• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Ah. Got it. I noticed it in the demo, but I was a bit confused. Just got to the part where Marth was "revealed" to be a girl.

I started on the mode where there is no perma death, but felt dirty, so I went back and restarted. Frederick has saved my shit so much. Pegasus girl had a fantastic cutscene but man, she's a one pump chump.

I love this game.

Javier

At its core, it is still a FE game. Just a dated in graphics and such but that's pretty much expected. It lacks characterization for a lot of the characters as supports weren't really a thing, weapon levels is a stat in the game that can increase at level ups, it hated axe users with a passion and you couldn't decide where units were placed at the beginning of the battle.

Just don't expect it to be as amazing as this game is and it could be enjoyable.
You can, actually. In the character selection screen, you have to set up the characters in a certain order by un-selecting characters, exiting the screen and re-entering, then selecting characters in a certain order, then repeat various times (i.e. the character in the second slot in the selection screen will always take the same spot on the map, with Marth fixed in Spot #1). It was rather annoying, but it could be done if you give it enough time.

FE5 was the one that didn't let you place units freely, and it was mega annoying there due to the huge amount of maps where units were scattered all over the place.

I really liked Fire Emblem 3, it's way better then Shadow Dragon that's for sure. The only wonky part about it is the weapon level stat, other then that it holds up pretty well as an old school srpg.

Pegasus girl had a fantastic cutscene but man, she's a one pump chump.

You're doing it wrong then :) Sumia is easily one of my strongest characters. With characters that have that strong of a weakness, there is usually a "hump" you have to get them over, and once you do they are greatness.

You can, actually. In the character selection screen, you have to set up the characters in a certain order by un-selecting characters, exiting the screen and re-entering, then selecting characters in a certain order, then repeat various times (i.e. the character in the second slot in the selection screen will always take the same spot on the map, with Marth fixed in Spot #1). It was rather annoying, but it could be done if you give it enough time.

FE5 was the one that didn't let you place units freely, and it was mega annoying there due to the huge amount of maps where units were scattered all over the place.

Ah, didn't realize that. I never tried it and just assumed it wasn't possible. :p

Anteo

Ah. Got it. I noticed it in the demo, but I was a bit confused. Just got to the part where Marth was "revealed" to be a girl.

I started on the mode where there is no perma death, but felt dirty, so I went back and restarted. Frederick has saved my shit so much. Pegasus girl had a fantastic cutscene but man, she's a one pump chump.

I love this game.

What dificulty are you playing?
Sumia was one of my main units since the chapter she joined in, she could hit twice per turn to almost all the enemies on the map!

Fuck Thracia 776, that game was just too brutal for it's own good. Even if you could place characters it wouldn't help much in all the pitch black fog of war battles while have half your army is fatigued and can't take part in said battle -.-

Chrom

Anyone else find it interesting that EXPonential Growth still isn't available for individual purchase yet? Wasn't it our understanding that it was supposed to up last week?

Chapter 17 spoiler:
When Flavia and Basilio fight Walhart(?), is that guaranteed to kill Basilio? Is that just a story sequence or is there any way for him to not critical and kill Basilio?

Chorazin

I Googled for a bit but couldn't find an answer: can Dark Mages use regular magic too? I'm thinking of reclassing my Avatar to DM but want to be sure.

Gestahl

I Googled for a bit but couldn't find an answer: can Dark Mages use regular magic too? I'm thinking of reclaiming my Avatar to DM but want to be sure.

IS had the brilliant idea of merging all magics into one weapon type so yes you can go to DM and immediately get access to Nosferatu (Nosferatu has nothing to do with your question, but it's just too stupid not to mention at every opportunity)

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
IS had the brilliant idea of merging all magics into one weapon type so yes you can go to DM and immediately get access to Nosferatu (Nosferatu has nothing to do with your question, but it's just too stupid not to mention at every opportunity)
If brilliant you mean more shallow then sure.

Gestahl

He's being sarcastic.

Nah man being able to effortlessly solo half the entire game with just the Avatar even on Lunatic simply by buying a tome from a shop (and having that tome have virtually no requirements to use once you're in a dark magic class) and having access to a second seal is Good Game Design

vvv It's an okay game, but jesus Nosferatu and Galeforce bring out the bile how do they exist in the state they're in

Andrew J.

Just had the sweetest ending to Chapter 23:

Great Lord Lucina attacks Validar, procs Aether, gets the kill, has an almost perfect stat-up, and reaches level 15, thus acquiring Rightful King.

Kjelle is a god damn monster. She has super strength, is as fast as an assassin so she attacks twice most of the time, and has great defense as normally expected from a Knight.

CSX

Reclassing is a dangerous mechanic...

I have an army of swordmasters and dark knights by accident...

Fukkk need healers

Fukkk need healers

I had that problem but Anna and Libra joined right at the best time when I reclassed all my healers into pegasus knights and they were able to run around and heal.

Fukkk need healers

I honestly don't get why people re-class in such large numbers, the game isn't difficult enough that you'd need to exploit the class system to win, and it just homogenizes your army even further.
Beyond a few units (Frederick and Donnel mostly) it seems unnecessary

CSX

I honestly don't get why people re-class in such large numbers, the game isn't difficult enough that you'd need to exploit the class system to win, and it just homogenizes your army even further.

Need to max stats for that final DLC pack :p

If you don't reclass, your units stop growing in stats and skills. Yeah, it's not needed on hard and below, but being over leveled is a seperate issue. If you do any side content, hard already becomes too easy.

Just came across a moment in the story that I thought was somewhat heart warming :)

So after the battle to recruit Owain, he has a conversation with Lissa about her naga mark and how it never showed up for her. It does show up in Owain so he's indirectly proof of Lissa's noble heritage, and she no longer worries about that. I guess that's part of why she's always worried about whether she's really a princess or not.

Also Owain is colorful, but he's still awesome.

Because if I don't pass down the right skills (especially those gender exclusive skills) to the children, then what's the point of even recruiting them?

Roto13

I'm only now using Owain for the first time ever. I just saw his first support conversation with Morgan and it was really cute. Owain decided that Morgan is his rival and Morgan is totally fine with that because being Owain's rival is awesome.

Poyunch

Ya'll are crazy. Owain is a chump compared to the superior Cynthia. She wouldn't let a teammate die like a certain sword-armed boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom