to get skills so I can access the kids as soon as possible? Or if I attain an S rank during the course of playing post-Chapter 13, will the paralogues suddenly appear? How does the whole thing work and what are your guys' recommendations?

Roto13

I hear that child paralogues start after this. Should I be spending time grinding out supports/finishing up classes to get skills so I can access the kids as soon as possible? Or if I attain an S rank during the course of playing post-Chapter 13, will the paralogues suddenly appear? How does the whole thing work and what are your guys' recommendations?

The paralogues open up as soon as you get an S-rank relationship. There's no cutoff point.

Hey guys, so Warrior_Keoni showed me this:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/122338499/fire-emblem-themed-decal-for-3ds-xl

Custom FE decals for the 3ds xl, figured it'd be a good alternative to all the USGAF that want the limited EU 3ds xl

Etsy vinyl decals are the real deal. Very good lasting quality. Here's one i bought:

UIop7hp.jpg

Mr. Fix

Is there a release schedule for DLC/spotpass stuff? We're supposed to be getting something today right?

Today we're getting the EXP map as well as the one for Leif. Our schedule is slightly different from Japan's, but I'm sure next week we're getting the Demon Fighter DLC (Alm's map) and the Regalia (legendary weapons) map, along with the next spot pass paralogue which gets us
Walhart
. The week after that, we'll probably get the 3rd map in the Lost Bloodlines series.

Take your time with the getting the skills and pairings. Inherited skills aren't locked onto the kids until you actually enter their respective paralogue maps. If you want to use them for the remainder of the campaign, you'd probably need to grind your team not only for skills, but to take on the actual maps themselves.

Chrom

It's playable if you bought the pack and have downloaded it already, but it doesn't seem to be on the store by itself yet.

Ah, I've noticed. I had purchased the pack and I can play it now. Wasn't expecting EXPonential Growth to not be available for purchase yet, though.

So Many Bullets

Neo Member
Is anyone else stockpiling those +1 to Stat items? In FF games and here apparently I can't bring myself to use them because I'm afraid I'll use it on the wrong guy or waste it for some other dumb reason. I must have a hundred of these things. Can't sell them either, I might need it.

So another $6 DLC bundle is available today? If so, great, I'll buy it too.

Off topic: isn't Crashmo on sale today too?

Is anyone else stockpiling those +1 to Stat items? In FF games and here apparently I can't bring myself to use them because I'm afraid I'll use it on the wrong guy or waste it for some other dumb reason. I must have a hundred of these things. Can't sell them either, I might need it.

Yeah, I'm holding onto those as well. Not sure when I'll use them.

Javier

Translated names of the Japan-only characters (Localized name on the right)

Maris - Malice
Mareeta - Mareeta
Reidric/Leidric - Raydrik
Dagda - Dagdar
Cyas - Saias
Eyvel - Eyvel
Salem/Seram - Salem
Olwen - Olwen
Fin - Finn
Alvis - Arvis
Jamka - Jamke
Ardan/Arden - Arden
Lachesis - Raquesis
Levin - Lewyn
Aira - Ayra
Lakche - Larcei
Arthur - Arthur
Sety - Ced
Julius/Yurius - Julius
Cuan - Quan
Ethlin - Ethlyn
Phee/Fee - Fee
Skasaher - Ulster
Altenna - Altena
Aless - Ares
Roro - Legion

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Oh boy, DLC is out. Looks like if they keep releasing the discounted packs like this it'll be about another $30~ to get all of the existing Japanese DLC. Could've been worse I suppose.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

As someone who doesn't have any attachment to the unofficial ones, the only ones I'd say I don't like are the first and last one. The rest are fine. I'm sure there will be plenty of people complaining about them though.

Considering you can grind to max everyone's stats eventually anyway, there's really no reason not to use them. The only ones I haven't brought myself to use are the boots, since movement is not a stat you can just max out by leveling.

Unless you mean the temporary ones, which you might as well use since they are just that - temporary. I always forget about those.

wasted so much time recruiting that asshole on chap 9 on hard/classic. i think i was too fast killing off his enemies, so he just rushed straight to the next group half a map away.

thanks for this classic AI.

Do new enemies appear on the world map based on the passage of time in the real world?

Also do they continue to appear after you beat the game?

TWILT

Banned
Just checked the Bonus Box. Radiant Dawn is now available in Bonus Teams (woo, I got the Black Knight), and a new item lance weapon called Luna is available.

No new Spotpass chapter. ;_;

Roto13

Is there any way to get more Mire tomes? :p Like from a SpotPass team or something?
Do new enemies appear on the world map based on the passage of time in the real world?

Also do they continue to appear after you beat the game?

Yes and yes. Also they spawn after you clear a chapter or paralogue.

Just checked the Bonus Box. Radiant Dawn is now available in Bonus Teams (woo, I got the Black Knight), and a new item lance weapon called Luna is available.

No new Spotpass chapter. ;_;

The SpotPass chapters are likely to come every two weeks. (So next week.)

Jarate

Banned
well, I finished the game last night after powering through it, although, I still have every single one of the kids to level up now and some others I never used

thinking about starting a hard playthrough mostly only using the spot pass and DLC characters (although roy might be the worst thing of all time)

also, who's great idea was it to limit the number of streetpass characters you can have. I wanna have everyone available to me at one time.

NeonZ

Is there ever a way to level up your weaker units? I have three people stuck at around level two, and I can never use them in fights because they die instantly. Also is it possible to get S rank with more than one person? I spent so much time battling with Chrom that he confessed his love for me, but I don't actually want Robin to marry him :/

The strength of the Risen depends on the location where they appear. So, if you really want to level up weak characters, use a box to make Risen appear in one of the initial areas. If you're playing on hard, that might cost some money, but if you're on normal it'll be no problem - you'll get more than the initial amount just from the battle. Even if you're on hard though, just use a Leif Sword with a high luck character or reclass someone with high luck to barbarian to get their level 1 skill - both can randomly give you 1000G after defeating an enemy anywhere.

Alternatively, try to fight against Florina's bonus team while taking some stronger characters too to protect them from a few of the stronger opponents.

NeonZ

I've finally finished the game on hard!

The last stage was kind of weird.I loved the bgm and the scenario - Many of my units often died when I tried to beat it by charging head on, attempting to avoid the reinforcements, but the last time I took the time to beat most troops before advancing to
Grimma
, taking care of the extra reinforcements on the way. When I finally got there, opened the way to three characters and sent Pr. Marth to start weakening him... Two straight Astra activations with the
parallel Falchion
and Grimma was finished by that single attack. Heh, kind of anticlimatic.

After the ending, I finally tried to face and beat the Lyn Spotpass skirmish. It took a few tries, but when I split her team she was crushed easily. Now, I'll go for Eliwood...

Roro - Legion

Huh... that one is pretty interesting, considering how it references his gimmick from New Mystery, which isn't present here... the others seem like they're mostly just spelling differences and a few simplifications of the stranger names.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Put 45 hours on the game, love it.

I am just having a blast powering up my characters and then moving them in different classes. Still need to beat the game, Damn you second seal and master seal!!!!

Javier

Awww... I wanted a cute GBA-styled sprite for Micaiah in the Radiant Dawn SpotPass section... instead we got that stupid bird.

well, I finished the game last night after powering through it, although, I still have every single one of the kids to level up now and some others I never used

thinking about starting a hard playthrough mostly only using the spot pass and DLC characters (although roy might be the worst thing of all time)

also, who's great idea was it to limit the number of streetpass characters you can have. I wanna have everyone available to me at one time.

You can save your street/spotpass characters with updated stats to the avatar logbook, then summon them any time you want with the new stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom