• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago

EXP DLC is making my life tons easier :d

It took me a few tries but I recruited Donnel and leveled him up a bit. You guys weren't kidding, holy shit at how quickly he grows. I assume it would be best to upgrade him to a Mercenary, right?

And Chapter 5 was really fucking me over for a solid hour but I finally did it after many super close attempts. Damn you reinforcements!! Damn you Ricken and Maribelle and your easiness to kill!!

Anteo

EXP DLC is making my life tons easier :d

It took me a few tries but I recruited Donnel and leveled him up a bit. You guys weren't kidding, holy shit at how quickly he grows. I assume it would be best to upgrade him to a Mercenary, right?

And Chapter 5 was really fucking me over for a solid hour but I finally did it after many super close attempts. Damn you reinforcements!! Damn you Ricken and Maribelle and your easiness to kill!!

Getting Ricken/Maribelle to safety is the hardest part. However the game gives you the amazing Rescue Staff in Donnel's paralogue wich makes this trivial.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Holy shit.

I got Sephiran for Radiant Dawn Spotpass.

Everything is level 20 promoted.

I thought I'd be okay to train my slightly lagging Gaius and Lon'Qu swordmasters with Killing Edges. They had each taken a hit, but since the enemies used axes, I thought I'd be all right.

Enemy turn. They miss, and I'm like whoo, here comes the critical to kill them off.

War Monk + Counter + no crits + activating Astra = Gaius killing himself due to counter.

That skill being automatic is pretty nuts.

Expontential DLC is cool, though it's still not actually that fast given how much they run and how few xp the level 1-10s get you. The level 20 and 30 ones are pretty nice though.

Debating whether to take my Noire and Morgan through Mercenary first to get Armsthrift, Dark Knight to get Lifetaker, or Dark Flier to get Galeforce. Probably Galeforce, but grinding another set of dark fliers after Lissa and Olivia just seems so boring to me.

These kids are killing me. My team was already full, but I want to use all of them (except Laurent because he sucks). Already benched Virion, Kellam and Miriel. Don't want to get rid of anyone else :/

Drago

So I have a second seal in my inventory. Should I use it on Donnel and go from Villager > Mercenary? I think that was the recommendation I saw in here

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
So I have a second seal in my inventory. Should I use it on Donnel and go from Villager > Mercenary? I think that was the recommendation I saw in here

Yeah definitely, just make sure you wait until level 15 minimum so you can get the second villager skill.

Gestahl

Is the Lost Bloodlines Pack worth the $6?

I bought the first two packs, but I don't think im gonna be buying anymore for $6 unless theyre amazing.

It's the same as the first pack. I'd avoid the DLC until something substantial actually comes out.

Mr. Fix

It's the same as the first pack. I'd avoid the DLC until something substantial actually comes out.

All of the 2nd season is where it's really at. The 2nd Bloodline map does come with the Demon Fighter class though.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";48062846]Paralogue 17 is the best. So much fun.[/QUOTE]

I just wish they'd hit me. :I

Frolow

Banned
I'm on Chapter 8 and Robin is already a Grandmaster, married, and can pretty much 1-shot anything.

...Did I over level him a bit?

Gestahl

I'm on Chapter 8 and Robin is already a Grandmaster, married, and can pretty much 1-shot anything.

...Did I over level him a bit?

If you're on Lunatic that's almost right. It's pretty silly that the difficulty which discourages a full active party due to the Frederick exp choke and forces you to rely more on the guy/gal who can instantly shift into an unbreakable Nosferatu slinging wall retains that one shop in chapter 13. Even on Lunatic you have to put about a dozen arbitrary restrictions on yourself to stop it from bending horribly. I blazed through half of a no grind hard run last night in 4 and a half hours and I already see Donnel flexing and getting ready to just start crushing the game balance

Rather than bench him keep him as a double partner for other units. The bonus stats should be quite decent.

Honestly, the Tactician's first ability makes it WAY too easy to overlevel him/her.

CSX

I already tried that with one of the Paralogues and just barely manged to survive with all my troops alive.

Also, I'm on hard if that matters much.

You can use pair up with a weaker unit. Weaker unit gets big stat buffs and will get support points from Robin as a bonus

hitmon

All of the 2nd season is where it's really at. The 2nd Bloodline map does come with the Demon Fighter class though.

I just wish they'd hit me. :I

What weapons does the demon fighter class use? Has there been any mention of how long the bloodline bundle will be for $6?

Busaiku

So I switched Robin from level 20 Grandmaster to an Assassin, and he lost a ton of Magic, Defense, and Resistance.
Given that he's an Assassin now, he probably won't be gaining back the Magic at least, but if I switch to another class that can go beyond those amounts, will he get back all the stuff he lost at level 1?

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Love it when the 5+ of the monsters in the EXP DLC show up with counter. Leveling up so much faster for the parent characters I don't really like to use. Can't wait for the Demon Fighter class next week.

KarmaCow

Are they really charging $6 for 3 maps? That seems rather steep considering how limited the Champions of Yore 1 map was. I get that it's a remake of the first map in the series but I'm glad I didn't pay money for it.

I don't know how I feel about them selling gold/exp/item farming maps either.

So I switched Robin from level 20 Grandmaster to an Assassin, and he lost a ton of Magic, Defense, and Resistance.
Given that he's an Assassin now, he probably won't be gaining back the Magic at least, but if I switch to another class that can go beyond those amounts, will he get back all the stuff he lost at level 1?

If you reclass to something with better magic stats, probably, but then you'd lose something else.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
How does Counter work exactly?

Do they only Counter the first attack, or do they counter both attacks if the character attacks twice? And Ranged attacks don't get countered, you say?

Do they only Counter the first attack, or do they counter both attacks if the character attacks twice? And Ranged attacks don't get countered, you say?

Reflects every adjacent attack (even all 5 of Astra's hits) provided that the character survives the hit. And yes, ranged attacks don't get countered.

Drago

Playing the EXP pack, I'm pretty sure it counters all attacks (including 2x attacks), but not sure about ranged, I don't think so though.

Also, the Fire Emblem 3DS decal on Etsy sold out and came back with a $2 price increase. :(
I really want to get it to salvage some good out of the blue XL that I don't like, but it's double the price of all the other decals. I hope it doesn't go away too soon, I'm very interested in it.

Only have Morgan x Owain and Noire x Inigo pairings up to B supports but already both of the girls are proving that they will be the ones who will be wearing the pants in their relationships (So proud right now).

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, best way to beat the Counter Monsters is to use a character that has higher HP than their damage output, I guess?

CSX

Playing the EXP pack, I'm pretty sure it counters all attacks (including 2x attacks), but not sure about ranged, I don't think so though.

Also, the Fire Emblem 3DS decal on Etsy sold out and came back with a $2 price increase. :(
I really want to get it to salvage some good out of the blue XL that I don't like, but it's double the price of all the other decals. I hope it doesn't go away too soon, I'm very interested in it.

Counters every hit (that includes the 5 hits from Astra)

However Counter doesnt activate against ranged attacks.

So if you're a swordmaster, give them lots of magic+2 items and a levin sword :p

SaberVulcan

So, best way to beat the Counter Monsters is to use a character that has higher HP than their damage output, I guess?

They don't counter when they're dead. I was able to 2 shot all of them, so they would counter the first, and die to the second, leaving my guys with ~20% HP. Just dont attack level 30s with that particular dude again, and you're fine. If you need to attack them multiple times and they end up killing you, I would just suggest bringing a healer and/or not fighting the level 30s until you are stronger.

Also, spoilers ahoy:
Just finished chapter 25. I heard that there are a bunch of side quests that unlock characters like Emmeryn for use at this point. How do I access them, nothing popped up on the map and didnt seem like it was in the DLC place.

Anteo

They don't counter when they're dead. I was able to 2 shot all of them, so they would counter the first, and die to the second, leaving my guys with ~20% HP. Just dont attack level 30s with that particular dude again, and you're fine. If you need to attack them multiple times and they end up killing you, I would just suggest bringing a healer and/or not fighting the level 30s until you are stronger.

Also, spoilers ahoy:
Just finished chapter 25. I heard that there are a bunch of side quests that unlock characters like Emmeryn for use at this point. How do I access them, nothing popped up on the map and didnt seem like it was in the DLC place.

Those are spotpass quests, NOA unlock thems onces in a while, currently we have only one of those and is not that one that you mentioned

NeonZ

Is the Lost Bloodlines Pack worth the $6?

I bought the first two packs, but I don't think im gonna be buying anymore for $6 unless theyre amazing.

The Bloodline maps themselves aren't anything special (still bigger and higher level than Champions of Yore's though), but Bloodline 2 has a new class for all male characters(called demon fighter in Japan, able to wield swords, axes and tomes - new model and animations), and 3 has the paragon skill (twice as much experience).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom